SunLover

Why are there fewer women than men in search of Enlightenment and Freedom from Samsara?

I am a female and think this way though. I am neither wiccan, pagan, christian , muslim, etc.... I am Buddhist. Most females depend on males for financial stability and procreation/family therefore become more involved with the role play of the female as mother and wife. The household (as in the husband/father) is dependent on them to care for it. Now to cultivate takes a lot of time and where does the female have time for this?

Now for me- I meditate, kung fu, qi gong, tai chi, conservation of my jing is important to me since it is what keeps people young . I had a successful career and am a very confident individual and educated as well. I am financially stable on my own. I am also a mother and a wife however my husband is not like me whatsoever - he is opposite than I. So I completely understand what you men are talking about. I seek the same type of companion as I am getting deeper into my own cultivation. Its a conflict and it bothers me a great deal . I'm not young but I look damn good for my age and have men all the time around me so.... maybe its my "light" that turns them on or whatever.

But then again, females are driven by the hormones they possess and it can either drive you mental or help you. Women worry about their looks because they know that men will leave them or be open to an affair if they don't keep up -- they will get traded in for a younger model. right?

How attractive are women in their 60s ? or even 50s? vs a 30 year old? If the 30 y/o is rubbing your leg and your wife ain't around- don't tell me you would tell her to stop.

When I retire, I plan to go and become a nun somewhere... seriously.... because of you men!

The amount of 30 year old men that rub my leg is phenomenal. I've noticed a lot more men rubbing my leg than women.

• Like 2

Um IDK I'm a man and I feel that I have a lot of inner suffering going on.... so I'm not sure about this theory?

ShaolinDiva

I seek the same type of companion as I am getting deeper into my own cultivation. Its a conflict and it bothers me a great deal .

This has come up a lot and it interests me. Speaking personally, my wife is not interested at all in my practice and actually gets angry if I try to talk about. She feels baffled by it and possibly a bit threatened. the point is, I don't experience this negatively at all and I have very little need to talk about my practice with anyone. If i try they don't understand anyway so I'm content to just let it express itself in my behaviour, how I handle situations etc. if they ask I will tell but nobody never really asks.

I realise that people don't want to talk about their personal life but I am interested in why it is such a problem to some that their partner doesn't share what they do. How doe it create conflict?

But for some people it really is important that they can share their spiritual life with their partner - I'm interested in what people say. For example, it might not feel important to me now but in the future it might be very different.

It is of no account at all if we share passion for depth evolution with our partner or not. So long as they look nice and we love them and have a nice time plus sexual intercourse.

Also that they don't smell is important

yikes, yeah! Good point.

I like a partner who is clean. Not too clean, ya know, but clean enough.

Too much dirt and smells can be a problem. Possibly.

Reminded me of the song from way back,

I'm funky but I'm clean,

Do you know what I mean?

Pie guy

You are so going to meet her soon. People alays talk like this when they've given up and then BOOM!

She will look like this :

220px-Barbie_Fashion_Model.JPG

And much to your embarrassment, you'll love her with all your soul.

Laydees and gentleman your attention please.

The groom and his lovely bride will lead you all in the first waltz.

Please put your hands together to welcome onto the dance floor and congratulate

Mr. Moore Pie-Guy

And his lovely bride

Mrs Barbie Pie-Guy

• Like 1

If it's so funny then let's make it sad again

Women are about being comfortable and men are about being strong

Women by default are more spiritual and I don't think they would just find some reason to jump into all this stuff right here

More self reliant is this area, I'd say

With men this whole spiritual path doesn't have anything to do with spirituality

It is not a normal part of life like it is for women but it's a challenge for men

It's a fight like it would be against other men but this path is a fight against oneself

It's fueled by selfish desires like reaching enlightenment and stopping reincarnation

Simply, there's a lot for men to get out of it while women already have it

There are time limits and stress to put oneself under

Laydees and gentleman your attention please.

The groom and his lovely bride will lead you all in the first waltz.

Please put your hands together to welcome onto the dance floor and congratulate

Mr. Moore Pie-Guy

And his lovely bride

Mrs Barbie Pie-Guy

GMP,

I've dated her type before and it didn't work out.