bindo

Gold Dragon Body Photos

Where's the connection between bluntly speaking one's mind and sheriff-like behavior? :huh:

Are you his deputy?

Did I interrupt an attempt to poke one of TheTaoBum's weak spots in order to cause a certain effect? Then I apologize. Otherwise I wonder whether he hit one of yours.

Edited by Hardyg

Sloppy,

After all of this, I really don't know what you're talking about. Just devote your time to practicing something real, and you'll discover your powers. Spending time whining about how you spent 4 years practicing insubstantial things on and off isn't going to get you there!

I didn't think it was that hard to understand, I'm trying to be as clear as possible.

I haven't done "insubstantial paths" for four years.

It took me two years to find a path, now I've found it.

I think I've made great progress, had some interesting experiences, but nothing so far that's objectively verifiable, and nothing that is in any way different than drug induced phenomena.

Any logically thinking person would have moved on long ago. Heck, any logically thinking person with the experiences I've had would have stopped as soon as I started hearing the same old rhetoric. But I'm still at it. Why? I have a good feeling about it, even though I have no clear evidence that what I'm doing even leads to what I want- it's just the best thing that I've found so far that fits me.

But my personal experiences do not change the overall climate of the spiritual community, and the shenanigans that occur on a daily basis!

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Did I interrupt an attempt to poke one of TheTaoBum's weak spots in order to cause a certain effect? Then I apologize. Otherwise I wonder whether he hit one of yours.

Neither. Apology not needed.

I asked a simple question, but you had to step in to question my question, so i decided to forward a similarly simple question to you. Maybe you have read too much into it. If this is true, then certainly its my turn to offer an apology.

Heres another newbie quote...

Craving powers & psychic ability are all Low level tricks, parlour tricks, blah blah blah.

Yet those very same people cannot even demonstrate the skills they term tricks & "low level"......so how possibly could they ever attain a high level when they cant even perform the basic low level tricks ?

The blind leading the blind.

Heres another newbie quote...

Craving powers & psychic ability are all Low level tricks, parlour tricks, blah blah blah.

Yet those very same people cannot even demonstrate the skills they term tricks & "low level"......so how possibly could they ever attain a high level when they cant even perform the basic low level tricks ?

The blind leading the blind.

It's because they didn't even bother with the "low level" stuff, and went straight to the "high level stuff."

Transforming consciousness, cultivating virtue, yadda yadda.

But if such a person were to meet a person with a gun determined to kill them.... well, I'm sure by "accepting" and yielding they'd be okay! It's not like a parlor trick like disappearing or controlling them with energy would be very helpful or appropriate.

It's because they didn't even bother with the "low level" stuff, and went straight to the "high level stuff."

But if such a person were to meet a person with a gun determined to kill them.... well, I'm sure by "accepting" and yielding they'd be okay! It's not like a parlor trick like disappearing or controlling them with energy would be very helpful or appropriate.

You want power?

This OP seems to think that by following this teaching on Inner Power you will achieve your desired goals. According to this post, it appears that Inner Power is not that hard to obtain... after all, its only a very short lesson. For someone of your intelligence, i'd say you'd pick this up, digest its contents in maybe what? 15 minutes... and then you may commence practice immediately and gain Inner Power. See, its that easy! Just follow every step and parrot all the moves (remember one thing though - these are the writer's moves, not your own) and you will be on your way! You may now stop moaning that nobody gives you any proven and substantial secrets to work on.

Here... (take special note of the part titled 'Stillness'): http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/15014-inner-power-tenaga-dalam/

I assure you this is not New Age stuff, just in case you are wondering.

oh, and ps - This is courtesy of Mr TheTaobum, so when you attain the Power, be sure to acknowledge the source... as is the norm.

Edited by CowTao

Criminals or those with bad intentions cannot hurt these wannabe Sages & Lao Tzu's. They have no qualms telling one and all that anybody with bad intentions wont bother them or how they will become invisible the moment trouble arises ha ha ha.

Well look at the the sexual & physical abuse endured by tibetan and burmese monks. Why didnt buddha or their cultivation level protect them ? So there goes that ridiculous theory . Oh thats right....it was their karma right ?

Thats the common reply at these fairy seminars. The best ones are those who say that you cannot demonstrate it...but it will be there when you need it rofl.

Edited by TheTaoBum

Thats the common reply at these fairy seminars. The best ones are those who say that you cannot demonstrate it...but it will be there when you need it rofl.

And then one could say: I thought power is dangerous without control. Now this is an example of the opposite.

This is another example of what I occasionally mention as contradicting wisdoms that leave you confused. And what makes you see all those 'sayings' as rigid dogma that narrows the perception of things and makes thinking inflexible. Leads to 'spiritual politics'.

I guess the philosophical area of this problem would be "chaos vs. order".

Edited by Hardyg

You want power?

This OP seems to think that by following this teaching on Inner Power you will achieve your desired goals. According to this post, it appears that Inner Power is not that hard to obtain... after all, its only a very short lesson. For someone of your intelligence, i'd say you'd pick this up, digest its contents in maybe what? 15 minutes... and then you may commence practice immediately and gain Inner Power. See, its that easy! Just follow every step and parrot all the moves (remember one thing though - these are the writer's moves, not your own) and you will be on your way! You may now stop moaning that nobody gives you any proven and substantial secrets to work on.

Here... (take special note of the part titled 'Stillness'): http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/15014-inner-power-tenaga-dalam/

oh, and ps - This is courtesy of Mr TheTaobum, so when you attain the Power, be sure to acknowledge the source... as is the norm.

Interesting.

You want power?

Thanks for bringing my tridaya link back to life.

Well Cow its nice you have taken the time to scan the forum for my posts. But to a trained eye however, it reveals much about ones true nature, motives and current psychological state. All the Symptoms that authentic qigong practice are supposed to correct !

Next...

I didnt write the tridaya book and dont agree with much it said. But thats not to say its non effective. "They know the lyrics but not the medley".... is an old saying one should think long and hard about.

Just because an art does not contain all the trimmings and fancy dogma (as you call it) does not make it any less effective. In fact sometimes the complete opposite will happen.

The only reason i posted it here (Tridaya) was because lots of people were asking for it. Since that time however i have sadly discovered that many current members already had the tridaya book, but not one of them had the fortitude or willpower to share with their brothers and sisters.

I however was kindly thanked by having my thread deleted & a six day ban put in place for something else that doesnt matter now. But whos complaining.

Lastly,

Someone of my intellegence you remarked, lol thanks. Again, Constantly displaying a pedantic attitude, Offering fake apologies, whatever, reveals a very different and much darker character then the one you portray on the surface.

Cow tao 1 question....do you study qigong & if yes then who do you study with ? If its a secret or you cant tell us then thats ok.

Edited by TheTaoBum

I didn't think it was that hard to understand, I'm trying to be as clear as possible.

I must be really stupid, then!

See, I thought it didn't make sense to be practicing something which simply makes you feel like you're on drugs, when you are looking for something more. But I guess it does make sense!

Man I'm dumb!

I must be really stupid, then!

See, I thought it didn't make sense to be practicing something which simply makes you feel like you're on drugs, when you are looking for something more. But I guess it does make sense!

Man I'm dumb!

No, the point is that I have not had an experience that I've had any way of verifying that it 1) did not occur solely within my own mind/imagination, and 2) was not created by a cognitive bias (such as the confirmation bias).

It doesn't make me "feel like I'm on drugs". Rather, SOME of the effects are similar to the reported effects of various drugs.

Which makes me even MORE determined to find something that is 1) externally verifiable 2) repeatable.

Because if all I want to get is a shift in consciousness, expansion of awareness, and yadda yadda, I can do it a whole lot easier with drugs. And I don't know of any drugs around today that make people invisible, immortal, and give them other siddhi like abilities!

So, I will do as I have always done: continue my practice. It is my life. However, I hold myself to a high standard. There's something I want, and I will not stop till I get it, and I am well aware of the means with which I can fool myself, so I am holding myself to a very high standard.

I am also holding others to a high standard. If someone comes around making a claim which is 1) externally verifiable and 2) repeatable, I will ask them to demonstrate it. I am not asking anything from others that I would not ask of myself.

If you want to keep your practices and achievements secret? Fine. Don't talk about them. That's your prerogative. If you're going to start running your mouth, posting pics, doing demos, expect to be held to the strictest standards possible. At least for me. Everyone else can believe what they want to believe. Let's just remember that there were university programs dedicated to studying how Uri Geller bent spoons because they took it at face value that what he was doing was what he said he was going.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Rolling my eyes.

There's some stuff I edited in after my initial posting, about standards for myself and others.

Please give it some consideration before doing whatever it is you are doing.

Standards...haha!

Your choice of how you want to spend your time!

I'm just in a pretty wrathful mood tonight, so, ducking out now before I really speak my mind...

Standards...haha!

Your choice of how you want to spend your time!

I'm just in a pretty wrathful mood tonight, so, ducking out now before I really speak my mind...

No, please do say something. Because it IS how I want to spend my time. If you have any valid criticisms, I'd like to hear them.

You have given great advice in the past, and even in this thread, that I have really taken to heart. I am open to hearing what you have to say. I won't take offense. We are discussing ideas, not people.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

So far what I've got from reading the last couple

of pages is a lot of apologies and thinly veiled insults and a Bob Marley song.

"I shot the sheriff....but I did not shoot the deputy, oh no oh no.."

Bob Marley had special powers with the ladeeez. That's provable. I think his systematic system was playing the guitar and singing. Which doesn't help me much, as I can't sing for s*it and can barely play the guitar.

Back to the drawing board....

So far what I've got from reading the last couple

of pages is a lot of apologies and thinly veiled insults and a Bob Marley song.

"I shot the sheriff....but I did not shoot the deputy, oh no oh no.."

Bob Marley had special powers with the ladeeez. That's provable. I think his systematic system was playing the guitar and singing. Which doesn't help me much, as I can't sing for s*it and can barely play the guitar.

Back to the drawing board....

But there are people who can coach your singing and teach you to play the guitar. Sure, depending on your natural level of skill it might be hard. But it can be done. There are sets of credentials that you can judge them by, and there are tried and true methods to learn to become a good singer.... or at least, better than you are singer. Everyone is up front about it. No one is hiding behind dogma. There's no secret to becoming a famous musician: practice, fail, practice, starve, practice, get side jobs, practice, fail, practice, fail....... WIN!

From the -O- Files

Well I'm jumping in late in the game (ran out of popcorn )... but I have a few thoughts and stories to share...

RE: pictures

Sorry to bring up the pictures again but... I think it is safe to say that fakery and tomfoolery regarding visual illusions in this day can be faked exactly or even better (visually) then what started this topic is a given

That is not to say they are fakes. I say this, not because of some strongly held loyalties (or disloyalties), or because of some scrutiny over Photoshop but rather I find it (strongly in my gut) hard to believe that they are sitting down and consciously faking photos... I mean this is a whole other breed of nefariously stupid things to do - I find it really hard to believe; that they believe they could get away with that.....

However, there are "discrepancies" of a non-photoshop type I'd like to bring up later

RE: the glowing hands photo on Max's site.

It think this picture says something like 'max's hands taken at a temple in nepal" or something like that.....

I've held that photo in my hands. In fact I was sitting in the very chair that the picture is taken from when I saw the picture. It wasn't in Nepal but rather Max's "tea room" in the lower floor of his house at the time. I had just arrived for a visit, and it was the first time we had met face to face. We were sitting in the tea room and he reached over my shoulder to the shelf behind me and grabbed the photo. It was done with an instamatic camera - (you know where you pull them out and wave them around in the air until they develop). He said his daughter had just visited a few days before and she took a picture of his "hands" apparently this was just a day or two before I arrived....

I few years later someone I worked with came across phil’s site and saw that picture and was scoffing at me about it. I told him it was an instamatic camera so no 35mm tricks or photoshop (which was in its infancy at the time) wasn't possible. He said "oh ya! I'll show you." He came in a few days later with an instamatic camera he had. He partially pulled out the top sheet in the cartridge. Which then wrinkled up the light protective sheeting stuck on the first sheet - then took a picture. He waited a bit before pulling the picture out of the camera and blamo! - a very similar effect seen in that photo. He explained that if the protective cover is damaged or even just pulled off the top of the sheet(not broken) it starts the chemical reaction which develops the film and leaves the damaged part essentially "undeveloped " etc etc etc.

RE: personal accounts of invisibility and other sundry things

Story 1

Another time I was at Max's with my mom. Sshe was sitting beside me, everyone was milling around. My mom seemed pretty nervous so Max came over to her, quite close up and asked if she was okay, comfortable etc. She was a bit startled because he came around from behind her.... A few days later she tells me this story about how when Max came around and grabbed her by her shoulders that she saw this beautiful light shaped like a face. I was a bit concerned about this as I was sitting right beside her and that is definitely not what I saw. So I asked Max the next time we talked on the phone and he said in an bit of a confused tone that he didn't know what I was talking about. I believed him.... a couple weeks go by and my mom tells me how she told Max her story and that he said she was seeing "his true self - the teacher within"...

Now I have no problem with the idea of me "not being advanced enough" to see these things when they are right before my eyes.... HOWEVER

I have heard explanations of what happens when the body turns to light for Max and a few others - and I'm sure a few of you have read them her (I think Mantra posted it once). I've been told that "all the space between the 'sub-atomic particles' in the body collapses and the person is seen to 'shrink' away rapidly.... that there is a certain energetic vibration that is the 'glue' between all other vibrations and the bodies’ particles begin to resonate with this vibration until they become "unglued" etc etc etc....

None of these explanations account for an inability to see what is being explained as a physical occurrence, yet they are being explained AS a physical occurance.... after all this is why we are all so intrigued.... a spiritual power that will transform the physical body into pure light.... how can that not be visible physically.... so of course what follows is "it's not an explanation as much as a metaphor because this is the only way we know how to explain it".... if this is the case then this implies that it is not a power which has any effect on the physical world.

Story 2

I was with another teacher (nothing to do with Max of his cohorts) with a small group of students. Part of this system included invisibility as well - so there was hub-bub about just like this. So we were doing an exercise which took place fairly early in the morning... and in a forest. We all go out into the trees and find a spot and do the practice. So I do this then return to where everyone meets. And this one guy, a Colonel in the US Army is telling the teacher how he was doing the practice when another student came and sat in a spot fairly close behind him, like four feet away. when he was done his practice he turned around to look at the other student and saw this person start to disappear. The teacher had him tell the rest of the students but not single out the person he was referring to. So he went on about how parts and sections of the person’s body would fade out and in, in sort of globules until the person was gone altogether......

Well, I was there with a buddy, who a couple hours after this, came up to me and said the "Colonel" wanted me to know that I was the guy he was talking about. He thought it would be a good "result" for my practices. To me all I did was sit in the bush and do an awareness exercise.... I didn't fade into light or become "one with the universe" or feel like I was every and all blah blah blah... etc. The Colonel's and my experiences were two very different accounts of the same set of events.

Story 3....

or maybe

Story 4.... nah this is way too long already

Edited by -O-

But there are people who can coach your singing and teach you to play the guitar. Sure, depending on your natural level of skill it might be hard. But it can be done. There are sets of credentials that you can judge them by, and there are tried and true methods to learn to become a good singer.... or at least, better than you are singer. Everyone is up front about it. No one is hiding behind dogma. There's no secret to becoming a famous musician: practice, fail, practice, starve, practice, get side jobs, practice, fail, practice, fail....... WIN!

That's a good point Sloppy! Agreed!

So, I have a question for 'ya sloppy.... do you practice something? I'm not sure you do or don't, as I can't clearly remember you mentioning it before, but that just might be my failing memory.

If you don't maintain some form of qi-gong/meditation/yoga or occult practice then why not? I seem to feel you're always searching for a system but can't quite make up your mind which one to choose. I may be wrong in that.... as I said, my memory may be failing me.

It seems to me that it doesn't make too much difference where one starts, just as long as they start... they may end up in a completely different place/system at some point...but still, they started.

If you keep up any practice at some point you will begin to experience things... these things will prove themselves to you. So, let's say for example you're interested in telepathically speaking with someone, even without too much knowledge or practice you can send a simple message.... but you wouldn't necessarily pick up the reply unless you had through some form or meditation stilled the mind.

Come on Sloppy, let's stop window shopping and make a choice :lol::);)

Guest paul walter

From the -O- Files

Well I'm jumping in late in the game (ran out of popcorn )... but I have a few thoughts and stories to share...

Thankyou, this is all a good start to the debate. Of course noone seems to have tweaked about whether it is the viewer or the viewed who has the power to disappear things. Is it the eyes that can see the phenomena or the person that becomes the phenomena? Paul

• Like 1

Hey -O-, nice to see you around! I really like your posts :)

Good stories, and interesting thoughts.

The only thing I have to say is that calling something a "metaphor" just to cover your tracks because you made claims about physical processes which are easily verifiable but you won't, or you can't, verify them for other people is.... well, it's sketchy at best.

There are stories of people achieving rainbow body, and leaving behind just some finger nails or something. That is physical and that is verifiable. But since that's pretty rare, and you have to be there as it happens, well, I'm not holding my breath waiting for some explanation of it.

But I remember hearing claims that Max could go into rainbow body at any time, but just chose to stay here. Stories of Kan seem to get more and more fantastic over time as well. One story has a coffee cup passing through his hand as he spontaneously experiences something in a coffee place. That seems pretty physically verifiable! Unless that's a metaphor too?

See where I'm going?

I'm not against metaphorical descriptions just.... be clear when you are using a metaphor. Otherwise.... well, it's just sketchy. Why not be up front about what you can and cannot do? About what can and cannot be done with the methods? Or what has and hasn't been experienced by practitioners of those methods?

• Like 1