Taomeow

What are you watching on Youtube?

very interesting indeed!

I've been into vibrational theory since I first got a taste for it some years ago, reading case studies of the application of tonal vibration and coherent light in medical situations. That led to Solfeggio Harmonics and Cymatics.

On a personal note, the easiest way to notice this in myself is my ability to affect an emotional storm by using music.

The universe as I experience it, is vibratory. Much like two tuning forks resonating sympathetically. If one is struck in a room, the other will vibrate sympathetically without being struck.

I know my mother used to dislike going to church, even though she was a hard core evangelical. When I left the church, she stopped going for a long while and I asked her why. She responded, " Well since I don't have to take you anymore I don't go because I don't like to cry in front of others... and the music... I just can't stop the tears. It's like the flood gates open and I have no control."

Guess the Beach Boys had it right all along :)

I use Solfeggio Harmonics daily and music is a big portion of my cultivation practice.

Also body tapping, thumping and shaking, all with lots of relaxed vocalization. This all started instinctively and then later, when exposed to a teacher, I found out they were well established traditions that have very practical applications for affecting consciousness and emotional states.

Nice post. Cheers mate!

• Like 1

My favorite cartoon series hands down.

The core message of Aang's personality type.

The journey that Zuko arrives at in mind and spirit.

The teachings on breath and emotions/mind state.

The treatment of violence.

Top notch!

Indeed. Some deep stuff. Any Buddhist or Jain monk could appreciate the discussion and internal conflict of Aang needing to kill the fire lord. I've yet to see the last season the legend of Korra though, is it as good?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WgizUYdnuyQ

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

Indeed. Some deep stuff. Any Buddhist or Jain monk could appreciate the discussion and internal conflict of Aang needing to kill the fire lord. I've yet to see the last season the legend of Korra though, is it as good?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WgizUYdnuyQ

My 2 cents, Peace

I couldn't get into Korra.

The change in atmosphere and the intense nature of the conflict with the 'resistance' just put me off.

I'm sure I'll give it a shot someday.

Thought this was sweet. I don't look at my facebook account often, but today there were quite a bit of sad postings. This one was a nice counter.

If you ever start getting to uptight and serious about your practice, watch this video:

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1