and fruits

pick and eat the fruit

its what the plant wants

spit the seed out somewhere else

true love is to appreciate

yet also let another to fulfill their purpose

- Nungalio

• Like 2

“That's how we slide, and while we slide we blame the world's problems on colonialism, imperialism, capitalism, corporatism, stupid white men, and America, but there's no need to make a brand name of blame. Individual self-interest: that's the source of our descent, and it doesn't start in the boardrooms or the war rooms either. It starts in the home.”   

"There are men put on this earth to make laws designed to break the spirits of men. There are those put here to have their spirits broken by those put here to break them. Then there are those who are here to break the laws that break the men who break the spirits of other men. I am one of those men." 

both quotes by Steve Toltz

Edited by C T
  • Like 3

"Power is nothing without control" Pirelli

It sounds -for once- better in french, "Sans maîtrise la puissance n'est rien."  
  • Like 1

"thank you"

enjoying restorative pose very calming

resting on the floor-I see a dove again peering over the gutter outside.

hesitant for music today-

but a song comes to me-

perfectly-as I google searched the song it came up

from universal mother- SO

a ballerina in white dancing in the middle with  blue circle surrounding  her,

behind her inside the circle more abstract looks like a tsunami wave with three circles in it...

how cool is that?

I dig it.

thank you

Ah women,they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent- nietszche

An intellectual is a someone who can think of one thing more interesting then sex - Aldous huxley

• Like 1

"For me the moment of death will be a moment of jubilation, not of fear. I cried when I was born and I shall die laughing."

I'm currently reading 'I Am That' by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, I may well be posting more from this book in the future :)

• Like 2

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity.”

― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

I have found both freedom and safety in my madness; the freedom of solitude and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. ~kahlil gabran

Your children are not your children.
They are sons and daughters of Life's, longing for itself.
They come through you but not for you.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you. ~kahlil gabran

• Like 3

1) Turkey and the Ant 

- By A. Gay

"Ere you remark another's sin,

Bid thy own conscience, look within;

Control thy more voracious bill,

Nor for breakfast nations kill."

2) Pineapple and the Bee

- By William Cowper

"Those whom the truth and wisdom lead,

Can gather honey from a weed".

3) Hamlet

- By William Shakespeare

"This above all: to thine own self be true,

And it must follow as night the day,

Thou cans't not then be false to any man".

4) Famous Quote from Josh Billings:

"The trouble with most folks is not so much their ignorance, but their knowing many things which ain't so".

• Like 3

From member Aetherous:

As cultivators, we are supposed to cultivate who we want to become, what we think we should be like, etc, primarily. A practice that opens you up, kind of obliterates your sense of self, that's no longer my path. Some practices destroy things, some build things. What we focus on in life, we increase.

• Like 4

"We are a blinded race. We live only on the surface, only in the present, and think only of tomorrow. We deal roughly with the past in that we do not accept the dead. We want to work only with visible success. Above all we want to be paid. We would consider it insane to do hidden work that does not visibly serve men. There is no doubt that the necessity of life forced us to prefer only those fruits one can taste. But who suffers more from the tempting and misleading influence of the dead than those who have gone wholly missing on the surface of the world?  

There is one necessary but hidden and strange work - a major work - which you must do in secret, for the sake of the dead. He who cannot attain his own visible field and vineyard is held fast by the dead, who demand the work of atonement from him. And until he has fulfilled this, he cannot get to his outer work, since the dead do not let him. He shall have to search his soul and act in stillness at their behest and complete the mystery. Do not look forward so much, but back and into yourself, so that you will not fail to hear the dead."

- Jung

• Like 2

“Never mistake my silence, as ignorance I'll speak on it when I'm ready. Never mistake my calmness, as acceptance, I'll deal with it in due time. Never mistake my kindness as weakness my scars are proof that I'm a survivor not a victim, but most of all, never mistake that because I chose to ignore, that I was blind, even a fool knows snakes in the grass only move when found out and I want everyone to see you first”

• Like 2

Therefore the ancients said that after Adam had eaten the apple, the tree of paradise withered. Your life needs the dark. But if you know that it is evil, you can no longer accept it and you suffer anguish and you do not know why: Nor can you accept it as evil, else your good will reject you. Nor can you deny it since you know good and evil. Because of this the knowledge of good and evil was an insurmountable curse.

But if you return to primal chaos and if you feel and recognize that which hangs stretched between the two unbearable poles of fire, you will notice that you can no longer separate good and evil conclusively, neither through feeling nor through knowledge, but that you can discern the direction of growth only from below to above. You thus forget the distinction between good and evil, and you no longer know it as long as your tree grows from below to above. But as soon as growth stops, what was united in growth falls apart and once more you recognize good and evil. You can never deny your knowledge of good and evil to yourself so that you could betray your good in order to live evil. For as soon as you separate good and evil, you recognize them. They are united only in growth. 

But you grow if you stand still in the greatest doubt, and therefore steadfastness in great doubt is a veritable flower of life.

- Jung

• Like 1

I do not say that democracy has been more pernicious on the whole, and in the long run, than monarchy or aristocracy. Democracy has never been and never can be so durable as aristocracy or monarchy; but while it lasts, it is more bloody than either. … Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide. It is in vain to say that democracy is less vain, less proud, less selfish, less ambitious, or less avaricious than aristocracy or monarchy. It is not true, in fact, and nowhere appears in history. Those passions are the same in all men, under all forms of simple government, and when unchecked, produce the same effects of fraud, violence, and cruelty. When clear prospects are opened before vanity, pride, avarice, or ambition, for their easy gratification, it is hard for the most considerate philosophers and the most conscientious moralists to resist the temptation. Individuals have conquered themselves. Nations and large bodies of men, never.

-John Adams, letter to John Taylor (15 April 1814)

• Like 2

I do not say that democracy has been more pernicious on the whole, and in the long run, than monarchy or aristocracy. Democracy has never been and never can be so durable as aristocracy or monarchy; but while it lasts, it is more bloody than either. … Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide. It is in vain to say that democracy is less vain, less proud, less selfish, less ambitious, or less avaricious than aristocracy or monarchy. It is not true, in fact, and nowhere appears in history. Those passions are the same in all men, under all forms of simple government, and when unchecked, produce the same effects of fraud, violence, and cruelty. When clear prospects are opened before vanity, pride, avarice, or ambition, for their easy gratification, it is hard for the most considerate philosophers and the most conscientious moralists to resist the temptation. Individuals have conquered themselves. Nations and large bodies of men, never.

-John Adams, letter to John Taylor (15 April 1814)

I believe he was writing that with the French revolution in mind.  Which turned bloody awfully fast.  At the time there wasn't much practical history on Democracy.  We've had another 152 years of data and democracies have imo, proven themselves better then dictatorship/monarchs.   John Adam's wasn't the sanest president we've ever had, he also rallied against and outlawed Free Speech with the Sedition Act of 1798. 

• Like 1

I believe he was writing that with the French revolution in mind.  Which turned bloody awfully fast.  At the time there wasn't much practical history on Democracy.  We've had another 152 years of data and democracies have imo, proven themselves better then dictatorship/monarchs.   John Adam's wasn't the sanest president we've ever had, he also rallied against and outlawed Free Speech with the Sedition Act of 1798. 

Personally, I think this one is more apropos:

"It comes from a very ancient democracy, you see...."

"You mean, it comes from a world of lizards?"

"No," said Ford, who by this time was a little more rational and coherent than he had been, having finally had the coffee forced down him, "nothing so simple. Nothing anything like so straightforward. On its world, the people are people. The leaders are lizards. The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."

"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."

"I did," said Ford. "It is."

"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"

"It honestly doesn't occur to them," said Ford. "They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates to the government they want."

"You mean they actually vote for the lizards?"

"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."

"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"

"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard," said Ford, "the wrong lizard might get in."

-Douglas Adams, in So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish (1984) Ch. 36

• Like 5