Tatsumaru

What is the secret of being ultra smart ?

I think, like the photo-reading thing suggested (which I figured it would), that you need to know what you're looking for so that you can filter out the rest. Then you need the discipline to do so.

Also, as others have said here, being familiar with a vast number of subjects gives you greater perspective on the others and allows you to see developments that others do not.

I can't remember the source now, but it was certainly Daoist, which stated that joy counters concentration. This, I have found, is true! Too much joy and you get ADHD, less joy and it's easier to concentrate. Of course, there should be time in one's week to have joy too, but one should be aware of its influence if they're trying to concentrate. Too many happy people around and work becomes very difficult, though anger and other emotions can also distract attention.

Damn, Some of you guys are being real jerks, There's nothing wrong with wanting to become super intelligent. I'm actually baffled that you guys are criticizing him for want to improve himself and be the best person he can be.

Personally, I'd like to be ultra-smart I plan on becoming a Genius inventor one day. Never thought Intelligence would be perceived as some "lower vibration" or "Carnivorous" concept. Seriously though, Damn.

• Like 3

Concentration is key. Most people have most of their mental capabilities scattered. If you can fully focus on something, suddenly it's like you have opened up 40 IQ points.

I finish tasks while everyone else is halfway through, and to a better standard... not because I'm smarter, but because, thanks to SHAMATHA (all hail shamatha!), I can direct all the smartness that I do have into that task, rather than wasting 1/3 of my mind and my time oscillating between other things.

Shamatha has also really improved my memory. Reading is good too, and puzzles that challenge your weak areas. Also I feel super-sharp if I retain jing for a while.

• Like 3

There are Qigong techs to improve intelligence.

I recall there being some in Sifu Wong Kiew Kit's book Chi Kung for health and vitality.

If you have some methods which target and increase flow/expand your energy centres (third eye, throat and crown especially IMO) this can help with the intellect.

Edited by Ish

I get they guys who dis me. After all it is true that being intelligent and knowledgeable is the absolute opposite of being enlightened.

However everyone who really seeks to let go should realize that there is nothing wrong with anything in the world, thus there is no need to criticize me for going backwards on the path. If you are able to contribute please do so.

Being super smart is fake and in the relative reality thus it shouldn't require any hardship to achieve. It should be instant if one knows the means to unlock it.

Knowledge is something that I want to let go of after some time, so I'm not looking for a lifelong commitment to it.

Edited by Tatsumaru

I didn't mean to dis you, if I came off as being a jerk. It was meant to be friendly teasing but I guess that can be annoying. I admire you for setting your goal at the impossible. I am also interested in ways of enhancing cognitive ability, but I approach it in small ways through diet and exercise without an ultimate goal of becoming something that I am not. Genetics play a huge part, and I work with what I have been given. That's my realist approach, but I also toy with the idea of a collective human memory- that maybe we are wired to receive all knowledge and have forgotten how.

I wonder if people have achieved this, but their intelligence unlocked some of the big questions that led them to not use their abilities for any personal or human gain, essentially dissolving ego so that they were never known. Instead perhaps they realized it was more efficient and objectively better (since they would have objective knowledge based on all information in existence) for them to just live a simple life, and focus all their energy on humanistic goals.

I don't think cognition is the opposite to enlightenment. I think the ability to perceive things at their nature would lead to either depending on how those abilities are used.

Edited by oildrops
  • Like 1

intellectual potential is 100% genetic. nothing you do can make you smarter, but you can do lots of things to make yourself dumber like banging ur head against the wall. so theres no secret to it other than being born smart. sorry to bust ur bubble lol

• Like 1

Edited by sinansencer

intellectual potential is 100% genetic. nothing you do can make you smarter, but you can do lots of things to make yourself dumber like banging ur head against the wall. so theres no secret to it other than being born smart. sorry to bust ur bubble lol

that's absolutely unacceptable. Please stay out of this conversation you have displayed 100% ignorance so far. It's been proven that you can increase your intelligence.

Edited by yondaime109

What is the secret of being ultra smart ?

Just get the facts straight.

Isolate the facts from the fallacies.

• Like 2

What if all are fallacies because they're based on a false premise?

A premise is a statement that an argument claims will induce or justify a conclusion.[1] In other words: a premise is an assumption that something is true.

Than we have problem, don't we......???

In that case, don't deal with it at all or following it blindly until the discovery of falsehood..... ;) Eventually, the truth will come out. If one cannot detect the truth, then, I am very sorry for that person.

• Like 2

Question everything, every answer, every truth, opinion, fact, and relevance.

Not always necessarily outwardly- that would be redundant, but you msut take it upon yourself to become knowledgable.

Training yourself to recall facts is a matter of repetition and "deprevation" or "endurance"... recall, right now, a moment from a random date: 5/16/1999 for example. i know i couldnt, but i have made no point in recalling specific times/dates or specifically not storing it.

Storytelling should help.

I think there are 2 basic ways to be smart. The first one is to be open to everything take in lots of information quickly and understand and synthesize it. The other one is to laser focus on something complicated and tune out everything else as distraction til you understand it. So, 2 processes- the first takes multitasking and encompassing awareness and the second concentration and single pointed awareness.

• Like 2

How to unlock the mind should rather be a question how to unlock yourself.

Here's your huckleberry, I do believe :)

so are you asserting its simply a genetic fluke when 1 brother of 3 is able to figure a great many things out faster than the other two, seemingly just by observing something it is all familiar? certainly not to disparage the other two, for they can also be quite intelligent and be at the top of one's class in a given study.

what makes it so that one can watch for a minute and go "yeah, I can do that" and execute like he indeed has done it before, whereas the other two do not operate that way?

genetics is part of a relatively favorable birth - I mean, if you're born as an ape, your intellectual capacity is only so high. but no way is it a comprehensive explanation.

• Like 3

Death is the great equalizer.

How do you know that? Did you come back from death? Thanks.

Edited by hydrogen
  • Like 1

I doubt that it would give anyone "limitless" like smarts, but what do people think of n-back training? It's something I've been thinking of trying for awhile now.

I don't think that trying to improve intelligence is contrary to "enlightenment" (whatever that is) at all. We are multi-dimesional beings and there's something to be said for focusing our self-improvement efforts in a well-rounded way on our different facets.

Don't have much time right now but I will begin posting some other points about intelligence. There are many aspects and the Western mind as Jacques Derrida has stated that Westerners (USA) are deconstructionists as opposed to holistic thinkers.

What Michael Jordan exhibits here is almost impossible. Which I would call athletic IQ.

Rodin visual/kinesthetic/feeling

The_Kiss.JPG

This piece is a fine example of visual kinesthetic/feeling

Paris_2010_-_Le_Penseur.jpg

The Parthenon

The_Parthenon_in_Athens.jpg

• Like 1

My point being that by not including other aspects of one's being and how that relates to beyond oneself, the quest for the greater self will be limited. An understanding of the use of pronouns in one's speech will yield an important clue as to one's evolution.

• Like 1

Some quotes to ponder:

“The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.” I've seen this attributed to Einstein.

"Learning consists in daily accumulating; The practice of Tao consists in daily diminishing." DDJ(Wu)