bindo

Gold Dragon Body Photos

I think it's unfortunate that all of the above be lumped together. I'd rather see them taken apart and given proper attention, but I realise that would be too much to ask, as usual. I also don't seem to have time to become an expert in all of them so I'm afraid I rely on people doing honest work in all of these areas :)

I also disagree with this part you wrote: "to think these have any spiritual significance in and of themselves might be stretching it a bit."

I think, well of course they have "spiritual significance"! Anything we do that implies a connection between the seen and the unseen is IMO an attempt to integrate "spirit". Is there a distinction between "spirit" and "mind"? Open for debate.

However, adopting a pre-emptive belief in any of them without doing the necessary legwork, well, that's probably pointless and leaves you open to mucho BS, I agree.

Hi Kate..

Yes, i apologise for 'lumping' it together, but in this instance i was thinking along the lines of how people in general (in these times) have a rather skewed notion of what spirituality essentially means. Too much confusion, too little authentic paths and teachers.

I am all for integration, btw. This, however, is often taken to mean mix 'n' match, and if no immediate results, discard after like a few months of practice? Lacking in patience, the pattern suggests that the average seeker will not go too far. Integration often requires a positive, persevering, patient, placid, and pliable attitude. Those who can assure themselves of inculcating these fundamental qualities as the basis of their path usually begin to experience the tip of harmonious growth in spirit and body after about 7 years (a length most teachers i have asked generally agree upon.)

Joy to you :)

Hi Bindo,

Well I personal believe anything to be possible, just about... I know I have levitated while meditating, just my arms but straight up, and then to lay back down softly on the bed... So why not someone way more advanced not to do so. Sure it could be real...

I was sure I have commented on her bindo. Sorry I looked and couldn't find it, or i would of sooner...

Melanie

Edited by goonis38

Guest paul walter

The plot thickens...

I'd say it has pretty much ossified by now :rolleyes:

I'd say it has pretty much ossified by now :rolleyes:

I can come up with a dozen plausible stories... but "plausible" and "true" are not the same. I don't know the true story of kunlun-induced invisibility. I don't understand why others who know every bit as little as I do feel strongly one way or the other -- all they know is the story of what they think is plausible, none of them know the actual story... why is it so hard to live with "I don't know?" I honestly don't know. For me it's easy. I don't believe anything or anybody as a matter of mental hygiene. I don't think anyone tells anyone any truths about anything anyway, just because no one can know any truths upon having been born into a world that is fake to the bone.

We are born into artificial light and artificial air, artificial substances are immediately injected into our bloodstream, artificial foods fill our stomachs and start building our body cells and our brains, artificial leaders tell us what to do with our artificial lives... so artificial brains can produce plausible stories but they can't possibly know the true story, they are not made of the right stuff for that, even on the cellular level, let alone the spiritual level.

Which is why I try to make sure I never confuse "it's plausible" with "I know." I only know things I consciously do and feel and live (key word "consciously") -- they are the only truths that overlap completely with what I "believe" them to be.

Richard Feynman the Nobel prize physicist simplified his life by deciding once and for all that when dining out with friends or colleagues (which happened frequently) he would never wrack his brains trying to decide 1) whether to order the dessert or skip it, and 2) if ordering it was chosen, which item on the menu to prefer. He decided that once and for all he would eliminate this recurrent problem from his life by making and following an ironclad rule for himself: he will always order the dessert, and he will always order chocolate cake. Period. No more waste of decision-making powers on a repetitive non-vital decision.

So, I did something similar with my life. Instead of wracking my brains every time over who's telling the truth and who's lying, I go with Dr. House's mantra: "everybody lies." When this is out of the way, the rest is easy. I investigate with any and all means at my disposal except for taking someone's word for it.:lol:

Guest paul walter

I can come up with a dozen plausible stories... but "plausible" and "true" are not the same. I don't know the true story of kunlun-induced invisibility. I don't understand why others who know every bit as little as I do feel strongly one way or the other -- all they know is the story of what they think is plausible, none of them know the actual story... why is it so hard to live with "I don't know?" I honestly don't know. For me it's easy. I don't believe anything or anybody as a matter of mental hygiene. I don't think anyone tells anyone any truths about anything anyway, just because no one can know any truths upon having been born into a world that is fake to the bone.

We are born into artificial light and artificial air, artificial substances are immediately injected into our bloodstream, artificial foods fill our stomachs and start building our body cells and our brains, artificial leaders tell us what to do with our artificial lives... so artificial brains can produce plausible stories but they can't possibly know the true story, they are not made of the right stuff for that, even on the cellular level, let alone the spiritual level.

Which is why I try to make sure I never confuse "it's plausible" with "I know." I only know things I consciously do and feel and live (key word "consciously") -- they are the only truths that overlap completely with what I "believe" them to be.

Richard Feynman the Nobel prize physicist simplified his life by deciding once and for all that when dining out with friends or colleagues (which happened frequently) he would never wrack his brains trying to decide 1) whether to order the dessert or skip it, and 2) if ordering it was chosen, which item on the menu to prefer. He decided that once and for all he would eliminate this recurrent problem from his life by making and following an ironclad rule for himself: he will always order the dessert, and he will always order chocolate cake. Period. No more waste of decision-making powers on a repetitive non-vital decision.

So, I did something similar with my life. Instead of wracking my brains every time over who's telling the truth and who's lying, I go with Dr. House's mantra: "everybody lies." When this is out of the way, the rest is easy. I investigate with any and all means at my disposal except for taking someone's word for it.:lol:

Christ! here you go again :rolleyes::lol: I believe the photos to be fake and that the ability to become invisible is possible, even through Kunlun- that's all I've ever said here. And, yes, as usual, I live in accordance with all that you write here. We agree all people are liars ergo all Kunlun practitioners are liars (except for those who aren't). Photos/media are of course nowhere near the issue for me in terms of "truth" and "lies"--I've been involved in extraordinary/ordinary events where people can't be trusted to know or believe their own direct sense perceptions ( and these in 'everyday' situations). Still, good points here for others to think about and adopt in their lives.

Yeah, Einstein did the same thing with his suits, shirts, shoes, and ties-all the same to cut back on the tyranny of choice in the morning :closedeyes: . Also, it's not just the fake world and the reasons you give for it that causes such problems for a person-it goes all the way back to the bedrock of using the senses and believing them in the context of the civilisation they find themselves in as well as the use of symbolic/removed representations like language that confuse the hell out of the average human. Paul

Edited by paul walter

"Have you ever considered that the constant questioning of your "path" is just a ploy by the ego to derail your practice?"

I know this was suggested as a derail itself but I figure (ok, i know plus I believe if we're using TM and PW's definitions) it to be the case. So I'll put my answer here but it can be moved if unsuitable.

It might be and it might not be and learning to tell the difference is part of path IMO (and shabby experience).

So why is "ego" doing this? Ultimately IMO and E to continue to protect "you" - the whole organism from any more of the same harm that it already encountered, except that it protects itself in the process as well, it's timing is off, and yes can turn you away from practices that are designed to take you through the pain and out to the other side.

If you want a better argument, "ego" is the thing that gets leveraged to make you buy things to be a "better you". It's also what hurts when you get "rejected" and when an idiot cuts you off on the highway.

Maybe I should mention the invisible cloak at this point? Just to get back OT. I don't see (no pun intended) the point of having an invisible cloak.

Because the chair doesn't move the chair doesn't 'ghost', only moving things do this. So the next question is if he's busy disappearing then why is he taking a walk out of the frame he so assiduously set up?.

It's like when these things were first done in the nineteenth century-because very few knew the technology many accepted what they were told(not necessarily shown) the pictures were. I'm not criticising you Scotty for what you 'see' but it's got to be pointed out that it's disturbing in this advanced media/image run culture that such simple effects are still not understood or 'seen' for what they are. We have no real hope with the latest technology which is much more 'invisible' to us (to me too). Paul

I second your opinion Paul........totally

Time delayed photography with moving objects was I think one of the second or third techniques my old photography teacher taught me(R.I.P)many years ago. The only difficulty due to the slow shutter speed is overexposure(too much light)which those pictures have. Difficult to take that kind of picture without the picture being over exposed(not impossible though).

If it was taken with one of those happy snappy digital cameras then it would have had to have been turned onto manual as opposed to automatic, which not many of those kind of cameras can do. If it had been on automatic the camera would have compensated for the window back light; and the person, chair and so on in the foreground would have been dark.

The more likely answer is this was done with an SLR on manual, with a slow shutter speed deliberately, and as Paul said this is why the chair is clear(not moving). Had the SLR been on automatic, again, the foreground would be dark..... the aperture in the camera reduces in size so as to not allow too much light in, this darkens the foreground...this is another reason why this camera was definitely on manual....couldn't happen on automatic(the camera balances out the light on automatic). This begs the questions why was the camera on manual.... obviously to get that effect.

I will say further that these picture were taken on a tripod, there not even close to impromptu(if they were supposed to be). The reason I say this is because under a sixtieth of a second(which to get that kind of movement the camera must be)a hand held camera will show hand shake, no matter how steady the hand. These picture are taken much slower than a sixtieth of a second yet the chair is still sharp. The overexposure is really a dead giveaway. The light source is definitely from the screen and not someones radiating aura.

They should have paid a professional for some good ones.

I second your opinion Paul........totally

Time delayed photography with moving objects was I think one of the second or third techniques my old photography teacher taught me(R.I.P)many years ago. The only difficulty due to the slow shutter speed is overexposure(too much light)which those pictures have. Difficult to take that kind of picture without the picture being over exposed(not impossible though).

If it was taken with one of those happy snappy digital cameras then it would have had to have been turned onto manual as opposed to automatic, which not many of those kind of cameras can do. If it had been on automatic the camera would have compensated for the window back light; and the person, chair and so on in the foreground would have been dark.

The more likely answer is this was done with an SLR on manual, with a slow shutter speed deliberately, and as Paul said this is why the chair is clear(not moving). Had the SLR been on automatic, again, the foreground would be dark..... the aperture in the camera reduces in size so as to not allow too much light in, this darkens the foreground...this is another reason why this camera was definitely on manual....couldn't happen on automatic(the camera balances out the light on automatic). This begs the questions why was the camera on manual.... obviously to get that effect.

I will say further that these picture were taken on a tripod, there not even close to impromptu(if they were supposed to be). The reason I say this is because under a sixtieth of a second(which to get that kind of movement the camera must be)a hand held camera will show hand shake, no matter how steady the hand. These picture are taken much slower than a sixtieth of a second yet the chair is still sharp. The overexposure is really a dead giveaway. The light source is definitely from the screen and not someones radiating aura.

They should have paid a professional for some good ones.

Excellent analysis!

Edited by ralis

If they are faked, it seems unlikely that it's just Kan moving at a slow shutter speed. His body is seeming to disappear in a random way that would be impossible to do using that method. How do his legs appear fairly solid, while his face is completely gone? This would have to be photo-shopped in the way Ralis described in order to achieve that effect (cutting Kan out, fading his image in different areas, blending it back with the image of the chair).

But then if you cut Kan out, how does the chair which was behind Kan appear solid? You would have to take another photo without Kan, and blend the empty chair back into the original picture.

It's actually pretty tricky.

To actually emulate this effect would require a professional. Don't believe me? Try it yourself using whatever photography skills you have, and see if you can achieve the same thing...

About doubting every practice you take up, Astral...just find practices which seem to do something for you, ones which interest you, and go for it! Find out what you want to achieve with this stuff, and use the practices that help you with that.

I personally don't like the kunlun level 1 practice. So I do other things from the system.

You may not like the entire system. That's totally fine, it's your path So, best of luck to you in finding what you are passionate about. That's all that matters.

Ralis, your nightmares...I had them too.

This path requires you to be light hearted. That means making huge changes in your life so that you're not so...harsh. They say that in this path, once you stop looking for "it", it comes to you (the bliss, the powers, enlightenment, etc). You can't achieve success without changing who you are...that which holds "you". It's important to let go of the energies you are used to. You don't have to give up your logic, but you do have to give up what binds you to your logic...what makes you act this way, your actual way of being...in order to progress. You are essentially getting what you are choosing each moment. You choose to take everything seriously, question everything, being tenacious...and you get the results of that way of life.

It's not a bad thing. I think it means you have more compassion, because you're able to go places that bliss junkies are unwilling to go, for the sake of the greater good. But you have to ask yourself...is it good to remain this way? What's better? Being at peace, or being right? It's a personal choice. If you like how you are and don't desire change, then you should know that these practices will just be hard on you. They are opening up the depths of your heart...all of the disgusting shit will just pile up.

To maintain a certain way about yourself requires that you push other ways down deep. "I don't want to be like those blissful idiots" = another way of controlling and not surrendering to your personal evolution.

They say that you can progress 100 years in an hour, 1000 years in a minute, 10,000 years in a second. What this means is: the practice is powerful, but it does nothing if you're unwilling to change. To let go of the things which serve you no longer.

Just some ideas. Your path is your choice...and I'm just a 25 year old dumbass putting forth some suggestions.

So in summary--the only thing posting those photos have done is to make the waters murkier and consolidate the 'mystery'/reputation of Kunlun. All the people who know the technology have said they think they are fake or could be faked and those who don't know the technology and/or want to do Kunlun have said otherwise. In the meantime Kan is off the hook, Kunlun has more publicity and the state of mind such practices rely on for wow-factor power has been increased through being no closer to a 'rational' agreement. We have all been put in different corners and are either defending ourselves (what we see) or those we have never met and things we have never experienced. As I said earlier about frauds etc one can see how it all fits together nicely, the only one not being 'fingered' is the one responsible for the images--welcome to the information democracy. Vive le chaos! Paul

I dont know who insinuated that this effect is specific to Max's set of practices. As I understand the phenomena has come from many different lineages, so this is nothing exclusive to kunlun. Why it needs to be referenced as if it is, beyond me. I've been working with photoshop well over a decade since...crap, version 2 or 3 - that this appearance can be duplicated with photoshop effects doesnt necessarily mean that photoshop was used to produce the appearance. I could go craft a picture of myself doing this, but in seeking enlightenment, would I tell people it is real, further lying to myself, further deluding myself, pushing the synchronicity of enlightenment further off (or, out of resonance ;) ) than it already is? What is to be accomplished by such a thing? To say photoshop was used here is also to say that Kan and Max are charlatans - I'm sure enough shit has been talked by uninformed parties on these matters for those seeds to exist out there, but consider the source, do any of them have direct knowledge or experience, any at all?

Just like whether one believes in God or not, some people's faith is very strong that God doesnt exist, while other have just as strong of a conviction that he exists, with similar levels of concrete proof. Of course some proof wont be quite accepted, like the origin of a power that comes and influences your life greatly at an important point in your life where the result would have been catastrophe otherwise. Tell that story and you're full of crap and making things up!!! :rolleyes:

If I notice that these practices are changing how my body, whatever else, vibrate, is it *that* far of an extrapolation that at certain vibrations, certain resonances, a coherence (or decoherence, as the case may be) can produce this effect or others that are uncommon? I am certainly not cultivated enough to answer definitively - but what are the possibilities, how open or closed is your mind, are things like this automatically dismissed because a certain mindset only sees one method for its production?

That said, yes, there are things you can tell about the exposure and such just from looking at a pic - long exposures, that is obvious. But what is actually being stated here? "Kan's upper body appeared as light" in the camera. Is it "omfg we now have definitive proof of GBD captured on camera!?" No. Of course the extent of how much it is Kan and how much it is the camera can be debated, but honestly a lot of how this discussion is going is making assumptions, too many of them, and likely even on both sides of the issue.

To drive that point home I'll share a personal story...

I was in the Guard, and ever since I have done Kunlun, I just moved further and further from it. Things were happening like... I got shin splints which would simply not go away, so I couldn't participate fully. So it seemed like continuing in the Guard was just not the way to go...but I was living in fear, thinking I had to continue until my contract was up otherwise they'd ruin my future, by giving me a bad discharge.

Well it got to the point where I just couldn't even put on the uniform anymore. For many reasons...but basically I have turned completely against the military way of life. So I had to choose...stick it out and suffer, or leave on my own terms and finally enjoy life.

So I decided to quit. That night, I cried for the first time in years. I had very positive dreams. Woke up feeling refreshed, finally. Ever since then, my heart has been more open...crying basically at least once a week, when I feel for someone's suffering. Laughing more fully. Flowing in my life...not holding on so tight...

Turns out I am just getting a general discharge and owe like 400 bucks. Totally worth it.

So, at some point you have to just give in to the spiritual way of life. At some point, it will probably be too hard to maintain the negative way of life you choose, and your heart will finally open a bit more. Then, instead of being a blissful idiot, you will be a more fearless, levelheaded and good person. With less stupid cares, and more care about the important things.

Once again, just thoughts from a dumbass.

Ego bashing is a worn out and irrelevant argument. Ego is a Freudian term and adds nothing relevant to any spiritual discussion.

Ralis.

While I certainly was not applying Freud's use of the word, as I thought the context of this discussion and this forum would've made clear, I propose two alternatives for your generous consideration...

The Ox and the Monkey-Mind.

Perhaps those are more to your liking and I apologize for any confusion that I may have unwittingly caused you by not better clarifying the meaning of the loaded word that I chose to use.... semantics can be a bummer.

best.

balance.

I just went back and viewed the images. One thing that is odd is that the "tea woman" who purportedly took the photos, just happened to have a camera with her.

I've resisted doing this, but here goes.

The actual format of the images (relationships between height and width) rule out both 35mm film (though no one here suggested film [though it could be scanned in after development and edited]) and digital slr as being used to take those pictures... both are much wider along the horizontal than the height... digital slr is especially exaggerated in this regard.

The quality (or lack thereof) of the images themselves rules out larger format cameras (which could use digital backs) such as medium format or 4x5 cameras, though the image proportions themselves more closely resemble medium format.

The lack of clarity and sharpness rules out tripod use, actually. Sure, there certainly is more sharpness in the chair than in Kan's body, but nothing that indicates that a tripod was used... And in each of the images, there are blurs in the environment consistent with hand-holding.

Most likely, these were taken with a cellphone.. Something which most everyone always carries about on their person these days. A quick search for iphone photographs seems to indicate a similarity in format... Though as I don't own an iphone (nor do I plan to ever acquire one) I can't speak to any sort of manual or automatic functionality and adjustment.. Nor the ease at which they can be transferred from the phone into an image editing program.

The best way to discern the nature of these images would be to check the "metadata" ... Every digital image has its "birth" recorded... F/stop, shutter speed, ISO, time/date, and the make of the imaging device used to capture the image... This would indicate whether a cellphone was used or something else.. This data is permanently attached to the images except to those who have specialized software (ie. lightroom) that can be used to alter the information.

As the images on the kunlun website are presented in a flash format (no doubt as a clever guard against such digital-sleuthery :lol:) , they can't be taken down and viewed under a more proficient, digital microscope. Thus, we are left with nothing but speculation and futility in argument.

In terms of the actual blurring/disappearing of Kan.. It's tough to say. Some images where his upper torso has almost completely disappeared have strange inconsistencies. For instance, such dramatic disappearance, if he was indeed moving to exaggerate things, means he would have to have been moving pretty god damned vigorously.. But if one follows the torso down to his forearms and hands, though they are slightly blurred themselves, there is no indication of the violent movement that must be undertaken to achieve the "effect" that is demonstrated.

Also, there is a relatively smooth quality of gradation to the fading, which is also inconsistent with violent movement to effect blur/disappearance.. In those instances, there would be "growths" of texture and color which would form along similar lines of movement... Picture the formation of sand-dunes. What we see in these images is different.

And yes, there certainly is a fair amount of over-exposure within those images... But nothing I've learned explains why over-exposure would be responsible for the peculiar qualities we see.

Kan's level of movement is also (I'm noticing his legs in one image) particularly well recorded in a few of the images, which indicates that he was not just sitting completely still.. but there are still peculiar areas of stillness that I can't explain.

Lastly, double-exposure is always possibility, but I've no idea if such a thing is even possible with a cell-phone camera, though even with a digital slr it would still be difficult to pull off. You need a tripod for such a trick to ensure that the environments line up precisely, and as I've already pointed out, the images indicate a tripod wasn't used.

I don't care to speculate whether steps were taken to heighten and exaggerate the effect seen, nor do I care to speculate upon whether or not we're witnessing something genuine and unadulterated... I only wanted to push forward what it is I see happening technically in them... As we each will see what we want to see in them regardless of the "facts" and observations that are pushed in front of us.

For the record, I'm working towards (amongst other things) a BFA in fine art photography.

best.

balance.

*also here's a link to an article about a first-timers experience with Kunlun... the pertinent information involves the interviewer talking with Kan about the images (that are also in that reel) that he took while practicing in a field when he felt a presence.... So he took some pictures with his cellphone..

"Ed. Note: When I got home, the event producer was kind enough to send me the ethereal shots that Kan had taken with his cameraphone in the dark. Scientist that I am, I could not resist examining the metadata from the files. Sure enough, they were taken with a Docomo P905i. Check! Timestamps – 2009-09-18T22:36 - 2009-09-18T22:38 – etc. Check! These were definitely taken on his Japanese cameraphone, and at the time they say it happened.

Yep, this looks like the real thing. Fingers crossed...

Eyes wide open, I enter the world of Kunlun Bliss."

http://www.tantricnews.com/diving-into-kunlun-bliss/all-pages.html

While that information doesn't mean these images couldn't have been faked (even with a cellphone) it is interesting food for thought. Also, metadata is altered to indicate an alteration by another program unless steps largely unknown to the layperson are taken.

Edited by balance.

^^^^ Great story, Scotty! It's probably pretty normal to expect a few crappy & turbulent years after starting Kunlun, imo. Expect ongoing changes and transformative shifts. The water will probably get muddier before it clears. Seems to be par for the course..

You can literally find such photos anywhere. It is a time tested effect in photography that lots of people play around with. Paul
Again, then why hasn't anyone posted any? let's see some of these photos containing the more distinctive features as pointed out by me, Scotty & balance? Or if it's "so easy," let's see someone else recreate them already!
"Ed. Note: When I got home, the event producer was kind enough to send me the ethereal shots that Kan had taken with his cameraphone in the dark. Scientist that I am, I could not resist examining the metadata from the files. Sure enough, they were taken with a Docomo P905i. Check! Timestamps 2009-09-18T22:36 - 2009-09-18T22:38 etc. Check! These were definitely taken on his Japanese cameraphone, and at the time they say it happened.

Yep, this looks like the real thing. Fingers crossed...

Eyes wide open, I enter the world of Kunlun Bliss."

http://www.tantricnews.com/diving-into-kunlun-bliss/all-pages.html

While that information doesn't mean these images couldn't have been faked (even with a cellphone) it is interesting food for thought. Also, metadata is altered to indicate an alteration by another program unless steps largely unknown to the layperson are taken.

The Kunlun center in Oregon posted those a couple of months ago.
Ralis, do you have a link to where these photos were originally posted? If so, we could DL them and check the metadata. That might help add some technical verification (if they weren't resized or cropped or otherwise modified and still contain it). Edited by vortex

To drive that point home I'll share a personal story...

I was in the Guard, and ever since I have done Kunlun, I just moved further and further from it. Things were happening like... I got shin splints which would simply not go away, so I couldn't participate fully. So it seemed like continuing in the Guard was just not the way to go...but I was living in fear, thinking I had to continue until my contract was up otherwise they'd ruin my future, by giving me a bad discharge.

Well it got to the point where I just couldn't even put on the uniform anymore. For many reasons...but basically I have turned completely against the military way of life. So I had to choose...stick it out and suffer, or leave on my own terms and finally enjoy life.

So I decided to quit. That night, I cried for the first time in years. I had very positive dreams. Woke up feeling refreshed, finally. Ever since then, my heart has been more open...crying basically at least once a week, when I feel for someone's suffering. Laughing more fully. Flowing in my life...not holding on so tight...

Turns out I am just getting a general discharge and owe like 400 bucks. Totally worth it.

So, at some point you have to just give in to the spiritual way of life. At some point, it will probably be too hard to maintain the negative way of life you choose, and your heart will finally open a bit more. Then, instead of being a blissful idiot, you will be a more fearless, levelheaded and good person. With less stupid cares, and more care about the important things.

Once again, just thoughts from a dumbass.

I think it's a great story of liberation. Much worthier than all those metaphysical "liberation" stories about successfully hiding one's head so far in the sand as to admire the only perspective that opens up from this position -- the view up one's own incomparably enlightened ass.

...and any practice that can cause someone to cry who didn't for years, and consciously know why, is "real" by default.:)

^^^^ Great story, Scotty! It's probably pretty normal to expect a few crappy & turbulent years after starting Kunlun, imo. Expect ongoing changes and transformative shifts. The water will probably get muddier before it clears. Seems to be par for the course..Again, then why hasn't anyone posted any? let's see some of these photos containing the more distinctive features as pointed out by me, Scotty & balance? Or if it's "so easy," let's see someone else recreate them already!Ralis, do you have a link to where these photos were originally posted? If so, we could DL them and check the metadata. That might help add some technical verification (if they weren't resized or cropped or otherwise modified and still contain it).

These images were posted on Facebook by the Portland Kunlun School. Let me know if the link works.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=21200&id=102921989744044#!/pages/Portland-OR/Portland-Kunlun-School-Awakening-Through-The-Art-of-Kunlun-Nei-Gung/102921989744044

If one carefully examines the photos, a few problems can be observed.

1. The first and second photos shows distorted body proportion i.e, hands.

2. The so called light around his feet is very angular as if from movement.

3. There is a lot of over exposure behind the figure.

Examine the photos without preconceived notions i.e, no woo woo. See the photos as they truly are.

These pictures are, without a doubt, 'shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and having seen quite a few shops in my time. I got this one off of his facebook:

61605146925325343710102.jpg

The shopper was good, but he messed up on this one. Check the guy's shadow to the bottom left where the floor meets the wall. There is a shadow that was put in which hits the wall and slightly overlaps with his clothes. If you zoom in, it's a perfect 3 pixel feather created by using a brush set with a low opacity. I'd guess 40%.

The whole area is very suspicious. If you look at the shadow he casts, it's completely obscured by this aura. If the photograph were real, a semi-opaque aura should show what's behind it, not obscure it. Also, looking at the different geometries of the body, it looks like they probably combined several pictures of him to create this effect. The area the aura occupies probably originally had a body in it, and they did sloppy clean-up work to 'shop it out.

This guy is a liar and a fraud.

Edited by simply puzzled

These pictures are, without a doubt, 'shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and having seen quite a few shops in my time. I got this one off of his facebook:

61605146925325343710102.jpg

The shopper was good, but he messed up on this one. Check the guy's shadow to the bottom left where the floor meets the wall. There is a shadow that was put in which hits the wall and slightly overlaps with his clothes. If you zoom in, it's a perfect 3 pixel feather created by using a brush set with a low opacity. I'd guess 40%.

The whole area is very suspicious. If you look at the shadow he casts, it's completely obscured by this aura. If the photograph were real, a semi-opaque aura should show what's behind it, not obscure it. Also, looking at the different geometries of the body, it looks like they probably combined several pictures of him to create this effect. The area the aura occupies probably originally had a body in it, and they did sloppy clean-up work to 'shop it out.

This guy is a liar and a fraud.

That shadow couldn't possibly be a zafu or a pillow.

That shadow couldn't possibly be a zafu or a pillow.

It could. That still doesn't explain why the aura looks exactly like an Adobe Photoshop paintbrush. I've examined more photos than I can count, and I've never seen an area that looks like that on a non-shopped photograph.

If he's willing to send me all of the photos, uncompressed for facebook, I can look at them and do a more thorough analysis. If these really are real, I'll apologize, but I've spend some time looking at the ones on facebook blown-up, and I firmly believe these are fake.