I will become immortal 😠

I want to become powerful

On 12/6/2022 at 2:47 AM, ralis said:

Actually no. There are many that join this site looking for exotic teachings such as MoPai including all the fake promises made by followers of MoPai and others that have advertised here. This site for some odd reason attracts those that have an incessant need to play with fire. When an amateur practitioner gets burned it is expected that some on this site may provide salvation and wound healing of sorts. It is very easy to light the flame, but it can get out of control rather quickly. 

Looking at old posts, looks like a controversial topic... This explanation is helpful.  

"  sez the guy who is CEO of four companies. " 

But he never  wanted that .   Or maybe he is saying he did .... and doesnt deserve to be CEO of four companies .

In my view , someone who wants power , deserves  to be punished  .... by being CEO of four companies   ( poor bastards ! ) 

* Gawd that must be shit !    Today I will sit up in bed , internet and coffee for as long as I feel like , its still before 7 so who knows ?  Maybe I will do a bit of work on my  glass walled cocktail lounge I am making outside .  Or I might go and and do some gardening in the new  tree fern and palm garden I am making down the end of my driveway ..... or I might take the Rover for a cruise to Nambucca , there is a new waterfront board walk that winds through the mangroves I might check out ..... haven't decide yet ..... and ..... I may decide to not even decide about all of that .

I wonder what Elon Musk is up to today ?  Attending several bored  board meetings ? ....  Counting his money in his counting house ?  Being concerned about a 'sky train ' derailment ? ..... Making deep and hypocritical  tweets from his Lear Jet ?

NB1710-Nambucca-Heads-photo.jpg?v=1475111397&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=baedefea5420f9fa31b8230e8f4269816633f16e3f3da437b28798eb1fd2d8a5&ipo=images

Nambucca

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

In the metaphysics realm you’d say you’d need to stop viewing yourself as not powerful. If you are one with everything then as you change yourself everything else changes. Think of this at very least in perspective alone. If you see things differently it is as if everything changes, at very least for you. So that perspective shift starts by not putting yourself down.

There are many things one can do to increase power over oneself (which is the real and only legitimate kind of power to be pursued): martial arts, as some have already said, exercise and sports, etc., but for me the best I know is fasting :)

Maybe meditation too? I can't say, as I don't have much experience with that one.

Edited by Kojiro

On 12/17/2022 at 8:12 AM, Barnaby said:

For me, it’s that whole post-Crowleyian project of projecting your will onto the universe, commanding spirit forces, and so on…

Others may see it differently :)

I think I see it a little differently; what you describe I refer to as will.

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2022 at 2:23 PM, Kojiro said:

There are many things one can do to increase power over oneself (which is the real and only legitimate kind of power to be pursued): martial arts, as some have already said, exercise and sports, etc., but for me the best I know is fasting :)

Maybe meditation too? I can't say, as I don't have much experience with that one.

Much bigger jumps skill wise in martial arts are accomplished with meditation.

4 minutes ago, zerostao said:

I think I see it a little differently; what you describe I refer to as will.

Could you elaborate?

I’d be really interested to hear more…

Taoism is a minimalist belief system.  You don't do this, don't do that, or do less.  When you are not doing much, but your powers remain the same, you are having more power in relation to all tasks.

On 1/2/2023 at 5:56 AM, Barnaby said:

Could you elaborate?

I’d be really interested to hear more…

if you're still around? 

I see it as arriving without my will; beyond my imagination, manifesting in a way that is far superior to anything I could've concocted on my own. I didn't have to command anything; use my volition, or try to do anything. It is always delicious, right on time, magnificent, symbolic, allegorical, authentic, true, and very much welcome.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 11/29/2022 at 10:07 AM, I will become immortal 😠 said:

Pls give me techniques for becoming powerful. I have done every possible things in the modern world to be come powerful and now when I looked through ancient ones i found daoism and I have already done some breathing techniques but i don't feel any different because i don't know the science behind it. If any senior can help me I am willing to do anything 

when one realizes that the True Power has them (and not the other way around) and which they have aligned themselves with, then they know that their personal desires for manipulating power were nothing more than dust in the wind or perhaps like Solomon said, "vanity of Vanities"  (and he sure had a lot of power at one time!)

Edited by old3bob

9 hours ago, old3bob said:

when one realizes that the True Power has them (and not the other way around) and which they have aligned themselves with, then they know that their personal desires for manipulating power was nothing more than dust in the wind or perhaps like Solomon said, "vanity of Vanities"  (and he sure had a lot of power at one time!)

it is attributed to Solomon, by many. Whoever, The Teacher was/is, they handed us one deep reflective essay. perhaps, my favorite. one of, on a short list.

how'd I'd time travel back 3000 years or so, out of upmost curiosity,,, just like now, just like then, there is nothing new under the sun.

All you power seekers do understand, that despite how much power you have, you will remain just as vulnerable as you are now. right?

It's utterly meaningless. it is tempting to go back to walk among the ancients, yet, this is the appointed time, now. Walking presently is still magical. 

Must watch for power seekers.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 4:07 AM, I will become immortal 😠 said:

Pls give me techniques for becoming powerful. I have done every possible things in the modern world to be come powerful and now when I looked through ancient ones i found daoism and I have already done some breathing techniques but i don't feel any different because i don't know the science behind it. If any senior can help me I am willing to do anything 

" Just the burger and fries , thanks .  " 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Nungali said:

" Just the burger and fries , thanks .  " 

The service is slow - so don’t hold your breath.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 5:40 PM, Mithras said:

A sneeze would be transformed into the hail of gods if observed correctly.

Undoubtedly true, but still seeming somewhat unfortunate for those whom the gods hail upon.

On 12/7/2022 at 1:12 PM, liminal_luke said:

In the power-over-oneself department, I'm intrigued by this: https://www.breathholdwork.com/.  Not so much in order to increase my breath hold time per se (I'm no freediver) but for the meditative possibilities.  The guy whose offering a course is Erwan Le Corre, founder of Movnat.  Could be interesting...

If I become powerful, I'll let ya know...-_-

My husband is a spear fisherman and he can hold his breath underwater for almost four minutes. He was trained to do so in a manner similar to how they train Navy Seals. They are able to do relaxation techniques and override their body’s impulse to panic. I’m not sure if everyone can accomplish this or if they are outliers. But one important point that I think fits into the topic here. They have to be wary of something called shallow water blackout. They will hold their breath without the panic response literally until they pass out underwater, and drown (even if they are only sitting on the bottom of a pool with a foot or two of water above them).

(“The Case of the Suffocating Woman”, posted on Slate Star Codex April 5, 2017 by Scott Alexander; http://slatestarcodex.com/2017/04/05/the-case-of-the-suffocating-woman/; commenter “liz”, April 5, 2017 at 10:41 am)

When we ask what it is which senses this suffering, we have to understand that the one who is breathing in and out, in and out, doesn’t suffer. But it does sense suffering.

(Kobun Chino Otogawa; “Embracing Mind”, edited by Cosgrove & Hall, p 48)

Kobun died in Switzerland, when he went into a shallow landscape pool after his five-year-old daughter, Maya, who had somehow fallen in and was drowning. I spoke to the guy who owned the property with the pool, and he shook his head in disbelief that Kobun had actually drowned, because the pool was only about three feet deep.

Kobun once ended a talk by saying, “You know, sometimes zazen gets up and walks around.” It’s my belief that it was in fact zazen that went into the pool after Maya, and that it was the one who does not suffer (but nevertheless senses suffering) that remained under the surface by her side.

(All of the above, from my Post: The Case of the Suffocating Woman)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 12/8/2022 at 12:11 PM, Cobie said:

@Mithras   I cannot understand what you write. I read the first post you made (10 February 2020) and that one is understandable. So I think maybe you now have an underlying medical problem (e.g. aphasia/receptive dysphasia) worth checking out. Be well. :)

I began to think I was reading a piece composed by AI.

Edited by Mark Foote

Posted (edited)
On 12/18/2022 at 10:39 AM, ChiDragon said:

... The goal is  "sink chi to the dantian(氣沈丹田)" level. 

... It took me awhile to accomplish "sink chi to the dantian(氣沈丹田)." It was fastening ("fastening"--"fascinating"?) when I had accomplished that the first time.

... There are a lots of wild stories about "sink chi to the dantian(氣沈丹田)." One can only do it right by knowing its real definition. Otherwise, one just going in circles and practicing something in the blind and accomplish nothing.

To develop the ch'i and sink it to the tan t'ien you must keep the ch'i with the mind.  Then you will realize suppleness.  The Classics say, "The mind mobilizes the ch'i and the ch'i mobilizes the body.  The ch'i spreads throughout the whole body."

(“Cheng Tzu’s Thirteen Treatises on Ta’i Chi Chuan”, Cheng Man Ch’ing, trans. Benjamin Pang Jeng Lo and Martin Inn, p 32)

If I can find a way to experience gravity in the placement of attention as the source of activity in my posture, and particular ligaments as the source of the reciprocity in that activity, then I have an ease.

("To Enjoy Our Life")

I would posit that the patterns in the development of ch’i reflect involuntary activity of the body generated in the stretch of ligaments. There is, in addition, a possible mechanism of support for the spine from the displacement of the fascia behind the spine, a displacement that can be effected by pressure generated in the abdominal cavity and that may quite possibly depend on a push on the fascia behind the sacrum by the bulk of the extensor muscles, as they contract.

The Tai Chi classics emphasize relaxation. For me, calm is also required with regard to the stretch of ligaments, if “automatic movement” is to be realized.  The stretch of a ligament prior to strain is small (6%), and I would say that automatic movement is only initiated at the edge of the range. 

Cheng Man Ch’ing mentioned a Chinese description of seated meditation, “straighten the chest and sit precariously” (“Master Cheng’s Thirteen Chapters on T’ai-Chi Ch’uan”, Douglas Wile, p 21)–I think that also speaks to the necessity of calm.

In my experience, “automatic” activity in the movement of breath can at times depend on the relaxation of particular muscle groups and the exercise of calm with regard to the stretch of particular ligaments.  I believe that a pattern in the circulation of “automatic” activity can develop, especially when a bent-knee posture or carriage is maintained over a period of time.

“Automatic” activity in the movement of breath also follows as one “lays hold of one-pointedness”, but in order to “lay hold”, carriage of the weight of the body must fall to the ligaments and volitive activity in the body must be relinquished. 

(A Way of Living)

Edited by Mark Foote
  • Thanks 1

@Mark Foote

I decided against taking the breath hold workshop linked to above, but read that the teacher does caution against doing it in water.  Good point about the dangers.

There is also the cold water immersion layer thing ; you dive in  to warmish water , hit the cold layer underneath and your lungs  empty causing you to sink , especially at night in fresh water ( river) and especially if been drinking alcohol , add a few river weeds  down there to get tangled in when you panic ....  gone in minutes .

It happens here , I had to  warn the kids about it when I taught year 10 as it is one of causes of teenage deaths  ( I did sessions on teenage suicide with them , also bought in a professional councilor   for a talk )

" So kids , dont  river swim at night , but if you do, dont drink, but if you do , dont dive in- walk in , but if you STILL do , someone else keep a close eye on  them .... look after each other guys ,  too many of you are dying  ,  let's look after each other and break the statistics . "

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Nungali said:

… teenage suicide …

Yes it’s awful, in the Netherlands suicide is the leading cause of death for people under 30 . 

“ Suicide rates in youths have nearly tripled between the 1960s and 1980s.”

Religion lost its influence on Dutch politics between the 1960s and 1980s.”

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youth_suicide) 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Netherlands#:~:text=Secularization%20in%20the%20Netherlands%20started,resulting%20in%20liberal%20Dutch%20policy)

Edited by Cobie
  • Sad 1

Thing is , I know what causes it .   So its extra damn frustrating when people will not act to prevent it, through ignorance or evil .

From my anthropological studies  ;  culture in crisis , regardless of where or when - certain stages manifest from trouble to  'self- genocide ' .   First indication is the local system of relevant initiation breaks down .  That means that people's instruction as to their purpose , place and fulfilment in life is missing . 

Then community starts breaking down into 'individual ego units'  (these eventually break down to individuals themselves - 'battling it out'  .

Next , the 'teachings' themselves  are neglected .

The Elders, elderly and children are abused .

Sacred sites are vandalised   (or the public utilities are  ,  things that all benefit from ) .

Substance abuse  ( not substance use , but abuse -  from  that culture's 'norm ' ).

Self harm  (again from the 'norm'  eg, a culture may use scarification for various purposes or self injury in mourning  and it is not considered ' self -  harm ' ).  ' Self mutilations' .

Suicide rate climbs .

End zone ....    eg . one group of Aboriginals , only had a few members left , they began to cut of their  ears , noses and eventually genitals , which makes it impossible to 'recover' and 're-breed'.

We do know the remedies , eg , this above group was saved  , the situation reversed , population went up now they are a proud and growing clan .

But 'they' dont seem to think it applies to 'us' (modern 'western' civilisation ) .

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cobie said:

Yes it’s awful, in the Netherlands suicide is the leading cause of death for people under 30 . 

“ Suicide rates in youths have nearly tripled between the 1960s and 1980s.”

Religion lost its influence on Dutch politics between the 1960s and 1980s.”

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youth_suicide) 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Netherlands#:~:text=Secularization%20in%20the%20Netherlands%20started,resulting%20in%20liberal%20Dutch%20policy)

hm... religion has decreased since before 1900, in an almost linear fashion.

Also many more things changed during the sixties.

Attributing an increasing amount of suicides to decreasing amount of religious people skips mountains of data on other processes and it may well be a spurious effect.

Spoiler

Nederland in puin na WOII - ppt video online download

• Like 1

...clearly the power of complete and total distraction is well at the hands of many on this thread of intellectual fools...  

Sad to see this forum has turned into a complete mockery of taoism and in its place has become a bastion of haphazard wannabes who don't even know how to converse in proper language.  Even more disappointing is the fact that people here try to argue endlessly about nothing important.  

...get a life.  

You guys kid, but OP ascended the day he posted the message and left us alone to this incarnation of suffering :lol:

• Haha 3