Tatsumaru

What is the secret of being ultra smart ?

"If you understand others you are smart." TTC 33

All that really matters is how well you can persuade people.

Yes--- anyone can read any subject of knowledge and understand it completely...but you have to be able to communicate it for it to be effective. And you can communicate the best to people and things you understand. And you can make them agree or disagree based upon your perceptibilty. And therefore you have used everything to the best that you could...

By the art of deception, hanging around with people who are ultra dumb, will make the other appear ultra smart

Like the story of the hungry bear and the fastest camper.

• Like 1

the secret to intelligence is simply being born with it. The "environmental" contribution to intelligence is only a negative one (ie, you can reduce your intelligence through drugs, drinking, and not getting enough sleep). You can't increase your intellect permanently, although you can temporarily increase some components of intelligence such as concentration and alertness by using stimulants.

Lol... Well I'll start from the bottom up.

1. Believe you are intelligent and pay honest attention to things. Think more and more. Research more. Open mind more. Stop being lazy. Prioritize. Do all those good things you should be doing. Diet, sun, walking barefoot, exercise (walk, run, play, hike, sports, high rep resistance training low rep high weight resistance training), drinking water. Best diet is large amounts of raw vegetarian hybrid with TCM/ayurveda theories. Certain herbs help boost the brain. Ashwaganda, Gingko Biloba, Ginseng, Acetyl-L-carnitine, etc. Also the Haritaki herb very good. Seriously thats the best herb I could recommend. Its a semi-common Indian herb in a common formula called Triphala, which has three herbs in it. Best to order it in bulk pure as possible. (honestly some herbs like Turmeric you can just eat on your food)

2. Learn to photoread and read all kinds of stuff including dictionaries. (Photoreading is very real and can be learned by anyone)

3. Do lots and lots of energy work. SFQ Microcosmic Orbit or Kunlun or Sadhguru's course or Nithyananda's stuff. Each one has a differnt way of activating the potential energy in the human and the brain. This is as close as you will get to "Limitless", actually it will be better. Nithyanandas course is a super simple/effective way of opening up Kundalini which will do all kinds of stuff for your "geniusness" this is a more dangerous explosive path but Nithya's techniques are safer than most Kundalini. Increases of your ATP (cell energy) will allow all chemicals in all systems to increase their balance and efficency, acetlycholine will skyrocket, etc. Kundalini will go in to activate genes and the genius in your brain. Sadhguru works similarly he emphasizes when you disconnect from the body and mind your ability to do anything increase 10x so you disconnect and he has lots of personal experience and tips and claims to make anyone be able to eat only very little and sleep only a couple hours a night with a few simple tips and a few weeks. Kunlun may be the fastest way and the safest way and the easiest way to unlock the inner potential, it utilizes the downward water path, allowing your body to do as it pleases, which is much easier than forcing it, it utilizes Red Phoenix which is specific techinque to open up the dormant brain potential. Finally there is the Microcosmic Orbit by far the most powerful Daoist meditation and one of the best mediations in the world, (the others are also some of the best in the world: Unclutching/void meditation, 7-steps of En-Kriya/Kundalini/3rd eye, Kunlun, Shambavi Sadhna) one of the best forms of this this Orbit, (the best that I've found) is the one taught by Chunyi Lin, his SFQ MCO involving the two primordial yin/yang sounds, calling on the universal energy/love, and the points. Also use self-hypnosis as explained by Seth and many others. Its one of the most ultimate practices truly. Just repeat a certain phrase for no more than 5 minutes, or concentrate on that idea for no more than 5 minutes. It will manifest because you will have become "self-hypnotized" simply a build up of message. Whats important is the quality of awareness/attention/energy/concentration you have when you do the "self-hypnosis" or "prayer". Its basically manifestation, hypnosis, prayer, and acessing the akashic records all at the same time!

Tatsumaru,

J. Krishnamurti once said, "The only intelligence is the intelligence of compassion."

Love is the nature of truth, and love is joy. It seems to me that this can help one to find truth, knowing its nature.

In my opinion, some examples of the idea that love and joy are the nature of truth are:

-Everyone is beautiful.

-Life is eternal.

-Life is a miracle.

-Everything is happening perfectly.

These ideas are loving and joyful.

Btw, I'm talking about ULTIMATE truth, not "truths" like the world is a rotten place.

God said in one of Neale Donald Walsch's books that He speaks to us through our, 1) clearest word, 2) highest thought, 3) grandest feeling.

So when something is clear, joyful, high, loving, beautiful.....that's from God.

Abraham says that we know we're in touch with our Source when we are FEELING GOOD. So the key to knowing truth (ultimate truth) is if it feels good, if it feels right, if it feels loving and joyful.

I hope this helps.

• Like 2

You could also try some various nootropic herbs and nutrients..

For example, bacopa can enhance mental clarity as well as boost production of endogenous antioxidant enzymes, SOD (superoxide dismutase) & catalase, for overall health.

Bacopa Monnieri is the second highest ranked herb in Ayurveda, and is a currently validated herb for improving Cognition (mostly by reducing Anxiety, although it might also increase focus) and for increasing Memory. These effects are most studied in the elderly, but they appear to also affect healthy youth as well; thus making Bacopa Monnieri one of the more validated of the nootropics. It currently has been validated in numerous trials for its benefits to memory. It does have interactions with both dopamine and serotonergic systems, but it appears to work through proliferating dendrites (to enhance synaptic transmission) and thus promote neuron communication. It is also an anti-oxidant, both directly by sequestering oxidation and indirectly in cells by inducing Nrf2, an anti-oxidant gene response; these can indirectly protect cells, which Bacopa has been shown to do in vitro.

bacopa_monnieri.jpg

Edited by vortex

Hmnn how to look more intelligent... I've found hanging around idiots always made me look smarter, though sometimes people couldn't tell us apart.

• Like 2

Listening and being honest with yourself and others.

Getting to the heart of the issue immediately is genius. :)

• Thanks 1

Anyone saw that movie "Limitless" ? Gosh I swear people have been talking about nootropics and stuff all over the forums and I have tried basically all the nootropics except for the super secret stuff like J147 and AMPA-kines and what not. I've tried all the racetams, methylene blue, cerebrolysine, huperzine, galantamine etc. etc.

Some of these things work a little but they are absolutely nowhere near the omnipotence that the main hero from the movie got out of that fictitious pill NZT-48.

Ok I know "It's just a movie". However all of us here should know by now that nothing is impossible, so saying "Look, it's just a movie" won't cut it here.

And I've exercised my brain a lot as well. Started playing the piano from age 6 profesionally, was the first in my class to read/write (way before I even started school). I have great insights every now and then but I just don't feel that I'm living up to my potential. In fact I'm rather mediocre for what I have. And I know I have much more. It's one of those things that you just know with your third eye. But I just don't know how to unlock it. Exercise is not the key, at least not of the classic type (e.g. learning to write with left hand, doing mind games, reading dostoevsky, painting etc.). Sure it helps, but is still nothing special. I want the premium package, the absolute vision to change the world in real time.

I will do anything to have it, I will even jump off of a cliff if that will solve it. I need to know tell me,  what are the secret techniques to unlocking the mind, no matter how dangerous. Thanks.

You must be WILLING to see the truth.

That's the key.

Krishnamurti called this the "awakening of intelligence".

People usually "see what they want to see".

They believe what they want to believe, what they think "works for them".

If a person wants to see the real truth, they have to overcome this problem and become willing to know what's really true.

To put it another way, if you want to see the truth, you have to TRULY want to.

Edited by roger
  • Like 2

'bump' ..... with no comment on such a necro  ???? 

My God ,   talk about necro ! ...   I even saw a post from 'Thunder Gooch '     back there !   :blink:  

You must be WILLING to see the truth.

That's the key.

Krishnamurti called this the "awakening of intelligence".

People usually "see what they want to see".

The believe what they want to believe, what they think "works for them".

If a person wants to see the real truth, they have to overcome this problem and become willing to know what's really true.

To put it another way, if you want to see the truth, you have to TRULY want to.

Absolute or so called real truth is an illusion in the minds of true believers.

Absolute or so called real truth is an illusion in the minds of true believers.

Even ideas like, "Everyone has a 'divine nature'"?

I take a different pov but I respect your opinion.

Even ideas like, "Everyone has a 'divine nature'"?

I take a different pov but I respect your opinion.

How does one precisely define 'divine nature'?

The secret of being ultra-smart?  Pick ultra-smart parents.  Bonus points if they´re also well-educated, reasonably comfortable financially, and interested in your intellectual development.  They should be the kind of people who expose you to a lot of learning opportunities early in life -- museums! the trumpet! snorkeling! -- and encourage you to explore whatever tickles you.

If this advice is coming too late, you can always dedicate yourself to learning. What you learn may not make you ultra-smart, but it will make you learned.  The people on Taobums who seem really smart to me are the ones who know a lot; their posts contain all sorts of obscure but interesting details.  They know the things they do because they wanted to know them, and put in the work (usually reading) to satisfy their curiosity.  You can too.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

How does one precisely define 'divine nature'?

I guess one could define it in several different ways.

I mainly see it as a basic goodness, that everyone is loving and pure in their true essence.

Do you believe there's a Buddha nature, a divine nature?

Being a website devoted mostly to Eastern kinds of spirituality, probably most of the people who interact here do.

I guess one could define it in several different ways.

I mainly see it as a basic goodness, that everyone is loving and pure in their true essence.

Do you believe there's a Buddha nature, a divine nature?

Being a website devoted mostly to Eastern kinds of spirituality, probably most of the people who interact here do.

I just want to add something, because the thing is that it's very apparent and obvious that, while people may be pure in their "true essence," many people certainly don't act like it or have thoughts and emotions that reflect it.

In Buddhism they teach that it's like peeling away the layers of an onion, after which you get to the core of it.

We have layers of illusions, underneath which is love and goodness.

Meditation, according to most Buddhist teachers, is a way of releasing or letting go of those layers. Another way to put it is "polishing the mirror".

Another thing is that it's supposedly quite possible to let go of ALL of those "layers" in one feel swoop- "instant enlightenment".

Although I would consider that to be a virtually superhuman feat which almost no one is capable of.

• Like 2

Super intelligence??  Generally I advise against going after cartoon or movie powers.  Image streaming is said to give a few more IQ points and open up intuition.  The real greats in the brain department were renaissance men, then and now.  People of endless curiosity who tackled diverse fields and were masters of time management.

My nephew is amazing, not just because he got a quarter million dollar scholarship for a doctorate in medical engineering something, but he plays most instruments at high level and chooses unlikely music like ska and celtic.   Always has a dedicated girl friend, always playing in a band.  He works hard and incredibly long hours but has the knack to enjoy what he's doing.

In your quest mastery of time management and balance are essential.   I like Michael Geld's stuff.  He's got books on modeling yourself after famous genius's, but more importantly he had a great podcast about enjoying wine, enjoying food.  In the play 1001 Nights, the wisest person in the world was asked to give the secret of life.  She said it in 2 words.  Cultivate Enthusiasm.   

Pretty true if you ask me.  Good luck and don't screw yourself up with drugs.

Some modern methods of improving your memory are based on visualization techniques used by universal Renaissance thinkers like Giordano Bruno. Anybody interested in this topic should read Frances A. Yates: The Art of Memory.

• Like 2

As far as IQ, scientists just found a new batch of genes which accounts for 20% of the IQ differences between European subjects.  And they estimate that genes in general account for up to half of measured intelligence.

Paris (AFP) - Scientists on Monday announced the discovery of 52 genes linked to human intelligence, 40 of which have been identified as such for the first time.

The findings also turned up a surprising connection between intelligence and autism that could one day help shed light on the condition's origins.

Taken together, the new batch of "smart genes" accounted for 20 percent of the discrepencies in IQ test results among tens of thousands of people examined, the researchers reported in the journal Nature Genetics.

"For the first time, we were able to detect a substantial amount of genetic effects in IQ," said Danielle Posthuma, a researcher at the Center for Neurogenomics and Cognitive Research in Amsterdam, and the main architect of the study.

"Our findings provide insight into the biological underpinnings of intelligence," she told AFP.

Most of the newly discovered gene variants linked to elevated IQ play a role in regulating cell development in the brain, especially neuron differentiation and the formation of neural information gateways called synapses.

An international team of 30 scientists combed through 13 earlier studies in which detailed genetic profiles and intelligence evaluations -- based on IQ tests -- had been compiled for 78,000 people, all of European descent.

- Links with autism -

Increasingly powerful computers have made it possible to scan and compare hundreds of thousands of genomes, matching tiny variations in DNA with diseases, body types or, in this case, native smarts.

The human genome has some 25,000 genes composed of more than three billion pairing of building-block molecules.

Many of the genetic variations linked with high IQ also correlated with other attributes: more years spent in school, bigger head size in infancy, tallness, and even success in kicking the tobacco habit.

One of the strongest -- and most surprising -- links was with autism, noted Posthuma.

"Gene variants associated with high IQ are also associated with higher risk of autism spectrum disorder," she said in an interview.

One gene in particular -- SHANK3 -- "is a very good candidate for explaining that," she added.

Conversely, the absence of certain high-IQ genes was more common in people suffering from schizophrenia or obesity.

- A genetic IQ test? -

To challenge their own results, the researchers separately checked the 13 databases they drew from -- each had used slightly different IQ tests -- against the 52 gene variants to see if the combined match-up between intelligence and genetic profile held up. It did.

They also scanned a very large database that had not been part of their study. Once again, the link held up, though -- as expected -- with a smaller percentage overlap between with IQ.

Scientists would have to scan millions of genomes to find them all, and the raw data and computing power for doing so is still out of reach, Posthuma explained.

"For intelligence, there are thousands of genes," she said. "We have detected the 52 most important ones, but there will be a lot more."

Experts agree that genes probably account for up to half of measured intelligence. But even if scientists could map all the genetic quirks that contribute to being brainy, that might not be enough to predict IQ, much less success in life.

"We are looking at all these genetic effects in isolation," said Posthuma. "Maybe it's a certain pattern of genetic variants" -- and not just their sheer number -- "that makes you more intelligent."

The other major ingredient for achievement, she added, is exercising one's quotient of grey matter, however big or small it might be.

If someone with a big genetic endowment "chooses not to put any effort into learning, then that will definitely diminish their chances for achievement," Posthuma said.

Edited by gendao

On 5/5/2013 at 10:16 AM, Tatsumaru said:

Anyone saw that movie "Limitless" ? Gosh I swear people have been talking about nootropics and stuff all over the forums and I have tried basically all the nootropics except for the super secret stuff like J147 and AMPA-kines and what not. I've tried all the racetams, methylene blue, cerebrolysine, huperzine, galantamine etc. etc.

Some of these things work a little but they are absolutely nowhere near the omnipotence that the main hero from the movie got out of that fictitious pill NZT-48.

Ok I know "It's just a movie". However all of us here should know by now that nothing is impossible, so saying "Look, it's just a movie" won't cut it here.

And I've exercised my brain a lot as well. Started playing the piano from age 6 profesionally, was the first in my class to read/write (way before I even started school). I have great insights every now and then but I just don't feel that I'm living up to my potential. In fact I'm rather mediocre for what I have. And I know I have much more. It's one of those things that you just know with your third eye. But I just don't know how to unlock it. Exercise is not the key, at least not of the classic type (e.g. learning to write with left hand, doing mind games, reading dostoevsky, painting etc.). Sure it helps, but is still nothing special. I want the premium package, the absolute vision to change the world in real time.

I will do anything to have it, I will even jump off of a cliff if that will solve it. I need to know tell me, what are the secret techniques to unlocking the mind, no matter how dangerous. Thanks.

Awaken and keep going - it is far beyond astounding - there are no words for what is.

But the you that wishes this will die in the gaining of the essence of no-self.

You can be in a hurricane and will be "still" in the eye.

The colors of the day sparkle.

Whole scenes stand in slow motion.

Space and time are figments.

Like floating in a bottomless pit - there is never a bottom to fear and no clinging to anything- - a lightness that is bright in sickness and chaos (though it can certainly appear pretty muddled).

Limitless, Lucy, The Matrix - lots of that here.

No drug can take you there - it is far beyond mind and chemical - it is beyond body (singular) - it is beyond ones karma and requires this to be undone - their is no short cut to undoing karma - those bonds cannot be skipped over - la de da - these powers would rip to shreds in extreme resistance run through the deviations that would scream.

There is no rabbits way - it is a myth - the rabbits way is the illusion.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4