sean

No more right-wing bullshit.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

 

Did you see the "Men Explain Things To Me" thread? It went to fertilizer rather quickly, but it was an interesting and nuanced article imo with much we could have delved more deeply into..

 

In any case, it's nice to "see" you. 

🙏

 

There was a time I might have tried to ‘splain everything right on that thread. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you know I was given three days suspension for looking up a mods posts (which are all open to the public and for complaining to them  about trying to humiliate me and my title by taking the micky. I reported it and no one ever got back to me. After that I had enough.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C T said:

Here's a somewhat extreme but also in some parts sensible rant of how America is under siege from within. 

Its not a pleasant read, so discretion advised. 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

What has really been extremely eye-opening for people these last two and half years is discovering that Hillary's a 'basket full of deplorables' was being a bit too kind because Republicans are so much worse than anyone realized, except me and many others who grew up around the evangelicals who worship the Orange Menace.

 

From my own first-hand experience, I have known evangelicals to be the most hypocritical. Everything they believed in was 'do as I say, not as I do.' They were always so quick to mention how the only thing god hates is hypocrites as they themselves were oblivious to their own hypocrisy. 'Love the sinner, hate the sin' is something they love to repeat but they don't love their gay kids for instance. They hate the sin more. They hate everything more.

 

It didn't matter how many times Obama posted his birth certificate, he wasn't American to them because facts don't matter, not anymore. That's what happens when you tolerate lies to a degree which resembles a cultish disregard for truth and elect a creature like Trump. He's doing more damage to Americans than anyone can fully grasp because every single day is a new outrage and that's the point. He has to inoculate us from the horrible things he does every single day from the even worse things he is doing.

Yesterday, China made an announcement that took me a moment to fully appreciate in response to Trump's new tariffs; China has cancelled all orders for agricultural products from the US. I am not fluent as to the total amount of agricultural products China bought but I do know that before Trump started this 'easy-to-win' trade war with China, American farmers sold $26-27 billion in soybeans alone to China.

 

China, one of the largest markets in the world, cancelled all orders, full stop. This is next level of true horribleness for not just soy farmers but wheat farmers too. Now take a wild guess who the Chinese are buying their wheat from now? Russia. Russia is also picking up the soy market Trump has destroyed with his idiotic trade ware. Putin's interference in our elections is doing famously well now that they helped elect Trump by funneling $30 million through the NRA to help elect him.

 

Republicans are not even trying to conceal the fact that we the people are now paying American farmers less money than they would have made selling their products to China but what is even worse is the recklessness of the Trump tax cut which has drained the treasury of over a trillion dollars a year which is forcing us to borrow money from China to pay our farmers not to sell their produce to the Chinese when they were making a tidy profit selling their products under Obama.

 

The last time Republicans elected a 'businessman' to run our government, he was a half-witted semi-literate Texan who went broke because he couldn't find oil, IN TEXAS! Now Republicans think it's great to raise taxes on Americans and hand over tens of billions of dollars to Russia because they refuse to tell Trump that trade wars have never been won even once in history and they steadfastly refuse to tell this fat ignoramus that *WE* pay the tariffs, not China.

 

This is a photograph taken of the child whose parents were murdered the day before by a racist inspired by Donald Trump's hate speech and there he is, giving a thumbs up while Melanoma holds a child orphaned because of her husband! The oblivious daftness of these two humanoid imposters is on a level never witnessed in all of human history.

 

The Republican party must be destroyed at any cost. They are a crazed and reckless hate-group who have done more damage to our nation than all the tyrants in our storied history. The human race is their enemy and we must make them ours. The White House put out a statement saying, 'the president was treated like a rock star in El Paso.' Twenty-two people were murdered in cold blood by a man inspired to violence by the president. Their blood is on his hands alone and there he is giving a thumbs up with a child he is responsible for orphaning.

 

I am ashamed of being an American right now. I am ashamed my countryman thought that putting a ratfucking traitor in the White House was a good idea because they believe anything they see on Trump TV.

 

There's a cancer on America and it's growing. It's called Republicanism and it will kill this country if the adults don't do something about the infestation of Republican voters. ~

 

~ by someone who calls himself Thomas Clay Jr reacting to that pic of a grinning Trump and Melania holding a toddler whose parents were killed in the shootings. 

 

 

 

I couldn't agree more with all of it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently I am a green and red striped   commie   :D

 

Comments to me on an 'environmental forum' ;

 

 

"  it Never fails .. 20th Century red totalitarianism recycled into 21st Century green totalitarianism .... here we have the case of Mr ....., alias the "Red-Green one"....using the old marxist method to create groundswell of public opinion through the joke ...

We are going to a new Ice Age... the same scientific based that you have about the end of the Earth....and yes, dear.. Never recycled... under no circumstance...

Once, I was distracted and put a plastic bottle in a plastic container ... I needed two hours to get my bottle and throw it in a container of organic products ... How proud I felt! ... to fight the Green beast ... the green totalitarianism ... the Green Tyranny ...

I love plastic products...of course, I am liberal.. you can recycle if you like.. but you can be sure... I won´t recycle under any circunstance.. never, never and never...you can kneel down before LEVIATHAN....and their lobbies... Me NOT. "

 

What produced this tirade ?  Me teasing him of course . he  first posted :

 

" .. Personally I think we are going to a new Ice Age.... but neither worry... I must recognize I don´t waste my time in worrying about ecologism, weather etc... It is funny but I was an ecologist in early eigthies... when they were not so much popular then...save in Germany. Nowadays I do not recycle under any circumstances .. (a matter of honor for me), my car is Diesel (and next one it will be Diesel...no matter the protocole industries signed in 2014...my brother work in Skoda.. and I know the Lobbies want to finish with my dear Diesel...but i will continue with Diesel Engine in my car.... OF COURSE), I have not restriction to my high comsuption in electricity, water etc etc...I never buy any recycled product and never accept anything recycled ... almost an honor offense to me..... I care a dam everything about Weather or ecologims.... but they are very dangerous because they want to use their lobbies to short our freedom...
they are as the REDS!!!!  "

 

and I HAD to respond with this ;

 

 

maxresdefault.jpg

 

 

 

... it sent him OFF !   :D 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, manitou said:

 

I couldn't agree more with all of it.

 

I was rather intrigued by the claim re. the current trade war with China benefitting Russia. :ph34r:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C T said:

 

I was rather intrigued by the claim re. the current trade war with China benefitting Russia. :ph34r:

 

 

What has he done that hasn't benefited Russia?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/08/2019 at 2:40 AM, gendao said:

So wait...are the same Trumpuppets who believe they "own" Turtle Island (common ground taken by force) and are physically deporting and building a wall to keep "invasive freeloaders" (like themselves) out...now complaining that they are getting digitally deported here by the actual owner of this forum?

 

Can any of them please explain to me what their difference in principle is here?  Or is it just plain ole' hypocrisy?

 

Yessir I can . 

 

Deporting people and building a wall  'way over there' doesnt directly effect me ... but gettin kicked off the forum right here does .

 

Sorta like that war we Aussies supported 'way over there' ' in Vietnam  - Mhe , doesnt effect us  ( but then they put it on our lounge room tv screens and we all got really upset about it all .

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/07/2019 at 8:21 PM, sean said:

👋 Howdy y'all.

 

I wanted to tell you that I've decided to:

  • Revoke all existing moderators.

\cut\

 

With Love,

Sean

 

 

:wub:

 

Let there be Light!

 

☮️

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I give a big thank you to the revoked mods.  Not an easy job, a thankless task.  Thanks for all the time you put in.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

Quote

Deporting people and building a wall  'way over there' doesnt directly effect me ... but gettin kicked off the forum right here does .

 

Sorta like that war we Aussies supported 'way over there' ' in Vietnam  - Mhe , doesnt effect us  ( but then they put it on our lounge room tv screens and we all got really upset about it all .

 

Just took a cursory gander at Australian immigration - where apparently mandatory detention laws were enacted in 1992 as a reaction/response to the arrival of 438 "boat people" between the period of November 1989 and January 1992. Some of the "boat people" were Vietnamese; others were reported to be Cambodian and Chinese.

 

Haven't delved as much into deportation - although there was indication anyone found overstaying a visa would (by law) be detained prior to deportation, in accordance with a 1994 amendment to the mandatory detention law mentioned above. 

 

Section 6.2 in the following link covers the history of mandatory detention in Australia:

 

https://www.humanrights.gov.au/our-work/6-australias-immigration-detention-policy-and-practice

 

 

Edit to add: Perhaps the anti-illegal immigration forces in Australia don't feel they have need of a wall when they're surrounded by water...

Edited by ilumairen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ralis said:

 

 

Oh crap.  If this were to happen, we'd be banned for life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-08-11 at 4:31 PM, manitou said:

I give a big thank you to the revoked mods.  Not an easy job, a thankless task.  Thanks for all the time you put in.

 

Word up. The whole debacle-thing aside it cannot have been very easy at all, even now post The Second Coming of Sean we’re still a mouthy bunch.

 

I remember the thing where you got into that fight you’re talking about @flowing hands, i understood you had enough because there was something personal abrewing ther, it must have been since i remember you guys went at eachother hard. I dipped my nose in that business and spoke out my dissappointment regarding your tone and strategy in how that fight developed, but i have been missing your input on stuff, it wasn’t personal on my side there so i hope you’re not cross with me but i’d understand it if yes.

Either way Hands: Sorry if i stepped in it or contributed to your decision to jump ship, that was in no way my intention.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rocky Lionmouth said:

 

Word up. The whole debacle-thing aside it cannot have been very easy at all, even now post The Second Coming of Sean we’re still a mouthy bunch.

 

I remember the thing where you got into that fight you’re talking about @flowing hands, i understood you had enough because there was something personal abrewing ther, it must have been since i remember you guys went at eachother hard. I dipped my nose in that business and spoke out my dissappointment regarding your tone and strategy in how that fight developed, but i have been missing your input on stuff, it wasn’t personal on my side there so i hope you’re not cross with me but i’d understand it if yes.

Either way Hands: Sorry if i stepped in it or contributed to your decision to jump ship, that was in no way my intention.

 

Actually,

some time past I had said to Dawei I was getting fed up with the general tone of the site. My thread about climate change is still going on, I think on its 39th page and it was hijacked by the right wingers/Trumpsters who denied that it even existed. In the end I pulled out of the thread. The last straw was Kar3n, who basically has never really gelled with me and started being dismissive. I thought it was time to defend myself and I looked up all her posts on this site and another. She did not like being shown up and suspended me for three days. I think if you throw stones from a green house you must be able to take it back otherwise don't throw stones in the first place. It highlights very much that if you are in a position of power, one has to be very careful of how one conducts oneself; we all fail in some ways especially to others who have differing perspectives. It is this differing perspectives that cause such agitation between people. What I don't find very useful is the silly, stupid inane comments that are intended to dismiss others as being of little value. This is where the site falls down big time.

 

We've probably all done it!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goodbye everyone for I shall not pass this way again.

 

As a last suggestion for the forum as it languished beneath the iron hoof of Sean may I recommend 3Bob to lead the new Mod team - for he and Sean are obviously of one mind.

these-soy-boys-cant-even-piss-standing-up-hell-id-be-a-lesbian-too.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flowing hands said:

 

Actually,

some time past I had said to Dawei I was getting fed up with the general tone of the site. My thread about climate change is still going on, I think on its 39th page and it was hijacked by the right wingers/Trumpsters who denied that it even existed. In the end I pulled out of the thread. The last straw was Kar3n, who basically has never really gelled with me and started being dismissive. I thought it was time to defend myself and I looked up all her posts on this site and another. She did not like being shown up and suspended me for three days. I think if you throw stones from a green house you must be able to take it back otherwise don't throw stones in the first place. It highlights very much that if you are in a position of power, one has to be very careful of how one conducts oneself; we all fail in some ways especially to others who have differing perspectives. It is this differing perspectives that cause such agitation between people. What I don't find very useful is the silly, stupid inane comments that are intended to dismiss others as being of little value. This is where the site falls down big time.

 

We've probably all done it!

 

 

Please see my post here:

 

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/49630-proposed-simplification-of-forums/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-896835

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chang said:

Goodbye everyone for I shall not pass this way again.

 

Ciao, grandpa internet tough guy. Good luck with your inert memes, completely full diaper and everyone laughing at you whenever you leave a room.

 

Sean

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chang said:

Goodbye everyone for I shall not pass this way again.

 

I'll actually miss you Chang. You were like a crabby uncle - set in his ways, and not worth arguing with, but viewed with some affection regardless.

 

Best wishes in your journeys. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

 

I'll actually miss you Chang. You were like a crabby uncle - set in his ways, and not worth arguing with, but viewed with some affection regardless.

 

Best wishes in your journeys. 

 

 

I'll miss Chang too. He had an eloquence for insults that made it feel like one was being given a shot of Scotch on the rocks to wash down the bitter taste of their own speechless outrage. Even if his politics are opposite mine, I found him to be more enjoyable compared to other members, some of whom I abhor. One of those lines disappeared as Hun Dun was hidden, but it will forever be remembered because it was just so full of audacity and wit that few could withhold any laughter aside from its target who ended up banned. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

 

I'll miss Chang too. He had an eloquence for insults that made it feel like one was being given a shot of Scotch on the rocks to wash down the bitter taste of their own speechless outrage. Even if his politics are opposite mine, I found him to be more enjoyable compared to other members, some of whom I abhor. One of those lines disappeared as Hun Dun was hidden, but it will forever be remembered because it was just so full of audacity and wit that few could withhold any laughter aside from its target who ended up banned. 

 

There was a certain poetry and wit to his cantankerousness... 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

 

I'll miss Chang too. He had an eloquence for insults that made it feel like one was being given a shot of Scotch on the rocks to wash down the bitter taste of their own speechless outrage. Even if his politics are opposite mine, I found him to be more enjoyable compared to other members, some of whom I abhor. One of those lines disappeared as Hun Dun was hidden, but it will forever be remembered because it was just so full of audacity and wit that few could withhold any laughter aside from its target who ended up banned. 

 

I agree - it was Chang who called me an 'effortlessly annoying cat' - a title which I took as a badge of honour.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Apech said:

 

I agree - it was Chang who called me an 'effortlessly annoying cat' - a title which I took as a badge of honour.

 

He introduced me to the term SJW and (sort of affectionately) called me 'old boy' on occasion. Moreover, he (grudgingly) felt 'obliged' to read my posts as he considered them the spearhead of left-wing philosophy. :D

 

Yeah, I guess I will miss those debates too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Chang said:

Goodbye everyone for I shall not pass this way again.

 

 

Dude Leave That Chick Alone GIF

 

 

 

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites