Taomeow

A mod resigns

Hello fellow bums,

I will now be a simple alley cat around here, not a mod anymore. Been quite a stretch, and from a very involved and active mod life I gradually found my participation in this capacity dwindling -- busy, and perhaps the qi of this particular mode of functioning has grown old. I'm getting more involved in some of my practices, among other things, in particular dedicating extra time to taiji (since I've started learning the second routine of the Old Frame of Chen, Cannonfist, and that's no joke -- my complacency being settled in my first routine ways is over, now they have me jump though flaming hoops and do all kinds of tricks and I need to focus. :) )

See you all around the forums.

:wub:

• Like 7

Best wishes TM for your practice ... you lasted a lot longer than I did ... :)

• Like 3

I greatly appreciated the "Sword of the Tao"

You were invaluable in my time of darkness.

Be well my friend.

:wub: always

• Like 2

Hey Taomeow,

I hope you will enjoy posting on the board free from the concierge concerns. Sounds good to me!

I think we said originally when sean first asked for moderators that it would or should be a cyclical role... wax on, wax off.. not a perma - role for anyone, ideally.*

Congrats on claiming your freedom! Have fun.

*.. hope this doesnt come across as "you'll never truly escape.." ... dont mean it that way.. just that its a fluid thing, maybe.. or not..

• Like 2

Taomeow, I've very much appreciated the perspective and balance you've brought to moderation.

Especially that sword-like quality.... :-)

Thank you for sticking with it so long!

• Like 1

Sounds like we'll still have Taowmeow's wit and wisdom around. Just no need to patrol with the site w/ a badge. Thanks for serving and alley cats are pretty hip and there simplicity is deceptive.

• Like 1

Don't forget to clean out your box, dear.

Deci Belle,

It's a little off topic, but this statement of yours confuses me and makes me think I don't understand the nature of spiritual attainment and enlightenment. In your profile statement you say..."Having gone all the way myself I only point at the source of impersonal awareness." Also, "If there is anything you consider not yourself it is obvious you do not see the empty kalpa." I find your writing very interesting, although I confess I don't always understand you. Anyway, here's what I don't get: how can somebody whose "gone all the way" say something to Taomeow so obviously snide and ego-driven?

Do you see Taomeow as being yourself? If so, it begs an important question: is it possible to come from an enlightened perspective and be self-hating at the same time? As someone whose interested in developing spiritually and hoping that my efforts will eradicate my own not so insubstantial self-hating tendencies, I find the question quite personally relevant. Let's suppose that Taomeow had said something offensive to you--wouldn't the kind of high spiritual attainment you speak of make someone less reactive, more able to raise above it and just let go? Or is that not how it works?

Ok, enough of that. Back to the topic--thanks for your service Taomeow and welcome back to "civilian" life.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1