Sign in to follow this  
adept

Japan

this has awakened me to where i am taking that proverbial look in the mirror.

how quickly everything can change.

to consider what is or isnt really neccessary.

what is or isnt important.

if i look into the mirror i would hope i could see compassion and kindness

hopefully not too much fear or grief

if i have one wish now, it is for those who lost their lives in japan

to now be in a better place.

• Like 2

Calm down,TaoBee as long they were these things was normal insane and not catastrophic.

Q

Edited by Friend

What people on the web are saying is that allegedly the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology said the earth's axis shifted 25 cm as a result of the earthquake, and the U.S. Geological Survey said the main island of Japan had shifted 2.4 metres.

If we look at the prophecies mentioned in this thread, this is only a small shift of the earth's axis. It is intimidating to think about what it wil be like when the "big" shift occurs, when the Earth is rocked on it's axis. The frigid areas will then certainly become the more semi-tropical. In fact global warming is already speeding this process along. I remember reading that Armadillos for example are migrating farther north every year due to it.

Can we or can't we have an impact on future events?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuGY6BRNLUg

The truth is this is a horrible trajedy, but it is what we will be seeing more and more than in the past. This is the time to have immense compassion and caring, bravery and determination, to turn to spirituality, but many people are going to become numb.

Edited by Immortal4life

What people on the web are saying is that allegedly the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology said the earth's axis shifted 25 cm as a result of the earthquake, and the U.S. Geological Survey said the main island of Japan had shifted 2.4 metres.

If we look at the prophecies mentioned in this thread, this is only a small shift of the earth's axis. It is intimidating to think about what it wil be like when the "big" shift occurs, when the Earth is rocked on it's axis. The frigid areas will then certainly become the more semi-tropical. In fact global warming is already speeding this process along. I remember reading that Armadillos for example are migrating farther north every year due to it.

We'd have to lose the moon or have a very substantial cosmic level impact to toss the earth remotely sufficiently off its axis-wobble. The moon's orbit helps keep the dynamic balanced; without it then the earth's orbit would tumble like Mars' does.

The rolling changes of the climate arent nearly sufficient to do such a thing.

Agree that prayer helps _/\_ namo amida butsu

The Earth shouldn't be able to easily shift it's poles or be rocked.....In theory....

Also, there is a relationship between earth changes and the shifting of the axis, but it is hard to say what is the cause and what is the effect, or whether it is all just symptoms of the underlying cause.

Edited by Immortal4life

I'd like to get back to the plate tectonics thing for a minute; and also the view that the world was an unstable place before us talking monkeys came along.

Yes, we can all agree that the world was an unstable place. But putting this in the context of the Tao philosophy, why would this not be connected to the internal workings of man?

We are all One. The Earth is all One. We are One with the Earth. Before talking monkeys came around, the One manifested through other creatures. There's just something about the consciousness that extends from one eyeball to another eyeball. The little black spot in my eye and the little black spot in a tiger's eye. When we come across an animal in the woods that has any degree of consciousness, there is immediate eye contact. Consciousness to Consciousness. They don't look at our knees, they look us in the eyes and we do the same to them.

I realize that this is such a foolish notion, and that the scientists here will guffaw. I'm just saying, once in a while it's fun to really go out on a limb and try to look at this with a really long lens. It might just be that as our manifestations churn, so does the earth. We couldn't possibly be any more unsettled than we are now.

I understand the Ring of Fire thing. But there is a wonderful challenge, as I see it, to see how this Intelligence really manifests. And both us and the Earth are certainly part of it. Perhaps a cosmic connection that will reveal itself in another cosmic setting or something.

There have been huge earthquakes throughout history, many before man started to pollute the planet. I guess the dinosaurs must have upset Gaia too which is why they got wiped out by nature, or they upset the new world order... If anything all this shows is that the universe is totally impersonal and doesn't give a damn about individuals in the grand scheme of things.

you've really got me curious now. What qualifies you to speak disparagingly of the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology, or to suspect them in any way? Do you have a background in Earth Sciences?

There have been huge earthquakes throughout history, many before man started to pollute the planet. I guess the dinosaurs must have upset Gaia too which is why they got wiped out by nature, or they upset the new world order... If anything all this shows is that the universe is totally impersonal and doesn't give a damn about individuals in the grand scheme of things.

Yep.

RESOLVE

Banish uncertainty.

Affirm strength.

Hold resolve.

Expect death.

Make your stand today. On this spot. On this day. Make your actions

count; do not falter in your determination to fulfill your destiny.

Don't follow the destiny outlined in some mystical book: Create your

own.

Your resolve to tread the path of life is your best asset. Without

it, you die. Death is unavoidable, but let it not be from loss of will

but because your time is over. As long as you can keep going, use your

imagination to cope with the travails of life. Overcome your obstacles

and realize what you envision.

You will know unexpected happiness. You will know the sorrow of

seeing what is dearest to you cut down before your eyes. Accept that.

That is the nature of human existence, and you have no time to buffer

this fact with fairy tales and illogical explanations.

Each day, your life grows shorter by twenty-four hours. The time to

make achievements becomes more precious. You must fulfill everything you

want in life and then release your will upon the moment of death. Your

life is a creation that dies when you die. Release it, give up your

individuality, and in so doing, finally merge completely with Tao.

Until that moment, create the poetry of your life with toughness and

determination.

365 Tao: Daily Meditations

Deng Ming-Dao

I am not disparaging them. I simply used the word "allegedly", because I have not looked up the information myself, and got it from the statements of people on the internet.

Of course it is true that certainly these are effects from causes started long, long ago. It also has to do with the coming Aquarian Age, and the cycles of the Universe, plate tectonics, and all those things. Of course. It is also true that natural disasters are not the only disasters that are coming. However, it is also possible that "the application of spirituality and spiritual laws" could have an effect on how severe the coming earth changes and devastation to humanity are and will be. And of course, how humanity is affected will be afffected by their own choices as well as reactions.

No one can literally stop the earth changes, but we can affect how they affect us, and possibly their severity.

Edited by Immortal4life

I am not disparaging them. I simply used the word "allegedly", because I have not looked up the information myself, and got it from the statements of people on the internet.

You held a reputable scientific body suspect and deferred to what people said on the Internet? Sorry, that's just a little too disingenuous for me. You really need to get a library card and stop acting like such a chump.

No I am not holding them suspect. I have not looked it up whether they have said what I posted.

I am only repeating what I have heard people saying. That is why I used the word allegedly, to hold the information I got by basically word of mouth suspect.

Edited by Immortal4life

I have a friend who is taking iodine to combat any possible exposure to radiation. Personally I think this is unnecessary. We both live on the East Coast USA. What do y'all think?

Just found this interview and it puts some perspective on the Fukushima power plants disaster.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

Just found this interview and it puts some perspective on the Fukushima power plants disaster.

That's about the worst news I could possibly imagine. I'm personally ready to go down with the ship; I've lived a full and interesting life. But my wife is 3 months pregnant. Tell Kate we'll be leaving LA and moving in with her.

That's about the worst news I could possibly imagine. I'm personally ready to go down with the ship; I've lived a full and interesting life. But my wife is 3 months pregnant. Tell Kate we'll be leaving LA and moving in with her.

I listened to some of Thom Hartmann's broadcast this morning and he spoke at length about the myriad problems with these reactors. I was horrified that waste is basically stored on the roof of these so called containment buildings! With all the accumulated knowledge of uranium and hazards of, one would think designers of these facilities would have a clue as to what safe design parameters are! However, the meme is still being circulated in the media that these facilities are safe. :wacko:

Edited by ralis

Yeah, that revelation was jaw dropping.

Three sentences I jotted down from your video, ralis:

I think it's important to keep a clear and cool head regarding this. The longterm ramifications are startling, but the chances of this becoming a global catastrophe are minimal and very slim. Rather than speculate, I think it's best to wait and see what happens. With that said, I feel for those people in Japan now. If anything, this is a lesson for us all. I'm wondering how many more accidents like this have to happen before we understand that nuclear power isn't a viable solution to the energy crisis.

Aaron

• Like 1

For those resonant with archetypal/shamanic work:

A Message from Sandra Ingerman regarding World Events

Our hearts expand as we embrace the enormity of all the pain being suffered by the people and all living beings in Japan who have been impacted by the earthquake and the tsunami.

When we feel that our hearts are breaking as we watch levels of suffering in actuality our hearts are expanding allowing us to be stronger and deeper channels of love and light.

Let us journey deep within ourselves transcending our egos and experience the vastness of our spiritual light and love. In this way we become beacons of light and love for all of life in Japan. Let us expand our individual aura and become one with a spiritual pulsation and frequency to transform the radiation that is moving into the atmosphere.

Move out of a place of pity for the suffering you see and focus on the strong spirit of the people, all of life, and the land itself. In this way you project strength which leads to a foundation of support for all in need.

Let us sing songs of love and healing to the earth, the waters of the world, the air, and to the element of fire. Go outside and sing!

There is an extreme level of panic that is being "blasted" into the collective over the fear of radiation moving through our atmosphere.

Of course there are precautions we all must take on a physical level. But it is also important to remember that it is our egos that are moving into panic.

It is crucial right now that you do the spiritual work you have been practicing over the years. Take the time to find your center. Go out and spend lots of time in nature to center and refocus. Breathe deeply and remember that you are spiritual light and have all the tools and internal spiritual wisdom to guide you during this time.

As a global community we do have great power as we work together spiritually. Let us project a vision of healing and peace. Project a vision of cooling for the nuclear reactors and further disaster being avoided.

Do your transfiguration practice daily and throughout the day and experience yourself as divine light. Divine light has the power to transmute and transform all energies into healing energies. For thousands of years mystics and spiritual healers throughout the world have been using this way of working to transmute toxins and illness. Let us carry on the work that has shown itself to have so much potential for healing.

We must strengthen our spiritual connections so that we can always be open to receive spiritual information when we need it.

Spend a lot of time in nature connecting with the elements and the heartbeat of the earth. Reflect on how you can live a way of life that embraces beauty, harmony, honor and respect for all of life. When we as a collective start to live a harmonious way of life we will see the elements around us reflect back a state of harmony.

Learn to read the omens that nature will continue to show to help guide you.

We must learn to honor the rite of passage and initiation that humankind is going through. We are experiencing levels of death on many levels. Death is not an end but rather is a transition.

In the bible it says that without a vision the people will perish. We are the dreamers of our world. Part of living a spiritual way of life is to be able to surrender to our deep spiritual wisdom and be the dreamers to help birth a new vision of a healthy way of life. We need to be able to hold a vision that the collective can move towards as the old is dismembered. Reflect on the vision you want to be projecting into the world right now and make changes to your vision to lead to a desired outcome. Engage your imagination in a more focused way. Project the best for all of life.

Build up your spiritual muscles!

Let us together hold the planet in love.

Remember that the media moves on after covering environmental, political, and economic events. People and all of life are still suffering the effects of the earthquake in Haiti and in New Zealand, the oil spill in the Gulf, the floods in Australia, the extreme weather in the U.S. - these are just to name a few. People in the Middle East are still fighting for freedom.

All of life needs us to be a channel of light, love, and spiritual healing. We are one collective. We are not separate cultures, separate countries. We are going through an initiation together. Let us do our work and live our lives in a good way. That is how we can be in service to the whole.

During the full moon let us transfigure and experience our divine nature as we beam light and love throughout this great earth.

During the equinox remember the wonderful memories and dreams for your life and for the life of the planet. Project beauty into the collective. Plant seeds of love and beauty and inspiration in your inner garden so that they grow, blossom, and bear fruit here in our earth garden.

Most of all be a channel of love and light in behalf of all of life!

Edited by Ulises

I just received this from a friend:

Dear Friends, Jack Blackburn here. Koito, my very close friend and partner in Tokyo sent this amazing letter out to those who were calling and writing to her after the devastating earthquake, tsunami, nuclear power explosions, and many other smaller quakes that are still continuing. Things have worsened in Japan since she wrote this letter two days ago but she has continued her messages stating how important it is to reaffirm our love for one another and our oneness with all of humanity. I am sending her letter out so you can feel and perhaps share her loving wisdom with others... so that we can put these kinds of events into perspective without panicking or catastrophizing.

Blessings,

Jack Blackburn

My dear friends,

This is the second email for some of you to let you know I'm fine in Tokyo and my family is fine in Fukushima.

Though my hometown is in Fukushima where was damaged by tsunami, my small village is more close to the Japan Sea side.

I think many of you have seen those terrible photos and videos on TV, web and in newspapers for past two days, and they are all happening in my country.

Tokyois o.k. now as we are getting normal transportation and lifelines back. Even we can feel aftershocks quite often, it's not so scary as it was yesterday.

But of course the the Pacific Sea side, north east Japan is completely attacked by earth quakes and tsunami, and we're getting more and more tragic news.

I am very, very sad and feeling so sympathetic to those who are suffering, but on the other hand, I feel much better than yesterday as we have worst but real information to have recognition what's happening actually and what we can do from now on.

I do not want you to be emotional or overwhelmed. You can help us with support and encouragement there, where you are.

I think it's very important for the people who are in safe area or other countries just stay being calm, stable and keep normal life with people around together with love and trust.

Not forgetting we are one and one is for all, it means people who are not directly involved in can give the peacefulness, gentleness, feeling of connection and deep, profound love to those who are in severe situations including the ones are passing away.

I would like to ask all of you to just bring some attention to those people in my country. Just think about their suffering and pray in a moment without becoming too sympathetic or emotional. Just pray for better, or the best for them and some situations. This is the most helpful thing for us at this point, and this is the only thing I (we, the people in normal life) ?can do for others.

And I want you to be with loving people around you, and feel and cuddle love together. That energy will be transferred to others. That feeling of appreciation will be others' feeling, too.

We don't need to listen to fear messages or no need to be involved in emotional attacks. Just we stay present and pay attention, just be with others in the moment.

Thank you very much for your reading. I do appreciate your concern and love every moment, as I can feel it that you' re with me being present.

Please take care and have beautiful time in your place each other, with laughter and smile.

with best wishes and lots of love,

Koito (Sachiko)/xoxoxo

--

Koito "Trillium" Kusunoki

Clairvoyant, Reconnective Healing

& The Reconnection Practitionrer

Oriental Dancer "Trillium"

Edited by Ulises

I listened to some of Thom Hartmann's broadcast this morning and he spoke at length about the myriad problems with these reactors. I was horrified that waste is basically stored on the roof of these so called containment buildings! With all the accumulated knowledge of uranium and hazards of, one would think designers of these facilities would have a clue as to what safe design parameters are! However, the meme is still being circulated in the media that these facilities are safe. :wacko:

Gotta love those good ol safe per GE Mark I reactors. We have a bunch of them here in US.

I was an activist against the construction of these in the 70's. Quit trying as none wished to listen. Did an analysis of one major facility in US; can't remember how many failure modes were found but it numbered in the several 100's. Design life (see how many in USA are operating past original design life), decommissioning, failure modes; IMO many reasons this is not the way to go for power. IMO distributed power systems are the best bet for our future - not centralized systems.

• Like 1

Gotta love those good ol safe per GE Mark I reactors. We have a bunch of them here in US.

I was an activist against the construction of these in the 70's. Quit trying as none wished to listen. Did an analysis of one major facility in US; can't remember how many failure modes were found but it numbered in the several 100's. Design life (see how many in USA are operating past original design life), decommissioning, failure modes; IMO many reasons this is not the way to go for power. IMO distributed power systems are the best bet for our future - not centralized systems.

This struck me "Quit trying as none wished to listen."

Is it just an idea or does this happen a lot? Not to HJ the thread here but when one's efforts in the world are met with opposition, isn't that when many turn to "spirituality"?

For Japan, the ideas said in a small quiet voice were that this event would show the world the error of nuclear and the power of nature and force a faster nature/human collaboration when it comes to energy production. I haven't identified it as wishful thinking and it won't go away.

The urges to be calm and take care of each other is the most sound advice I've heard ever. While you can feel compassion for others, taking on their pain and suffering will not help them, nor you. I know this might sound the opposite of compassionate as I think we are so often taught that to feel compassion is to feel the other's pain.

But this is IMO false.

No room for despondency either. Start imagining the future and make it a better one. I ought to add that I'm a natural pessemist so who knows where I'm getting these ideas from:-)

Right now there are numerous articles and news casts in which specific faces and names of those affected in Japan are being openly displayed. Many opportunities there to zero in healing on specific people.

Sign in to follow this