GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

Could you elaborate on this? :-)

Again?  Sure.

I have all too often seen the word "love" used as a means of controlling another person.

I have all too often seen someone expressing the concept of love and then they stab their loved-one in the back.  That even happens in bloodline members.

I love you (as long as you keep giving me what I want).

• Like 2

Real love is unconditional, and I think it's unconditional love what Trine is talking about

• Like 1

Real love is unconditional, and I think it's unconditional love what Trine is talking about

Yeah, I've been in such discussions before.  Perhaps one day I can lighten up on that word.

• Like 1

Here is something that cause me to think:

"Once you've known unfragmented love, pure positive judgment, you know death is of no concern. Whatever really matters is beyond the strain of moment upon moment - it pervades the ground of everything, and is always the final consequence. Nihilism is little else than impotence before such love."

I could actually accept the usage of the word "love" from this perspective.  It's not exactly like the concept of "unconditional love" and I think it actually goes beyond that concept.

I asked the person if they would consider developing that thought further.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 2

I have always seen unconditional love like that, "unfragmented, pure positive judgement", maybe even no judgement at all. 

I personally got a glimmer of that some years ago, when I had some kind of awakening and got in a state where I realized that everything in the universe, including me, is just perfect how and where it is at the moment. The feeling though was beyond words, but if i would categorize it I would say, that "love" and "being loved" were the closest feelings to compare it. 

I am just at the beginning of my spiritual journey now, but this is what I, at this time, understand of this feeling of unconditional love.

Edited by phil48
  • Like 1

The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.

F Nietzsche

• Like 1

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."

--- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"When you are comfortable on your path, it doesn’t matter where it leads."

---Abraham

Edited by phil48
  • Like 1

Oh these are all but reductionist words!

I like the quote and I have been called a reductionist a couple times.  Made me feel good.

• Like 1

"You are spirits who express yourselves through the miraculous joy of flesh. Who bring to the Universe a reality unknown, in your terms. Who wear as your badge of identity, joy and exultation; and those that tell you that physical life is evil, do not know what they are speaking.

As I have told you before, those who speak to you in terms of guilt; ignore them. Those who tell you that to be spiritual is not to be physical do not understand the great physical-spiritual nature of your being. They have not dreamed in their minds. They have not sparkled in themselves like stars and so experiencing night they think that existence is dark."

Seth

Edited by phil48
  • Like 2

Ok, how come?

Oh, you know I'm a Physicalist.  We were born and grew a spirit within (if we have one).

But I did like the thought flow.

• Like 1

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” ~Frank Herbert, Dune

• Like 4

"Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. 

If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to

no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies

and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the

casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark,

motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will be-

come unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be

vulnerable."  ~ C. S. Lewis

• Like 9

"Commoners, they have to be stupid! If they aren't stupid how do you govern them well? The stupider the better!" Spirit Blade Mountain (Wen Bao)  :P

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 1

Question: What is the realisation which is beyond understanding?

Nisargadatta Maharaj: "Imagine a dense forest full of tigers and you in a strong steel cage. Knowing that you are well protected by the cage, you watch the tigers fearlessly. Next you find the tigers in the cage and yourself roaming about in the jungle. Last -- the cage disappears and you ride the tigers!"

• Like 5

Question: What is the realisation which is beyond understanding?

Nisargadatta Maharaj: "Imagine a dense forest full of tigers and you in a strong steel cage. Knowing that you are well protected by the cage, you watch the tigers fearlessly. Next you find the tigers in the cage and yourself roaming about in the jungle. Last -- the cage disappears and you ride the tigers!"

'Spiritual sickness is like looking for a donkey while riding a donkey. Who's the donkey? YOU'RE THE DONKEY!'

Foyan, twelfth-century Zen master.

Edited by Miffymog
  • Like 5