GrandTrinity

Everyone post some favorite quotes!

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or demons, heaven or hell." The Dhammapada 

Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 3

Lol just reading some of these NOW since I'm new here and I really enjoyed the confucius saying about "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop"

• Like 2

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none." Thomas Jefferson

Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 2

"You want a quiet, smooth-running brain that allows easy access to what is stored there. A cadillac engine of the mind. You don't want a sleepy, moody, ignorant, slow, or jerky brain with a bad memory as a result of not knowing how to do basic preventative maintenance. It's time to change the oil!" Path Notes of an American Ninja Master by Glenn Morris

Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, OldSaint said:

"You want a quiet, smooth-running brain that allows easy access to what is stored there. A cadillac engine of the mind. You don't want a sleepy, moody, ignorant, slow, or jerky brain with a bad memory as a result of not knowing how to do basic preventative maintenance. It's time to change the oil!" Path Notes of an American Ninja Master by Glenn Morris

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Child, if you are not hypocritical and out of control, that is conduct.
~ Padampa Sangye

Being is the Dharmakaya but Being is not a being. The ordinary being-ness of all the beings is the being-ness of Being, which is the manifestation of the singular being-ness of Being which is no thingness from which everything and anything arises.

~  Rudolph Bauer

• Like 1

It is happy for you that you possess the talent of flattering with delicacy. May I ask whether these pleasing attentions proceed from the impulse of the moment, or are they the result of previous study?

Jane Austen

• Like 4

Utopianism substitutes glorious predictions and unachievable promises for knowledge, science, and reason, while laying claim to them all.
-Mark Levin
  • Like 2

"You know why David? Because of the kids, they called me Mr. Glass." Unbreakable (Samuel L. Jackson)

-What an intense line and movie. :o

Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 1

"I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you."

• Like 4

"I don't explain anything.  In beingness I am nature and my own nature... explicitly, completely, saturatedly...  unfettered, collosal and infinitesimal simultaneously.

there is no truth, or untruth to be grasped... no understanding, no comprehension to be gained or lost.

sit here with me, or not. 

nature is" 

• Like 6

"The secret of happiness is freedom.  The secret of freedom is courage."

-Thucydides

• Like 2

1 minute ago, silent thunder said:

Nice, although, the secret for me is letting go... and exhaustion seems to be my chosen means to this end...

Yes, letting go in an untimely manner may cause one great pain and suffering.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Yes, letting go in an untimely manner may cause one great pain and suffering.

no doubt!  Lately I generally prefer to not let go until my feet are firmly rooted.

• Like 1

I am reminded of the movie, "Contact," where they bolted the chair to the floor for safety despite the plans not calling for it.

• Like 2

There are those who love to get dirty and fix things.  They drink coffee at dawn, beer after work.  And those who stay clean, just appreciate things.  At breakfast they have milk and juice at night.  There are those who do both, they drink tea.

Gary Snydrer

• Like 1

"Lesson number 1, never attack an anger." Mask of Zorro  

"He will come into your circle soon enough you need not chase him." Mask of Zorro 

• Like 2

"Nothing is more wonderful than the art of being free, but nothing is harder to learn than how to use freedom."

Alexis de Tocqueville

• Like 3