SunLover

Why are there fewer women than men in search of Enlightenment and Freedom from Samsara?

Do you guys like Awolnation?

Wait, one more thing: B!tch SLAP -

The Maya recorded time in a series of cycles, including 400-year chunks called baktuns. It's these baktuns that have led to rumors of an end-of-the-world catastrophe on Dec. 21, 2012 — on that date, a cycle of 13 baktuns will be complete. But the idea that this means the end of the world is a misconception, Stuart said. In fact, Maya experts have known for a long time that the calendar doesn't end after the 13th baktun. It simply begins a new cycle. And the calendar encompasses much larger units than the baktun.

"There were 24 units of time they actually could have incorporated into their calendar," Stuart said. "Here, we're only seeing five units and they're still really big."

In one column, the ancient scribe even worked out a cycle of time recording 17 baktuns, the researchers found. In another spot, someone etched a "ring number" into the wall. These notations were used to record time in a previous cycle, thousands of years into the past. The calendar also appears to note the cycles of Mars and Venus, the researchers said. Symbols of gods head the top of each lunar cycle, suggesting that each cycle had its own patron deity.

"There was a lot more to the Maya calendar than just 13 baktuns," Stuart said.

http://news.yahoo.com/nevermind-apocalypse-earliest-mayan-calendar-found-180438279.html

Don't be sad. Jehova's Witness have to change their apocalyspe date all the time, too.

Edited by Mokona
  • Like 1

I don't know about the end of the world but would like to share this:

When a woman gets the blues,

She hangs her heard and cries.

Whan a man gets the blues,

He grabs a train and rides.

Jimmie Rodgers.

Sunlover,

Just as a reality check, there are a small handful of people on earth who have broken out and can transcend reality at will.

One in a billion.

Cutting emotional ties to friends and family isn't going to turn you into a hsien like John Chang's teacher Liao Tsu-Tong (also known as Mr. Weird Banana)

You can't just disbelieve in reality to transcend it, it isn't that easy.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

There is much higher pressure from society, media, government, parents, siblings, family, relatives, friends, neighbors, colleagues being placed on women to get hitched and be nothing more than baby factory machines. It is as if there is this subconscious/unconscious group-think in society that if a woman is still unattached and unmarried by her 30s or 40s or if a woman has never given birth to a baby by her 30s and 40s, that means that this woman is "undesirable" and a failure as a woman because she has failed to become a mother.

This train of un-evolved thought is extremely dangerous to the average female spiritual aspirant. Women and men for that matter have a much higher destiny than being just slave workers, farm animals and baby-making factory machines.

You're doing the same thing in reverse, announcements to all that it has to be your way. Again, I believe celibacy and spirituality is a valid choice and may be right for some. But you're an outlier, it's a lonely path, no? How are the public service announcements helping, pretty sure no one changing mind to renounce the world and eschew relationships. Perhaps a journal or narrative, you can tell us how you have benefitted from this path, what advancements have you made, what are the insights and feelings of a 99.9% evolved human?

• Like 1

No, it's not. You have to die first.

At death for almost all people on earth, their yang spirit dies with them, and returns to the earth, what remains is the yin spirit, a subconcious mind with no willpower or emotion.

Just a dead husk which is eventually reincarnated back into this world or a world like it.

Death solves nothing.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Hi C.T.,

Yes, it has been a while. Different interests during different times during our life.

I think you are touching a key concept here and that is "awareness". In most cases, I think, if we are aware of our inner and external conditions there is no reason to pass judgements on them as being good/bad or any of the other dualistic separators. Yes, that thought just came to my mind - dualistic judgements are separators - we exclude much of life from our experiences based solely on subjective judgements.

Even my "useful/useless" concept can exclude things and ideas prematurely.

Separators --- aptly worded, M!

At death for almost all people on earth, their yang spirit dies with them, and returns to the earth, what remains is the yin spirit, a subconcious mind with no willpower or emotion.

Just a dead husk which is eventually reincarnated back into this world or a world like it.

Death solves nothing.

What remains is your children, friends and family. What sort of ripple will you leave in the ocean of time, peaks and troughs? Death spins the wheel, some going up and some going down, when it stops moving then all a dried up dead husk.

Death solves nothing.

Are you inferring that the subconscious mind is by nature yin?

How do you know this?

Im trying to figure out how only the subconscious mind remains after death, so your explanation could help clear up some questions.

Also, there are so many (infinite perhaps?) layers to the subconscious... which ones get to remain, i wonder?

These are genuine questions.

There is a limit to love for love can only be governed by and used with wisdom. Would you love a slut who sleeps around?

Sure man. Nothing wrong with sleeping around.

I personally find sluts who sleep around to be nothing more than disgusting public urinals.

And that is a part of yourself that you reject, and actually has nothing to do with her.

How old are you?

It is wildly apparent who is either young, or is a virgin on some of these boards. With little life experience it seems.

It is also funny to me that for spiritual seekers, how close minded some of the following people can be. As if they don't practice much at all, but then act and think like they are better than others. Better than the "normals" or whatever. And it's that same 'better than' that keeps you separate.

And they are trying to figure it out, do tons of rocket science and learning, but they have yet to sit the fuck down and practice.

And the reason I find that funny, is that the more I practice the more I notice I get along with everyone, the more I can connect with everyone, the more I'm willing to be wrong and question my ideas about the world and go find out. From there the more happy in general I am in life.

I'm done with this thread... shesh.

John

Edited by JohnC

“I mean that a typical spirit is basically like our unconscious mind. He cannot think deliberately, make decisions, or create. He is subject to whatever he has brought with him.” John was silent for a time, then caught my eye and held me with his gaze.

“For example,” he said, “your father can remember everything about you. He knows that you are his son. He remembers holding you in his arms when you were born. What he cannot remember is what it was like to love you.”

We were shocked, all of us.

“They have only yin,” he continued softly, “so what defines their continuation is simply their karma, good or bad. That is why it is so important to have yang to take with you when your time comes.”

Danaos, Kosta. The Magus of Java: Teachings of an Authentic Taoist Immortal (pp. 122-123)

The mental and emotional perspectives of the average spirit are very different from those of a human being.”

“But not your Master’s. He looked and sounded the same dead as he did alive.”

“Yes. A spirit with even a little yang energy is very different. A spirit like my Master retains all its human characteristics.”

I thought about the classic lines from the Tao Te Ching, lines that had caused so much controversy among scholars in the past: Those who retain their center endure. Those who die but continue to exist are immortal. Their meaning was clear to me at that moment. According to Taoist thought, to continue being human after death, you had to bring some of your yang energy with you. Was the “center” that the Lao Tzu referred to the dantien, which filled up with yang energy in Level One? And according to Chang Sifu, to remain completely human after death, you had to bring all your yang energy with you—that is to say, to complete Level Four. Like Liao Sifu. Like my Master.

Danaos, Kosta. The Magus of Java: Teachings of an Authentic Taoist Immortal (pp. 53)

Also See:

http://thetaobums.co..._16#entry355087

Are you inferring that the subconscious mind is by nature yin?

How do you know this?

Im trying to figure out how only the subconscious mind remains after death, so your explanation could help clear up some questions.

Also, there are so many (infinite perhaps?) layers to the subconscious... which ones get to remain, i wonder?

These are genuine questions.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

You can take this to the bank.

We are spiritual entities temporarily clothed in flesh.

When we pass we'll be reborn or not depending how the cards fall.

In between passing and being reborn we can hang around quite a while and communicate with loved ones on this side. If the fancy takes us to do so. it's not compulsory.

Each time and just before we are drawn screaming from our mother's womb, we know all and see all, the beginning, the middle and the end. then at that first breath moment, a tiny dragon touches our forehead, and we forget for a while, what once we knew. To spend a lifetime seeking to remember what it was. In between lives we pretty much remember latest set of past lives, those who finally make it off the wheel and live in the Pure Land (other names are available but it's all the one place) can recollect every single life, which makes for fantastic anecdotes and many good laughs.

no need for anyone to believe or accept the foregoing as you'll find out soon enough one way or t'other whether or not I'm right

(I am).

Carpe Diem fellow bums. Play the cards you are dealt for fun and frolic and leave the gloomy misery for our cousins the Buddhists and Xtians cos they enjoy that sorta thing.

Oh and the subconscious mind only actually exists as those two words

All we have is

Intuition

Intellect

Instinct

Intuition trumps the other two, instinct gets you laid and without intellect you'd be either a Buddhist or a Xtian.

;-)

• Like 1

H0XIt.jpg

You can take this to the bank.

we can hang around quite a while and communicate with loved ones on this side.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

“I mean that a typical spirit is basically like our unconscious mind. He cannot think deliberately, make decisions, or create. He is subject to whatever he has brought with him.” John was silent for a time, then caught my eye and held me with his gaze.

“For example,” he said, “your father can remember everything about you. He knows that you are his son. He remembers holding you in his arms when you were born. What he cannot remember is what it was like to love you.”

mmmhmm, and I can how understand how that is something a parent would want to remember and not forget. But, what about you guys? You don't want mates, children or attachments of a householder. No descendents will live on, you don't even seem to like this human existence very well. Why would you want the ability to remember what you never felt anyway and remain yourself when you're dead.

I love my family very much, and I love my friends very much.

If I could I would love to meet a woman who shares my dreams and fall in love with her.

I do not think such a woman exists on earth however.

So all this interest in fusing the yin and yang minds/spirits is about preventing reincarnation.

Stopping rebirth is the end goal.

mmmhmm, and I can how understand how that is something a parent would want to remember and not forget. But, what about you guys? You don't want mates, children or attachments of a householder. No descendents will live on, you don't even seem to like this human existence very well. Why would you want the ability to remember what you never felt anyway and remain yourself when you're dead.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

On 10/26/2012 at 12:05 PM, More_Pie_Guy said:

I love my family very much, and I love my friends very much.

If I could I would love to meet a woman who shares me dreams and fall in love with her.

I do not think such a woman exists on earth however.

So all this interest in fusing the yin and yang minds/spirits is about preventing reincarnation.

Stopping rebirth is the end goal.

Edited by zanshin

yet they do say that each of us has a doppleganger double somewhere in the world.

I'd love to meet mine, he must be a thoroughly nice chap who could possibly advance some much needed funds.

:-)

someone exactly us... somewhere else.

Not physically exactly like us.. but in some other way.

Not culturally, not to do with what they like to eat or read or even perhaps their sense of humour.

In what way could they be our doppelganger?

Split apart energy? Two sides of the same coin? A fragmented soul? a larger piece of 'being' now seperated.. inorder to learn more and then come back together, maybe.

what do you think is the true meaning/circumstance in the doppleganger concept/reality?

Tulpa...uncontrolled bilocation...spirit appearing as form.

That's a good observation.

There are many types of love.

I love my friends and family in a platonic sense.

What I am saying is that if I can't find my soulmate, someone who shares my dreams then I want to be alone.

What percentage compatibility are your friends and family then? Whatever it is, I'm thinking you can feel love for others without them being same as you. You're probably best off single since is pretty much impossible for anyone to find a partner who shares all their dreams and goals even with much less esoteric goals. A lot of parents hack up their kids with expecting the children to preset goals and dreams too. I find the differences and challenges can stimulate growth more than everyone all the same and that is part of why it is interesting to talk to people here. If I found a male version of me that would be just plain scary.