SunLover

Why are there fewer women than men in search of Enlightenment and Freedom from Samsara?

hahaha good post :P

like the fact that men have literally abused, plundered and downlooked women for thousands of years has no effect on anything, it was actually the women who wanted it, their fault right? :P

It was actually the souls of the women who wanted suffering. The egos of women want to escape all forms of suffering because the egos do not want the women to wake up to the nature of samsara.

lol tulku why do you post this shit about freedom from samsara, get a life, do what you enjoy, love someone come back in a year.

peace out homay

I do not want to get a life. What is getting a life? Getting a good job, dating the dream woman, driving the fast car, living in the penthouse, dining in the fancy restaurants.. You call this a life? While your spiritual senses and ability to interact with the higher dimensions are dumbed down and blinded by the demons and devils in this world?

What do I enjoy now? The only thing which I will enjoy is cutting myself off from Samsara and Humanity for good. Love someone? I can't love any other human being anymore because I know how deluded most human beings are with their material attachments and desires. There is no way simply no way I can love any human woman now. My heart is gone.

Men are outnumbered about ten to one by women in our neck of the woods and that's always been the case. If you visit the temples it's the same far more women than men doing stuff. It's only online where you find mostly chaps posting and IMO quite a lot of those chaps are solo practitioners either because there's no centre nearby for them to attend or they prefer posting online and working on their own.

Grandmaster, this is a great post from you and please let relate another story regarding women in temples/churches.

Yes, there are more women helping out in temples and churches. But it is never because women are spiritual. I am to say the sad honest truth now. You find more women in temples and churches not because they are pious but because they want the Gods to help them with their suffering.

I have been to many asian temples in many asian countries all over asia and one thing I have always seen is lots of old woman praying to the Gods for help with their children, husband, health, money, etc. And you know, these old women and lots of middle-aged and young women praying for love and a good marriage as well, they are so sincere and pious in asking the Gods for help in removing their suffering.

Little did the women know that it is the souls of the women who chose these lifepaths of suffering so that they will wake up from being chained to the cycle of material desires and attachments for so many lifetimes. I really pity women nowadays but there is no way I can help them. Women have to experience enough pain and suffering that they will wake up from Samsara on their own.

It was actually the souls of the women who wanted suffering. The egos of women want to escape all forms of suffering because the egos do not want the women to wake up to the nature of samsara.

As a woman and having a lot of spiritual female friends I will say that : Women feel connection with life through doing normal daily things like having family or being creative,working etc. with the heart - attidude of love and letting life be. Women dont want to escape samsara becouse escaping samsara is boring ,dry game and souless tune - life is manifesting and taking different shape constantly that is all. That is OK - no need to escape. Where to escape anyway?

She does not feel she needs to sit on top of the mountain in isolation and meditating (although I and some other women do love doing it) and achieve . You see all these notions that one needs to undertake some rigorous cultivations and have understanding of obscure religious texts and meditate 20 hours a day is not necessary a parameter for depth of being. Nor is spirituality an achivment or a destination .

More feminine way would be to relax soooooooooo much and just let be. Whereas more masculine would be to do stuff.

Each are as good depending on ones own natural tendencies regrdless of gender.

• Like 2

Just back from visiting a Tai Chi teacher. Twelve in the class. One man all the rest women plus me a male visitor. Rare as hen's teeth are men in social cultivation situations.

Same with mediumship very few men working platforms never have been many. On the other hand in professional stage (theatre) mediumship the numbers are skewed as there are probably as many men as women doing that.

Grandmaster, I understand now why you seem to understand me better than others. Yes, I have been to many mediums as well throughout asia and trust me, I know the medium "industry" as well as anyone on this board. If you can understand chinese, send me a PM and I will send you a few youtube links which started me off on the search for spiritual truth.

Anyway back to the topic. Have you ever talked to these women working in the temples and mediumship platforms and asked them what their life is like? Most if not all of these women are working in the temples and mediumship platforms because they are really praying for the Gods inhabiting these mediums to help them with the suffering.

And I have seen some of these helpers abused by a few of the less evolved gods possessing these mediums. Not physically of course but verbally. But you don't understand some of the psychological pressures which some these helpers have. Some of the less evolved "gods" have really bad tempers and one has to wonder how enlightened these bad-tempered "gods" are.

Of course most mediums are good people but there are a few fcukers out there. Male and female.

I guess I am not the only one who makes the observation that more men are looking for freedom than women.

Trying to escape suffering is one of the principal main causes of suffering. So the wisdom of trying to escape the suffering of samsara is questionable.

• Like 1

I post on here and on Dharma Wheel (a big Buddhist site). Women posters seem to be few and far between on either.

Par for the course I suppose. Men talk about it whereas women get on and 'do' it and save their chat for their chums when they meet up at temple or centre.

I do think anyone ONLY posting is missing out on the opportunities for growth and learning that come via being part of a real world group of like minded chums.

I know what you are talking about. I have been to these centres and temples TOO many times so I know the culture like the back of my hand. The women at these centres and temples only hope to get merit from helping out as volunteers and do not really wish to evolve themselves by meditating on the nature of samsara and why they are really suffering.

In other words, these women helpers are trying to run away from the lessons which their suffering might teach them.

Trying to escape suffering is one of the principal main causes of suffering. So the wisdom of trying to escape the suffering of samsara is questionable.

Yes true , this is why I said in one of the posts that our own ideals are or can easily become predators of our psyche.

I believe that you attract into your life those that you are like.

Personally I know tons of women on the spiritual path...

John

But are women and men for that matter on the spiritual path because they wanna remove themselves from samsara or are they on the spiritual path because they want more wealth, health, better relationships, etc? There are a lot of people in this world who are into spirituality because they want to use their spiritual powers to get more money, better relationships, better health, etc.

And I can understand why people will want to get more in order to ease their suffering. But the ultimate goal of our existence is to evolve above our current state of existence and the purpose of our suffering is meant to teach us that we live in a world of delusion maya and we should wake up. What's the use of running away from your suffering when you refuse to learn the lessons which your suffering is trying to teach you?

As a woman and having a lot of spiritual female friends I will say that : Women feel connection with life through doing normal daily things like having family or being creative,working etc. with the heart - attidude of love and letting life be. Women dont want to escape samsara becouse escaping samsara is boring ,dry game and souless tune - life is manifesting and taking different shape constantly that is all. That is OK - no need to escape. Where to escape anyway?

She does not feel she needs to sit on top of the mountain in isolation and meditating (although I and some other women do love doing it) and achieve . You see all these notions that one needs to undertake some rigorous cultivations and have understanding of obscure religious texts and meditate 20 hours a day is not necessary a parameter for depth of being. Nor is spirituality an achivment or a destination .

More feminine way would be to relax soooooooooo much and just let be. Whereas more masculine would be to do stuff.

Wonderful :)

The fact that there are more men on the forums goes with what I was saying before. Spirituality is seen by many men as a thought based activity - jnana yoga its been called for millenia - and discussion forums are good places for this kind of practice. To develop and share ideas, and crucially, to be sceptical about the thoughts of others is a sure-fire path to realisation.

Our genders are ultimately part of our egos and there comes a point where we start to outgrow both of these categories. men might find that they are doing things surrounded by women, and vice versa. To me this is indicative of realisation, provided of course that the person is equally comfortable in the activities of their own gender.

I think that this kind of discussion can be a bit sensitive to many. The spiritually interested man might find that they are not conforming to the kind of ideal that women stereotypically go for - the rich powerful stud - and this makes them fell undesirable. They may also find themselves repelled by what seems like materialism in even the more spiritually minded women. All this and they still find themselves strongly attracted to the opposite sex and desperately wanting their company.

I don't know what people think but speaking personally the more I've practiced the more powerful and pure has been my feeling of attraction towards women. Perhaps fortunately its not reciprocated! As long as it can be contained it feels amazing, sometimes it seems like all women are goddesses!

Nikolai, another powerful post. Thank you for replying.

To those men who find that they are unable to attract a mate of similar interests, let me reveal another story.

I was once a PUA who picked up girls off the streets. I wasn't particularly rich so I had to rely on my charm. Wasn't too successful like those gurus out there but didn't fare too badly either. Yeah I played the dating games, seduced and screwed. But all along, I had to pretend to be another person. I had to pretend to be one of those guys who are after marriage, career, kids and all other "normal" material things in life.

And I wasn't happy. I seriously wasn't happy pretending to be someone I was not. I wasn't interested in marriage, kids or even a well-paying corporate career. I wasn't even really interested in the sex itself. Yeah there is the physical addiction and all that but after the sexual act was done, I felt really drained and empty. And no it is not because I was fcuking the wrong woman or that shit. I fcuked some pretty hot babes and I still feel empty.

I felt as though I wasn't meant to live in this world doing all these mundane things. I mean I was doing all these PUA shit because it made me part of society. Society has devolved to the point that people looked at you with weird eyes if you aren't married, have a career, kids, home by your mid-thirties, So I was like in a race against time to find the perfect woman.

Problem, I didn't find her and maybe she has never existed in the first place. I mean which woman you know ever talked about leaving samsara and all material desires and attachments behind? Which woman do you know realizes that being a mother and wife, the "duty" of all women everywhere, is the exact same thing which is preventing women from breaking free out of the samsara of rebirth and death?

How do you expect a bird to break out of his cage and be free if the same bird refuses to step out of the cage?

My message to all spiritual men out there who can't find a mate is this. Don't bother looking. You will never find a woman who is looking to break free from the samsara of rebirth and death and if you do find a woman who is looking to break free from samsara, then what the hell is she doing by getting involved in a relationship with you? It is a catch 22 situation, you see?

All spiritual men have to make peace with themselves and realize that it is not the spiritual men themselves who are undesirable or left on the shelves when women decide to forego the spiritual men in search of rich powerful men. Because it is the exact materialistic nature of women to search for and get married to rich powerful men as such men can easily provide for such women and their material desires/attachments! But you mustn't forget both women and rich powerful men need each other to fulfill each other's material desires and this is exactly Samsara in action at its best!

So it is not that spiritual men are undesirable. It is that spiritual men in search of enlightenment and freedom from samsara do not belong to this world and this world, humanity and especially human women are not fit enough to be mates to spiritual men. All women in this world are too attached to the material which will bring about the downfall of spiritual men if such spiritual men are foolish enough to let these material women bind them in another round of birth and death.

I agree with you that women are much more drawn to religion and belief, but those things aren't necessarily good if your goal is ending rebirth. There is no buddhist practice you can study to end rebirth, if there is it's kept secret.

There are maybe a handful of schools like Mo Pai, and even if you had access to the right teachings you'd need to be rich so you could spend 50 years 10 hours each day or more focusing on training and nothing else.

One in a billion might make it out of the cycle of rebirth each generation, and that is being optimistic.

The rest of the people attending a 5 day vipassana retreat are just fooling themselves.

Even enlightenment in the Buddhist sense as I understand it has no power to stop rebirth, it's just the realization of nonexistence of self, the experience will continue past death into a new experience.

Achieving that realization during this lifetime does nothing to prevent future lives.

Then pie guy, i think you have not been searching hard enough or meditating deep enough, If one is sincere enough or desperate enough to want to cut off all his ties to samsara and the material world, then the billions and zillions of gods and deities out there in the universe will appear in front of you when you are meditating and teach you how to break free from samsara.

There is no use searching outwards when you don't search inwards. The master is inside you. All you need to do is to meditate deep and hard enough and you don't even need to be rich, Plenty of monasteries in asia for you to become a monk.

You have to achieve the right realization during this lifetime to prevent future lives. I suggest you search further.

I've searched the spiritual communities for a companion for a long time, most "spiritual" women I've met are into reiki, wicca, paganism, vipassana and various other newage practices and beliefs.

I've never in my life met or even heard of a female that feels strongly about never being reborn again.

I've never heard of one that says, THIS IS BS, I didn't ask to be here, and I sure as **** don't want to go through another round of this BS.

That's just not really a feminine trait, and I've never met a female who thinks like that.

Mostly it's newage, pagan, slightly buddhist maybe kinda hodge podge of stuff.

Not that guys are any better mind you, I've only met 2 or 3 serious male seekers in my life as well.

I think tulku is right here in this case, but not by much. It's just that there are virtually no women at all that care about ending rebirth, and very very very very very very very few men that care about it.

In our modern society we have TV, movies, Netflix, video games, sex, work, lots of wonderful cuisine and exquisite wines.

This world is filled with endless wonderful distractions!

Our goal is to have more wonderful distractions, less thinking about death and rebirth.

Yes you are right in all accounts. Very few men and practically no women I know are interested in ending rebirth. Most just go into spirituality because they want powers to get a better man or become more beautiful and all that material shit.

This is why the media industry is so evil. They are literally brainwashing the masses away from enlightenment. Why do you think the media industry is so focused on making love movies? Because they want to brainwash men and especially women into the trap of looking for the ever elusive "happiness" of finding the right one.

But the "happiness" of finding the right one is right inside us! When you find God inside you, you will realize that no man or woman will ever give you the same amount of happiness again.

Many a pretender

afraid to surrender

to their divine splendor

Fiery chariots crimson gold

Oh what it is to behold

The...

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Hi Pie guy,

[/font][/color]

They might not think like that but it doesn't matter because you do and you can bring that to the relationship. There is no need to find someone who thinks identically to us, you might be better off finding a woman whose spiritual path is different to yours. You might not meet her in so-called 'spiritual' communities but you might find here teaching the local kids or caring for people in the local hospital. She might know jack-shit about taoism but the fact is that so much of what gets called spiritual is not really spiritual, and so much of what gets called secular might actually be spiritual.

The most important thing is not that she shares your path but that she is open to it and respects it. If you are a good well-rounded person and your practice is bearing fruit she will not be able to stop herself from listening when you tell her about taoist or buddhist thought. The stuff you probably excel in is very very hard to understand, and your overall aim, of ending rebirth, is so marvelous and inspiring, how can people ignore it? Reading the Tao Te Ching is for most people a mortifying and chastening experience. They've heard it's this really famous and ancient book - they really want to like it - but then they read a few pages and they don't understand a word. You would do well to share it and make it understandable.

If we want the opposite sex to be just like us we are in for a bad time. And we've all had the experience...we meet an amazing woman who is just like us, shares all our interests, we can talk to them easily...and we don't want to take them to bed. There's a deep wisdom in our bodies.

I think that we need to get something straight.

If you are a spiritual man seeking to end samsara and the cycle of rebirth and death, then don't get yourself in a relationship. Don't get yourself in further karmic shit by binding your soul to another idiot's soul.

If however you are a spiritual man seeking to enjoy the material benefits which spirituality brings you, by all means continue looking for a woman. It all depends on what you want.

Me, I don't care about anything in this world.. no I don't care about this world anymore.. I just want to leave this world asap and never be reborn again as part of this stupid human race again for eternity.. because humanity is too attached to the material to see the truth of this universe.

This is just an observation but it is based on 60years worth of obervations in and around the movement called spiritualist.

Women in general are far more spiritually inlined than men. More empathic,far more patient and have more stickability.

Men tend to dip in and out of things. Take up a class or a cultivation,learn the words,buy the kit and then drop it and move on to a new hobby. Women in the main stick with it whereas a lot of men want results NOW and don' persevere if there' long term application needed. I am not putting men down in any way this is jus what I have observed. I do know that all the MBS mags aim at and are read by women also that the new age fancy is a lucrative industry as is religion in general and not necessarily the worse for it. Mo Pai is as much a part of it as is Feng Shui or Yoga. They are pastimes people choose to spend moey on,as is their right. No matter how we choose to cultivate we shall all die eventually. Some will be reborn others will escape the wheel. It' all onwardsand upwards either way and any path cultivated diligently is as good but no better than any other for ensuring eventual success. Surprising who you meet from the Pure Land there are even Xtians over there alongside the rest.

Then why are there much more monks in this world than nuns if women in general are far more spiritually inclined than men?

There is a difference between being spiritually interested because you want to use spiritual powers to gain material benefits and being spiritually interested because you want to stop all your rebirth in future lifetimes.

I can sympathize with MPG. I can see how having a relationship with a woman who has no interest in cultivation could be completely uninteresting to him.

GrandmasterP...I understand your experience far outweighs my own, but it seems somewhat naive to assert that there truly is "someone for everyone." I personally do not believe that holds as a rule of life.

The simple fact is that not everyone finds someone. Some people do spend their entire lives single. I'm too young to apply full certainty to the statement, but I consider it probable that I will not find a suitable companion this time around. I view this as a gift in many ways - less chance I'll get distracted from my goal of being content and at peace regardless of external circumstances. A relationship might become a crutch and prevent me from learning to be content and at peace in the midst of loneliness.

Not everyone is destined to be with someone.

When a man isn't interested in sex or women anymore and you know he is not gay, then no matter how beautiful a woman is, he would not be interested in her for all women age and become old ugly shriveled wretches in the end.

Then I guess you and I will never in the same world or even the same dimension again after this life-time, much less the chance for us to ever be mates.

As soon as I know what type of woman you are, I wouldn't even bother talking to you, Just straight out of the door, into my car, and drive away as far as possible from you.