SunLover

Why are there fewer women than men in search of Enlightenment and Freedom from Samsara?

I think what happens is that you find yourself able to relate to people who you would never have been able to in the past. Spiritual practice makes us more open, less exclusive, and more tolerant of difference.

It also makes you realise that what the majority of people are looking for from their personal relationships is a form of madness, as most look to their partners to make them happy, secure and content, then get angry or disappointed when the other person doesn't fulfil the expectations or the play the role they are meant to play in this drama. Spiritual practice should make you turn inwards to find what you are looking for rather than continue in the insane practice of looking to others to provide what they can't possibly provide.

Hi grandmaster

This is just an observation but it is based on 60years worth of obervations in and around the movement called spiritualist.

Women in general are far more spiritually inlined than men.

But this is also because there are many spiritually discerning gentlemen who wouldn't touch your 'spiritualist movements' with a bargepole, and for very good reason.

I think you are a man who is following a predominantly feminine path, as evidenced by the larger numbers, greater perseverance and higher success of the women involved. Other men, who are following a more male path are finding that the women lack understanding of their path, are trapped in earthly concerns, aren't really serious etc as per OP.

All people are spiritual seekers. To be human is to be a seeker. All this talk about men being more spiritual than women is an illusion caused by their own prejudices. All we have to do is recognise the many paths to realisation - as many paths as there are people ultimately. It's just that women on average and men on average start from opposite poles. Earth/heaven, woman/man, yin/yang. Ultimately all this stuff is harmonised and thus transcended.

Nikolai1,

I am not a spiritual person.

I don't like being associated with spiritual practices.

What I practice isn't about becoming a better person, or saving the planet, or realizing the truth of enlightenment.

None of those things could possibly help me in what it is that I want to achieve before I die.

A relationship in which we do not both share the same end goal serves only as a distraction.

Hi Pie guy

I think what happens is that you find yourself able to relate to people who you would never have been able to in the past. Spiritual practice makes us more open, less exclusive, and more tolerant of difference. Just because it has failed in the past doesn't mean it will fail next time. There is the phenomenon of dating agency matching where two people look perfect on paper, which might succeed for a while, but there's no creative tension - it's pleasant and there's no pain.

I think you have to check with yourself and make sure that your spiritual seeking hasn't become part of your identity, like a persona. The time you look at yourself and realise what bullshit the spiritual search is is the time you will meet your soul mate. She's so unlike you...but the sex is earth moving.

• Like 1

What if we look at this "reborn" / "rebirth" thing a different way?

"enlightenment" /

What if one had the ability to remember?

If I move into the "next life" with full awareness of my previous life.... would that count as being deathless?

Now I imagine all the acquired knowledge of lifes would end much suffering.... imagine being able to go back to your youth with the knowldge / experience you possess now?

Now imagine being able to have 100 lifetimes and all that knowledge..... 0_0

• Like 1

But this is also because there are many spiritually discerning gentlemen who wouldn't touch your 'spiritualist movements' with a bargepole, and for very good reason.

I agree 100%.

It also makes you realise that what the majority of people are looking for from their personal relationships is a form of madness, as most look to their partners to make them happy, secure and content, then get angry or disappointed when the other person doesn't fulfil the expectations or the play the role they are meant to play in this drama. Spiritual practice should make you turn inwards to find what you are looking for rather than continue in the insane practice of looking to others to provide what they can't possibly provide.

Jetsun,

I'd like someone who shares my goals and dreams as a companion. Just a person to talk to sometimes who understands you.

If I can't have that I would rather be alone, because being in a relationship otherwise is just a financial, and emotional burden I don't wish to bear.

GrandmasterP,

I am no longer looking, I've given up the search. If she exists shes one in a billion, and I don't have time to sift through the rest to find her.

I'd rather just focus on my own path than worrying about it.

Just as sure as you can see a silver car covered in leaves out your window. As certain as you go to bed and sleep then awake between two and three am before settling back down......you just watch and see where before that cherry tree along the way comes into blossom again that you will have met the right one for you More Pie Guy.

And if you don't make up your mind about the big change needed, AND ACT; then nobody is going to do it for you.

Happines will come but you need to allow it.

;-)

WWROA,

None of us ever really die, the experience will continue forever.

However I am seeking continuity between lifetimes like you suggest.

Instead of on/off/on/off/on/off I seek to be either always on or always off.

I don't want to wake up with complete amnesia as a child and start over, only to forget it all and start again, and again.

What if we look at this "reborn" / "rebirth" thing a different way?

"enlightenment" /

What if one had the ability to remember?

If I move into the "next life" with full awareness of my previous life.... would that count as being deathless?

Now I imagine all the acquired knowledge of lifes would end much suffering.... imagine being able to go back to your youth with the knowldge / experience you possess now?

Now imagine being able to have 100 lifetimes and all that knowledge..... 0_0

Pie guy

I'd rather just focus on my own path than worrying about it.

You are so going to meet her soon. People alays talk like this when they've given up and then BOOM!

She will look like this :

220px-Barbie_Fashion_Model.JPG

And much to your embarrassment, you'll love her with all your soul.

• Like 2

Pie guy

You are so going to meet her soon. People alays talk like this when they've given up and then BOOM!

She has such lovely shiny hair.

• Like 1

All the women I've dated have felt like soulless empty dolls, no interest in dating more of them.

I'd rather just be alone.

Pie guy

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Yeah, but that was forty years ago.

shiny shiny, shiny locks of hair

plastic girl child in the dark

comes in a box, your servant wont ever wake you

laugh dear dolly and cure his heart

I remember going to lots of groups where there were a lot of women. Some of the women were there as well as some of the men. I have been to groups where there were men. Generally the men are interested in what is going on and so also are the women, although I have noticed the men have larger feet than the women.

• Like 1

Good that you picked up on that.

I've got the perception of a hawk........the ability to notice men and women being present just cant escape me. Its a gift I have.

Prolly from God.

Women always notice the size of men's feet

this is a radical generalisation. I know women who dont notice mens feet.

I generally have a bit of a look. Nobody can stop me. It's a free country.

They say they don't notice but they're lying. but you're right no-one can stop you and I'm not even sure that it should be stopped

• Like 1

WWROA,

None of us ever really die, the experience will continue forever.

However I am seeking continuity between lifetimes like you suggest.

Instead of on/off/on/off/on/off I seek to be either always on or always off.

I don't want to wake up with complete amnesia as a child and start over, only to forget it all and start again, and again.

True that - myself too ^_^

They say they don't notice but they're lying. but you're right no-one can stop you and I'm not even sure that it should be stopped

Some women do lie about mens feet, its true, but this is generally when foot based sexual favours are asked for, from men who have yellow hardened skin gnarly toe nail cheese feet.

Otherwise no, I can state categorically that women never lie about mens feet. it's a fact we all have to accept.

I've searched the spiritual communities for a companion for a long time, most "spiritual" women I've met are into reiki, wicca, paganism, vipassana and various other newage practices and beliefs.

I've never in my life met or even heard of a female that feels strongly about never being reborn again.

I've never heard of one that says, THIS IS BS, I didn't ask to be here, and I sure as **** don't want to go through another round of this BS.

That's just not really a feminine trait, and I've never met a female who thinks like that.

Mostly it's newage, pagan, slightly buddhist maybe kinda hodge podge of stuff.

Not that guys are any better mind you, I've only met 2 or 3 serious male seekers in my life as well.

I am a female and think this way though. I am neither wiccan, pagan, christian , muslim, etc.... I am Buddhist. Most females depend on males for financial stability and procreation/family therefore become more involved with the role play of the female as mother and wife. The household (as in the husband/father) is dependent on them to care for it. Now to cultivate takes a lot of time and where does the female have time for this?

Now for me- I meditate, kung fu, qi gong, tai chi, conservation of my jing is important to me since it is what keeps people young . I had a successful career and am a very confident individual and educated as well. I am financially stable on my own. I am also a mother and a wife however my husband is not like me whatsoever - he is opposite than I. So I completely understand what you men are talking about. I seek the same type of companion as I am getting deeper into my own cultivation. Its a conflict and it bothers me a great deal . I'm not young but I look damn good for my age and have men all the time around me so.... maybe its my "light" that turns them on or whatever.

But then again, females are driven by the hormones they possess and it can either drive you mental or help you. Women worry about their looks because they know that men will leave them or be open to an affair if they don't keep up -- they will get traded in for a younger model. right?

How attractive are women in their 60s ? or even 50s? vs a 30 year old? If the 30 y/o is rubbing your leg and your wife ain't around- don't tell me you would tell her to stop.

When I retire, I plan to go and become a nun somewhere... seriously.... because of you men!

• Like 2

At Yoga courses and a Tibetan Buddhist center there were more women than men. When it comes to alchemy courses/workshops however, I do notice more men than women.

At Yoga courses and a Tibetan Buddhist center there were more women than men. When it comes to alchemy courses/workshops however, I do notice more men than women.

I've noticed more women at alchemy courses. It could be because they wear brighter clothes, I suppose.

• Like 1