SunLover

Why are there fewer women than men in search of Enlightenment and Freedom from Samsara?

what do you think is behind the 'uncontrolled'?

Well, I don't know...during times when I was over-energized from visualization or neigong, when I did specific spirit ejecting methods, when I was going through qigong psychosis (which I think had a lot to do with this phenomenon)...people would say that they saw me somewhere I wasn't at all. Like a few friends 4 hours away from where I was saw me driving my car. A girl thought she saw my twin deliver her a package as a UPS guy. In my own experience seeing these things...I thought I saw my teacher (physically) numerous times when going through qigong psychosis, but the person always looked a bit off and I never spoke to them.

I think it has to do with how when we dream, we can end up anywhere, doing almost anything. Maybe when we're dreaming that we're doing something in the real world, some people can actually see "us" doing that...and this doesn't stop when we're awake.

Just ideas for what is a completely mysterious and questionable matter.

Yes it is a bit of a mystery. It could be that your energy field was so pervasive that you were 'present' to your friends in a way that was translated into "I thought I saw you..".. ie I projected your face onto someone because i felt you in an unusual way, outside of my conscious awareness.

I dont really know what happened when you had qigong psychosis. Have you written about it on the board and I missed it?

Projecting a known one's face onto someone else....YES! That is one explanation I have for seeing my teacher everywhere. Like my mind was more malleable at the time, and could make that connection when there wasn't one.

I haven't really spoken of it too much on the board, only referenced it. It was a bad time for me! Pretty much Dec 2010 - July 2011...although I've still kind of got a screw loose. :)

I thought you might misunderstand me.

I see.. so are you saying all Buddhas who want to leave Samsara and break the cycle of rebirth and death are selfish cowards?

No, unlike you, they have unselfish motivations, and they will never give up on any sentient being, let alone give up on the entire of humanity.

Are you calling The Buddha a selfish coward for leaving his wife and kids?

lol, No. Buddah was a prince. He left them in the lap of luxury, because he needed to do what he needed to do. That is very different to walking out on people who depend on you to survive...

This is the most demonic statement I have ever come across in my life. I suggest you say that to any monk and see him shake his head in bitter disappointment.at how far humanity has devolved.

As I have just pointed out, the demons you perceive are in your own mind.

In your rush to see evil everywhere you miss the bleeding obvious.

And here in your post is the selfishness I was speaking to:

If you are able to cut off all your karmic connections with your loved ones and family because you want to evolve and transform yourself into a God and leave humanity and this world immediately, this is the bravest, coolest thing which any man can accomplish.

This is totally different to the agenda of a pure and loving monk. They Vow to reach enlightenment for the sake of all sentient beings, and they Vow not to fully enter Nirvana until every sentient being has been liberated.

That is endless amounts of tireless work for all the 'scum' and 'sluts' that you despise, and the most incredible dedication to the good that is buried within them and everyone.

​And what is worse {for you} Is that they say Enlightenment literally can not be achieved without this incredible Bodhichitta.

​That means that unless you drop your hate, and damning condemnation, and start having some compassion, and start wanting the best for everyone, and start practising tolerance and forgiveness then you will Never never never reach Enlightenment. Ever.

Ever.......

Ever.............!

• Like 3

Why are there fewer women than men in search of Enlightenment and Freedom from Samsara?

Maybe the women just walk through different path than men.

I can't help thinking if you want to get off the big wheel, you have to be neutral. Neither chasing or running away from anything. I don't know if you need to end the concept of Love because it may be the field that emanates and vibrates all, but you may have to drop 'likes', hatred and aversion from your consciousness.

The person who constantly rants about woman is probably more connected to them then a PUA fanatic.

• Like 1

In case all of you think I am starting a Misogynist troll thread , please summon the patience to hear me out and analyze my words with a critical questioning mind. I am starting this thread in response to the Normals just don't care thread and I found some posts in that thread to be particularly enlightening,

For eg, Gerard said this. Souls need to experience suffering many times before they can awaken to the Dharma and highly-refined spiritual practices. Baby and young souls have no interest in spiritual matters, they just want to enjoy being in a body. I like to apply this statement of his to my observations of human women over the last decade or so of my life

I was lucky enough to encounter women of many different countries and races. What I find in common between women of all races and from all countries is that women are more prone to loneliness than men. There is a bigger gaping hole in the emotional heart of most women than men. This is why most women are more prone to loneliness than men,

To make up for this loneliness, women tend to splurge on clothes, cosmetics, jewellery and the next hot iphone etc etc etc. It is like they want to buy all these items to make themselves more appealing and/or to fill a hole in their psyche. Almost every woman I have met suffered a huge attack to her confidence if you say that she is not as attractive as the next woman. Almost every woman I have met prides herself on her looks even if they do not say so. Ever seen how women behave when a real 10 Hot Babe enters the room? Talk about throwing daggers.

It is just that women are much more attached to the material realm than most men. Women seem to have more material desires than men. And I am not just talking about desires for money or clothes or jewellery or food. Desires for a family, for a child, for a man are as much material desires as desires for material goods.

Gerard said that most souls do not awaken to the teachings of the dharma until they have suffered enough. A few other posters have made claims in the same thread saying they can't find women of like-mined interests.

I am gonna say something right now which will piss off the feminists in this forum but I am still gonna say it anyway. Women have been suffering for the past few thousand years because their souls have chosen a life of suffering so that they would wake up to the Dharma, to Enlightenment and to Freedom of Samsara. Only pain and suffering would awaken a soul to the delusions that make up this world. Why do you think women are so deeply desired in their youth and their appeal go down the tube as they age? This is because the souls of most women chose to suffer more than men in this lifetime. How do you think you will feel when your attractiveness go down the drain as you age?

There is just a lesser number of developed souls in women than in men. Just look at the priests and monks around the world. Why are there more men who is willing to forsake everything in the world in their search for God? Why aren't there as many women as men who are willing to forsake everything in their search for God? Just ask yourself this question and meditate deeply on this subject.

I will tell you a story of a little boy who kept his hands wrenched so tightly together, his heart beating each beat with a longing, like the thump of a drum. Thump! Thump! He came to his mother, his eyes a glimmer with desire. He touched her and she recoiled. He shrank back, afraid, not knowing what he had done wrong. He spoke to her, but she would not listen, not really listen, rather she always found a flaw in what he said. But still he tried, for any boy needs the love of his mother and he was just like any boy.

He watched his mother with his father and he realized she was the same with him. She led him to love through traps, tricks, those things she made him do, belittling him and only when he felt small and worthless would she take him in her arms and say, "I love you."

So the boy sat in her lap, his heart beat thumping, savoring this moment, looking up at her, wishing it would not end, but it did. He kept thinking that it would change, not really knowing what it was, yet it never did. Over and over the boy came to her, shameful and wanting, just desiring to feel her arms wrapped around him, holding him tightly, her soft kiss upon his forehead, to smell that sweet smell of soap and shampoo. And when she did hold him in her arms, he regretted that he wanted her to hold him, for each time she showed him love he lost a bit of himself.

Now I will tell you the story of that boy, almost a man. He looks at the women around him and sees his mother, sees all the things she did not do for him, but he wanted her to do. Almost a man, he knows the darker things in life, but he cannot separate the desires he had, an innocent longing for a mother's embrace, from the longing he has for the woman he passes on the street. Each woman he sees is his mother. He is certain that there was nothing different about his mother, if that was so, does that not mean there was something different about him and even with his father?

The young man seethes with jealousy when he sees a woman and man together. He seethes when he sees a mother holding her son's hand, the happiness they share is like a knife in his mind. No, they are all the same. To want what he has had, it seems unfathomable. He sees a family as a curse, a mother as a monster, and a father as a weakling.

However, if this young man could just rub his eyes, clear away the years of sleep from his soul, perhaps he could see the world awake and real around him. He could see that what he had was a dream, not the real world. That his dream was not the dream of the waking, but the sleeping boy inside himself. Then, only then, could he awaken to find someone, not the mother that lives in his dream, but the mother he has always wanted and that mother could be the mother of his children, the mother who would love his son like he wanted to be loved. He could hold her tightly and feel what he wanted to feel, but is so afraid to feel now. Wake up child! You're dreaming! Look around you and let yourself see the beauty the world holds. This life is not the life you must live, but a life you can live. The pain within is not the pain you must hold onto, but something that can be given up. Let it go and let yourself feel the beauty this world has to offer.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

Or an avuncular cuff round the ear.

Hehehe. I thought that but then said to myself, "No, don't suggest that."

(My thought was a bitch slap aside the head.)

This is a ridiculous topic. Can we please just let this die. It's time we talked about important things, rather than stroke the egos of the mentally disturbed.

Aaron

Watch out and not cultivate sensing hands or that avuncular cuff to the ear could take their poor head off MH.

;-)

No fear. For an old man I still have pretty good control of my physical body.

Looks like the women have let it die guys. Quite some time ago.

Well, okay, I will let it die as well.

Actually, I said the only important thing I had to say very early in the thread.

I'll see y'all in another thread.