Sign in to follow this  
adept

Japan

Hard to say. The Jewish Holocaust bodycount has been repeatedly revised downward from 6-9 million to a few hundred thousand in subsequent years..

By comparison:Of course, in both cases, one must remember that wartime bodycounts are often highly speculative guesstimates and heavily-politicized. So, it's hard for anyone to ever know what the real numbers are..

Now, for the conspiracy buffs out there: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRqcxjdRzGw

Quoting Rense as a reliable source is absolutely ridiculous. The numbers of holocaust victims are well documented and besides what does this have to do with the present tragedy in Japan?

• Like 1

Earthquakes are not caused by human activity. The environment is not a perfect place without humans. Shit like this happened before and will happen again. It's just the nature of the game.

The nature of the game is that the Japanese islands are sitting on the "Pacific Ring of Fire" which is an area of great geological instability. It is obvious you know and understand this. However, some on this forum don't have a clue!

• Like 1

Vortex, that video was gnarly. Shady things going on that we don't know about for sure. We generally won't know the exact cause of the quake. Whether or not what he spoke about was directly responsible for the quake, it is still disturbing that such things can be used for manipulation through creation of disasters.

I personally feel that it would be of benefit for everyone to learn the great compassion mantra (or any prayer for that matter) and recite and dedicate for the sake of world peace and stability.

Obviously, you know nothing about geological dynamics and why such things occur i.e, plate tectonics. This has been happening for millions of years, even before humans were around.

• Like 1

Obviously, you know nothing about geological dynamics and why such things occur i.e, plate tectonics. This has been happening for millions of years, even before humans were around.

I'm with you all the way on this one, Ralis. I came in here to post an obvservation that the Japanese people are comporting themselves with absolute dignity; there doesn't seem to be any evidence of looting or shenanigans of any kind. Can you imagine how Americans would behave in similar instances?

But to come in here and read these preposterously asinine and uninformed comments about the revenge of Gaia and other so-called causal explanations makes me want to blow up the schools these posters went to.

• Like 1

I'm with you all the way on this one, Ralis. I came in here to post an obvservation that the Japanese people are comporting themselves with absolute dignity; there doesn't seem to be any evidence of looting or shenanigans of any kind. Can you imagine how Americans would behave in similar instances?

But to come in here and read these preposterously asinine and uninformed comments about the revenge of Gaia and other so-called causal explanations makes me want to blow up the schools these posters went to.

+1 (except for the blowing-up part lol )

• Like 2

Already there is political debate in the U.S. over the building of new nuclear power plants. A Dem. congressman just said we need to rethink building more plants. Sen. Mitch McConnell, who is obviously benefiting from the nuclear lobby, feels there should be no debate during a disaster of this kind. In his mind after this current disaster has passed from the memory of most gullible Americans, a green light will be given to build more nuclear plants, just as in the recent granting of 30 deep water drilling permits in the Gulf of Mexico. When will we see the day when human primates actually learn from egregious mistakes?

What most who have not taken the time to read books or search the internet, do not realize, is that nuclear power generation is a sophisticated means to boil water! :wacko:

• Like 1

Quoting Rense as a reliable source is absolutely ridiculous. The numbers of holocaust victims are well documented and besides what does this have to do with the present tragedy in Japan?

one might have thought "and for the conspiracy buffs" would have been a sufficient preface!

Lieberman is a fool that will jump on whatever bandwagon he sees is popular at the moment, more proof that some catch phrases and crookery is enough to get someone elected in connecticut. or, if you're malloy, somebody on your team in charge of elections can just short ballots and create an election crisis to help tilt the scales. :roll:

what these alarmist positions miss is that the entire problem was in the backup generator design...they fortify everything but then make a big blunder on the backup...wouldnt have had 90% of these issues if they didnt panic and switch over to backup in the first place, that was what opened the door for these issues.

http://bravenewclimate.com/2011/03/13/fukushima-simple-explanation/

Edited by joeblast

one might have thought "and for the conspiracy buffs" would have been a sufficient preface!

Lieberman is a fool that will jump on whatever bandwagon he sees is popular at the moment, more proof that some catch phrases and crookery is enough to get someone elected in connecticut. or, if you're malloy, somebody on your team in charge of elections can just short ballots and create an election crisis to help tilt the scales. :roll:

what these alarmist positions miss is that the entire problem was in the backup generator design...they fortify everything but then make a big blunder on the backup...wouldnt have had 90% of these issues if they didnt panic and switch over to backup in the first place, that was what opened the door for these issues.

http://bravenewclimate.com/2011/03/13/fukushima-simple-explanation/

Alarmists positions or not, the problem is that building nuclear power plants on fault lines leads to major problems, no matter what backup systems are constructed during the building phase. The problems that humans fail to realize are the structural differentials when comparing any two seemingly similar systems. The differentials among any number of separate systems (nuclear plants) are not absolutely quantifiable and therefor many unexpected variables will never be factored into the original design. Apply this to the Japanese nuclear plants that were overbuilt to compensate for tsunamis', earthquakes and other variables. The original engineering failed to factor in a 30ft. tsunami as opposed to a 25ft. tsunami that overwhelmed the 25ft. wall designed to prevent such an event. Further the earthquake was a 9.0 on the Richter scale which is a quake of incredible magnitude.

I have yet to see any data as to what structural damage the nuclear plants sustained.

Edited by ralis

This video is so disturbing. For this reason and many more, religion corrupts! She believes God caused the tsunami! :wacko:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UmotTE-VlY

A sick, twisted and demented person.

Times like this make me wish they (those that believe such nonsense)would all be

"raptured" away from this world. I am utterly disgusted by this video.

My "extended family" is in Japan.

Some are in Sendai.

How dare this person make such statements that what happened was a "good" thing.

And that the people of Japan somehow deserve this calamity to befall them.

This woman in the the video.... she is obviously very sick in her mind, and should be

regarded in the same manner as someone with a mental illness.

It is so unfortunate that in this world, Hate is continually shrouded by the very thin

guise of "religion".

The Japanese people deserve better then this woman's deluded belief system.

Ok hmm, maybe there is something to the conspiracy theory... :blink:

Apparently, Alex Collier predicted that the NW0 would sink part of Japan back in 1995!

He says that this is because the 1lluminati don't like them since they would never allow their citizens to get RFID-chipped.

In addition, some

. Something that NO American politician would EVER dare even openly speculate!

Is HAARP the new atom bomb?

since they are also resistant to joining their agenda.

A sick, twisted and demented person.

Times like this make me wish they (those that believe such nonsense)would all be

"raptured" away from this world. I am utterly disgusted by this video.

My "extended family" is in Japan.

Some are in Sendai.

How dare this person make such statements that what happened was a "good" thing.

And that the people of Japan somehow deserve this calamity to befall them.

This woman in the the video.... she is obviously very sick in her mind, and should be

regarded in the same manner as someone with a mental illness.

It is so unfortunate that in this world, Hate is continually shrouded by the very thin

guise of "religion".

The Japanese people deserve better then this woman's deluded belief system.

My first reaction was that she was trying to pull everyone's leg, but she has dozens of these online. And I agree that she's repugnant, and has literally "lost" her mind, insofar as she no longer possesses a capacity for independent thinking, critical thinking, skepticism, etc. This poor kid has been subjected to so much social conditioning to get her to where she is that I actually take pity on her, and save my scorn for her parents and her church brethren who are obviously more fucked up than she is. It will take her years and the equivalent of Moonie deprogramming to get her back. She actually feels justified in demonizing those who differ from her absolutism; she didn't get there on her own.

Nope, the NWO did this to her! :lol:

Alarmists positions or not, the problem is that building nuclear power plants on fault lines leads to major problems, no matter what backup systems are constructed during the building phase. The problems that humans fail to realize are the structural differentials when comparing any two seemingly similar systems. The differentials among any number of separate systems (nuclear plants) are not absolutely quantifiable and therefor many unexpected variables will never be factored into the original design. Apply this to the Japanese nuclear plants that were overbuilt to compensate for tsunamis', earthquakes and other variables. The original engineering failed to factor in a 30ft. tsunami as opposed to a 25ft. tsunami that overwhelmed the 25ft. wall designed to prevent such an event. Further the earthquake was a 9.0 on the Richter scale which is a quake of incredible magnitude.

I have yet to see any data as to what structural damage the nuclear plants sustained.

and how much did a 30 foot wall cost as opposed to the 25 foot wall? then what of the 35 foot wave? do you really think you can engineer for every conceivable issue (and still maintain any semblance of a budget whatsoever?)

if you dont have an engineer that can troubleshoot working on it, their textbook knowledge isnt going to catch all of the manifestations that are simply covered by fundamentals.

This video is so disturbing. For this reason and many more, religion corrupts! She believes God caused the tsunami! :wacko:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7UmotTE-VlY

Just been talking to guy behind a checkout desk about this video - apparently it's a piece of satire. Had me fooled!

Edited by rex

Just been talking to guy behind a checkout desk about this video - apparently it's a piece of satire. Had me fooled!

Are you certain of that?

When will we see the day when human primates actually learn from egregious mistakes?

Never - it is not a matter of learning from mistakes. It is a calculated risk of political/economic profit vs likelihood of disaster in the short term. And the short term profit nearly always outweighs the risk in the minds of those in power...

Mate, OK.

Maybe the quake was a totaly natural phenomenon.

So, in the aftermath I personally feel is that on an individual and collective level it can be of help to sincerely pray for Japan and it's people which is why I mentioned the great compassion mantra or any prayer of peace and goodwill.

• Like 1

I am not pleased.

No Mangas.

No Anime.

No Console Games.

From Japan.

REALLY?? You are not PLEASED??

Because you may not be able to get cartoons and games?

How can you be so obtuse?

Mate, OK.

Maybe the quake was a totaly natural phenomenon.

So, in the aftermath I personally feel is that on an individual and collective level it can be of help to sincerely pray for Japan and it's people which is why I mentioned the great compassion mantra or any prayer of peace and goodwill.

Maybe? It was a natural phenomenon. No one on this planet has the technology to cause tectonic plates to move!

Whether it was natural or man-made it is totally irrelevant. All Japanese people are suffering extremely as a result of this, and the whole planet will suffer as well.

Please send your prayers to the Japanese people and all those souls who have departed our earthly plane and wish them a better rebirth.

We all as humans living in these difficult moments and also the difficult times that lie ahead of us, it is a the best time to practice the six perfections:

1. The perfection of giving (dana paramita)

2. The perfection of morality (shila-paramita)

3. The perfection of patience (kshanti-paramita)

4. The perfection of energy (virya-paramita)

5. The perfection of meditation (dhyana-paramita)

6. The perfection of wisdom (prajna-paramita)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this