4bsolute

What technique have you learned to Erase Doubt forever?

Dear Ones,

I am interested in removing my doubt forever. Since it's really detrimental to my spiritual growth at this moment. I have a feeling that in deeper meditation doubt is automatically removed, since it is an integral part of the ego.

But is there any "magic" known to you, any self-hypnosis or other psychic technique that can deliver a short-cut to bridge this moment in time until I am at an approriate level in meditation where it is cleansed automatically?

I am asking for help because I want to have more faith into my visualizations and overall practices I do when being conscious in my waking moments because I always have that voice inside my head that goes "Lalala doesnt work anyway I show you why... here is why" and then all the work pretty much crashes into pieces. This voice is obivously most of the time adapted from those people we talk about things they call nonsense. Shall I stop talking for them for a period of time?

Can someone help? I really appreciate the information

Kind regards.

Edited by 4bsolute

Descarte tried that and confessed that it is impossible to test every part of life to ensure that what you believe to be true and valid is so. He concluded that we must accept certain things at face value until a time comes where it is proven to be wrong.

I know of no "magic" tricks one can perform in order to get one at a level of confidence you are talking about. Logical, rational thinking has always worked for me. Just like the little train engine, "I think I can, I think I can."

And, of course, this goes back to something I like to remind us all now and again; we need to test our personal capacities and capabilities frequently. We need to know what we are capable of and what we are not capable of. This will vary amongst individuals. We need to know what we can do. When we know this we will be able to remove nearly all our doubts about ourself and we will be able to proceed with our intentions.

Best Wishes.

• Like 2

Just allow it and keep going. It's the minds job to doubt and question, it will never stop while you are still alive, what you can do though is get a little distance between you and the habits of your mind, but that distance isn't gained by fighting whatever is there and trying to get rid of it.

• Like 3

Doubts are very useful in one's practice.

Once one opened up to it, and understand it.

It naturally disappears.

It's there as signposts to help you reach the right destination.

Ignoring it completely will lead you further away.

Once you reached your destination, there will be no doubts left.

• Like 2

what kind of doubts are you talking about? You have certainly reached a place of grand discrimination, which would be as a result of doubt that one is right, one is wrong for you. Why do you see this as undesirable?

Doubt should be threaten differently based on the meditation's method that one's uses.

For example, if you practice a certain set of visualizations aimed at a particular goal, it may help to listen to those who have reached that result.

Sedona method/letting go/abundance course

nlp

Emptiness meditations

Socratic questioning/journaling/questioning down.

John

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 1

Hard liquor, but so far it's only temporary.

Seriously, sometimes doubts equal intelligence. You don't or can't know what the best thing to do is. We live in a world of standing dominoes. We weigh, we intuit, we hope for the best.

Maybe what you're asking is how to stay disciplined when you question the path you're on. A genius (I forget the name Buckminister Fullsomehing) once said real progress takes obsession. Putting away your doubts and giving the system your all. But have a mental trick where at certain picked time periods, a month, a year etc., you clearly and objectively look at the system, your progress and your relation to it, and judge whether to continue or change.

Edited by thelerner

Descarte tried that and confessed that it is impossible to test every part of life to ensure that what you believe to be true and valid is so. He concluded that we must accept certain things at face value until a time comes where it is proven to be wrong.

I know of no "magic" tricks one can perform in order to get one at a level of confidence you are talking about. Logical, rational thinking has always worked for me. Just like the little train engine, "I think I can, I think I can."

And, of course, this goes back to something I like to remind us all now and again; we need to test our personal capacities and capabilities frequently. We need to know what we are capable of and what we are not capable of. This will vary amongst individuals. We need to know what we can do. When we know this we will be able to remove nearly all our doubts about ourself and we will be able to proceed with our intentions.

Best Wishes.

Back to meditation it is then, thank you.

• Like 1

4bsolute, great post. Lots of ways this can be addressed, but I think the core is - have fun.

To me, spirituality is about being alive, period. Forget complicated visualizations or meditations, if you're thinking about writing a poem or talking to that cute girl you see every day at the bus stop, THAT'S your spiritual practice. Look at your actual life and what you want to create, and take the smallest next step. And then the next. When you get confidence in doing that, your doubt will begin to be replaced by confidence.

The age-old saying that if you want to practice zen, look into your kitchen sink and your toilet first, is very true, but I think zen goes overboard in making it TOO ordinary. Personally I go directly to what will inspire me most. What would make today an 8 out of ten? What would I have to focus on, think about, and work at? Okay, having established that, what would make today a 9 out of 10? Adding in these little extra things, and pushing myself to break through my comfort zone. What would make today a 10 out of 10? I notice what kinds of thoughts and actions this line of questioning brings up, because it shows me my actual life.

If you're not feeling great, start with something tactile. Do something you know will make you feel better.

• Like 4

The age-old saying that if you want to practice zen, look into your kitchen sink and your toilet first, is very true, but I think zen goes overboard in making it TOO ordinary. Personally I go directly to what will inspire me most. What would make today an 8 out of ten? What would I have to focus on, think about, and work at? Okay, having established that, what would make today a 9 out of 10?

Be generous in marking?

• Like 1

In relation to doubt, i like this quote from David Hawkins.

"One reason for the seemingly endless delays on the way to enlightenment is doubt, which should be surrendered as a resistance. It is important to know that it is actually extremely rare for a human to be committed to Spiritual Truth to the degree of seriously seeking enlightenment, and those who do make the commitment do so because they are actually destined for enlightenment.

Who am I? Who is asking? You find out who is asking, and that answers the whole question. Its not a 'who' but a 'what'."

• Like 1

Who am I? Who is asking? You find out who is asking, and that answers the whole question. Its not a 'who' but a 'what'."

So you agree with my theory that we're just a bunch of A.I. in a computer simulation? :)

Dear Ones,

I am interested in removing my doubt forever. Since it's really detrimental to my spiritual growth at this moment. I have a feeling that in deeper meditation doubt is automatically removed, since it is an integral part of the ego.

But is there any "magic" known to you, any self-hypnosis or other psychic technique that can deliver a short-cut to bridge this moment in time until I am at an approriate level in meditation where it is cleansed automatically?

I am asking for help because I want to have more faith into my visualizations and overall practices I do when being conscious in my waking moments because I always have that voice inside my head that goes "Lalala doesnt work anyway I show you why... here is why" and then all the work pretty much crashes into pieces. This voice is obivously most of the time adapted from those people we talk about things they call nonsense. Shall I stop talking for them for a period of time?

Can someone help? I really appreciate the information

Kind regards.

Some thoughts, for what they're worth...

Don't try to erase doubt, rather let go of the need for security.

Question everything, if it is truth it will eventually become obvious.

When it's obvious, the doubt will no longer bother you.

Doubt will fall away when its ready and nothing you do can force it or rush it as far as I can tell.

It's a blessing if you can simply enjoy the process and trust your instinct.

Living with the question is much more valuable than looking for the answer.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hi All,

I just want to say that I think there have been many really outstanding responses to this OP question. It's nice to see such honest, constructive posts.

• Like 1

I healed 4 or 5 past life memories ranging from beating my son, beating beaten by dad running away from home setting the house on fire, conquering native american lands and accidentally killing my wife..all these experiences seemed to embed a lot of doubt and regret into my body.

After that there is strong difference in such feelings..

Questioning ones deepest assumptions..Asking is it true? What is silly about this? How do I react when I believe this? Who I would I be without this belief? The opposite of this belief? 3 proofs that the opposite is just as true....I.e Byron Katie I have been doing a lot of today...I think I channel, plus it has a very strong energetic effect, I dont know who says that philosophy, contemplation etc is useless because a single belief can be extremely powerful and zen koans are pretty much that contemplation.

Anyways sleeping meditation, meditation, dancing is a different energetic practices to such questioning and doubting methods which can leave one a bit anti belief what is wrong with this idea obssessive instead of an allowing mindset.

But I like harmony with practices and deal with things in an intuitive balanced way.

Realize that you are the doubt, it is not separate from you...when you say 'my doubt' you are claiming it as separate from your self, something that you own, have, etc. Become the doubt instead. See what it tells you....usually behind doubt lies insecurity with the self- all kinds: don't think you can make it, don't think it matters, don't think your smart enough, don't think your knowledge is correct. There are always reasons - deal with each reason separately. If you don't think you can make it, that usually is related to thinking how difficult it is and that you aren't up to par. Then question, "why do I feel I am not up to par?" Then explore that feeling...you might then find the reasons you dont think you can make it...then explore those, keep working through the chains until you reach the whole pattern. Often you will find many false beliefs which were keeping you locked in that doubt state. By bringing the light of wisdom awareness to your doubt and what it stems from you can defeat it. If you doubt the knowledge you have - do the same thing - find out why you doubt it, then identify the subfactors...take it apart, analyze each piece - find out where you lack understanding, find out where you need to some more research. It works like this..

So you agree with my theory that we're just a bunch of A.I. in a computer simulation? :)

:)

Not sure if this theory will find agreement because 'non-self' does not necessarily equate to 'artificial'.

The antidote for doubt is faith or trust. It is a state of being that is closer to the non-duality because it does not favor one line of reasoning or situation over another. Doubts can help on the path, and in life, but 4bsolute, you are really honing in on something powerful here. There is something about doubt that is ego-centric and pulls you away from oneness, and something about trust that integrates. The idea is to let go of the objects (of doubt or trust) and keep the state, just as it is. A state of trust. Or like the Pearl Jam song title, "state of love and trust." The objects or items to be trusted or doubted are not seperate from you, so you can trust the basic level that it is all existing.

• Like 1

The antidote for doubt is faith or trust. It is a state of being that is closer to the non-duality because it does not favor one line of reasoning or situation over another. Doubts can help on the path, and in life, but 4bsolute, you are really honing in on something powerful here. There is something about doubt that is ego-centric and pulls you away from oneness, and something about trust that integrates. The idea is to let go of the objects (of doubt or trust) and keep the state, just as it is. A state of trust. Or like the Pearl Jam song title, "state of love and trust." The objects or items to be trusted or doubted are not seperate from you, so you can trust the basic level that it is all existing.

that makes great sense. thank you. Like achieving absorption with a seed object, and then letting the seed go and then being the absorption. I never thought about it happening with trust...other things yes, but it had never occurred to me with that word. Trust = willingness to surrender and be led..eventually into mergence once the leader and the follower disappear into each other.