Lightseeker

Can anyone teach me Psychic techniques?

4 minutes ago, Sentry said:

I surely congratulate the "Mister Miyagi" in your life to his persuasive power which obviously takes effect to this day...

I suppose I can see some condescending attitude there, but I have enough skill and confidence in what I do and what my peers have learned and are capable of, so I won't hold much thought when someone casts doubt, as the easiest way to dispel any doubt is to touch hands as opposed to arguing with words online.

1 minute ago, Sentry said:

Besides that, hard construction work surely builds more of the specific strength necessary for martial arts than any barbell training...

If we're talking about strength training, it depends. You can see in Shaolin and Wudang schools both doing external training with their physical exercises and chores, and internal training with their Zhan Zhuang and seated meditations. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I suppose I can see some condescending attitude there, but I have enough skill and confidence in what I do and what my peers have learned and are capable of, so I won't hold much thought when someone casts doubt, as the easiest way to dispel any doubt is to touch hands as opposed to arguing with words online.

Sure, if that's the easiest way, fly over to Germany and we can touch hands!

• Like 2

Sure, if that's the easiest way, fly over to Germany and we can touch hands!

I actually am happy to meet other Bums and have met a few offline already, so I'll just send you a PM when I drop by, which could be next year. I'll be in Northern Saxony and probably Hamburg and Berlin visiting both a couple Bums and friends from before. 

Let me know where is most convenient and we can have a go, and if you fancy a round of drinks (alcoholic or not), I insist that you allow me the honor of buying the first round or treating you out to whatever restaurant you fancy, regardless of outcome. 

And yes: I am sincere in this. We can even talk about a couple subjects you and I have had a lot of enjoyment on, such as old time strongman training and the video game and anime and paranormal subjects. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I actually am happy to meet other Bums and have met a few offline already, so I'll just send you a PM when I drop by, which could be next year. I'll be in Northern Saxony and probably Hamburg and Berlin visiting both a couple Bums and friends from before. 

Let me know where is most convenient and we can have a go, and if you fancy a round of drinks (alcoholic or not), I insist that you allow me the honor of buying the first round or treating you out to whatever restaurant you fancy, regardless of outcome. 

And yes: I am sincere in this. We can even talk about a couple subjects you and I have had a lot of enjoyment on, such as old time strongman training and the video game and anime and paranormal subjects. 

Sure, that sounds cool! ;)

• Like 2

Sure, that sounds cool! ;)

Awesome, looking forward, my friend. It's always good to have a skeptic as a friend to challenge us as well in our journey. Just make sure you let me know if you've changed your name or I'll just post in my PPJ that I'm headed there and you can remind me of our agreement here. 

Ha, this sounds like 1991 as a World Warrior the more we chat. Tell you what: I'm headed to Japan on Sunday, and if you want any Street Fighter memorabilia or any of the sort of your interest, let me know and I'll procure it for you and give it to you upon meeting you. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Sentry said:

:lol::lol::lol: Lightseeker, that guy would most likely even try to sell "working on his farm" as "teaching Nei Kung" to you! Instead of him paying you for "working on his farm", you would have to pay him for "teaching Nei Kung to you"!

Lol, "hidden Nei Kung teachings inside farm work".

I would pay to live and work in that farm without receiving neikung teachings... It's a beautiful place to live. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

Awesome, looking forward, my friend. It's always good to have a skeptic as a friend to challenge us as well in our journey. Just make sure you let me know if you've changed your name or I'll just post in my PPJ that I'm headed there and you can remind me of our agreement here. 

Sounds great! I have no martial arts training whatsoever besides some basic wing tsun training lessons (by one of the world's leading female master teachers in that martial art). But regarding my highly satisfying current rate of tendon strength training progress, it's not impossible that my strength and speed will be at Steve Morris or Watchmen Level until your visit (I'll post a photo or video in my PPD when I hit the 70 kg hammer curl)! It would be highly interesting for me to "field test" with an experienced martial artist like you, if that alone without any technical prowess is of any worth in a martial arts situation.

Ha, this sounds like 1991 as a World Warrior the more we chat.

Ryu (Street Fighter II) vs. The Comedian (Watchmen)... ;)

Tell you what: I'm headed to Japan on Sunday, and if you want any Street Fighter memorabilia or any of the sort of your interest, let me know and I'll procure it for you and give it to you upon meeting you. 

Thank you, that's very nice of you! :D

Edited by Sentry

2 hours ago, Sentry said:

Sounds great! I have no martial arts training whatsoever besides some basic wing tsun training lessons (by one of the world's leading female master teachers in that martial art). But regarding my highly satisfying current rate of tendon strength training progress, it's not impossible that my strength and speed will be at Steve Morris or Watchmen Level until your visit (I'll post a photo or video in my PPD when I hit the 70 kg hammer curl)! It would be highly interesting for me to "field test" with an experienced martial artist like you, if that alone without any technical prowess is of any worth in a martial arts situation.

Ryu (Street Fighter II) vs. The Comedian (Watchmen)... ;)

Thank you, that's very nice of you! :D

Yes, tendon strength is actually underrated so you will indeed be a worthy challenge. I won’t lie: you’d win in arm wrestling for sure, but for touch hands we can field test it.

If you learned from a teacher there in Germany then I may know of the woman you speak of as some friends of mine trained with her or her students about 13 years ago, though I don’t know her name. The structure of WC is different from the touch hands I learned, and certainly a welcome challenge too.

Oh, go to readcomicbooksonline(dot)org or readcomiconline(dot)to and check out Doomsday Clock issue #6 if you’re a fan of The Comedian. You’ll really enjoy his appearance there and what he does in the DC universe, and when his first encounter with the Joker takes place...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

but doing chores aren't necessarily a scam

Yeap, I can see a neikung master going to prison and mopping the floor while training his concentration to go into jhana. It's a "lower"/lesser technique than sitting for it, but that's like comparing a bike to a car, they both take you to the coca cola shop.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sentry said:

:lol::lol::lol: Lightseeker, that guy would most likely even try to sell "working on his farm" as "teaching Nei Kung" to you! Instead of him paying you for "working on his farm", you would have to pay him for "teaching Nei Kung to you"!

Lol, "hidden Nei Kung teachings inside farm work".

Reminds me of:

Lol I have to admit that was pretty funny!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sentry said:

Lol, with what possible range of demonstrable results exactly...?

You want a demonstration, sure,  the easiest way, fly over to Ecuador and try to punch me!

I'll let you move first.

Edited by Starjumper

24 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

You want a demonstration, sure,  the easiest way, fly over to Ecuador and try to punch me!

As much fun as that would be, I was rather thinking of you uploading some video evidence of your supposed Nei Kung mastery abilities,

so we can compare them to the abilities demonstrated by real Nei Kung masters on video,

such as:

Edited by Sentry

6 hours ago, Nungali said:

Ha!  Even  rich bitch Yolande didnt have no gold plated fireplace doors !     :D 

Now I want them !     :)  

That could be arranged.  First thing is you need is to find an electroplater with a gold tank which is around 2ft X 3ft or more.  There may not be any of those South of the equator.  The reason there is one in Seattle is because it was used to plate some special parts for th aerospace industry.    Of course you could always pay for shipping to and from Seattle  =)

10 minutes ago, Sentry said:

As much fun as that would be, I was rather thinking of you uploading some video evidence of your supposed Nei Kung mastery abilities,

so we can compare them to the abilities demonstrated by real Nei Kung masters on video,

such as:

When you grow up ponder why their students don't have those abilities and what the teacher really gets out of those videos.  My abilities are of a different sort anyway.  There is one video I've made but it isn't what I specialize in.

3 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

When you grow up ponder why their students don't have those abilities and what the teacher really gets out of those videos.

There is nothing to ponder, because you are wrong!

Proof: :P

3 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

My abilities are of a different sort anyway.  There is one video I've made but it isn't what I specialize in.

Strange! The abilities of the real Nei Kung masters seem to be pretty similar, according to the videos I posted...

27 minutes ago, Sentry said:

As much fun as that would be ...

No, it wouldn't be fun for you at all.

8 minutes ago, Sentry said:

Strange! The abilities of the real Nei Kung masters seem to be pretty similar, according to the videos I posted...

Good thing then that more advanced masters don't make videos.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Good thing then that more advanced master don't make videos.

More likely is, that those who don't possess any significant abilities to demonstrate don't make videos.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sentry said:

More likely is, that those who don't possess any significant abilities to demonstrate don't make videos.

More likely it has to do with the ideas of a clueless smart ass who thinks women shit out of their belt line and it's depicted on the covers of children's books.

I've seen demos in person.

In other words:

You can't demonstrate any abilities on video as these established and real Nei Kung masters plus their students demonstrate on video?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

More likely it has to do with the ideas of a clueless smart ass who thinks women shit out of their belt line and it's depicted on the covers of children's books.

I've seen demos in person.

If you are interested in learning how to use static electricity to do it, this should help...

http://experimentexchange.com/physics_force-energy-motion/make-objects-levitate-with-static-electricity/

Just remember that you need a very dry room and also need to have those little pieces of paper on top of the paper and not the desk itself.  The wood is not as good with the static charge. Also, your skin needs to be pretty dry when rubbing it to build up the static charge, some masters use their hair instead. Wearing wool or silk clothing will help with the static build up too.

Have fun and impress your friends...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Jeff said:

...but not scientists and medical doctors equipped with a metal detector, voltmeter etc. inside a random hotel room. :rolleyes:

In other words: John Chang's abilities are obviously real and not faked with cheap tricks.

Edited by Sentry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Jeff said:

If you are interested in learning how to use static electricity to do it, this should help...

http://experimentexchange.com/physics_force-energy-motion/make-objects-levitate-with-static-electricity/

Just remember that you need a very dry room and also need to have those little pieces of paper on top of the paper and not the desk itself.  The wood is not as good with the static charge. Also, your skin needs to be pretty dry when rubbing it to build up the static charge, some masters use their hair instead. Wearing wool or silk clothing will help with the static build up too.

Jeff, please do not share how to ignite a crumpled up newspaper, it's a Dao bums tradition watching the ones chasing "power." And it has led to many memorable moments here. Who could ever forget the sit on the wire training method?!

Well, Jeff's questionable advice to Starjumper in one sentence was: "If you can't make it, fake it!"

I hope that wasn't meant seriously...

Edited by Sentry