bindo

Gold Dragon Body Photos

Would have been nice to reveal this crucially relevant information in the first place. wink.gif

then there would be nothing to discussbiggrin.gif

O,

Do you mean that you see an issue with a large amount of people taken outside authority on subjects for granted instead of coming up with an individual opinion?

Isn't that easily fixed by doing your own research into a subject? Before going to the car dealership, it is possible to know much more about the sort of car you want than the seller, and if he tries to tell you an F150 isn't what you want and tries to drag you over to something else you can just walk away.. Just like in life! :P

O,

Do you mean that you see an issue with a large amount of people taken outside authority on subjects for granted instead of coming up with an individual opinion?

Isn't that easily fixed by doing your own research into a subject? Before going to the car dealership, it is possible to know much more about the sort of car you want than the seller, and if he tries to tell you an F150 isn't what you want and tries to drag you over to something else you can just walk away.. Just like in life! tongue.gif

I guess its the same as Chomsky's "independant thought".

I believe the Earth existed before I was around to form mental conditions and habits. I believe the earth was here before man was here to create it with habit energies. So the earth as a physical manifestation is to ignore that I was born to a world that existed prior to me becoming conscious of it. I have no indication in experience of awareness to believe differently.

I am not saying you are wrong nor that you statement is not applicable in allot of ways... but "past's manifestation's". "habit energies" etc. for me would be something that needs to be created (not revealed) for the sole purpose of interpreting the inner world as the only world and that is simply not what is occurring in awareness. And those creations would exist as long as the interpretation was held.... they exist in a particular part of the inner realm, reality that exist because of choice or consensus (for example money) which are asserted as physical objects, natural laws etc.

Okay - outer, physical reality of money is that it is paper with ink. Its intrinsic value as a physical object is nothing more than this. It has value to say... use to light a fire, or wipe your a@#... but we all know and live with the reality that money as a very different value. And that value exists and it is real, but it exists and is real in the realm of consensus. Whether I choose as an individual that money as no value does not change the reality of its role in society... on the other hand if society's consensus of the value of a currencey does change - then the value of it does, in reality change.

Similar to this there is a part of this inner reality that exist and is real simply because we choose to believe it this way. Its sole reality lies with our interpretation and as long as that interpretation is in place then it is real in our experience.... this is what we call "meaning". What an experience means to you is soly and entirely up to you. How you interpret an experience, and what impact that has on you lies totally within your sovereignty. No one else’s. The only caveat is when we exercise this aspect of reality in other areas where it is not applicable (like in the example of the person who chooses that money has no value).

This is what I mean about collapsing and misunderstanding one from the other.... and when teacher or therapist, or parent or friend has more influence (or authority) on how you interpret your life, or veto your view for their more "advanced" view is an invasion if what I believe to be our sacred sovereignty. A sovereignty that we are responsible for and need to care for and be totally responsible for - even if that means pushing back and being disrespectful to a teacher or lineage. There is far more at stake with this sovereignty then most are aware of... thus why I call it a rape.

Where is this Earth apart from your awareness?

But more importantly, where is this "you" that sees the Earth? Are you the Earth looking at the Earth?

Maybe, there is no Earth and there is no You, or maybe just Earth. Is it only habit-energies? Which you cannot find because you are that is the "finding"; a play of creation...

So the Jalus is a manifestation of the true nature of the physical reality: that it is only Mind. Non-graspable and unfindable. The Sutras say that this reality is a belief reality, constructed on imaginary boundaries.

But I think you are making this too complicated because you choose to draw the boundaries where there is none. -_- . Too many discriminations...breed more discriminations...

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Where is this Earth apart from your awareness? ...

Under his feet. And yours, and mine.

Subscribing to the concept that there is only non-dual is no less effectively ignoring half of the whole than ignoring the non-dual aspect would be.

Understanding the nature of the whole as being simultaneously both boundaried and unboundaried is not complicated, as long as one is open to the possibility.

warm regards

Under his feet. And yours, and mine.

Subscribing to the concept that there is only non-dual is no less effectively ignoring half of the whole than ignoring the non-dual aspect would be.

Understanding the nature of the whole as being simultaneously both boundaried and unboundaried is not complicated, as long as one is open to the possibility.

warm regards

Investigate deeper into the "knowing" of location and it will be difficult to ascertain a thing called Earth. You can do this both from the perspective of You, or from the Earth.

I think you're misunderstanding non-dualism with the opposite of dualism.

You shouldn't think of things as with boundaries or without boundaries. I'm not saying the Earth exists or doesn't exist, but that the frame of seeing things as either or both are contradictory and cannot be said with any certainty.

So I think your seeing them simultaneously is wrong. :P .

But this is just my belief and conclusions; do with them what you will as it fits into what makes you happy :lol: .

But more importantly, where is this "you" that sees the Earth? Are you the Earth looking at the Earth?

Maybe, there is no Earth and there is no You, or maybe just Earth. Is it only habit-energies? Which you cannot find because you are that is the "finding"; a play of creation...

So the Jalus is a manifestation of the true nature of the physical reality: that it is only Mind. Non-graspable and unfindable. The Sutras say that this reality is a belief reality, constructed on imaginary boundaries.

But I think you are making this too complicated because you choose to draw the boundaries where there is none. -_- . Too many discriminations...breed more discriminations...

Investigate deeper into the "knowing" of location and it will be difficult to ascertain a thing called Earth. You can do this both from the perspective of You, or from the Earth.

I think you're misunderstanding non-dualism with the opposite of dualism.

You shouldn't think of things as with boundaries or without boundaries. I'm not saying the Earth exists or doesn't exist, but that the frame of seeing things as either or both are contradictory and cannot be said with any certainty.

So I think your seeing them simultaneously is wrong. :P .

But this is just my belief and conclusions; do with them what you will as it fits into what makes you happy :lol: .

Make up your mind. :lol:

We each understand these things according to our own natures. That our perspectives are different is natural; I like that we each have our own way. (-:

warm regards

Thankyou, this is all a good start to the debate. Of course noone seems to have tweaked about whether it is the viewer or the viewed who has the power to disappear things. Is it the eyes that can see the phenomena or the person that becomes the phenomena? Paul

I was going to tweak about this but didn't really have time earlier.

Negative hallucinations, i.e., not seeing something that is there, can occur in hypnosis at stage 6 (profound somnambulism) on the Harry Arons depth scale as well as in similarly profound levels as measured by the Stanford (SHSS) and Harvard Group (HGSHS) scales. It's very common in demonstrational hypnosis and is has more to do with the subject's trance capacity than anything, as well as suggestion or expectation.

A stage or demonstrational hypnotist might make a volunteer unable to find their water or other object and may even think the hypnotist hid it somewhere even though it should be in plain view. It would be entirely feasible by definition for that hypnotist to make themselves or another person invisible for a time to that person. Im sure it's been done many times on stage, considering negative hallucinations are used frequently. Obviously a video or photographic evidence would rule this out.

I remain agnostic since I read Kan healed himself holding the ball. I believe Chunyi Lin once said holding the ball for 2 hours straight per day for 2 years will put someone "into the paranormal" whatever that means so who knows.

• Like 1

Make up your mind. :lol:

We each understand these things according to our own natures. That our perspectives are different is natural; I like that we each have our own way. (-:

warm regards

Ah I'm sorry. Language is tricky conveying these things.

When I say no boundaries, there is a difference in saying "no-boundary" and "no boundariness" whence no such thing as a boundary enters the mind. This is just experiential, and I don't think we should delve too deep into their logic.

My point was to say "it is" and "it isn't" or "dual" and "non-dual" is a mistaken way of perception. Understanding of one inevitably comes from the other, and so one's mind never escapes the trap of discrimination.

^_^

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Ah I'm sorry. Language is tricky conveying these things.

When I say no boundaries, there is a difference in saying "no-boundary" and "no boundariness" whence no such thing as a boundary enters the mind. This is just experiential, and I don't think we should delve too deep into their logic.

My point was to say "it is" and "it isn't" or "dual" and "non-dual" is a mistaken way of perception. Understanding of one inevitably comes from the other, and so one's mind never escapes the trap of discrimination.

^_^

Thanks for clarifying your ideas. ^_^

My path doesn't concern itself with 'mind'; instead finding only the usefulness or non-usefulness of this or that - and I find discrimination to be rather useful when deciding if that left-over salmon in the fridge is too far gone. :P:D

warmest regards

Thanks for clarifying your ideas. ^_^

My path doesn't concern itself with 'mind'; instead finding only the usefulness or non-usefulness of this or that - and I find discrimination to be rather useful when deciding if that left-over salmon in the fridge is too far gone. :P:D

warmest regards

Oops, I must clarify further. The discriminations of mind arise from habit. When I say that there shouldn't be discriminations, I mean that there shouldn't be descriminations as pertaining to a "self" or grasping onto those discriminations as being absolute (I think I'm falling into meaningless words here because they've been used too much). The mind and the body do not need your discrimnations because they are already well conditioned. The conditioning can play it self out very smoothley, although a rough ride at first, without "You" grasping onto anymore concepts. This is how one's karma plays out.

Actually, I find that the body's mind and body's function operate quite well without discrimination.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

I was going to tweak about this but didn't really have time earlier.

Negative hallucinations, i.e., not seeing something that is there, can occur in hypnosis at stage 6 (profound somnambulism) on the Harry Arons depth scale as well as in similarly profound levels as measured by the Stanford (SHSS) and Harvard Group (HGSHS) scales. It's very common in demonstrational hypnosis and is has more to do with the subject's trance capacity than anything, as well as suggestion or expectation.

A stage or demonstrational hypnotist might make a volunteer unable to find their water or other object and may even think the hypnotist hid it somewhere even though it should be in plain view. It would be entirely feasible by definition for that hypnotist to make themselves or another person invisible for a time to that person. Im sure it's been done many times on stage, considering negative hallucinations are used frequently. Obviously a video or photographic evidence would rule this out.

I remain agnostic since I read Kan healed himself holding the ball. I believe Chunyi Lin once said holding the ball for 2 hours straight per day for 2 years will put someone "into the paranormal" whatever that means so who knows.

and is has more to do with the subject's trance capacity than anything, as well as suggestion or expectation.

hum... this fits in well with the entire story I posted about the Colonel. There was an expectation established by the outline of the exercise... perhaps 'my invisiblity' was the result of HIS meditationunsure.gif

Edited by -O-

But I think you are making this too complicated because you choose to draw the boundaries where there is none. sleep.gif . Too many discriminations...breed more discriminations...

It is true that as understanding or awareness matures that it also simplifies (drops discriminations)... however your statement is making a discrimination on discriminations. IMHO it is placing

"everything" "all things" into one big mish-mash under one label called 'mind' or you.

The problem with that arguement is that I exist separate from your mind and visa versa. Unless of course you believe that I do not exist and I am a result of your habit energies.... this is only a statement regarding the subjectivity of perception and calling it the "truth of physical reality".

..and if I am wrong then this is not a message from -o-, the really real person - but a construction of your own self, which then begs the question "why would you disagree with yourself?". I guess that answer could be "you're not entirely correct" and I am the habit energy of you revealing this reality to you.

Edited by -O-
  • Like 1

I have had two Skype sessions with Sifu Max, and my friend had one as well. We both tried to record the Skype sessions, not in order to distribute it, just so we could revisit the conversation and learn from it... it's hard to remember that much information, the hour goes by so quickly. Anyways, the recordings failed every time for both of us. My friends computer completely fried, it was unusable after. When I tried it the first time I tested it out before and everything was working, but when I later opened the video it was simply missing. Only the audio was there. I tried it again with different software recently and again tested it right before. Well I had this strange dream the night before the Skype that the recording wouldn't work and I turned my webcam off in my dream. When I started the Skype with Max my webcam just wouldn't turn on, which has never happened before, and again the software I had just tested failed after 5 minutes of recording right before he showed me a bunch of amazing pictures that are not online.

Interesting stuff. Obviously could be coincidence, but I've experienced weirder things in my life. Anyways, the point is it is helpful to be able to entertain two sides of an argument, even if you are absolutely sure of the truth. So, you've all had plenty of practice with the argument that he is a fake, but why not try the opposite perspective just for fun. Imagine he actually was a master, and that all of these things were possible. Imagine he has experienced his own body as well as Dianas and Kans bodies disappearing. So he knows it is real. Now, what if they don't know much about cameras... and they take a photo with long exposure and their body looks transparent. It wouldn't be difficult for them to think the photos are just capturing what they have seen before. Not saying this is the case, but it is a middle ground between the photos being real or the photos being purposely faked in order to deceive.

Also, I am a graphic designer and use Photoshop all the time. The photos were not edited in any major way, except perhaps some increased contrast and brightness adjustments. But again, these photos are nothing compared to more recent ones. Just go pay a small amount, meet him and his wife in person, and do the practices. What's the worst that could happen? They are incredibly kind and fun people.

I have been practicing Kunlun and Red Phoenix for almost two years now. They are wonderful practices. One of you mentioned that they gave you nightmares... well a laxative makes you poop, but would you rather it inside or outside you XD . Meditation heals in many different ways, unfortunately some of them are not pleasant. In the beginning of my training I also got very sick, and it was a result of me holding on too much to what the meditation was trying to release from my body and mind. Panic attacks, fever, chronic type ailments... went to the doctor a few times and they said there was nothing wrong. Also had the nightmares, sleepless nights etc. It can be scary, which is why it's good to have good friends and teachers on the path.

That being said, some problems that can occur from meditation is from the energy getting stuck in parts of your body, especially the head and brain. This can be serious. Make sure you are bringing the energy back down after every practice and spend at least five minutes with your hands over your navel with a light relaxed awareness on that area of your lower dan tien. Allow the energy to flow back down from your head and other parts of your body into this center. Many problems can be avoided by remembering this. If your practice is giving you panic, ringing in the ears, heat in the head or insomnia make sure you do this. If focusing on the navel doesn't help try first focusing on the ming men point on the lower back. It is the point directly opposite of the navel. This point regulates the energy going up and down the spine and is like a release valve that will make sure you dont have too much energetic pressure in any part of your body. Focus here, then focus on the navel or lower dan tien.

Just some thoughts. Make sure you keep up with your own studies, practice and explore. Questioning is good, but don't let yourself get sucked down into cynicism and over critical states of mind. Open up, have fun, and whatever you are practicing.. give it your all while you are doing it. 99% of your success depends on your mental state and has nothing to do with your lineage or practice anyways.

Hope this helps,

Phosphorose

Edited by Phosphorose
  • Like 2