SunLover

Why are there fewer women than men in search of Enlightenment and Freedom from Samsara?

Trying to escape suffering is one of the principal main causes of suffering. So the wisdom of trying to escape the suffering of samsara is questionable.

Escaping from suffering by asking the gods for help is stupid, I agree. If you are a drug addict and suffering from drug addictions and then start to ask the gods for help in removing the pain of drug addictions, then it is your fault for being stupid enough to be addicted in the first place.

If you are a wise man who knows the danger of drug addictions and seek every possible means to escape the painful effects of drug addictions by not being addicted in the first place, then you would be a wise man for being wise enough to use every and all possible means to avoid drug addiction including the avoidance of drugs at all cost.

Sunlover

Woman Hater

Thread Baiter

Devil maker

Black Heart

Talks of Virtue

Spits poisonous darts

Confused so abuses

Those with good intent

I was told by some recently that True Courage are possessed by those who decide to do the right, noble thing even though the whole world would call this right, noble thing "evil".

The only woman I can ever accept in my life from now is a woman from the 5th and Higher Dimensions who is wiling to teach me how to break free of samsara and destroy the cycle of rebirth and death in the fastest, easiest way possible.

In essence, the only woman I can ever have even the slightest possibility of even accepting in my life again is the woman who can teach me how to turn my body into a rainbow body of light in the easiest quickest manner possible.

Otherwise, I can never ever accept a human woman from this world in my life ever again.

Edited by SunLover

Well look on the bright side SunLover.

A smile is a frown turned upside down so turn those lemons into lemonade and you could just get lucky.

I guarantee that if you meet someone who is right for you and vice versa the first thing to go will be these hurt and angry posts of yours on here.

Happy is a positive choice old chum.

Do give it a try.

:-)

Edited by GrandmasterP

I want to mention something without giving any detail but I think it is important.

This is from Comcast New:

Republican Mitt Romney is standing behind Indiana Senate hopeful Richard Mourdock as President Barack Obama's campaign keeps up criticism of Romney's ties to a candidate who said pregnancies that result from rape are "something God intended."

Now, understand, there is a cure for ignorance; that being knowledge. However, stupid is a disease of the mind and is rarely curable.

I am now speechless.

I was told by some recently that True Courage are possessed by those who decide to do the right, noble thing even though the whole world would call this right, noble thing "evil".

Courage? Nobility? ... by what standard? by what definition? by yours?

Your "truth" is borrowed nonsense that has your mind, body and spirit in a bind.

... why not water fast for a week?

purify your body, sit in nature, bask in the sun...breathe the perfume of flowers... watch the stars...

There is no courage in running away from the world and finding the easiest quickest manner possible to escape...

The world is actually what you are looking for... if you can't see divinity in the world... in a flower... in grass...birds... the sky... mountains and rivers... in simple acts of love and compassion... tenderness, creativity, you will never find it.

It is impossible to know your situation... you may be living in hell for all we know?

Humanity is in the grip of darkness... but there is beauty here still.

There is still something worth fighting for.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Brilliant post Wolfie.

To see eternity in a grain of sand, the ineffable in a single flower.

And it's all right there under our noses all the time.

Good eh?

I want to mention something without giving any detail but I think it is important.

This is from Comcast New:

Republican Mitt Romney is standing behind Indiana Senate hopeful Richard Mourdock as President Barack Obama's campaign keeps up criticism of Romney's ties to a candidate who said pregnancies that result from rape are "something God intended."

Now, understand, there is a cure for ignorance; that being knowledge. However, stupid is a disease of the mind and is rarely curable.

I am now speechless.

I'm suprised Romney has any of the female vote.

The right training perhaps is to uncover the truth in the impermanence of both beauty and ugliness, yet, in the midst of all the ebbs and flows, remain unperturbed.

Divinity can also be a gift for those who have to bloom in the muddier parts of the pool. In fact, come to think of it, some bloom better in those parts.

So why not simply love that someone instead? At the very least for the time you two are intimate.

How can I love someone who's personality repulses me?

You look deeper than their personality?

You look at what about it repulses you, which tends to be something about yourself that you don't accept that you see in her.

And if you follow the rabbit hole down, you'll find that as you love yourself more, you'll love everyone in turn.

Well if thats true , it would imply

folks who are abused, are likely,

just as abusive

as the person they complain about .

Maybe passive aggressive methodology

but its still there

So

That innocent acting chick with the brown hair

is likely emotionally tormenting the angry dude.

Why did she marry him ? Money perhaps?

Stosh

Yes, actually that is what I've seen.

That the woman who is emotionally abused by her father, is looking for a man to emotionally abuse her. And she emotionally abuses him in kind. And that for the cycle to break someone has to grow.

John

• Like 1

Repulsion is within us, it can be transcended.

I once shook hands with an elected politician.

Counted my fingers afterwards and it took some doing but I managed.

The whole point of being in a relationship is that you are happier with someone, than you were living alone.

I've been miserable trying to date normal women, I'd rather live alone than to date a fake plastic doll of a person.

That's just how I feel.

• Like 1

Hi sun lover

If one is sincere enough or desperate enough to want to cut off all his ties to samsara and the material world, then the billions and zillions of gods and deities out there in the universe will appear in front of you when you are meditating and teach you how to break free from samsara.

I've got a feeling that you've taken some of the mythology about the spiritual life in a one-sided way.

I'm not denying the Gods and deities, its just that you don't have to meditate to see them. Perhaps it makes it clearer if i say that most people see a small number of Gods in their lives. They are the ones we fall in love with. For some reason we can meet a person and we see them with clear spiritual vision, just to look at them is a beautiful and meaningful experience. We might marry them and in time the 'scales might fall from our eyes' but when that happens it is our spiritual vision that fails us, nothing else.

People who cultivate their spiritual vision find that they are able to love and see transcendent beauty in more and more people. This is because their spiritual vision is developing in magnitude beyond the normal person. With time you start to understand the true meaning of the word 'angel'. On the one hand we know that they are just regular people but we see so much beauty and meaning in them, even with strangers sometimes, that they appear as something divine.

All this happens while still going about our daily life. Going to work, going shopping the formerly miserable world of samsara is being transformed day by day by day.

At some point it will occur to you that each person is a potential deity. You realise that it is your own lack of faith, lack of vision that stops them from being so - it is not something defective in them.

You talk so much about the miserable state of your fellow bipeds. You seem to want to escape them through meditation. Maybe escape works for you - the way of the arhat - where the whole universe is realised within you.

All this is fine, but there is another way, and that is to stay exactly where you are and accept and work with whatever life brings you. Rather then modify your experience by running off alone to some mountain you can modify your interpretation of your experience and stay exactly here.

Both ways work. But if you could understand that whether you stay or go, sincere practice will yield exactly the same results and exactly the results that you want - then it would help you with the frantic attitude that comes across in your posts.

If you say you don't want a companion and mean it then it is your choice. But if you think you do, it is perfectly possible to meet a true angel right on your doorstep - you just have to understand how.

Edited by Nikolai1
  • Like 3

The right training perhaps is to uncover the truth in the impermanence of both beauty and ugliness, ...

And when we no longer find the need to judge anything as beautiful or ugly we will have either escaped dualisic thinking or have lost our mind.

Funny that. C.T., I think we should look at it the way you presented above. And even then, both beauty and ugly are subjective so they aren't even "truths".

stosh, about the person shouting into a tin can to someone sitting behind him an inch away. many projections are possible onto this image, of course. how about considering that is a depiction of a) our culture and a) the insides of our heads.

And when we no longer find the need to judge anything as beautiful or ugly we will have either escaped dualisic thinking or have lost our mind.

Funny that. C.T., I think we should look at it the way you presented above. And even then, both beauty and ugly are subjective so they aren't even "truths".

long skirts and one piece swimsuits.... phwoar!

Then I guess you and I will never in the same world or even the same dimension again after this life-time, much less the chance for us to ever be mates.

As soon as I know what type of woman you are, I wouldn't even bother talking to you, Just straight out of the door, into my car, and drive away as far as possible from you.

Take good care of yourself dear, from my heart.

Where in the country do you live? Are there no 'alternative' minded women in your neck of the woods?

rainbowvein,

Sure tons, that's not what I am looking for though. I am looking for somewho who shares my goals and dreams, so that we can combine our efforts to work towards them.

If I can't find someone like that I'd rather live alone.