Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

AA

You know this is all very interesting and makes me wonder

I mean is it really possible for someone to steal energy on purpose knowing full well what they were doing?

If someone acually was doing this consistently it seems it would have to be out of ignorance or being lost-

This is a very interesting topic and I have been thinking about it a lot recently.

I think the "vampire-ing" happens in many inter-personal relationships (even in case of spouses, siblings, etc). The vampire (knowingly or unknowingly) creates circumstances wherein they draw strong emotional reactions and outbursts from their "victims". This discharge is energy that is used to feed their needs. It sounds sinister but it happens all the time I think.

My teacher says best way to deal with this is to vibrate your energy at such a high frequency that they cannot even resonate with you, let alone steal your energy. Easier said than done though, especially if the relationship is more than that of acquaintances or friends.

We are all vampires every now and then so I would not get so hung up on this. Be fore you start blaming others, find out why you make such a good victim.

Hum,

But how do you know you're being victimized rather than subjecting yourself to something for your own gain?

Could it just be an exchange that you might get back on later (that hour, that day, that week, later?)

If you're a victim, don't you have to be willing to be one to be one? What happens if you're not willing? Does no one attack, do they stil do it or do you attack instead?

I`m not good at this unless we can bring it back into very tangible terms (works the same I guess) but it does remind me of a quote I heard once. It went along the lines of being insulted only if you believed (even to a very small extent) the insult, otherwise it wouldn't bother you.

So, along similar lines, if you feel that someone is draining you, wouldn't you have to be letting it happen (even a bit?) for it to happen?

Kate (the-dork-I-said-it-first;-))

For those who are thinking too "chi gung" based.. I wonder what happen if you really face a real vampire that sucks up your energy.. haha! It is not that easy as you said. I have faced crazy people who can suck up your energy really quick, no matter what you do, you still get sucked. It is un-controllable. Just be careful. Even you can avoid the sucking, you cannot avoid the negative energy shooting at you too.

What we do is really SEAL them up and so they cannot suck anything in. But it is tough batlle.

So, along similar lines, if you feel that someone is draining you, wouldn't you have to be letting it happen (even a bit?) for it to happen?

I believe you do have to let it happen on some level.

To paraphrase a Buddhist fable..

---

The Buddha went to a town to teach. The Hindu priests in town knew this was bad news.. what if their followers go get liberated by the Buddha? Who will follow them then? How will they make their living? So one of the elder priests decided he would go run Buddha out of town. By this point Buddha was already famous for his intellect so the old priest knew and argument would get him nowhere so he decided to go and harass the Buddha. Shouting and shouting, he wouldn't let the Buddha speak. Finally, the Buddha said, "Please, old man, let me ask you just one question."

"Fine!" The old man finally shouted.

"Old man, if you invited guests to your house and they brought you a gift you didn't want, what would you do?"

"As custom, well, if I had no use for the gift, I would send the gift back with them."

"Old man, this is what I do to you. You wish to give me anger, but I don't want it, I have no use for it, so I send it back with you."

And as fables go a veil lifted from the old man's mind and he understood... studied with the Buddha and became fully-liberated.

---

To steal your energy, the thief needs to make a connection. However, unless you're fully liberated, without any emotional baggage of your own, you may be open without knowing it. Any insecurity is an open connection. Does someone know how to 'push your buttons'? They know where your leaks are and may use they, probably without even knowing it.

But this whole dynamic seems to work by suction. A thief needs an empty spot in order to take energy. If fact, it's probably their motivation to steal in the first place. How can you fill their hole without draining yourself? What type of things get full by being sucked on?

• Like 1

I've had people try and do this to me. When you associate training with grounding in the physical it is harder for them to do, as you sense it you turn it back to them, their energy is their responsibility. Not the emotional obligations of the people around them. Emphathy is a tool for healing, not for sucking, it is shared, not manipulated. Further more we are our own power generators, you're not california borrowing power from oregons hydro power. Do you have a power usage that outweighs your resources?

I look at it like this. Practice everyday. This keeps the weight on the end of the chain so to say. Like a whip chain u keep tension in the line. When they interrupt the line the weight on the end of the rope will wrap back around and hit them, filling their empty little heart with whatever it was they put out there.

How can you grasp what you can not grab. People "say" all kinds of things, it doesn't matter what they say. People "do" all kinds of things, but they "do" less than they "say"... people "are" even less than they "say" or "do" and by this they stand alone. All by themselves.

Stand Alone.

This was a topic that until recently I didn't really pay that much attention to, or just figured it was an excuse people used to blame others for some of their problems and not face them, themselves.

Ok and then I cultivated a little more and began to see that holy crap this stuff really happens lol.

*I decided this would be a better thread to talk about this topic than the other one.

Edited by dmattwads

I'll comment in this thread my second thought to what I posted in the other thread.

When I feel that someone is trying to take my energy, or that they are just low and I am there and the balance is off, I connect to nature and draw energy into myself and channel some of that into them. I do this with love intention, wanting them to gain the ability to charge themselves. Sometimes people are just negative and want attention, so I sometimes see this as an opportunity to disengage so that they get a lesson from the situation, that other people won't fix everything for them.

Also, sometimes people are just lonely and need extra love. We have all been there and we will all be there again, so put some good karma on your side.

In regards to your roommate situation that you mention in the other thread, I have found that when you live with other people sensitivity goes way up. It's a good situation to practice staying light.

• Like 2

Oil, i have found that it is about necessary to consciously take part in adding to your own energies so as to give to others who are seemingly "a drain". no one is undeserving of energy and many people have no connection to intrinsic self-sustenance anymore...

And the fact is many of us who are intrinsically healers arent even connected and must take effort to BECOME connected, lest our own nature be the death of us.

I had some experience with this recently. It's important to take pre-cautions and protect yourself at all times, 24 hours a day.

My 2 cents, Peace

The power of false religion is to control people with fear. They want separation of people. The witch hunt of middle age was a good example of power of fear.

If I could sleep well before, now I have to be in fear 24, what's the good of meditation?

The vapires are fun. They are featured regularly in the normal folks' shows. Why are we "spiritual" people scared in our pants?

• Like 2

The power of false religion is to control people with fear. They want separation of people. The witch hunt of middle age was a good example of power of fear.

If I could sleep well before, now I have to be in fear 24, what's the good of meditation?

The vapires are fun. They are featured regularly in the normal folks' shows. Why are we "spiritual" people scared in our pants?

Maybe because we are awake enough to realize whats happening. I suppose a vampire does not bother a sleeping victim. Though I don't think I'd use the word "fear" for how I feel about is as much as frustration.

* This got me to thinking. I had wanted to move this discussion to this thread as its about vampires, but have noticed how the discussion on the sexual thread continues as well. Then I realized how relevant vampirism is to sexual energy. The vampire shows and movies are usually very sexual and now it is more clear as to why. The vampire myth is an analogy of people wanting to steal other people's energy, espeically their sexual energy as this is the base for other forms of energy in cultivation. Another jing product other than the notorious semen is blood. They "suck" the vicitims "bloood" (jing) jing being the source of sexual energy. Sexual energery, specifically/especially male sexual energy is yang jing. Vampires represent yin, (sleep during the day, avoid sun light, pale, dead) need/want yang as they are so overly yin.

Edited by dmattwads

Maybe because we are awake enough to realize whats happening. I suppose a vampire does not bother a sleeping victim. Though I don't think I'd use the word "fear" for how I feel about is as much as frustration.

* This got me to thinking. I had wanted to move this discussion to this thread as its about vampires, but have noticed how the discussion on the sexual thread continues as well. Then I realized how relevant vampirism is to sexual energy. The vampire shows and movies are usually very sexual and now it is more clear as to why. The vampire myth is an analogy of people wanting to steal other people's energy, espeically their sexual energy as this is the base for other forms of energy in cultivation. Another jing product other than the notorious semen is blood. They "suck" the vicitims "bloood" (jing) jing being the source of sexual energy. Sexual energery, specifically/especially male sexual energy is yang jing. Vampires represent yin, (sleep during the day, avoid sun light, pale, dead) need/want yang as they are so overly yin.

IF: it has always been happening

AND: only half or less of us are ever aware of it at any given time

THEN: stfu.

BUT: have fun with it.

B E C A U S E : Life is recreational. Existence is recreational. Being is all about creating. Creating is all about re-exemplifying everything in new and alternative equivelants of already-existing expressions.

I had some experience with this recently. It's important to take pre-cautions and protect yourself at all times, 24 hours a day.

My 2 cents, Peace

If you don't mind, I would like to hear your experience.

If you don't mind, I would like to hear your experience.

I'd like to hear them as well.

What I'd also like to know is why this topic seems to generate so much more contention than pretty much any other topic I've been involved with here?

What I want to know is: "where is drew?"

Three pages of energy sucking vampires and no drew, the universe is out of balance. :)

They exist, at least in as much as anything else "exists."

One of my short and long term goals is to find a teacher/teachings on how to fully protect myself. Not so much just for this, but for the whole myriad of challenges myself and others face as we progress on the path. My goal is to one day be so powerful where I am not swayed, damaged or adversely affected by "bad" energy but rather radiate my own love and light to effect my environment in a tangible way. I am way way too sensitive, I pick up on too much and the more I practice, the more this intensifies. I would like to keep my sensitivity, but somehow have the photon shield up so my senses and heart can remain wide open without being dragged down.

In my opinion, a huge huge segment of the general population are energy vampires, but most are unconscious with no ill intent. It sure would be nice to lift people up, like the great qi gong masters do at the mass healings instead of getting dragged down. We are all lucky though, as most of us TaoBums have great qi gong, meditation, and movement arts to keep recharging our batteries. No doubt in my mind why many Taoist and other yogi's preferred a more solitary mountain lifestyle.

• Like 2

When there is rain and the tree absorbs some, is the tree being a vampire?

What can the rain do to protect itself from watering the tree?

• Like 3

being human, having free will, we certainly have a choice between being right and being wrong, and when we want to be wrong, so shall we be.... but...

Who doesnt want to be right, correct, and true in their being Human?

The difference between being human and being a drop of water/raindrop is that our perceptions and bodily functions serve an infinitesimal range of functions of which we have free reign of will to lend to; if we desire to feed a tree, we shall, if we wish to water a vampire, we'll do that too. doesnt mean the water will help the vampire, but im sure the tree will still be nourished by the blood of the innocent and wicked alike.

When there is rain and the tree absorbs some, is the tree being a vampire?

What can the rain do to protect itself from watering the tree?

Not that much I am afarid .

However the tree should at least wear a raincoat in equally mesuared intervals during the rainfall , so that it looses the vamipre like gluttony for the rain . Plus this would ensure the fair distribution of rainwater to the grass and fungus growing under the tree .

What I want to know is: "where is drew?"

Three pages of energy sucking vampires and no drew, the universe is out of balance. :)

They exist, at least in as much as anything else "exists."

One of my short and long term goals is to find a teacher/teachings on how to fully protect myself. Not so much just for this, but for the whole myriad of challenges myself and others face as we progress on the path. My goal is to one day be so powerful where I am not swayed, damaged or adversely affected by "bad" energy but rather radiate my own love and light to effect my environment in a tangible way. I am way way too sensitive, I pick up on too much and the more I practice, the more this intensifies. I would like to keep my sensitivity, but somehow have the photon shield up so my senses and heart can remain wide open without being dragged down.

In my opinion, a huge huge segment of the general population are energy vampires, but most are unconscious with no ill intent. It sure would be nice to lift people up, like the great qi gong masters do at the mass healings instead of getting dragged down. We are all lucky though, as most of us TaoBums have great qi gong, meditation, and movement arts to keep recharging our batteries. No doubt in my mind why many Taoist and other yogi's preferred a more solitary mountain lifestyle.

Yea I think people keep missing one vital point I was trying to make.I realize this topic is not new (ok one thing I didn't realize is how apparently controversial this topic is lol). The main point I'm trying to make is how clearly I was aware of having my energy drained!

Yes I have other theories, but what is not theory is what I personally observed happening to me. It was clear as day, there was no ambiguity. I literally felt and sensed my energy being absorbed by my roommate. I've also pointed out several times that I know for a fact that she did not do this intentionally.

What is also a fact is that after this happened I became extremely tired. As far as my other theories I'm not claiming those to be fact, but then again I do think they are pretty reasonable and well thought through theories.

The statement that people do this unintentionally is important because I want to be very clear that I'm not blaming anyone of being evil or anything like that. Perhaps that's why this topic is controversial? Is my intention being misunderstood?

The good news is that in the midst of this episode I think I also may have found the solution. Now that a little more time has passed since I did the Lung meditation I feel even more confident that this might be a reasonable solution to this problem.

Just as an aside as to the Lung meditation it produced some interesting though unintended effects. The first thing I noticed was that feeling of being drained diminished. Then I went home after class and saw on the news the photo of this baby that is missing in Kansas. Upon seeing this I just started crying. Granted its a sad story, but I do not typically react this way, even to sad news. Then I remembered I had just done a Lung meditation. At present I am feeling quite a bit better and not as drained as I had been.

It might sound like I'm jumping on some kind of paranoid vampire band wagon but from my point of few I see in retrospect that this had already been happening and does happen frequently but I was less aware of it than I am now. What changed? More meditation improving my perceptions I assume.

I assume that this is why Vampire movies and shows are so popular. It's likely a conscious expression of what people are only subconsciously aware of.

The only other reason I can fathom that this topic is not popular is the same reason talking about aliens is controversial. The idea of both is very disempowering. Though from my point of view knowledge is power and if you can recognize something then you can take steps to deal with it, not be afraid of it (thus my insight into the Lung meditation).

Edited by dmattwads
  • Like 2

Yea I think people keep missing one vital point I was trying to make.I realize this topic is not new (ok one thing I didn't realize is how apparently controversial this topic is lol). The main point I'm trying to make is how clearly I was aware of having my energy drained!

The only other reason I can fathom that this topic is not popular is the same reason talking about aliens is controversial. The idea of both is very disempowering. Though from my point of view knowledge is power and if you can recognize something then you can take steps to deal with it, not be afraid of it (thus my insight into the Lung meditation).

dmattwads ,

Personally I dont think that this is contraversional at all , some years back my mum used to talk always about the energy vampires , growing paranoid and defensive , raving about her kundalini going crazy becouse of this vampires etc ...

As if this is all apart from herslef , cultivating seperatness under the some utopian idea of purism .

This is life -- we all share energy and energy does not belong to anyone solely . Impossible . We give and take in different ways and mesaures .

By understanding this and everything becomes more chilled , it is like learning to swim in waters of Life .

As Rainbowvein suggested in other therad best way is to -- take from Source .

Just my thoughts , as always subject to change .

Anyway , it is intersting to read others opinions on this topic .

• Like 2

dmattwads ,

Personally I dont think that this is contraversional at all , some years back my mum used to talk always about the energy vampires , growing paranoid and defensive , raving about her kundalini going crazy becouse of this vampires etc ...

As if this is all apart from herslef , cultivating seperatness under the some utopian idea of purism .

This is life -- we all share energy and energy does not belong to anyone solely . Impossible . We give and take in different ways and mesaures .

By understanding this and everything becomes more chilled , it is like learning to swim in waters of Life .

As Rainbowvein suggested in other therad best way is to -- take from Source .

Just my thoughts , as always subject to change .

Anyway , it is intersting to read others opinions on this topic .

Hey Sun, um I wish to point this out politely and in no way want to appear rude but the simple fact that your view on this topic differs from mine by definition makes it a controversy

con·tro·ver·sies

1. A dispute, especially a public one, between sides holding opposing views. See Synonyms at argument.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/controversy

I appreciate your input though :-)

Edited by dmattwads

I think its controversial when people start thinking its a one way thing, like they are never trying to get different forms of energy from others rather its all other people all the time. For example I think it is highly likely that young healthy males will be looking to get some sort of energy exchange from females when they see them even if they do cultivate high energy all day they still have balls, so energy leakage is more likely to be agreed upon or freely given thing rather than being sucked out of you, but it is far more difficult to admit that you are the one doing the vampirism rather than blame it on somebody else, so it is something your ego will try to hide from your conscious awareness, It will be part of your shadow and even high cultivators have a shadow which is why some of those old Indian Guru's become perverts despite having spent half their life refining their sexual energy.

Edited by Jetsun
  • Like 1

Hey Sun, um I wish to point this out politely and in no way want to appear rude but the simple fact that your view on this topic differs from mine by definition makes it a controversy

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/controversy

I appreciate your input though :-)

Thanks , I appreciate you pointing out . English is not my first language .

I thought that contraversial means something else . :D More like an unusual , slightly extravagant and different and that is why it is causing a stir .

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this