SiliconValley

Shaktipat

I just listened to the 4 minute free mp3 on that link. Its powerful, Ive never felt my heart expand like that from a recording before.

Pranic mastery. Powerful indeed. So is this:

Have a listen and feel the expansion! :)

Edited by CowTao

Pranic mastery. Powerful indeed. So is this:

Have a listen and feel the expansion! :)

Pranic mastery aside, the site refers to a specific nada yoga siddi, and says that this omdasji spent a long time researching and training this particular yoga. I wonder does anyone know anything about techniques that may differ from what we could charaterize as a more "normal" pranic projection from voice.

... I wonder does anyone know anything about techniques that may differ from what we could charaterize as a more "normal" pranic projection from voice.

Rather not get into a discussion on the differences in terminology, but energy manipulation via voice is one of the techniques we do in medical qigong.

Pranic mastery aside, the site refers to a specific nada yoga siddi, and says that this omdasji spent a long time researching and training this particular yoga. I wonder does anyone know anything about techniques that may differ from what we could charaterize as a more "normal" pranic projection from voice.

Yes, learning to listen to the sound(OM) resonating inside of us-it is a a yogic technique/transmission .Since Om is a sound symbol for god listening/tuning into that sound is a way to merge with Divine.

Bump to Santi, and Tao semko.

I just started KAP 1 and am noticing during every meditation I get really hot, intense moments of bliss, razor clear insights/emotional clearing and usually I just have to let go and not get in the way, while I meditate.

Don't be a dick Seth.

John

Edited by JohnC

Some people wouldn't respect SHAKTIPAT or even open up to it if they didn't pay for it. Money is karma and offering money or service in exchange for SHAKTIPAT has always been customary in order to create cracks in a persons karmic shell. Some people already have the opening due to past life work though and others need to sit on the fire and thaw out before feeling the fire. Nothing happens in the cosmos without some sort of exchange at some point or another.

I did get SHAKTIPAT from Gurumayi many years ago and it was immensely powerful and I didn't pay for it. I was just looking at her picture sometime after puberty while at the Shree Muktananda Ashram in upstate NY in the 80's. I received many wonderful experiences through the path of Siddha Yoga both form level samadhi's and formless samadhi's. All sorts of different visions and travels to other worlds spoken about in the Hindu texts, etc. Experiences spoken about in Christian mystical books as well. Past life re-experiences and other such things. I learned a lot of valuable information through this path and met many wonderful and highly realized people in the path of Siddha Yoga. This is just my karma though. All good things in Siddha Yoga for me and plenty of others. I for one don't believe most of the stuff posted on the "leaving SY" website. Most of the stuff I do believe that happened which is posted on that site is pulled way out of context in my opinion and experience.

But, I do find the philosophy and experiences available through the Theist traditions to be wanting as compared to Buddhist realization so this is the only reason why I left Siddha Yoga and went to Buddhism. I had some meditation experiences, walking eurekas' and lucid dream experiences via contemplation of dependent origination/emptiness that revealed the limitations of Theistic interpretation of spiritual experience and the cosmos. Many of these experiences came to me as a shock and made me deeply uncomfortable. Then I had some amazing direct "mind pointings" from a Dzogchen master named Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche and paid very little for the retreat. These experiences set me straight and made me more comfortable with the realizations I was having about Theistic interpretations of life.

Again, this is my karma, manifest due to past life work. Other than all this, I think Shaktipat is wonderful, powerful and profound, but the "mind pointing" or "transmission" I have received through my Dzogchen teacher is far more profound in both subtle and in my face ways. I met a couple of women who are involved in the same Dzogchen tradition who got powerful SHAKTIPAT experiences through Swami Muktananda in the 70's but also found the goal of Hindu realization to not be as profound as the Buddhist realization even after years of fruitful Hindu Yoga Tantra practice, no matter the lineage.

This is merely my opinion and experience that I'm sharing here.

:D

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Some people wouldn't respect SHAKTIPAT or even open up to it if they didn't pay for it. Money is karma and offering money or service in exchange for SHAKTIPAT has always been customary in order to create cracks in a persons karmic shell. Some people already have the opening due to past life work though and others need to sit on the fire and thaw out before feeling the fire. Nothing happens in the cosmos without some sort of exchange at some point or another.

Looks like I don't have much karma then.

:)

Looks like I don't have much karma then.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Me neither! More succinctly... I meant that money is a form of our karma. It is a result of our efforts and thus to work for our money, and then to give it to a spiritual teacher to support their work or mission and get Shaktipat is an exchange of energy or a letting go of our own in order to receive.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Me neither! More succinctly... I meant that money is a form of our karma. It is a result of our efforts and thus to work for our money, and then to give it to a spiritual teacher to support their work or mission and get Shaktipat is an exchange of energy or a letting go of our own in order to receive.

I knew you meant that really but couldn't resist a cheap shot.

Not too computer savy. How do you embed (just learned that term) a youtube video to this thread? Thanks.

Edited by Kameel

Hmm. Not too computer savy. How do you embed (just learned that term) a youtube video to this thread? Thanks.

use insert media button.

Go to youtube - copy the link in your browser ... something like

then insert this in the 'insert media' field after deleting the http:// it gives you automatically so it appears only once.

Edited by apepch7

Cool! It worked (see video above). Thanks Apepch7. You have no idea how long that took me, even with your simple precise directions. Apparently the only thing my prana/chi is good for with computers, is breaking them.

Cool! It worked (see video above). Thanks Apepch7. You have no idea how long that took me, even with your simple precise directions. Apparently the only thing my prana/chi is good for with computers, is breaking them.

I like that video. It took me ages to figure out how to post vids too.

Again, this is my karma, manifest due to past life work. Other than all this, I think Shaktipat is wonderful, powerful and profound, but the "mind pointing" or "transmission" I have received through my Dzogchen teacher is far more profound in both subtle and in my face ways. I met a couple of women who are involved in the same Dzogchen tradition who got powerful SHAKTIPAT experiences through Swami Muktananda in the 70's but also found the goal of Hindu realization to not be as profound as the Buddhist realization even after years of fruitful Hindu Yoga Tantra practice, no matter the lineage.

This is merely my opinion and experience that I'm sharing here.

:D

Since you use the term "subtle" in almost every post, then why not write an essay comparing and contrasting the difference between profound and subtle. Is there a Buddhist scale indicating the level of subtlety one can experience? A scale of 1-10 perhaps? Realization is neither subtle nor profound, it just is. Unless of course one is just a bliss junkie and is seeking the ultimate illusory vibe.

ralis

Edited by ralis

Unless of course one is just a bliss junkie and is seeking the ultimate illusory vibe.

ralis

That is exactly what Buddhadharma cuts through.

p.s. But if Buddhahood was not the ultimate happiness, it would not be worth realizing. Also ralis, don't bother asking why I don't answer your other questions.

Also in Vajrayana and Dzogchen, we do cultivate various types of bliss's, intellectual, emotional, devotional, form and formless as indicated in the jhana's. This is in order to cut through deeply rooted tendencies in the mind stream as these bliss's are very powerful and good energies that are used as tools, but not as reified, static points of self reference.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Never took any classes on Kundalini. I've read a book on it but i've never heard the word Shaktipat? Also could some enlighten me so to speak :lol: on the role of an instructor in the Kundalini process?

Edited by Tao Apprentice

I just started KAP 1 and am noticing during every meditation I get really hot, intense moments of bliss, razor clear insights/emotional clearing and usually I just have to let go and not get in the way, while I meditate.

Don't be a dick Seth.

John

Thank you John.

Keep up your training and you will develop immense amounts of energy and also wellness and bliss in your life. Put your mind to work. You Have it circulate energy and you allow the secret smile to permeate your entire being.

The more you do the breath work in KAP you will advance very quickly and meditation will be easy. Infact you will be in a meditative state almost all the time with out effort and bliss will always flow through you.

Peace & God Bless

Santi

Don't be a dick Seth.

John

Hi John.

I invite you to consider that promoting your teachers and then calling a guy a dick (who wasn't being a dick at all, but that is irrelevant) might not reflect so well on said teachers. Ordinarily I wouldn't care so much but I like Santi and Tao and don't like to see them represented like that.

Hey Creation!

Good to read you!

Not sure that a poster calling another poster names reflects on anyone apart from the poster. I don't think (and I would hope not) that students should be neat reflections of their teachers, although maybe I'm not very old school. I also remember getting super arrogant when I'd just started KAP, it wore off though :P Although maybe some would beg to differ :D

Hey Creation!

Good to read you!

Not sure that a poster calling another poster names reflects on anyone apart from the poster. I don't think (and I would hope not) that students should be neat reflections of their teachers, although maybe I'm not very old school. I also remember getting super arrogant when I'd just started KAP, it wore off though :P Although maybe some would beg to differ :D

Hi Kate.

You are right, it would be a mistake to infer anything about Santi or Tao from the words of someone who just started studying with them. I was just giving some friendly encouragement to "represent" your teachers with more than lip service. He can take it or leave it. But I personally think that that is a good thing to do that people forget about in this age of internet classes and spiritual consumerism. It's a kind of giri, you know?

Thanks for the kind words! I don't get too much of that these days, so I really appreciate it.

Edited by Creation

Hi Kate.

You are right, it would be a mistake to infer anything about Santi or Tao from the words of someone who just started studying with them. I was just giving some friendly encouragement to "represent" your teachers with more than lip service. He can take it or leave it. But I personally think that that is a good thing to do that people forget about in this age of internet classes and spiritual consumerism. It's a kind of giri, you know?

Thanks for the kind words! I don't get too much of that these days, so I really appreciate it.

Absolutely dude.

And I don't like it when people disrespect others, especially someone who I think has a good intent...

I misread some parts and thought he was being a smart ass... reread and it's cool :o ... woops. My mistake.

John

Edited by JohnC

That is the purpose of this list, to get feedback...you probably didn't read the first post and jumped in... :D

His structure of shaktipat seems different from others.

Anyway, I received some 15 PMs about Mystress and every one said good things. My brother got me a b'day gift and guess what....a tummo session with Mystress (Sigmund actually). It is set up for 18th. After my Kunlun debacle, I am not too sure if I want to try anything new, especially that I am quite happy with my current practice. But then there is also this temptation you see... Still thinking what to do ...

Silicon, what happened with Kunlun for you? (the debacle details)

Edited by TommyRyukyu

Silicon, what happened with Kunlun for you? (the debacle details)

I'm curious too. Please PM me if you want to keep it private. I still practice (Jenny's version not Max's) and curious to learn others experiences with it. A very mysterious practice that i'm not very sure of.

Absolutely dude.

And I don't like it when people disrespect others, especially someone who I think has a good intent...

I misread some parts and thought he was being a smart ass... reread and it's cool :o ... woops. My mistake.

John

AUMM! God Bless!

no problems, and for the Record I think Santi's a Legend for Doing the work he is Doing. :)