Tatsumaru

What is the secret of being ultra smart ?

Some quotes to ponder:

“The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.” I've seen this attributed to Einstein.

"Learning consists in daily accumulating; The practice of Tao consists in daily diminishing." DDJ(Wu)

What is being diminished?

What is being diminished?

Whatever you have accumulated

intellectual potential is 100% genetic. nothing you do can make you smarter, but you can do lots of things to make yourself dumber like banging ur head against the wall. so theres no secret to it other than being born smart. sorry to bust ur bubble lol

You didn't burst my bubble because all of what you said was 100% bs. On the other hand however, quite groundedly demonstrated a lack of basic knowledge in genetics.

Edited by Tatsumaru

My point being that by not including other aspects of one's being and how that relates to beyond oneself, the quest for the greater self will be limited. An understanding of the use of pronouns in one's speech will yield an important clue as to one's evolution.

Ralis - interesting that you posted a picture of Rodin's Thinker. It has been occurring to me lately that WE are the thinker and that there is much more to that work of art than meets the eye.

As to intelligence, I don't think that true intelligence can be manifested until one gets to know himself down to the core. And the core is pretty astounding.

Edited by manitou

As to intelligence, I don't think that true intelligence can be manifested until one gets to know himself down to the core.

Really? I think you're very intelligent, one of the smartest women.

I can't be truly content unless I find God.

I can't be truly happy unless I get a better job/car/house/spouse/body/brain ......

I can't have true intelligence unless I get to know myself down to the core.

This line of thinking got us into trouble in the first place.

I boldly declare we have true intelligence. Anyone who disagrees is an idiot (God included). :)

Edited by hydrogen
  • Like 1

Really?

I can't be truly content unless I find God.

I can't be truly happy unless I get a better job/car/house/spouse/body/brain ......

I can't have true intelligence unless I get to know myself down to the core.

This line of thinking got us into trouble in the first place.

I boldly declare I have true intelligence. Anyone who disagrees is an idiot (God included). :)

There is no God.

This has been in the news recently - brain training which allegedly makes brain functions four years younger. Although it may not boost your intelligence, it certainly seems to prevent its degradation.

http://www.positscience.com/

Smartness is usually considered to be the rate and quantity of factoids one accumulates

But this quotient has nothing to do with the legitimacy or value one is accumulating

There are many , 12 dozen or more identified brain functions that can improve performance

but none really guarantee it.

The really smart thing one can do to be ultra smart

is surround themselves with smarter folks and then shut up

But I dont think the TTC puts much value on brainpower in terms of smarts , and rightly so.

Luck innocence, stubbornness, benevolence, chutzpah ,

and- peace with oneself, as is etc .. can trump smarts nine times out of ten

unless you are trying to win at some arbitrary test for a meaningless score.

Edited by Stosh

Don't have much time right now but I will begin posting some other points about intelligence. There are many aspects and the Western mind as Jacques Derrida has stated that Westerners (USA) are deconstructionists as opposed to holistic thinkers.

What Michael Jordan exhibits here is almost impossible. Which I would call athletic IQ.

Rodin visual/kinesthetic/feeling

The_Kiss.JPG

This piece is a fine example of visual kinesthetic/feeling

Paris_2010_-_Le_Penseur.jpg

The Parthenon

The_Parthenon_in_Athens.jpg

Lol, Athletic IQ? He's just black and therefore has a higher concentration of fast twitch muscles in his legs.

I know this because I'm black myself.

• Like 1

True Intelligence is Gestalt, To me. Mental Wholeness, The ability to be able to consciously use the resources of your brain at anytime anywhere and be able to solve any problem.

Someone who's mastered this will be able to take a giant with just a pencil in his hand.

Lol, Athletic IQ? He's just black and therefore has a higher concentration of fast twitch muscles in his legs.

I know this because I'm black myself.

Why can't the intelligence of the body be included?

I'm not sure it should even be classified as a form of intelligence, Monkeys and chimps have awesome kinesthetic "intelligence" and you don't see anyone giving them any medals.

I'm not sure it should even be classified as a form of intelligence, Monkeys and chimps have awesome kinesthetic "intelligence" and you don't see anyone giving them any medals.

I think you are missing the point of this discussion. Humans and primates share between 95-98.5% DNA. I am attempting to broaden the discussion by including all aspects of human intelligence. Not just the cognitive, as deconstructionist thinkers in the West believe.

I'll assume the kinesthetic is the ability to use your body to achieve a certain task. ol Michael Jordan couldn't have possibly consciously pinpointed exactly how to position his body in way that could make the shot, He was able to do that because practiced that technique everyday until it was implanted into his subconscious mind and came second nature to him by sheer reflex. Anyone would be able to make a shot like that if they could jump that high and practice that shot enough,

It's all about reflex and instinct.

Anyone saw that movie "Limitless" ? Gosh I swear people have been talking about nootropics and stuff all over the forums and I have tried basically all the nootropics except for the super secret stuff like J147 and AMPA-kines and what not. I've tried all the racetams, methylene blue, cerebrolysine, huperzine, galantamine etc. etc.

Some of these things work a little but they are absolutely nowhere near the omnipotence that the main hero from the movie got out of that fictitious pill NZT-48.

Ok I know "It's just a movie". However all of us here should know by now that nothing is impossible, so saying "Look, it's just a movie" won't cut it here.

And I've exercised my brain a lot as well. Started playing the piano from age 6 profesionally, was the first in my class to read/write (way before I even started school). I have great insights every now and then but I just don't feel that I'm living up to my potential. In fact I'm rather mediocre for what I have. And I know I have much more. It's one of those things that you just know with your third eye. But I just don't know how to unlock it. Exercise is not the key, at least not of the classic type (e.g. learning to write with left hand, doing mind games, reading dostoevsky, painting etc.). Sure it helps, but is still nothing special. I want the premium package, the absolute vision to change the world in real time.

I will do anything to have it, I will even jump off of a cliff if that will solve it. I need to know tell me, what are the secret techniques to unlocking the mind, no matter how dangerous. Thanks.

You might try loosing your mind, in order to come to your senses. Your ego is your is your biggest hurdle. :)

You might try loosing your mind, in order to come to your senses. Your ego is your is your biggest hurdle. :)

Actually, This guys a lot like me. Someday I want to change the world as well. Space-Travelling technology and what not. He must be an aries as well.

how is intelligence measured? that is part of the secret.

There are 13 unique and independent as well as interdependent "scales" or "measurements" of intelligence.

Look to the zodiac for some info... but consider that there is no one true truth of those 13 thoughtsets, and what is great and works for ares is damning for virgo.

Read "The Brain that Changes Itself" by Norman Doidge, M.D.

This book documents the growing scientific evidence of our brain's neuroplasticity.

It has been traditionally thought, by scientists, that once the brain reaches maturity, its neuroplasticity has slowed to a stop. That the brain at that point is essentially hardwired.

But a growing mountain of respectable scientific research is slowing overturning that long-held assumption. Peer-review studies in the literature are now showing that the brain is more soft-wired (neuroplastic) than we thought, even in old age.

Our thoughts can and do change our brain's neural networks. We can overcome mental illnesses, improve intelligence, even reverse hearing and eyesight damage, simply by rewiring our brains.

Being on this forum is an advantage for you, because it means you've already opened yourself up to practices like meditation.

This is important because concentration is highly important to build new synapses and neural networks.

But I cannot elucidate the contents of the book better than the book can itself. So I strongly recommend reading it.

The Brain that Changes Itself is one of the most important books I've ever read. If you really want to heighten your intellect, you need to be aware of the advances being made in modern neuroscience--and this book offers that.

• Like 1

This book documents the growing scientific evidence of our brain's neuroplasticity.

It has been traditionally thought, by scientists, that once the brain reaches maturity, its neuroplasticity has slowed to a stop. That the brain at that point is essentially hardwired.

But a growing mountain of respectable scientific research is slowing overturning that long-held assumption. Peer-review studies in the literature are now showing that the brain is more soft-wired (neuroplastic) than we thought, even in old age.

Our thoughts can and do change our brain's neural networks. We can overcome mental illnesses, improve intelligence, even reverse hearing and eyesight damage, simply by rewiring our brains.

Being on this forum is an advantage for you, because it means you've already opened yourself up to practices like meditation.

This is important because concentration is highly important to build new synapses and neural networks.

But I cannot elucidate the contents of the book better than the book can itself. So I strongly recommend reading it.

The Brain that Changes Itself is one of the most important books I've ever read. If you really want to heighten your intellect, you need to be aware of the advances being made in modern neuroscience--and this book offers that.

I know. That's why I started using Cerebrolysin and IGF-1 in addition to heavy mental exercise. I started listening to Mozart, reading Dostoevsky, learning to write with my left hand, chess play, bridge play, painting hell even writing. Maybe it helped a little but there was no WTF at the end of the process which took about 6 months.

Actually, This guys a lot like me. Someday I want to change the world as well. Space-Travelling technology and what not. He must be an aries as well.

Yes I am. And I am infinitely thankful to vemarco here, who created a very very professional horoscope for me that changed my life. Literally.

Tripe. rubbish. utter garbage.

pure balderdash.

To hide or hide from the perpetrator of the hardwiring and programming of human brains to serve.

Real Eyes Realize Real Lies. i can see through reality and have nowhere else to go and nothing better to do than expose the truth to all.

Honestly, ask yourself, "WHY did we believe that in the first place?"

Then ask "Who benefits from it?!"

These are important questions to always ask.

Why trust when you can know?

Tripe. rubbish. utter garbage.

pure balderdash.

To hide or hide from the perpetrator of the hardwiring and programming of human brains to serve.

Real Eyes Realize Real Lies. i can see through reality and have nowhere else to go and nothing better to do than expose the truth to all.

Honestly, ask yourself, "WHY did we believe that in the first place?"

Then ask "Who benefits from it?!"

These are important questions to always ask.

Why trust when you can know?

Let's not devolve into a pointless squabble over this; however, why is it balderdash? As I said, the book documents reputable peer-view scientific studies. Neuroscience isn't tripe. Can you enumerate scientific studies showing that the brain is only hardwired?

Let's not devolve into a pointless squabble over this; however, why is it balderdash? As I said, the book documents reputable peer-view scientific studies. Neuroscience isn't tripe. Can you enumerate scientific studies showing that the brain is only hardwired?

I have seen a number of PBS specials on this topic and have read some of the literature. Thanks for the reference.