bindo

Gold Dragon Body Photos

Yeah, OK, but a possible problem here is when more and more healers grow comfortable with the placebo strategy, because it really frustrates people like me who seem to be mostly immune to that approach due to a relatively well-developed intellect and need many disappointing experiences for realizing how often it is just placebo strategy. That kind of healers might actually be raising awareness for this and then in future any kind of approach to healing will be seen extra-skeptically.

Personally this has driven me to a point where when someone claims "This will even work if you don't believe in it.", I don't believe a word of it, because it's very likely just another placebo strategy, using reverse psychology.

Placebo effect is the single most misunderstood phenomenon modern science throws around ideas about without having the first. In France, they came up with an SSRE to our SSRI which yields exactly the same clinical results, although the latter is an "inhibitor" and the former an "enhancer" of "selective serotonin reuptake." So who's lying -- French double-blind placebo-controlled studies or American ones?:lol:

If a healer consistently heals, I don't care how. If a healer consistently harms, I don't care how. I want the former venerated and the latter incarcerated.

When Mao Zedong was making a crucial world-changing decision -- whether to ban and eradicate TCM off the face of the earth or allow it to exist alongside Western medicine -- he mercifully fell back on classic Chinese philosophy and allowed TCM to be practiced on the grounds of "we don't care if it's a black cat or a white cat as long as it catches mice." Much as I hate to agree with a tyrant, I see eye to eye with him on this one.

Placebo effect is the single most misunderstood phenomenon modern science throws around ideas about without having the first. In France, they came up with an SSRE to our SSRI which yields exactly the same clinical results, although the latter is an "inhibitor" and the former an "enhancer" of "selective serotonin reuptake." So who's lying -- French double-blind placebo-controlled studies or American ones?:lol:

What it actually means is that not "some" but ALL of the effects of the most widespread product of a multi-billion-dollar pharma antidepressant industry are placebo effects.

If a healer consistently heals, I don't care how. If a healer consistently harms, I don't care how. I want the former venerated and the latter incarcerated.

When Mao Zedong was making a crucial world-changing decision -- whether to ban and eradicate TCM off the face of the earth or allow it to exist alongside Western medicine -- he mercifully fell back on classic Chinese philosophy and allowed TCM to be practiced on the grounds of "we don't care if it's a black cat or a white cat as long as it catches mice." Much as I hate to agree with a tyrant, I see eye to eye with him on this one.

Guest paul walter
My whole point here is to actually question...not just assume we've debunked it, when people have only offered simple explanations, and move on...in my opinion, so far nothing has been shown to be fake. There have just been some decent arguments.

I'm simply seeing you as a person crossing a road and because there is a car in the distance and you don't understand the laws of propulsion/dynamics in relation to time/space you continue to stand in the way of the oncoming til it hits you...you have to think 'quicker' on your feet in all situations or there could be a bad end. You sometimes need to 'project' yourself into another persons pov in order to see another logic and outcome Paul

Edited by paul walter

Guest paul walter

I would like to make a formal apology. I have devoted myself to the art of kunlun and now realize the truth of being able to make oneself transparent. As evidence, I have a photograph of myself as proof.

fading1.jpg

This looks faked to me--like you intentionally tried to make what was actually happening look fake by focusing on the 'flaws' you thought were fake in the previous pictures. The jury is still out...

Edited by paul walter

Guest paul walter

(Is a dead horse still being beaten? Then again one man's dead horse is another man's treasure)

Is the sound of one hand still clapping? Actually that would produce a blurred hand (the moving, clapping one) and a solid hand (the not-clapping one) therefore producing something of a visual koan or at least a representation of that which could produce a thousand musings.

Guest paul walter

This is quite common, but it's not lying, it's several healing modalities incorporated simultaneously.

Well sometimes something like psychic surgery is "lying", like when the patient isn't cured and dies of the disease. There are as many poor quality 'healers' out there as there are successful ones (and yes, sometimes the patients need/faith/will to believe does most of the work the healer couldn't impart because the healer didn't have the requisite knowledge of humanity/the universe and the way they can support/open each other in such crises).

While the success for the healing could be ascribed to the broad parameters that such a practice automatically create, therefore giving options undreamed of in a singly focused modality, I still think the power of the patients belief system sets the 'tone' for such healings simply by he/she making use of such a technique in the first place. They could have been healed any which way it seems?

I just don't like the aura of earthly power around a lot of these healers. <_< Paul

Guest paul walter

Lol, link to this video?

It's 'Deepak Chopra on Barack Obama' on youtube-it goes for one and a half minutes but full of new age fun. There is a fourty minute interview with him on the same topic but I haven't been brave enough :(

That was dung xiao ping talking about communism/captalism. :blink:

Sorry, I'd just hate to see Mao get the credit for that quote. He killed millions through his ridiculous policies and destroyed much of Chinese culture, whereas Dung xiao ping is responsible for Chinese people being able to wear Nike and buy iphones. Not sure that's a great thing but hey ho.

This is a great book 'The private life of Chairman Mao' by his personal physician of 20 odd years Zhisui Li. Well worth a read. Depressing as hell though in some ways. No happy ending either...well, not for the doctor at least, but Mao certainly had a few :huh:

I think you need to read a little history! Mao is responsible for the death of untold millions and should never be revered! Even today Chinese citizens are dying in death camps!

I have friends that are Acupuncturist's (DOM) and have told me that what is passed off as TCM is nothing but cultural revolution medicine. Mao destroyed anything that was part of the intelligentsia, Chinese philosophy or was even religious in nature. This was all accomplished by an army of uneducated peasants.

Most Qigong coming out of China is state approved by a sports academy. Jenny Lamb's spontaneous Qigong and Chi-Lel Qigong among others are both state approved. All the people doing Tai-Chi and Qigong in those smog ridden parks are doing so with the blessing of the state.

I am wondering why on your profile page you have a cat in a Red Army uniform?

That was dung xiao ping talking about communism/captalism. :blink:

Sorry, I'd just hate to see Mao get the credit for that quote. He killed millions through his ridiculous policies and destroyed much of Chinese culture, whereas Dung xiao ping is responsible for Chinese people being able to wear Nike and buy iphones. Not sure that's a great thing but hey ho.

This is a great book 'The private life of Chairman Mao' by his personal physician of 20 odd years Zhisui Li. Well worth a read. Depressing as hell though in some ways. No happy ending either...well, not for the doctor at least, but Mao certainly had a few :huh:

I did read that book and agree that it's well worth a read. The quote is from a Chinese classic though and its philosophy is what was applied in the situation I referred to, and attributed to Mao Zedung quoting that quote by a Chinese acupuncturist who first mentioned it to me before I ever read the book. It was in an article in a professional magazine he edits which he showed me. The article could have been wrong or Dung Xiaping could quite plausibly quote the same saying and apply to the situation he was talking about in his own case. But neither he nor Mao invented it. In any event, quoting was neither Mao's main vice nor Dung's main virute.

In China, I've seen a different attitude to Mao than in the West. His portrait still adorns the presidential palace in Beijing. No one is saying he was a good guy, but no one is trying to pretend he never existed. Whereas Rockefeller who financed the spread of Western medicine in China at the time when the country was poorer than what Mao did to it later, so no med school could possibly resist a generous grant toward stopping its native curriculum and starting a Western one, is supposed to never have existed in its history. But he did, to an extent quite comparable with that of Mao.

I think you need to read a little history! Mao is responsible for the death of untold millions and should never be revered! Even today Chinese citizens are dying in death camps!

I have friends that are Acupuncturist's (DOM) and have told me that what is passed off as TCM is nothing but cultural revolution medicine. Mao destroyed anything that was part of the intelligentsia, Chinese philosophy or was even religious in nature. This was all accomplished by an army of uneducated peasants.

Most Qigong coming out of China is state approved by a sports academy. Jenny Lamb's spontaneous Qigong and Chi-Lel Qigong among others are both state approved. All the people doing Tai-Chi and Qigong in those smog ridden parks are doing so with the blessing of the state.

I am wondering why on your profile page you have a cat in a Red Army uniform?

"Revered" is a word a tad too strong to describe mentioning a historic fact. Just because I know the fact doesn't mean I "revere" Mao.

The cat in a Red Army uniform is a pun for "Taomeow." "Mao" is the Chinese for "cat," but in Chinese the tone and the character are different from "Mao" of Mao Zedong. A Red Army uniform is an allusion to my Soviet birthplace. The cat's Chinese look is in reference to my taoist pursuits. But most importantly, I was having trouble downsizing my own picture for the profile (like most cats I'm not very computer proficient).

"Revered" is a word a tad too strong to describe mentioning a historic fact. Just because I know the fact doesn't mean I "revere" Mao.

The cat in a Red Army uniform is a pun for "Taomeow." "Mao" is the Chinese for "cat," but in Chinese the tone and the character are different from "Mao" of Mao Zedong. A Red Army uniform is an allusion to my Soviet birthplace. The cat's Chinese look is in reference to my taoist pursuits. But most importantly, I was having trouble downsizing my own picture for the profile (like most cats I'm not very computer proficient).

You doubted the factual nature of the quote and now you claim historical fact. Which one is it? I would never agree with any statement made by Mao who was an autocrat, war criminal, butcher and is responsible for as many deaths as Stalin! Or, any other that fits that description! Strange, that you can find agreement with one of the worst criminals in human history.

Try to honor truth.

If a cruel dictator states something I agree with, I will say that I agree with the statement. I could also say I agree with the dictator on that point. It's just another way of saying it; the meaning remains the same. Strong emotions make more of it than there is.

Edited by Hardyg

Try to honor truth.

If a cruel dictator states something I agree with, I will say that I agree with the statement. I could also say I agree with the dictator on that point. It's just another way of saying it; the meaning remains the same. Strong emotions make more of it than there is.

Dictators use propaganda, lies and deception in a certain context, for one reason only! Power! That is why they can't be trusted! Even if it sounds true.

A lot of people agreed with Hitler, Stalin and Mao. See where they ended up.

Edited by ralis

The thoughts the person who speaks something has about it are irrelevant for your own decision about the truth of the words.

Besides, you can't rely on the assumption that everything a cruel dictator says is intentional lie and propaganda. Human personalities are complex, and they might have sincere convictions about things.

Otherwise, the usual questions applies: Where do you draw the line?

Henry Ford said: "Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." Quite a spiritual insight you could say, and I agree. But careful, Ford was a racist. So now what? Untrue? Just a lie? Does it change anything in terms of the truth of the statement?

Hitler and Stalin were wearing a moustace. And see where it got us! :rolleyes:

Edited by Hardyg

And after 15 pages of discussion about fake or real photo's we hit Godwin's law "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"

I think, pages ago, someone asked why publish these photo's, I feel kunlun subscribes to the marketing philosophy of any publicity = good publicity .... which I find a shame as, for me, that detracts from a good practice.

And after 15 pages of discussion about fake or real photo's we hit Godwin's law "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"

Am I the only one seeing the basic logical flaw in this? With a growing thread length, the probability of anything being mentioned approaches 1.

( and usually a lot quicker at The Tao Bums ;) )

Edited by Hardyg

Guest paul walter

In China, I've seen a different attitude to Mao than in the West. His portrait still adorns the presidential palace in Beijing. No one is saying he was a good guy, but no one is trying to pretend he never existed.

That's not the point of the portrait. Things like this are a cipher and a black hole. It's 'meaning' is to venerate Mao, therefore venerating tyranny and it's variegated uses as the need arises on a daily basis. Also to take the heat off of those who carry his legacy. Also to wipe clean the past, the recent past. History and tradition (especially in places like China) are great things to hide behind (even in front of :wacko: ). Revering him through his use value as both a great and a flawed/dead leader is very useful to those who profit from these traditions Paul

Guest paul walter

Am I the only one seeing the basic logical flaw in this? With a growing thread length, the probability of anything being mentioned approaches 1.

( and usually a lot quicker at The Tao Bums ;) )

At least one thing's for sure-by sheer lack of engagement with the photo recently posted the 'controversy' seems to have reached some kind of resting place :D

Yeah, cultivating an awareness for all the games the elite plays for staying in power is very interesting. ... Like the whole concept of "royalty/nobility" for example. Just tell people you are a special breed and thus you have special privileges as a birthright, and funnily many people believe it without thinking how ridiculous it actually is.

About the photo controversy: For open-minded and objective people it probably has helped to bring the undecidedness to a perfect 50-50 balance. :lol:

Edited by Hardyg

That's not the point of the portrait. Things like this are a cipher and a black hole. It's 'meaning' is to venerate Mao, therefore venerating tyranny and it's variegated uses as the need arises on a daily basis. Also to take the heat off of those who carry his legacy. Also to wipe clean the past, the recent past. History and tradition (especially in places like China) are great things to hide behind (even in front of :wacko: ). Revering him through his use value as both a great and a flawed/dead leader is very useful to those who profit from these traditions Paul

Well put! Obviously, you understand the art of propaganda and the insidious use of. There are a number of participants in this thread that don't have a clue that they are being manipulated.

that what is the state approved textbooks and murodoch owned mass media says. must be true then. not propaganda in the least.

All the people doing Tai-Chi and Qigong in those smog ridden parks are doing so with the blessing of the state.!

and that is bad, because.....?

that what is the state approved textbooks and murodoch owned mass media says. must be true then. not propaganda in the least.

and that is bad, because.....?

Chinese Communist dictatorship is the problem. Are you in favor of communist dictatorships?