SiliconValley

Shaktipat

Heh. This is a GOOD thread.Awesome teachers on it too! Ever figure there was a way of dropping every single thing you ever knew (including yourself) and gaining it all back tenfold? I have no idea what Shakti is. And that's the best thing about her;-)

Yep, and the blue ray stuff is also cool;-) Thanks to Santi and Susan and others;-)

Mercury Lingam

I went to see Gurunath about 12 years ago and as demonstration did an Shakti transmission.

I went into a breathless state for 10 minutes with the shakti very palpable in my heart and my body was sustaining on it clearly without need of oxygen. Gurunaths face transfigured in to that of Moses and a shinning body appeared standing at his left side. It was Babaji

He did the same for a large audience and the delegates at the United Nations in 1994.

Wiki on Soham-Hamsa

My link

this is a very important book

Babaji and the 18 Siddha Kriya Yoga Tradition

A fascinating look at the path of Self-Realisation (Enlightenment) which also goes far beyond purely historical and philosophical discussion.

The Siddhas are known as such because they manifest the Divine powers (Siddhis) which naturally arise through spirtualisation and Union (Yoga) with God.

The author is uniquely qualified to write on this subject, being himself a devotee and disciple of Babaji, the legendary Himalayan yogi who was made famous by Paramahamsa Yogananda's best-selling book: 'Autobiography of a Yogi'. Govindan studied for years with Yogi Ramaiah before receiving a call to introduce people to the path of Babaji's Kriya Yoga. His book makes a serious attempt at de-mystifying the story of Babaji, the origins of Babaji's Kriya techniques, and introduces the Siddha gurus that Babaji encountered as a young man almost two thousand years ago.

The book traces the links between these Siddha-gurus and the group of Siddhas known as the eighteen Siddhas in Tamil Nadu (South India), linking these also with Lao-Tse and the Taoist sages of China, and taking the reader even further back, into prehistory through the legends of the Lemurian continent in the Pacific, its links with South India and Sri Lanka, and its forgotten civilisation whose spiritual practises have been preserved by these powerful yogis known as the Siddhas.

The book is not written only for those who are practising yoga, it is of interest to anyone who wishes to have a deeper insight into the nature of existence, consciousness, and our potentially and naturally blissful ever-present awareness of Spirit through Love.

Although Babaji himself resides in an almost inaccessible region of the Himalayas, the path of Babaji's Kriya yoga and the Tamil Siddhas as described in the book is not a path of spiritual escapism, or renunciation through remoteness. It is a universal path of love and service to humanity and transformation of all aspects of our lives through action with spiritual awareness (kriya).

The chapters on other Siddhas that have lived in recent times, such as Ramalinga Swamigal and Sri Aurobindo can help to bring the fantastic stories of miracles and God-Consciousness into focus and root us in the awareness that spirituality is not so much about gurus and the authority of religious dogmas, but is really about our own present experience lived in full awareness

Help other customers find the most helpful reviews

Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

Report this | Permalink

taken from a close previous student and others, the list could go on and on. before i paste it here (it came from another site F.A.C.T) i have to say that if it wasnt for my Parameshti Guru (Yogiraj Lahiree Mahasaya) speaking of Babaji and writing in His 26 diaries there wouldnt be any knowledge of Him. Sri Yukteswar wouldnt have been able to mention it or tell stories to Yogananda as He wouldnt have known about Him. LOL Babaji means revered father and it is used often in India. My Guru was given 25 out of the 26 diaries by His Guru, who was Yogiraj's grandson, and also alot of other information directly from Him to write a book/biography on Sri Yogiraj Shama Churn Lahiree Mahasaya. In it he details the fact that other than initiation, Babaji never appeared to Him in a physical form, ever. He also states alot of other things I wont go into here but I will say that My Guru's book and other information gathered clearly indicates that those that claim to meet this same Guru so often spoke of are fraudulent as are the stories. Great reading yes, truth no. I could go into specific details as to how Shama Churn Lahiree incarnated and who else He incarnated as and that both His physical form and a subtler form were here at the same time. This was done to show the proper Guru/Disciple relationship and also because when one incarnates one loses most of if not all of their past life memories and so He was guided to His path when the time was ripe. The initiation also occured when Yogiraj Shama Churn was 40, not 33 as Yogananda states in His book. This is verified thru the actual diaries. It is ludacrios to state that Babaji resides in a specific spot in the Himalayas as well and on and on and on. LOL anyway here are some testimonials below-

"Babaji's Kriya Yoga" is now taught by Marshall Govindan and his assistants around the world. It is an expensive three-part series of classes on kriya yoga supposedly taught originally by Babaji himself to Yogi Ramaiah, who taught them to Govindan.

Marshall Govindan (whom I know personally) doesn't even believe in Babaji--he merely uses the Babaji tale (about a 2000-year-old yogi who supposedly lives near Badrinath, India, but who can't be seen by PHYSICAL eyes) to promote his sadhana classes (on ayurvedic diets, mantras, breathing exercises, meditation, and hatha yoga postures). The sadhana he teaches, I might add, has been found effective only by a small fraction of the people who've taken his classes.

Whatever the merits of these teachings, Govindan should stop claiming that he is teaching what "Babaji" supposedly taught to Govindan's recently deceased Indian teacher, Yogi Ramaiah. Govindan has made many substantive changes in the sadhana he received from Ramaiah. If Govindan is right that "Babaji" is the ultimate source of the "teachings" specifically concerning kriya yoga in Ramaiah's classes, then Ramaiah's students must be right when they say that Govindan is not teaching BABAJI'S kriya yoga, but rather something else. Of course, it's ridiculous to believe in "Babaji" in the first place.

Govindan appeals to people's interest in astounding miracles in order to sell his expensive set of sadhana classes. He implies that you, too, can learn to do such miracles if only you'll sign up for his sadhana classes. It's rather a base sort of appeal, aside from being a fraudulent one (as hardly any such miracles have ever been demonstated by those willing to subject themselves to conditions imposed by academic researchers investigating paranormal phenomena).

Govindan uses false stories of miracles to promote his over-priced, needlessly expensive classes on spiritual topics. They lead people to walk around in a dreamy state filled with illusions and fantasies about incredible "events" that never actually occurred.

................PART TWO.............................

A Canadian who calls himself Marshall Govindan, a.k.a. M. G. Satchidananda, teaches an expensive series of classes on what he terms "Babaji's Kriya Yoga" (see www.babaji.ca/ or www.babaji.ca/NewSite/home.htm). Although he presents himself as a spiritual teacher whose mission is to help others progress on the spiritual path of kriya yoga, he is, first and foremost, a salesman and fundraiser. I have found, over a seven-year relationship with Govindan during which time I considered him to be my teacher, that virtually everything he says and does is motivated by the goal of getting as many people as possible to sign up for his classes, buy his books, and donate funds to his organization. He is interested in students only so long as they are likely to sign up for further classes. Once you've taken all his classes, it's unlikely you'll be able to keep in touch with him or ask him questions.

Govindan does his best to convince you that when you take his classes, you're not simply receiving the information given in class, but you're also getting a teacher who will answer your questions and assist you on the spiritual path. In fact, Govindan resents having to answer questions, answers grudgingly, and complains bitterly if you you ask him as few as four or five questions a year that you are asking "hundreds and hundreds of questions." He is not interested in whether people who take his classes benefit from them, practice the techniques, or advance spiritually. His only real concern is the quantity of people signing up for classes and the size of the donations that are made by those who have taken the classes.

I feel cheated by Govindan. He told me that the techniques are secret and cannot be published because it is important to learn them personally from a teacher and to work on them in association with a teacher. In reliance on this statement, and with the expectation that taking Govindan's series of expensive classes would enable me to obtain guidance from him on my spiritual practice, I travelled to India and Japan in order to take his classes, only to discover--after I finished the series and Govindan had no more classes to sign me up for--that Govindan had no intention of assisting me in any way. Apparently, once you finish his series of classes and he can't get anything more out of you, he's done with you and doesn't want to hear from you again. This explains what the secrecy is really all about--if the techniques were published, Govindan couldn't get you to sign up for his classes and hence wouldn't be able to make any money from you. The secrecy has nothing to do with getting students to obtain guidance from the teacher, because such guidance (if it takes Govindan more than a few minutes per year) is not available.

Govindan has a wild imagination in thinking up excuses for not providing guidance. Even when you're practicing meditation diligently, he'll tell you you're not practicing and he doesn't want to work with people who aren't practicing. Or, when you don't understand something he wrote and seek clarification (because after all, Govindan is a rather poor writer), he'll tell you you're being "too intellectual," and leave it at that.

Govindan's behavior reminds me of that of the behavior of Cuban government officials in 1939. Manuel Benitez, the director of immigration in Cuba in 1939, made money by selling landing permits which would allow Jewish refugees from Nazi Germany to land in Cuba. He sold these permits to any Jew who would pay $150. The Cuban government nullified the permits after they had been sold. The Jews sailed to Cuba, but were then forced to return to Europe because the permits were not honored. Likewise, Govindan sells admission tickets to a series of classes and an organization called "Babaji's Kriya Yoga" and claims that he is available to assist you. Only after you've paid for all his classes do you learn that he is not available to assist you.

The organization Govindan runs called "Babaji's Kriya Yoga" does not exist in anything like the form Govindan claims it exists. Govindan lists a large number of "contact people" around the world on his website at www.babaji.ca/NewSite/contacts.htm . The purpose of the list is to make "Babaji's Kriya Yoga" appear to be a much larger organization than it actually is, which would encourage more people to become interested in taking Govindan's classes. Several months ago, I emailed all the people on the list and found that half the "contact people" outside the U.S. did not even reply, and three quarters of the "contact people" in the U.S. did not even reply! Much of this false information (about non-existent phantom "contact people") has been posted online for several years, even though Govindan was well aware during all that time that it was false. I told one of Govindan's assistant teachers about this and he told me Govindan was planning to correct the misinformation. When I checked the contact list recently, I found that although a small amount of the misinformation had been corrected, the list still contains a vast amount of misinformation.

I don't mean to imply that Govindan has never in the past been helpful, or that he is incapable of being helpful. There have been a few occasions on which he was helpful. However, I hardly think that this justifies his refusal to give assistance after the training has been completed. So far as I am able to determine, the small amount of assistance he gives is simply to encourage people to finish his series of classes. After the series is finished by a student, he sees no reason to continue to provide assistance because he has no more classes in which to enroll such a student, and hence no way to make more money from such a student. Thus, those who have completed his series of classes are left with a set of complex exercises, but with no one to guide them or advise them on their practice.

A large number of former students of Govindan have lost respect for him because they have found him to be dishonest and untrustworthy. He does not keep his agreements with his assistant teachers (known as "acharyas"), and consequently he has far more FORMER assistant teachers than active ones.

Govindan simply can't be trusted. He preys on people's need for spiritual guidance in order to make money and keep his organization afloat, but he doesn't provide the guidance he promises.

An example of Govindan's approach to finances is the policy he once stated to me, that Westerners may not take his classes in India, but must take them in Western countries or in Japan. Obviously, if he was interested primarily in benefitting students, he wouldn't care where they took the classes. His reason for banning Westerners from taking his classes in India is simply that he doesn't make much (if any) money from his Indian classes, which are either free or very inexpensive, whereas he earns something more substantial from the classes he teaches in the West or in Japan.

I consider his discriminatory policy based on nationality to be highly unethical. In the U.S. or Europe, people are never kept out of meditation classes on the ground that they are Indian nationals and should take classes only in India.

Govindan's classes on kriya yoga are taught in a far less professional manner than were those of his recently deceased teacher, "Yogi" Ramaiah. Ramaiah personally checked at length each student in his classes to make sure that they were practicing the techniques correctly. Govindan does that task so quickly (sometimes in four or five seconds) that it is impossible for him to have actually determined whether the student is doing the exercise correctly. He doesn't even wait to observe one full breath from a student before moving on to the next student learning a breathing exercise. He also turns over the task of checking the students to incompetent assistants--people who do not themselves practice the exercises or know how to do them correctly. For example, he once used an elderly Indian man to check the students' breathing practices. When I asked this assistant about the instruction to close the glottus more on the exhalation than on the inhalation, this man became embarrassed and admitted that he didn't know anything about how to close the glottus or whether it should be closed in a different manner on the exhalation than on the inhalation.

Some of Govindan's beliefs are quite ridiculous. For example, he believes that in five or ten minutes, he can train people to prescribe ayurvedic diets for each other. There are three detailed versions of these ayurvedic diets, all of which are quite different from the others. Govindan thinks that in a few minutes, he can train people to tell other people which of these three diets is best for them. Govindan also believes that specific yoga postures (called "asanas") can cure serious diseases that even the best doctors in the world cannot cure. He has also taught that if Sri Aurobindo had practiced asanas, he would have become immortal.

Thus endth the lesson on Govindan. anyway, these are opinions of those that have studied with him for the most part. not from me as i never have met him. but judging by what he says i wouldnt even want to. i know what i believe and this isnt it. some have the truth and others have everything else, this dude is in the latter category.

Edited by yuanqi

Mercury Lingam

I went to see Gurunath about 12 years ago and as demonstration did an Shakti transmission.

I went into a breathless state for 10 minutes with the shakti very palpable in my heart and my body was sustaining on it clearly without need of oxygen. Gurunaths face transfigured in to that of Moses and a shinning body appeared standing at his left side. It was Babaji

He did the same for a large audience and the delegates at the United Nations in 1994.

Wiki on Soham-Hamsa

My link

Sounds interesting Red dragon, thanks for sharing!

Om

Edited by 3bob

Personally I have never resonated with this "master".

"K: I live a life of torture, misery, confusion. That is my basic feeling and can that end? There is no motive. "

This is a master that did not live by his heart nor did he have real bliss. Wise? Maybe to an extent. But at least for me personally it was not a "guru" that moved my spirit or heart.

As for Babaji, When I first started yoga at 16 I had many times visions of a master in my dreams and in meditative visions. I later saw a picture of Babaji and instantly recognized him. Mind you, I knew nothing of Babaji or Yogananda until a but after. What I have found fascinating is that a lot of what is in Kriya Yoga is in good chi Kung Systems, Tibten Yoga, Sufism, and things Glenn morris Taught me. Glenn did not know Kriya Yoga but he was doing a lot of that stuff naturally.

Is Babaji real? I believe so. THere are many masters in the flesh and in the subtle realms. As the sufi say there are "saints" at every stations.

I am sure there where many "saints" in the Native american traditions but unfortunately a lot of their stuff was "removed" from this planet. A lot of Kap folks have had visions of a lot of the younger kap folks in the US being old Native "elders". Is it real? Does it matter? Who knows but it does inspire one to go deeper in themselves and deeper in to the collective consciousness.

Interesting things are happening on the subtle on this planet these days.

May All masters in all realms continue to shine for the benefit of all.

Peace & God Bless

Santiago

Mercury Lingam

Wiki on Soham-Hamsa

My link

Great story thanks for sharing. I have seen some of the prophets and angels before its to say the least very "INTENSE". I had intense visions of christian and islamic mystical stuff when was with Pak M in UK. With Glenn it was intense visions of Hindu, taoist and tibetan mystical stuff. Peace

Santiago

Was wondering when Krishnamurti and Gurunath would be mentioned. It's questionable whether K should be discussed in a talk about shaktipat, since he chose not to give it (or didn't know how, depending who you believe). IMO, K was a true Jnana Yogi master with a wounded emotional body, due to his own K rewiring prematurely, because of his fathers pressuring at an early age. Again, completely my opinion. He was a master of inquiry and personal responsibility, but when he himself was questioned would revert to his pre- 5 year old self (emotional). Some say tough love, but I percieve over-reacting. Of course then he would say things like "religion is a sensitivity to reality" and "truth is a pathless land", and one could just contemplate those 2 statements for years. But, a bit too "top-heavy" to use a Gurunath phrase.

Edited by Kameel

Oh and Gurunath...Sat with him in darshan several times and enjoyed a "setting sun". (Love the way he says that "look at the setting sun, look at the setting sun!") Very strong energy body and his use of mantra is well-developed. His 2 CDs on mantra are very instructional in their precision and format for learning some complex sanskrit phrases.

IMO, his use of pranapat is unparalleled (I mean talk about breathing someone else's breath), but he too tends to be a bit tough-love for me. I like how he donates a good deal of money to charities of his motherland (he doesn't talk about this much), but when I saw him berate a young woman for talking out of turn in an intensive during an open invitation to talk (I know, doesn't make sense) and then making fun of her weight, I was a bit put off. Who knows, maybe just cultural dogma, maybe I'm a bit of a softy. But coming near Newport Beach, CA expecting no one to be materialistically inclined, is like going to Ganeshpuri if you want to see Lamborghinis. Sorry so fiesty.

Edited by Kameel

Was wondering when Krishnamurti and Gurunath would be mentioned. It's questionable whether K should be discussed in a talk about shaktipat, since he chose not to give it (or didn't know how, depending who you believe). IMO, K was a true Jnana Yogi master with a wounded emotional body, due to his own K rewiring prematurely, because of his fathers pressuring at an early age. Again, completely my opinion. He was a master of inquiry and personal responsibility, but when he himself was questioned would revert to his pre- 5 year old self (emotional). Some say tough love, but I percieve over-reacting. Of course then he would say things like "religion is a sensitivity to reality" and "truth is a pathless land", and one could just contemplate those 2 statements for years. But, a bit too "top-heavy" to use a Gurunath phrase.

yes very top heavy. Also there is some strange sense of sexual abuse or sexual issues there aswell.

True, about the abuse.

If someone is interested in learning the purity of where he is coming from, IMO learn Kundalini Reiki and ask his spiritual teacher Master Koot Hoomi (the real one) to teach some lessons. But this is only if you really resonate with him or theosophy. There are easier paths, some right under our noses/thread replies. :)

Edited by Kameel

this is a very important book

Babaji and the 18 Siddha Kriya Yoga Tradition

A fascinating look at the path of Self-Realisation (Enlightenment) which also goes far beyond purely historical and philosophical discussion.

The Siddhas are known as such because they manifest the Divine powers (Siddhis) which naturally arise through spirtualisation and Union (Yoga) with God.

The author is uniquely qualified to write on this subject, being himself a devotee and disciple of Babaji, the legendary Himalayan yogi who was made famous by Paramahamsa Yogananda's best-selling book: 'Autobiography of a Yogi'. Govindan studied for years with Yogi Ramaiah before receiving a call to introduce people to the path of Babaji's Kriya Yoga. His book makes a serious attempt at de-mystifying the story of Babaji, the origins of Babaji's Kriya techniques, and introduces the Siddha gurus that Babaji encountered as a young man almost two thousand years ago.

The book traces the links between these Siddha-gurus and the group of Siddhas known as the eighteen Siddhas in Tamil Nadu (South India), linking these also with Lao-Tse and the Taoist sages of China, and taking the reader even further back, into prehistory through the legends of the Lemurian continent in the Pacific, its links with South India and Sri Lanka, and its forgotten civilisation whose spiritual practises have been preserved by these powerful yogis known as the Siddhas.

The book is not written only for those who are practising yoga, it is of interest to anyone who wishes to have a deeper insight into the nature of existence, consciousness, and our potentially and naturally blissful ever-present awareness of Spirit through Love.

Although Babaji himself resides in an almost inaccessible region of the Himalayas, the path of Babaji's Kriya yoga and the Tamil Siddhas as described in the book is not a path of spiritual escapism, or renunciation through remoteness. It is a universal path of love and service to humanity and transformation of all aspects of our lives through action with spiritual awareness (kriya).

The chapters on other Siddhas that have lived in recent times, such as Ramalinga Swamigal and Sri Aurobindo can help to bring the fantastic stories of miracles and God-Consciousness into focus and root us in the awareness that spirituality is not so much about gurus and the authority of religious dogmas, but is really about our own present experience lived in full awareness

Help other customers find the most helpful reviews

Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

Report this | Permalink

another thing that must be understood is who exactly Babaji is. one cannot know Babaji without also knowing who Shama Churn Lahiree was/is. He was only given a chapter in Yoganandas autobiography of which many facts were exaggerated or entirely wrong. After this, several books came out with their own thoughts. It wasnt until my Guru, at the request of His Guru, one of the grandsons of Yogiraj Lahiree Mahasaya and also the main lineage holder, asked Him to write the biography using Shama Churns diaries that more came out and the actual truth. His diaries were accounts of His practice and also some really esoteric techniques that will not be published. Such as leaving the body consciously (to throw it off) and enter another etc. He recounted His meeting with Babaji at Dunagiri and thereafter spoke of those He had initiated throughout His life among other things. One of the key features regarding Babaji is the fact that after a certain point in His diaries He no longer speaks of Babaji (Krishna Babaji is another term), this happens when the incarnated or Jiva Shama Churn merges with Brahma and becomes Brahma Shama Churn. After that there is no need for the Krishna Babaji. The interesting fact that is in His diaries He realizes thru the eternal sanatana dharma(Kriyayoga)that Babaji is Himself sent to initiate Himself into the eternal sadhana to show the householders the truth and the Guru-Param-Para way (Guru-Disciple) without having to be a renunciate, after the realization and His merging with Brahma there is no need for Babaji anymore as His attainment now supercedes His attainment as Babaji. This can be confusing I know but it makes perfect sense. So because of this fact my Guru states-"the general stream of devotees are imaginative. They are neither conversant about the inherent subject matter, nor can they ever be conversant. For this reason many emotional imaginative devotees have spun many yarns around Babaji. None of these are true. Just as visualisation of Bhagavan Krishna is not possible without sadhana, similarly visualisations of Krishna Babaji also is not possible barring sadhana. These devotees fond of fantasizing speak hyperbolically about visualising Babaji here, there etc. all these are figments of the imagination. through these fantasies self establishment in society may be perpetrated but the revelation of truth is not possible. None state they have visualised Shama Churn." (again Shama Churn and Babaji are same) so if one is being taught by Babaji or is His disciple then one is also being taught and is a disciple of Shama Churn Lahiree, then why does no one visualize Shama Churn and always say its Babajis Form. LOL The pictures you see of Babaji arent even real pictures, they are imaginative as no picture exists. So all in all I think it is complete horsecrap that someone would even have the audacity to say they learn from Him. does that mean He doesnt exist? No he does, but I can absolutely guarantee that He is not teaching someone or coming in the subtle form to them at a seminar or up in Govindans place. LOL

My Guru has broken it down precisely and I cannot relay all the information unless taken from existing books of His. It is quite funny though that people travel to a certain cave or caves in the Himalayas at Dunagiri and say this is where Babaji initiated Yogiraj and also claim to see Him, but in Yogirajs own diaries there is no evidence that He told anyone or drew a map etc to the location. LOL He put most everything in these over 14 years and this along with other claims are totally absent from them. so with that said, do books like this make good reading and make one think of what might be, yes. matter of fact i love books like this and those on the taoist immortals etc, but eventually you have to realize that play time and fantasizing is over and its time to get down to practice! but it is a good money maker....

Edited by yuanqi

Jiddu Krishnamurti was not an advocate of bliss, energy play etc. from the perspective of Enlightenment. Though he did not offer shaktipat, the process of Shaktipat is essentially having to do with Kundalini and the link I posted was related to Kundalini. More so, regarding the seminars and commercial abuse of Kundalini and the associated Shaktipat. For example, here on this very thread is a poster who claims to be Qualified and so are his friends and tells people to learn from him the "real" stuff. Funny but whatever. Can it get any cheesier?

It should also not be forgotten than JK himself spent several decades practicing yoga, pranayama, kriya, mantra and all those stuff.

Bliss can be got from just unblocking of prana or specific nadis like Hastijihva or Purandhri and can have nothing to do with awakening of Shakti. Or to be specific, of Kundalini who is sukshma-tamaa shakti (the subtle-most). Prana is the gross form of Kundalini and chi or prana beaming is being passed off as Shaktipat. Considering both prana and kundalini to be different aspects of one Cosmic shakti, it may be passable to use Shaktipat for pranic manipulation or beaming, but the actual concept of Shaktipat is grossly misrepresented here. The Shaktipat is a well-defined process, and so are the arising results. There is no vague when you are ready it will happen kind of new age peddling. Beaming of Prana cannot awaken Kundalini for Prana refined awakens Kundalini. She is said to reside in Nihshabda Desha or the zone of complete silence or cessation and only that can truly awaken her. Sometimes, the highest vibrating state is Silence gone around in a circle 360 degrees and that really is the objective of some actual yogic techniques.

Also, what is the true aim of Shaktipat? Bliss? Happiness? Those can be got from crystal meth, women or even a pizza for some. Attachment to bliss or even having bliss experienced through mind and body are sure blocks which ensure the wakening will never unfold completely. Any graspings of any nature mean the ascent of Kundalini is hindered. Trying to work on Kundalini for such mundane stuff is like working the sun to light one's house. Best way to awaken Kundalini is to prepare oneself and let her arise and not force her through hatha (forceful) techniques. That is what leads to friction, kundalini syndrome etc. Hatha is considered the lowest forms of yoga and even the higher Yoga Tantras refer to hatha as being unnatural and the lowest of the seven Acharas or paths. Hatha can only lead one so far in terms of actual awakening.

Also, someone cannot grant true Shaktipat until his mind is enlightened as well - through inquiry, emptiness, vision of the Self or whatever. So without Jnana Yoga, how can there be true transmission of Shakti? How can body-only techniques bring about awakening unless they serve as steps to reach into the true nature of the mind? Without access to the inner most sanctum of the mind, how can one channel true Shakti into the student? An accomplished Jnana Yogi can awaken Kundalini at ease or do more but same is not true w.r.t awakening the knowledge of A-h-am or true 'I' by a hatha yogi or one into mere energetics. I don't even know if it can be separated thus? My own teacher, a master Tantra, went into full-blown Nirvikalpa Samadhi by merely being in the presence of Bhagavan Ramana. That was true Shaktipat or rather one of the few instances of Shivapata. If one does not know what Shaktipat is, it is best to use some other term! An unenlightened person can never offer true Shaktipat i.e. one who has not discarded avaranas (the subtle walls which mask one's perception of reality as is) and experienced the fullness (or emptiness) as the real nature. He alone has access to true Shakti and capability to manipulate another's shakti as his Shakti is one with the Universal and he is in complete union with the rest of the creation - which is but a projection of Shakti in her dynamic aspect. Rest is simply parlor tricks manipulating prana or beaming chi etc. which can at best give health benefits or instill temporary bliss but can bring about no lasting transformation or awakening. namo amitabha

I just had to comment here considering this gentleman's ad for quick-quick and "real" technique of Shaktipat and Kundalini awakening. I have done KAP as well but it gets tiring to keep listening to such uninformed bs for long. Beaming of Prana/Chi is NOT Shaktipat.

Edited by skyisthelimit

taken from a close previous student and others, the list could go on and on. before i paste it here (it came from another site F.A.C.T) i have to say that if it wasnt for my Parameshti Guru (Yogiraj Lahiree Mahasaya) speaking of Babaji and writing in His 26 diaries there wouldnt be any knowledge of Him. Sri Yukteswar wouldnt have been able to mention it or tell stories to Yogananda as He wouldnt have known about Him. LOL Babaji means revered father and it is used often in India. My Guru was given 25 out of the 26 diaries by His Guru, who was Yogiraj's grandson, and also alot of other information directly from Him to write a book/biography on Sri Yogiraj Shama Churn Lahiree Mahasaya. In it he details the fact that other than initiation, Babaji never appeared to Him in a physical form, ever. He also states alot of other things I wont go into here but I will say that My Guru's book and other information gathered clearly indicates that those that claim to meet this same Guru so often spoke of are fraudulent as are the stories. Great reading yes, truth no. I could go into specific details as to how Shama Churn Lahiree incarnated and who else He incarnated as and that both His physical form and a subtler form were here at the same time. This was done to show the proper Guru/Disciple relationship and also because when one incarnates one loses most of if not all of their past life memories and so He was guided to His path when the time was ripe. The initiation also occured when Yogiraj Shama Churn was 40, not 33 as Yogananda states in His book. This is verified thru the actual diaries. It is ludacrios to state that Babaji resides in a specific spot in the Himalayas as well and on and on and on. LOL anyway here are some testimonials below-

"Babaji's Kriya Yoga" is now taught by Marshall Govindan and his assistants around the world. It is an expensive three-part series of classes on kriya yoga supposedly taught originally by Babaji himself to Yogi Ramaiah, who taught them to Govindan.

Marshall Govindan (whom I know personally) doesn't even believe in Babaji--he merely uses the Babaji tale (about a 2000-year-old yogi who supposedly lives near Badrinath, India, but who can't be seen by PHYSICAL eyes) to promote his sadhana classes (on ayurvedic diets, mantras, breathing exercises, meditation, and hatha yoga postures). The sadhana he teaches, I might add, has been found effective only by a small fraction of the people who've taken his classes.

Whatever the merits of these teachings, Govindan should stop claiming that he is teaching what "Babaji" supposedly taught to Govindan's recently deceased Indian teacher, Yogi Ramaiah. Govindan has made many substantive changes in the sadhana he received from Ramaiah. If Govindan is right that "Babaji" is the ultimate source of the "teachings" specifically concerning kriya yoga in Ramaiah's classes, then Ramaiah's students must be right when they say that Govindan is not teaching BABAJI'S kriya yoga, but rather something else. Of course, it's ridiculous to believe in "Babaji" in the first place.

Govindan appeals to people's interest in astounding miracles in order to sell his expensive set of sadhana classes. He implies that you, too, can learn to do such miracles if only you'll sign up for his sadhana classes. It's rather a base sort of appeal, aside from being a fraudulent one (as hardly any such miracles have ever been demonstated by those willing to subject themselves to conditions imposed by academic researchers investigating paranormal phenomena).

Govindan uses false stories of miracles to promote his over-priced, needlessly expensive classes on spiritual topics. They lead people to walk around in a dreamy state filled with illusions and fantasies about incredible "events" that never actually occurred.

................PART TWO.............................

A Canadian who calls himself Marshall Govindan, a.k.a. M. G. Satchidananda, teaches an expensive series of classes on what he terms "Babaji's Kriya Yoga" (see www.babaji.ca/ or www.babaji.ca/NewSite/home.htm). Although he presents himself as a spiritual teacher whose mission is to help others progress on the spiritual path of kriya yoga, he is, first and foremost, a salesman and fundraiser. I have found, over a seven-year relationship with Govindan during which time I considered him to be my teacher, that virtually everything he says and does is motivated by the goal of getting as many people as possible to sign up for his classes, buy his books, and donate funds to his organization. He is interested in students only so long as they are likely to sign up for further classes. Once you've taken all his classes, it's unlikely you'll be able to keep in touch with him or ask him questions.

Govindan does his best to convince you that when you take his classes, you're not simply receiving the information given in class, but you're also getting a teacher who will answer your questions and assist you on the spiritual path. In fact, Govindan resents having to answer questions, answers grudgingly, and complains bitterly if you you ask him as few as four or five questions a year that you are asking "hundreds and hundreds of questions." He is not interested in whether people who take his classes benefit from them, practice the techniques, or advance spiritually. His only real concern is the quantity of people signing up for classes and the size of the donations that are made by those who have taken the classes.

I feel cheated by Govindan. He told me that the techniques are secret and cannot be published because it is important to learn them personally from a teacher and to work on them in association with a teacher. In reliance on this statement, and with the expectation that taking Govindan's series of expensive classes would enable me to obtain guidance from him on my spiritual practice, I travelled to India and Japan in order to take his classes, only to discover--after I finished the series and Govindan had no more classes to sign me up for--that Govindan had no intention of assisting me in any way. Apparently, once you finish his series of classes and he can't get anything more out of you, he's done with you and doesn't want to hear from you again. This explains what the secrecy is really all about--if the techniques were published, Govindan couldn't get you to sign up for his classes and hence wouldn't be able to make any money from you. The secrecy has nothing to do with getting students to obtain guidance from the teacher, because such guidance (if it takes Govindan more than a few minutes per year) is not available.

Govindan has a wild imagination in thinking up excuses for not providing guidance. Even when you're practicing meditation diligently, he'll tell you you're not practicing and he doesn't want to work with people who aren't practicing. Or, when you don't understand something he wrote and seek clarification (because after all, Govindan is a rather poor writer), he'll tell you you're being "too intellectual," and leave it at that.

Govindan's behavior reminds me of that of the behavior of Cuban government officials in 1939. Manuel Benitez, the director of immigration in Cuba in 1939, made money by selling landing permits which would allow Jewish refugees from Nazi Germany to land in Cuba. He sold these permits to any Jew who would pay $150. The Cuban government nullified the permits after they had been sold. The Jews sailed to Cuba, but were then forced to return to Europe because the permits were not honored. Likewise, Govindan sells admission tickets to a series of classes and an organization called "Babaji's Kriya Yoga" and claims that he is available to assist you. Only after you've paid for all his classes do you learn that he is not available to assist you.

The organization Govindan runs called "Babaji's Kriya Yoga" does not exist in anything like the form Govindan claims it exists. Govindan lists a large number of "contact people" around the world on his website at www.babaji.ca/NewSite/contacts.htm . The purpose of the list is to make "Babaji's Kriya Yoga" appear to be a much larger organization than it actually is, which would encourage more people to become interested in taking Govindan's classes. Several months ago, I emailed all the people on the list and found that half the "contact people" outside the U.S. did not even reply, and three quarters of the "contact people" in the U.S. did not even reply! Much of this false information (about non-existent phantom "contact people") has been posted online for several years, even though Govindan was well aware during all that time that it was false. I told one of Govindan's assistant teachers about this and he told me Govindan was planning to correct the misinformation. When I checked the contact list recently, I found that although a small amount of the misinformation had been corrected, the list still contains a vast amount of misinformation.

I don't mean to imply that Govindan has never in the past been helpful, or that he is incapable of being helpful. There have been a few occasions on which he was helpful. However, I hardly think that this justifies his refusal to give assistance after the training has been completed. So far as I am able to determine, the small amount of assistance he gives is simply to encourage people to finish his series of classes. After the series is finished by a student, he sees no reason to continue to provide assistance because he has no more classes in which to enroll such a student, and hence no way to make more money from such a student. Thus, those who have completed his series of classes are left with a set of complex exercises, but with no one to guide them or advise them on their practice.

A large number of former students of Govindan have lost respect for him because they have found him to be dishonest and untrustworthy. He does not keep his agreements with his assistant teachers (known as "acharyas"), and consequently he has far more FORMER assistant teachers than active ones.

Govindan simply can't be trusted. He preys on people's need for spiritual guidance in order to make money and keep his organization afloat, but he doesn't provide the guidance he promises.

An example of Govindan's approach to finances is the policy he once stated to me, that Westerners may not take his classes in India, but must take them in Western countries or in Japan. Obviously, if he was interested primarily in benefitting students, he wouldn't care where they took the classes. His reason for banning Westerners from taking his classes in India is simply that he doesn't make much (if any) money from his Indian classes, which are either free or very inexpensive, whereas he earns something more substantial from the classes he teaches in the West or in Japan.

I consider his discriminatory policy based on nationality to be highly unethical. In the U.S. or Europe, people are never kept out of meditation classes on the ground that they are Indian nationals and should take classes only in India.

Govindan's classes on kriya yoga are taught in a far less professional manner than were those of his recently deceased teacher, "Yogi" Ramaiah. Ramaiah personally checked at length each student in his classes to make sure that they were practicing the techniques correctly. Govindan does that task so quickly (sometimes in four or five seconds) that it is impossible for him to have actually determined whether the student is doing the exercise correctly. He doesn't even wait to observe one full breath from a student before moving on to the next student learning a breathing exercise. He also turns over the task of checking the students to incompetent assistants--people who do not themselves practice the exercises or know how to do them correctly. For example, he once used an elderly Indian man to check the students' breathing practices. When I asked this assistant about the instruction to close the glottus more on the exhalation than on the inhalation, this man became embarrassed and admitted that he didn't know anything about how to close the glottus or whether it should be closed in a different manner on the exhalation than on the inhalation.

Some of Govindan's beliefs are quite ridiculous. For example, he believes that in five or ten minutes, he can train people to prescribe ayurvedic diets for each other. There are three detailed versions of these ayurvedic diets, all of which are quite different from the others. Govindan thinks that in a few minutes, he can train people to tell other people which of these three diets is best for them. Govindan also believes that specific yoga postures (called "asanas") can cure serious diseases that even the best doctors in the world cannot cure. He has also taught that if Sri Aurobindo had practiced asanas, he would have become immortal.

Thus endth the lesson on Govindan. anyway, these are opinions of those that have studied with him for the most part. not from me as i never have met him. but judging by what he says i wouldnt even want to. i know what i believe and this isnt it. some have the truth and others have everything else, this dude is in the latter category.

I probably should not say this as I like to try to be open minded and respectful as much as possible, but here goes - "Marshal Govindan is a Flog"

Seriously though, the man is considered a joke in the Kriya community, I also have met people who (usually the Ascended Master crowd) studied with him and all felt ripped off, or felt that he seriously lacked Integrity...

Greetings friends,

You know what? I have studied with Chinese Chi kung Masters, Tibetan Lamas, Hindu Yogis, Vedic teachers, "western" occultists, Sufi Masters and the bottom line is that what I do, Tao semko does, and what Susan Carlson does and what my teacher Glenn Morris did is all respected by these particular teachers and it is also in some form or another with in each of their systems. I like to call it "Shakti" cause i have a deep resonance for the Divine Feminine and her power and its what my actual guru called it. And if anyone knew him or received shakti from him they would know exactly why he called it shakti.

Now KUNDALINI awakening and "phenomenon" is something that is a BIOLOGICAL PROCESS as well as a spiritual one and replicable by certain steps or "yogas" or practices. It is found in many cultures and spiritual practices all over the globe. And if one can see in to the more subtle realms and planes of existence you will find that its also there.

Peace & God Bless

Santiago Dobles

What He Said :)

the book is important because of historical information that is verifiable

Yes some of the info in the book may be verifiable. This is mainly due to some of the books in the bibliography, however, even some of those have wrong info. Such as Swami Satyeswaranandas book on Babaji. I have it as well along with many others in the list. Swamiji is not a fraud, but does claim that He met and studied with Babaji, so this fact is one reason why I WASNT drawn to him and went to Kolkata to learn. Maybe he did but some of his info is incorrect, especially parts of that book and his other book on Lahiree Mahasaya, why i dont know since he sat with my Guru and asked Him questions on all sorts of things including techniques years ago. Then he started writing books and some "parallel" my Gurus but someplaces he has changed things. But Swamiji is the real deal. Others may practice such as I do the Original technique but do not initiate and may never be able to. But those that practice what they think is real or want to be real or practice what some like Govindan teach wont get anywhere.

What I stated in my post regarding my Guru and Lahiree and Babaji is FACT. The diaries are FACT and what is in them my Guru has read and are FACT, so what this means is BABAJI wasnt even known or discussed until Lahiree Mahasaya wrote about HIS Guru in HIS diaries, everything else comes from there when it pertains to KRIYA. Did Babaji have other disciples, yes he did, did they happen to write about Him, no they didnt obviously. I mean hell i wouldnt, i would be soaking up the knowledge not writing some bullcrap to make a buck. LOL the word Babaji means revered father so it is used often, but this Babaji (KRIYA) is the one I am talking about. I am telling you especially in Govindans case that what he says is not right. What he got from the other books may or may not be but by having such an extensive bibliography means he doesnt have any direct knowledge. My Gurus books dont have Bibliographies. Swami Satyeswaranandas dont, at least the ones I have (should though in some cases as using my Guruji's books for reference in my opinion)

The book makes a lot of points and has great stories. Those that claim things such as this though will reap the Karma that is created by it. All the meditation and advancement wont purge it in this lifetime. IF they stopped the bullcrap now and somehow started practicing the authentic Kriya then it could be purged in this lifetime but their egos and their DESIRE (which keeps us here one life after another) for money will not let them. Perhaps all this is their Karma this time, who knows. It clearly states in many books that if the person doing the initiation isnt authorized or attained a certain level that HE doesnt gain anything and neither do his disciples, it keeps them here even longer (when i say this the actual termed used is in hell) but seeing how there is no hell this is what is meant. I would never think of doing such a thing personally or write about like i have Babaji as a teacher, it takes alot of balls, especially knowing that there are some out there that know its crap.

Just trying to set the record straight. Trust me on this.

Edited by yuanqi

Sri Yukteswar: "God is ever new joy. " That is the singular quote I remember from "Autobiography of a Yogi".

I never realized this until after I received Shaktipat. I wonder if it would have ever been possible if I hadn't received Shaktipat.

Shaktipat is another one of the cultural specific terms that has been co-opted by western society. It's a nice starting point for understanding. Some don't go further in their understanding and have been left with a luke warm, bleh taste in their mouth of what should be an extraordinary event. If I had a quarter for every person I met who calls themselves a kundalini master or shaktipat master.. :) but are truly just shooting blanks.

I think it is not a good thing to call oneself a master of anything. Mastery is a life long pursuit. Walking the path of kundalini development is no different. Let other people say who you are....remain silent and let the results speak for themselves.

I have a former student who attended a couple of seminars that Dr. Glenn Morris and I taught and now sticks Master in front of his name and advertises himself as such. Obviously he didnt listen too closely to what I was talking about over the years. Nor does he recognize the contribution of the lineage table he ate from for a few months and uses some of that info in his writings but with no attribution to Dr. Morris. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Nah...imitate all you want but be professional and give credit to where you get your info. This is at least a professional courtesy.

Over the years I have given Shaktipat to and taught more than a few. Some of those students from the mid 90s have become dear friends and have learned how to give Shaktipat and watch over the development of their students as well. There are always those and there always will be those where shaktipat and the teaching doesn't "take". That really used to bug me for my ego was tied up in that, being a "good, powerful" transmitter, and then I had to let it go. I can only be a conduit for the energy not the director. Shakti does what She wants. :)

I remember clearly the first time I received Shaktipat.I think it might have been Halloween night but in the year 1991. In that moment I realized why I had been born: to give Shaktipat. I didn't even know what was happening to me then. I didnt know the language. I didn't know what kundalini or even the term Shaktipat what they meant. I eventually discovered the weird or unusual thing was no one knew how to teach me or they would not show me for whatever reason. But, I was so sure from deep in my bones that this was my life purpose. So, with Shakti's guidance I learned. I would have to say all I learned about Shaktipat and taking care of the students I learned from listening to Shakti's voice in my heart. Then people like Dr. Morris and Santiago come along into my life about 15 years later and added refinements.

So how did I learn? By adopting an attitude of deep surrender and gratitude towards the energy charging up my spine like a bullet train on fire. By not fighting what was happening, by listening to what Shakti told me my education began. Life was full of visions. I was being showed things I did not understand, words I did not recognize, personages that were exotic to me. I remember in one vision i saw this huge glowing geometric object. It filled up my field of vision. I thought to myself, "what is that???!" The answer came, "the Sri Yantra." Uh, what's that? I did some research and then found out exactly what the Sri Yantra was.

Exotic personages appeared to this former Christian fundamentalist and I was told their names.... Kali, Shiva, and Ganesh. Kali I saw early in my development. I was having one of these WTF moments as I saw this personage appear to me as my body chilled to arctic temperatures and the palms of my hands dripped with icy moisture as I shivered in the blackness of the vision. She had so many arms undulating! I did not know who She was and I was told her name. Same with Shiva and Ganesh. I have also seen other gods/goddesses, demigods, demons, angels, monsters, and all kinds of bizarre etheric critters.

I could see the kundalini moving through my body, having tremendous visions that was like being more alive than real life as each of the energy centers were pierced as Shakti moved through my body. I learned to remain in the witness state and watch everything that was unfolding. And I remembered. My own body was a crucible for the Kundalini process. The bliss of Shakti filling up my cells and even the spaces between my cells in every organ and bone was so piercingly exquisite in feeling and pleasure it bordered on pain.

Over the time I learned to give shaktipat by touch, by mantra, by giving someone an object, by distance, by intent. How do I do it?

I relax my body, feeling every energy center, every molecule, every atom of my being becoming soft, vulnerable, and open. The sushumna/tai ji pole widens so the circumference is larger than my body, sometimes much, much larger. Then the energy flows between Heaven and Earth with my body as a nexus point. Like turning on a switch or a faucet Shakti Kundalini pours out of my body, my hands, my heart. As I give Shaktipat, I receive Shaktipat.

So that is the extreme, condensed version of over almost 20 years of living daily with Shakti and Shiva. There is so much more.

I am forever, eternally grateful to Shakti Kundalini for bringing such a deep blessing to my life. I have eternal giri to Dr. Larry Jensen for first giving me Shaktipat. I also have eternal giri to Dr. Glenn Morris and Santiago Dobles for helping me to continually sharpen and refine my practice.

:)

Susan

How many of you who have taken a Shaktipat did get a stable running Kundaline after let us say three months and which teacher did you use?

Sri Yukteswar: "God is ever new joy. " That is the singular quote I remember from "Autobiography of a Yogi".

I never realized this until after I received Shaktipat. I wonder if it would have ever been possible if I hadn't received Shaktipat.

Shaktipat is another one of the cultural specific terms that has been co-opted by western society. It's a nice starting point for understanding. Some don't go further in their understanding and have been left with a luke warm, bleh taste in their mouth of what should be an extraordinary event. If I had a quarter for every person I met who calls themselves a kundalini master or shaktipat master.. :) but are truly just shooting blanks.

I think it is not a good thing to call oneself a master of anything. Mastery is a life long pursuit. Walking the path of kundalini development is no different. Let other people say who you are....remain silent and let the results speak for themselves.

I have a former student who attended a couple of seminars that Dr. Glenn Morris and I taught and now sticks Master in front of his name and advertises himself as such. Obviously he didnt listen too closely to what I was talking about over the years. Nor does he recognize the contribution of the lineage table he ate from for a few months and uses some of that info in his writings but with no attribution to Dr. Morris. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Nah...imitate all you want but be professional and give credit to where you get your info. This is at least a professional courtesy.

Over the years I have given Shaktipat to and taught more than a few. Some of those students from the mid 90s have become dear friends and have learned how to give Shaktipat and watch over the development of their students as well. There are always those and there always will be those where shaktipat and the teaching doesn't "take". That really used to bug me for my ego was tied up in that, being a "good, powerful" transmitter, and then I had to let it go. I can only be a conduit for the energy not the director. Shakti does what She wants. :)

I remember clearly the first time I received Shaktipat.I think it might have been Halloween night but in the year 1991. In that moment I realized why I had been born: to give Shaktipat. I didn't even know what was happening to me then. I didnt know the language. I didn't know what kundalini or even the term Shaktipat what they meant. I eventually discovered the weird or unusual thing was no one knew how to teach me or they would not show me for whatever reason. But, I was so sure from deep in my bones that this was my life purpose. So, with Shakti's guidance I learned. I would have to say all I learned about Shaktipat and taking care of the students I learned from listening to Shakti's voice in my heart. Then people like Dr. Morris and Santiago come along into my life about 15 years later and added refinements.

So how did I learn? By adopting an attitude of deep surrender and gratitude towards the energy charging up my spine like a bullet train on fire. By not fighting what was happening, by listening to what Shakti told me my education began. Life was full of visions. I was being showed things I did not understand, words I did not recognize, personages that were exotic to me. I remember in one vision i saw this huge glowing geometric object. It filled up my field of vision. I thought to myself, "what is that???!" The answer came, "the Sri Yantra." Uh, what's that? I did some research and then found out exactly what the Sri Yantra was.

Exotic personages appeared to this former Christian fundamentalist and I was told their names.... Kali, Shiva, and Ganesh. Kali I saw early in my development. I was having one of these WTF moments as I saw this personage appear to me as my body chilled to arctic temperatures and the palms of my hands dripped with icy moisture as I shivered in the blackness of the vision. She had so many arms undulating! I did not know who She was and I was told her name. Same with Shiva and Ganesh. I have also seen other gods/goddesses, demigods, demons, angels, monsters, and all kinds of bizarre etheric critters.

I could see the kundalini moving through my body, having tremendous visions that was like being more alive than real life as each of the energy centers were pierced as Shakti moved through my body. I learned to remain in the witness state and watch everything that was unfolding. And I remembered. My own body was a crucible for the Kundalini process. The bliss of Shakti filling up my cells and even the spaces between my cells in every organ and bone was so piercingly exquisite in feeling and pleasure it bordered on pain.

Over the time I learned to give shaktipat by touch, by mantra, by giving someone an object, by distance, by intent. How do I do it?

I relax my body, feeling every energy center, every molecule, every atom of my being becoming soft, vulnerable, and open. The sushumna/tai ji pole widens so the circumference is larger than my body, sometimes much, much larger. Then the energy flows between Heaven and Earth with my body as a nexus point. Like turning on a switch or a faucet Shakti Kundalini pours out of my body, my hands, my heart. As I give Shaktipat, I receive Shaktipat.

So that is the extreme, condensed version of over almost 20 years of living daily with Shakti and Shiva. There is so much more.

I am forever, eternally grateful to Shakti Kundalini for bringing such a deep blessing to my life. I have eternal giri to Dr. Larry Jensen for first giving me Shaktipat. I also have eternal giri to Dr. Glenn Morris and Santiago Dobles for helping me to continually sharpen and refine my practice.

:)

Susan

Hi there Susan! Thanks for sharing your 'Kundalini' experiences. Interesting to note that you had mentioned in one of your earlier posts that Kundalini transcends cultures, yet it appears here that the personages that initially appeared to you are all very culturally Indian. I find this rather thought-provoking, and was wondering if you have some explanation to share in this regard?

... ... ...

... ... ...

I have met and spoken to many individuals who have exposed themselves to the grace of Kundalini, and have so far yet to meet one that said, for example, that personages of the Christian Saints, Archangels and Angels appeared to them. I find this quite strange. One would assume that since its an experience that is supposedly universal, there would at least be some recounted instances where Images other than those symbolically associated within the iconography of Hindu gods/goddesses appeared.

In addition, i have also met many Christians who have had transformational, life-altering pentecostal experiences, yet none of those i have spoken to have hinted that saints and angels from other traditions and faiths have appeared to them. Its always only the Holy Spirit. I am hazarding a guess that it would have been deemed totally sacrilegious if someone, during a pentecostal service, were to spontaneously scream Hail Krishna or Praise be to Shakti! :lol: Has anyone here come across any such instances? (i am imagining now what a scene it would be if such an occurrence were to take place... )

Cheers!

ps - Loke brought up a good question. I too am interested to hear some feedback in that regard.

Hi CowTao,

Not sure but Ramakrishna studied many paths and was said to point to experiences and attainments related to those different paths? Swami Yogananda may have also mentioned inter-religious experiences but it has been a long time since I've read materials from either those sources.

I have witness to both Hindu and Christian Beings of or on the "other side". Thus coming back and coming to terms with different teachings such as dualistic and non-dualistic can be at least problematic. (lol) I have also confronted certain sectarian forces of both religions about some of the points you mention - but in my limited experience most of the time such forces doggedly remain within their vested interests. (one can see and also follow the power and money trails when it comes to spiritual establishments on earth even if they claim to have, or perhaps even if they do have divine and or mystical insights of a universal nature)

Om

Hi there Susan! Thanks for sharing your 'Kundalini' experiences. Interesting to note that you had mentioned in one of your earlier posts that Kundalini transcends cultures, yet it appears here that the personages that initially appeared to you are all very culturally Indian. I find this rather thought-provoking, and was wondering if you have some explanation to share in this regard?

... ... ...

... ... ...

I have met and spoken to many individuals who have exposed themselves to the grace of Kundalini, and have so far yet to meet one that said, for example, that personages of the Christian Saints, Archangels and Angels appeared to them. I find this quite strange. One would assume that since its an experience that is supposedly universal, there would at least be some recounted instances where Images other than those symbolically associated within the iconography of Hindu gods/goddesses appeared.

In addition, i have also met many Christians who have had transformational, life-altering pentecostal experiences, yet none of those i have spoken to have hinted that saints and angels from other traditions and faiths have appeared to them. Its always only the Holy Spirit. I am hazarding a guess that it would have been deemed totally sacrilegious if someone, during a pentecostal service, were to spontaneously scream Hail Krishna or Praise be to Shakti! :lol: Has anyone here come across any such instances? (i am imagining now what a scene it would be if such an occurrence were to take place... )

Cheers!

ps - Loke brought up a good question. I too am interested to hear some feedback in that regard.

Susan can speak for herself. I will be interested in her answer as well. My experience is that ascended masters can appear in whatever form they wish. If they are dealing with someone open to it they will usually appear as one of their favorite incarnations. SO if they are dealing with a Christian it is going to be as a personage within that system so that the person they are attempting to assist will be comfortable. If they are dealing with Taoist - same thing - Indian - same thing. Native American - same thing. They can also appear as brilliant Light with no particular human form.

Also, it depends on who you are as in who sits on YOUR council table.

Thanks Susan for telling us your experience!

If you read through my private forum (which I was contemplating closing yesterday until Scott and Mal swooshed by and made some convincing noises about it being interesting for some people maybe) you'll read I had "experiences" (I call these "dreams") with a variety of "folks". The Tibetans, Kali (who scared the shit out of me) and the Bon Shaman in his weirdo shack.

I have a bias against Christian images because the culture of it IME has been so dogmatic and harsh in my life and so I suspect I'd reject anything that so much smacked of a saint :lol: Although recently I've been catching similarities between the cores of each major monotheistic religion (IMO they actually aren't monotheistic, but I'll leave that up to the scholars;-))

Go see the door of Notre Dame in Paris and you'll find some symbolism that seems very "Shiva"-ish (Saints standing on top of their egos).

There's a definite physical component to all of this. To respond to the poster who asked if anyone had "achieved" active K in 3 months, I think that I "woke something up" prior to taking KAP (check out the chronology on my forum) and that KAP is a great container and system (including support) from which to approach whatever was going on.)

So what's going on? I'm still not sure exactly but it includes a shift in perspective and a dropping away of many "certainties". It's still happening and there's some amazing stuff going on almost all the time. Sometimes I just have to sit down and take it all in because it's so, well, nothing like I'd expect (well, duh;-) by definition;-))