John Zen

Kundalini

Here's Jim Marion "debating" Phillip St. Romain about nondualism in Christianity -- pretty interesting:

http://shalomplace.com/res/psr-marion.pdf

whoever is interested in a Christian mystical pov I would first and foremost suggest the modern writer Jim Marion ; his book "Putting on the Mind of Christ" is incredible, as he was a Christian monk who had Kundalini experiences but went beyond that to seeing God everywhere as a completely non-dual state (the goal of Kundalini you could say), al though I hate to use the word "state" you can say he has full realization of the Absolute, which always is and always was, while also perceiving the relative level as well, i.e. through the human dualistic mode. He talked about Kundalini as subtle energies that purify the body of negativities and related the experiences to the Dark Night of the Soul, the K energy is cleaning you out so you experience your darkest fears and pent up anger, all those emotions deep in the unconscious comes forth to be cleansed. He recommends to simply surrender during this process and keep practicing.

though he doesn't mention how he specifically kept moving, which practices. probably just prayer. concentration is the necessity really... the object is all up to you. external (candle), or internal (breath, mantra, prayer).

concentration will awaken kundalini and concentration will get you through.

There was a previous thread where I laid out in at least a couple of pages what I was taught about kundalini and the chakras. It was thread where Santiago and myself were bantering back and forth on this exact subject. I went looking for the thread and couldn't find it.

For curious readers:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=8418

It's long, so you might want to just do a CTRL+F for "fiveelementtao"

I always enjoy reading your perspective on this matter fiveelementtao.

Edited by Creation

Nicely said, Trunk. It feels like a constant glowing awareness. Sitting in my heart chakra at the moment.

As far as I know, Qi and Prana are the same things, just named differently.

In my eyes, Kundalini is the circulating Qi, or the rising Prana, that can be detected either subtly, or as an "internal volcano erupting up the spine". The more intense the experience, the more enlightened the practitioner is/becomes.

What do you think? Has anyone had a Kundalini awakening on this board? If so, am I close to the mark?

For Kundalini - you got to loose the religion.

Religions are beliefs AKA: insainity of groundless thinking.

As the Chakras open you got to see them as they are: energy blockages opening.

The Kundalini opening can only be compared to: DC electrical current transforming into AC.

With DC, your body parts recieves the energy in a flow pattern - in AC, your body and mind are one.

Get the book and follow the directions: THE FIVE TIBETANS by Christopher Kilham -

probably it is in the school or city library.

Practice Kundalini in the morning as it raises energy - Savasana at night as it lowers energy.

Savasana is here: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=11802

Edited by ~jK~

The ego in this place is amazing. I'm trying hard to be an egotistical ass but most people here do it so naturally. I guess I need to learn some more systems. Get some teacher training and perhaps a few more Reiki master certificates.

As far as I know, Qi and Prana are the same things, just named differently.

In my eyes, Kundalini is the circulating Qi, or the rising Prana, that can be detected either subtly, or as an "internal volcano erupting up the spine". The more intense the experience, the more enlightened the practitioner is/becomes.

What do you think? Has anyone had a Kundalini awakening on this board? If so, am I close to the mark?

My kundalini is awake and maturely developed. If we say intensity is a measure of enlightenment then I would have to be the most enlightened person on the planet. Based on experience I would say intensity is based on how much clearing the kundalini has to do through the body which determines the intensity. A lot of crap in the body/mind/spirit means a lot of fuel for the fire so a lot of dramatic experiences.

My awakening was explosive, fiery hot, dramatic, and orgasmic. My friend, a Xing Yi master, told me that if I was his student and my kundalini awoke like that he would have been ashamed and lost face. Why? Because the Chinese don't do crazy. In yogic or chinese cultivation practices it takes three years to have an awakened kundalini. That is because you do the process slowly and the practices eventually clear all the crap out of your system so you can have a non dramatic awakening.

Being a shallow American I like fast and quick and full on pleasure so I have no complaints with the way my K process happened or unfolded.

Experiences are just experiences. Intensity is not a measure of enlightenment. A better measure is what's different about the practitioner now? IMO, kundalini awakening is a cross cultural phenomenon, manifested in all the great sprititual traditions most often hidden in occult language. Such knowledge was/is available to only the higher levels...the priesthood, the popes, etc. Why? because walking the kundalini path is opening the door to true Power. Don't want that in the hands of the masses. Why they might get empowered and no longer be satisfied with being sheeple.

When your kundalini awakes this is the new birth. You become a new person. It's a brand new life. As the Christians say, "old things pass away, all things become new." If you are not different then your k is not in gear.

In non Christian terms, kundalini development heals the split in the body/mind/spirit/matrix. The result is one begins to walk in spontaneous concert with the Tao not living life in reaction. Kundalini creates Alphas out of betas or even zetas. It's the warrior lightening path and not for the faint of heart.

Kundalini, chi or prana, are energy. That's about the only similarity between the two categories.

My kundalini is awake and maturely developed. If we say intensity is a measure of enlightenment then I would have to be the most enlightened person on the planet. Based on experience I would say intensity is based on how much clearing the kundalini has to do through the body which determines the intensity. A lot of crap in the body/mind/spirit means a lot of fuel for the fire so a lot of dramatic experiences.

My awakening was explosive, fiery hot, dramatic, and orgasmic. My friend, a Xing Yi master, told me that if I was his student and my kundalini awoke like that he would have been ashamed and lost face. Why? Because the Chinese don't do crazy. In yogic or chinese cultivation practices it takes three years to have an awakened kundalini. That is because you do the process slowly and the practices eventually clear all the crap out of your system so you can have a non dramatic awakening.

Being a shallow American I like fast and quick and full on pleasure so I have no complaints with the way my K process happened or unfolded.

Experiences are just experiences. Intensity is not a measure of enlightenment. A better measure is what's different about the practitioner now? IMO, kundalini awakening is a cross cultural phenomenon, manifested in all the great sprititual traditions most often hidden in occult language. Such knowledge was/is available to only the higher levels...the priesthood, the popes, etc. Why? because walking the kundalini path is opening the door to true Power. Don't want that in the hands of the masses. Why they might get empowered and no longer be satisfied with being sheeple.

When your kundalini awakes this is the new birth. You become a new person. It's a brand new life. As the Christians say, "old things pass away, all things become new." If you are not different then your k is not in gear.

In non Christian terms, kundalini development heals the split in the body/mind/spirit/matrix. The result is one begins to walk in spontaneous concert with the Tao not living life in reaction. Kundalini creates Alphas out of betas or even zetas. It's the warrior lightening path and not for the faint of heart.

Kundalini, chi or prana, are energy. That's about the only similarity between the two categories.

:lol::lol::lol:

Reading your posts is like touching 1,000,000 Volt naked copper wire

How do you get so much energy? Do you tap into the Universe?

What I don't understand is this:

How do you know it's Kundalini/How do you know your Kundalini is awakening/How do you know what you are experiencing is a Kundalini Awakening?

It seems like everyone says "You'll know if it's Kundalini", but at the same time, many people have different definitions of Kundalini, or rather what the experience is.

How do you know it's Kundalini/How do you know your Kundalini is awakening/How do you know what you are experiencing is a Kundalini Awakening?

It seems like everyone says "You'll know if it's Kundalini", but at the same time, many people have different definitions of Kundalini, or rather what the experience is.

I think once it actually happens it is so powerful you will no. NOt a grenade but a nuclear bomb you know. An if you read around about various peoples experiences it is not that hard to get the picture. Read pathnotes by glenn morris or some of his descriptions online for example. THere are plenty of others too. I think smaller "teasers" can be more difficult to discern but even then there is a certain electricity and power and innate intelligence to the energy that can make you presume they are kundalini "precum" :lol:

I'm trying to infuse breath and push the energy from my solar plexus to my root. I seem to be feeling some light electricity and shocks throughout my nervous system as a result. Kundalini "precum"? lol

Glenn used to say, "there are no partial kundalini awakenings." It can be difficult to discern unless your assessment skills are pretty acute.

Think about pregnancy. You either are or you are not. There are times when you might think you are but you are not sure until you start showing or feel the "quickening" i.e. the baby moves. Or you can get a test done that shows pregnancy hormones within about 3 days post conception.

Kundalini as a science is not that precise. Most of it will be subjective but like pregnancy you either are or you are not.

Sure, many people will have different definitions or experiences of what kundalini is but what is the quality of the report or source? Who you going to trust? Why not trust the people who have gone through the process rather those that may be speculating or just relying on the reports of others. There is far more misinformation out there than what is so. Glenn, myself, Santi and others have empirical experience with kundalini. We know what we are talking about.

So there are many signs and symptoms of genuine kundalini awakening but a lot of people will argue with me over them. I really don't care anymore if they do. For me it is settled. It is or it isn't.

Yours is not. I can see from here. You have a slight slender faint light extending through out your spine from your base to your mid back. If your k was awakening it would look like so bright and shining I would not be able to look at it comfortably. I would also be able to feel it which has many qualities. I do not feel anything that I would consider kundalini related.

When kundalini awakens you are changed. When kundalini awakens you would not feel the need to ask these questions because you KNOW. When your kundalini awakens other members of the kundalini tribe will KNOW because they can feel/see you shine. Life becomes extraordinary in many different ways.

How do you explain a kiss to someone who has never been kissed? :lol: What good is it to intellectualize or debate the kiss? Just do and find out for yourself.

This is why you read Santi writing over and over again, "Just do."

Awakening kundalini is simple. Easy? Well, that might be another story totally dependent on the individual's personal practice and what they bring to the table.

question for shaktimama..

when you say kundalini awaking.. are you referring to the kundalini potential being awoken, i.e. the lower chakra being full and bubbly, so to speak, and feeling some warmth beginning to rise? or are you referring to the kundalini energy having fully risen up to the crown chakra, to that column being fully open? it was my understanding that these two things are not the same, and that furthermore, people who have had a full kundalini rise are few and far between. it seems that these two things are getting mixed into one in several conversations on this forum.

you said in another thread, i believe, that kundalini awakening is not rare, it happens to people somewhat regularly, people have an accident, a woman gives birth, or another physical event causes this energy to bubble. this does not mean that this person has actually fully "awakened" their kundalini potential and that their chakras are open, etc etc.

i would like for you to expand on this please.

Glenn used to say, "there are no partial kundalini awakenings." It can be difficult to discern unless your assessment skills are pretty acute.

Think about pregnancy. You either are or you are not. There are times when you might think you are but you are not sure until you start showing or feel the "quickening" i.e. the baby moves. Or you can get a test done that shows pregnancy hormones within about 3 days post conception.

Kundalini as a science is not that precise. Most of it will be subjective but like pregnancy you either are or you are not.

Sure, many people will have different definitions or experiences of what kundalini is but what is the quality of the report or source? Who you going to trust? Why not trust the people who have gone through the process rather those that may be speculating or just relying on the reports of others. There is far more misinformation out there than what is so. Glenn, myself, Santi and others have empirical experience with kundalini. We know what we are talking about.

So there are many signs and symptoms of genuine kundalini awakening but a lot of people will argue with me over them. I really don't care anymore if they do. For me it is settled. It is or it isn't.

Yours is not. I can see from here. You have a slight slender faint light extending through out your spine from your base to your mid back. If your k was awakening it would look like so bright and shining I would not be able to look at it comfortably. I would also be able to feel it which has many qualities. I do not feel anything that I would consider kundalini related.

When kundalini awakens you are changed. When kundalini awakens you would not feel the need to ask these questions because you KNOW. When your kundalini awakens other members of the kundalini tribe will KNOW because they can feel/see you shine. Life becomes extraordinary in many different ways.

How do you explain a kiss to someone who has never been kissed? :lol: What good is it to intellectualize or debate the kiss? Just do and find out for yourself.

This is why you read Santi writing over and over again, "Just do."

Awakening kundalini is simple. Easy? Well, that might be another story totally dependent on the individual's personal practice and what they bring to the table.

this is also why i dont speak much about it.

there i only 1 way to find out if its "real" or if so & so have it.

Just Do.

I'm trying to infuse breath and push the energy from my solar plexus to my root. I seem to be feeling some light electricity and shocks throughout my nervous system as a result. Kundalini "precum"? lol

hmm careful you dont get hemroids

:lol::lol::lol:

Reading your posts is like touching 1,000,000 Volt naked copper wire

How do you get so much energy? Do you tap into the Universe?

That, my friend, is a signifier of mature kundalini development. If your kundalini teacher has no juice (energy), back away. It's probably all bullshit you will hear from them.

There is a lot of crap out there. But if your teacher doesnt fry you, give you bliss, make you feel loved, make you laugh out loud, threaten your entrenched belief system, enhance your own personal energy field, give you transmission when you read their words or look at their picture when you tune in they ain't the real deal. Authentic is about the juice not about the words.

In more understandable terms:

Your body is the nexus point between heaven and earth, between the immaterial and the material. It is the taiji pole, the sushumna, the central channel that connects heaven and earth. Once that pole is clear it begins to widen. Eventually that pole widens so much it's circumference is wider than the body. I can widen and constrict the size of that pole at will. And just like any plumbing, the wider it is the more voltage flows through. The more voltage the more alchemical transformation happens. The energy exchange between heaven and earth becomes constant and automatic.

Your body is a crucible of alchemical transformation. We are constantly on a cellular level transforming the immaterial to the material, the dense to the less dense all the time. Hopefully, one's practice will take you from the cellular to the global level. The kundalini lightening path does this over time.

Eventually, to make a long story short, you become One with All That IS and you know it like you know the sun is going to rise in the east and set in the west. What happens is your life becomes a spontaneous expression of being one with the Tao. You start becoming a natural human being one who lives in tune with Nature and not in reaction.

Am I perfect? Hell no. Am I enlightened? Even a bigger hell no. Personally, I think enlightenment is a cultural myth. What I do know is I know who I am and I know why I am here as best I can with my limited awareness. I do know that I am only a beginner on the path. I do know the more I know the less I really now. I am nothing.

This is why Santi and I teach about kundaini for individual and global benefit.

My individual practice is be fat, be intemperate, not too much meditation, not too much qigong, wild sex when I can get it. Oh, and deep surrender to the bliss of Shakti, the heart of the Divine. Why is that? Because once Kundalini is awake and running all rules go out the window.

Hope that helps.

Love and blessings,

Susan

question for shaktimama..

when you say kundalini awaking.. are you referring to the kundalini potential being awoken, i.e. the lower chakra being full and bubbly, so to speak, and feeling some warmth beginning to rise? or are you referring to the kundalini energy having fully risen up to the crown chakra, to that column being fully open? it was my understanding that these two things are not the same, and that furthermore, people who have had a full kundalini rise are few and far between. it seems that these two things are getting mixed into one in several conversations on this forum.

you said in another thread, i believe, that kundalini awakening is not rare, it happens to people somewhat regularly, people have an accident, a woman gives birth, or another physical event causes this energy to bubble. this does not mean that this person has actually fully "awakened" their kundalini potential and that their chakras are open, etc etc.

i would like for you to expand on this please.

Opinions vary and I get confused myself some times. Yes the kundalini can start awakening and that refers to to those instances above. It can be messy trying to untangle the arguments, define terms. I just gave up trying to do so cause it is difficult if not impossible to box the kundalini into specifice parameters.

To be blunt, the differences are really only important to those who are trying to awaken or understand kundalini development when there is no kundalini awakening going on.

Kundalini development is a lifetime process...always new levels to explore and experience. I am forever the learner and initiate. Can one put a cap on the Tao or the Divine?

Once the kundalini rises up the back, up through the crown, comes down the front and anchors into the earth and the fills the body right down to the marrow, then I would call that an authentic kundalini awakening.

Maybe it is better to use the terms immature and mature. Kundalini development follows similar to human growth and development with behaviors and characteristics that are peculiar to each phase.

There is a conception and a gestation phase, there is birth, then infancy, then toddlerhood, childhood, teenager years, young adult, middle adult, old adult and very old adult. Kundalini is all about becoming the human being we were designed to be, in a natural concert with All That IS, so I am not surprised that it does follow this kind of development.

Using that paradigm makes it easier to categorize to me. I would say many of Santi and my students are in the toddler hood to young adult stage. It also helps me help them because some of the identity and development problems are the same as non kundalini people as they grow.

There aren't many elders out there that's for sure. Lot of the babies and little kids though. Sometimes I feel like Grandma sitting on the porch in my rocking chair watching the children play. I would love to have more elders join me on the porch. It is slowly starting to happen.

All your chakras are always open. If they weren't open you would be dead. There are various degrees of opening. Same way with kundalini. There is a physiological kundalini that keeps the body running or you would be dead. But there is also a spiritual, evolutionary kundalini that resides in the body. Sometimes it opens naturally, sometimes with trauma, sometimes with instruction, and sometimes with Shaktipat. Generally it is some kind of combination of all those factors.

hope that helps with Kundalini 101 :D

That, my friend, is a signifier of mature kundalini development. If your kundalini teacher has no juice (energy), back away. It's probably all bullshit you will hear from them.

There is a lot of crap out there. But if your teacher doesnt fry you, give you bliss, make you feel loved, make you laugh out loud, threaten your entrenched belief system, enhance your own personal energy field, give you transmission when you read their words or look at their picture when you tune in they ain't the real deal. Authentic is about the juice not about the words.

In more understandable terms:

Your body is the nexus point between heaven and earth, between the immaterial and the material. It is the taiji pole, the sushumna, the central channel that connects heaven and earth. Once that pole is clear it begins to widen. Eventually that pole widens so much it's circumference is wider than the body. I can widen and constrict the size of that pole at will. And just like any plumbing, the wider it is the more voltage flows through. The more voltage the more alchemical transformation happens. The energy exchange between heaven and earth becomes constant and automatic.

Your body is a crucible of alchemical transformation. We are constantly on a cellular level transforming the immaterial to the material, the dense to the less dense all the time. Hopefully, one's practice will take you from the cellular to the global level. The kundalini lightening path does this over time.

Eventually, to make a long story short, you become One with All That IS and you know it like you know the sun is going to rise in the east and set in the west. What happens is your life becomes a spontaneous expression of being one with the Tao. You start becoming a natural human being one who lives in tune with Nature and not in reaction.

Am I perfect? Hell no. Am I enlightened? Even a bigger hell no. Personally, I think enlightenment is a cultural myth. What I do know is I know who I am and I know why I am here as best I can with my limited awareness. I do know that I am only a beginner on the path. I do know the more I know the less I really now. I am nothing.

This is why Santi and I teach about kundaini for individual and global benefit.

My individual practice is be fat, be intemperate, not too much meditation, not too much qigong, wild sex when I can get it. Oh, and deep surrender to the bliss of Shakti, the heart of the Divine. Why is that? Because once Kundalini is awake and running all rules go out the window.

Hope that helps.

Love and blessings,

Susan

Nice post Susan -

Wishing you success and fulfillment in your unique and joyous practice.

_/\_

This is really interesting, because I think in my case the auto accident came after a long period of study of the Tao te Ching - but also combined with a conscious walking of the 12 steps of recovery. I'd been reading the Tao, every morning, for 20 years at the time of the accident - several different translations. I have meditated regularly forever and I practice yoga moderately (nothing specifically oriented to rising K). All in all, I think it came in a balanced alignment, and phenomenally, the same is true of my husband. At the time of the car accident, he had 17 years of walking the AA walk,and he was years along the Castaneda path.

Perhaps in some way the inner work required to catalyze the internal alchemy required for the kundalini experience is actually reflected in the working of the 12 steps. As mundane as this must certainly sound to those with exotic practices, the simple fact is that doing a fearless and thorough moral inventory (step 4), giving the results of that inventory to another human being (step 5) and then doing the step that requires that you make amends to every person you've ever harmed in your life (I can't remember which one that is) really kicks inner ass. If there is any shred of ego left, it's on the floor. Where we are standing right now seems to be a room where all paths meet...

Before KUNDALINI = MAN

After KUNDALINI = HU MAN

As Glenn Morris said most people are "BRICKS"

very good. <_< lol

Guest paul walter

.Am I perfect? Hell no. Am I enlightened? Even a bigger hell no. Personally, I think enlightenment is a cultural myth. What I do know is I know who I am and I know why I am here as best I can with my limited awareness. I do know that I am only a beginner on the path. I do know the more I know the less I really now. I am nothing.

.My individual practice is be fat, be intemperate, not too much meditation, not too much qigong, wild sex when I can get it. Oh, and deep surrender to the bliss of Shakti, the heart of the Divine. Why is that? Because once Kundalini is awake and running all rules go out the window.

Hope that helps.

Love and blessings,

Susan

You forgot to mention "not too much humility"

Susan-Just wanted to say how damn cool it is that you are a Registered Nurse. As I will be this May!

Finding out that K can be awakened by trauma explains one thing-one of my teachers (an RN) can captivate the whole class with her presence. I swear, she has read my thoughts. I've never been in the presence of anyone like her-she has seriously said the exact words I was thinking on several occasions-often suddenly looking right at me as she says it. She was hit by a truck or something really serious as a little girl. Any advice on how I could approach her or ask her about this ability?

As for those who discredit you and Santi, the more I read their posts, the more I am reminded of spoiled kids that want to be handed everything yet wont do the work.

They want something free, yet wont put forth the (minimal) effort to tune in to the FREE global Shakti sessions.

I have been present for 2 of them, and as I've said before, I felt more and stronger sensations with the meditation & breathing exercises with you 2 than ever on my own. Like, x 10 more powerful. And afterward, I've felt more...not sure how to put it... freed up blockages and freed up emotions-than I thought possible. I have gotten so calloused from many life experiences that I had forgotten what it felt like to have a hearty laugh, or feel another's feelings. But I have felt freed up after those free Shaktipat sessions. I also have become aware of areas of my body that I previously wasn't able to feel.

I really did not believe it was possible to get any energy or benefit or healing from an online session, but I tuned in with an opened mind and have been convinced.

Thanks for everything,

Nate

BIOLOGYOFKUNDALINI.COM

For Kundalini - you got to loose the religion.

Religions are beliefs AKA: insainity of groundless thinking.

As the Chakras open you got to see them as they are: energy blockages opening.

The Kundalini opening can only be compared to: DC electrical current transforming into AC.

With DC, your body parts recieves the energy in a flow pattern - in AC, your body and mind are one.

Get the book and follow the directions: THE FIVE TIBETANS by Christopher Kilham -

probably it is in the school or city library.

Practice Kundalini in the morning as it raises energy - Savasana at night as it lowers energy.

Savasana is here: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=11802

how do you practice kundalini? Do you mean KAP techniques?