X2471990

Long men pai nei gong and mo pai

Now I'm thinking that it's actually smart of the mods to not ban Mr. Coffee.  I have my own reasons, which are probably not theirs, but it could be interesting to hear from others: what the benefits are to any and all including him, from not banning the troll.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Now I'm thinking that it's actually smart of the mods to not ban Mr. Coffee.  I have my own reasons, which are probably not theirs, but it could be interesting to hear from others: what the benefits are to any and all including him, from not banning the troll.

Sunlight has a cleansing effect.  Allowing -- nay! encouraging -- ilovecoffee to be as transparent and forthcoming as he is able paints a powerful portrait of him and, more significantly, of the MPG group.  If he were banned and these threads relegated to the ash heap of history, the readers of this forum (which is a tremendously larger group than the active posters) and the innocent searchers for MoPai (since this is one of the most prominent search engine results on the topic) would be less likely to see things clearly from a casual perusal.

One thing I noticed, by the way, is that their forum is either "experiencing technical difficulties" or has chosen to hide the formerly publicly available content there since these "discussions" have been going on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brian said:

Sunlight has a cleansing effect.  Allowing -- nay! encouraging -- ilovecoffee to be as transparent and forthcoming as he is able paints a powerful portrait of him and, more significantly, of the MPG group.  If he were banned and these threads relegated to the ash heap of history, the readers of this forum (which is a tremendously larger group than the active posters) and the innocent searchers for MoPai (since this is one of the most prominent search engine results on the topic) would be less likely to see things clearly from a casual perusal.

One thing I noticed, by the way, is that their forum is either "experiencing technical difficulties" or has chosen to hide the formerly publicly available content there since these "discussions" have been going on.

Although some members are also on neigongforum, that is not our private forum.

44 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

well, for one thing this thread is reasonable civil. It has not been dumped down into the pit/hundun. So there's no real reason to ban mr coffee. ( about coffee, somewhere there is a thread about the use/non-use of coffee and why. Don't touch people' s food preferences :D )

earlier I already mentioned that it is nice to see mirror-processes on the go, always easier to see when others are doing the mirroring, big mirror here too.

But it's useful thread, an overwhelming amount of reasons not to join Mopai will help people/ young guys not to go there I think.

edit : typo

Edited by blue eyed snake
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Brian said:

and the innocent searchers for MoPai (since this is one of the most prominent search engine results on the topic

on innocent searchers of MoPai,

there was a strange thread about the possible death of John Chang, i haven't visited the forum in long time. I sincerely hope this thread has been removed by now. That thread felt bad to me.

42 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

... that is not our forum.

Well that's funny, because just a little while ago you wrote:

We have to keep the unbalanced people out of our forum

Nothing to see here   ...        YAAAhahahaha

Edited by Starjumper

8 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Well that's funny, because just a little while ago you wrote:

Nothing to see here   ...        YAAAhahahaha

Hi Starjumper,

We have a few members who have membership here but they keep quiet for a reason,  we also have members on other forums related to MoPai, but our private forum is separate from these,  I hope that clears up any misunderstandings.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

20 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

I hope that clears up any misunderstandings.

Ah so, you are into clarifying things here.

YAAAhahahahaha

Edited by Starjumper

Inspired by the notion that there is a WMP practitioner on every forum speaking about meditative arts, I found an old Sean Denty post on the Shaolin Wahnam site. It spoke about the levels :

1) Fill the LDT with yang qi. 

2) Compress and continue. 

3) Sever the six chords that holds the LDT in place. When this is done. The LDT will be able to move in your body,  AND KARMA NO LONGER AFFECTS YOU!  Kind of useful... 

4) Move the LDT down to the Huiyin. 

5) Merge yin and yang. This should get a rather large reaction , which is known to kill practitioners. 

Hope I got that right. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Someone please give silent thunder a drink and a round for all of us. That deserves a toast. 

Much Love Mate! 

:D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

"You are not my patient.  I don't have patients.  I have students.  I'm not healing you.  I'm teaching you so you may manifest natural healing."  Tears of gratitude even now as I consider what his wisdom and dedicated practice allowed me to experience through him.  *deep bow*

thanks silent thunder, for saying it soo well

I bow, not to you, but to the way that you are

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 小梦想 said:

It isn't the fact that you see things differently that causes concern, it's the fact that you try to state your way of seeing and believing is correct and the only way to see things.

It isn't always what you write, but what is insinuated that is the issue. Your truth is your truth alone and when a whole group of people see your truth as untruth then you need to consider that maybe your truth isn't what you thought it to be. 

You make statements that are not productive to others who want to learn meditation which then creates a requirement to at least put a different perspective up for others who may not know to read and consider.

Nowhere does it say is any of the books nor the video that 10 hours are required and if you can't do long periods of time then you shouldn't train at all.

In fact, the video of john chang where they ask him if he is special, he replies that is is meditation EVERY DAY. In the Magus of Java when Kostas talks about stories John Chang told him, he specifically says that his ability to meditate for long periods of time didn't happen until he went off into the jungle. Then he found himself doing 4 hours at a time and then 6 and then longer. This implies up to that point he never could do more than 4 hours and he was already level 3 at this stage. 

When Kostas talks about john when he started training, John would get in trouble if he hadn't trained that day, and how his teacher was always able to tell if he had trained. This alone would imply that he was specifically instructed to train every day, not once was it implied that he had to train for 10 hours, but train as long as he was able.

If you don't consider my words, then consider that of John chang and Kostas where they actually talk about time spent in meditation. Are you really going to argue with what John Chang himself said.

FYI, when john started training, he did horse stance only for at least 6 months. Wonder if horse stance is somehow significant. I know what it does and why he was required to do it, but do you? Do any of your group know why he was required to do horse stance, or do you just assume it was a test of his character and commitment. Is this another assumption of MPG that  he bullies people into accepting as fact. I say so so that is how it is, and if you disagree with anything I say then you aren't the type of person who should be learning Mo Pai. He rules your group like a dictator and everyone follows and agrees out of fear that they may be excommunicated and lose the "only real training available". It is sad, but he is so wrong on so many levels and doesn't allow anyone to question him. Just read some thread on Neigong forum for anyone who doesn't believe me.

People who all make the same mistake, will have the same exact outcomes. Feeling stuff internally doesn't always point to accomplishment, but sometimes points to mistakes turning into health issues. They don't really manifest as big health issues straight away, but over time will become small issues like allergies, or constant soft stool, cold hands, anything really. Later they will become big issues but western medicine doesn't find things till they cause considerable issues. 

An easy to way to know if I am correct is to go and see any local Chinese medicine doctor. They can check imbalances in your system. If you training is doing all the good you think it is, then that doctor shouldn't find any deficiencies or blockages.

No need to reply, I don't necessarily write replies to you for your benefit or because I like to argue. I just write so that information that is my truth, is available to others reading this thread. 

Small Dream,

Literally, all we do is review what Chang told Kosta and Jim, and nothing more.  That is it.

We all practice as much as our lives allow for, and we are all working to do our best to better ourselves and get to a point where we can focus on training full time.

Our experiences are not internal feelings.

We are doing our best, and if you disagree then you disagree.

I hope your practice works out well for you, but you and I are done arguing.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

Moderator- Warning To All

If you've stated your piece, made your argument known, then walk away.  Don't keep picking at the same arguments til they bleed.   I ask all sides to stop any pettiness and insults and move on.  Find another subject cause this one has been picked over well enough.

If participants have nothing positive to say then please take a break from this thread.  Put your energy elsewhere, preferable into something positive because there's been enough negativity here. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2017 at 5:24 PM, Earl Grey said:

4) The more you talk, the more you should be quiet.

:):):)

Forty One Pages!

Have we got anywhere or learned anything?

"For in and out, above, about, below,
‘Tis nothing but a Magic Shadow-show,
      Play’d in a Box whose Candle is the Sun,
Round which we Phantom Figures come and go."

It is a sad fact that we are drawn to More Pie threads in much the same way as a moth is drawn to the flame. In all honesty the subject interests us, amuses us and infuriates us in equal measure but can we say that it leads us anywhere? The answer is always no.

I must admit that the latest (in an ever increasing line) of More Pie Jihadi's is a most polite fellow - which accounts for his extended survival on the forum. But it is all "Round like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel." Ilovecoffee must be getting as dizzy as the rest of us.:lol:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Someone please give silent thunder a drink and a round for all of us. That deserves a toast. 

Normally I would skip such a long post in a thread like this, but thanks to your comment I went back and read it.  It is excellent and is similar in many ways to my path.  I wasn't disabled, but I was an emotional wreck and generally a physical basket case.  Thank you Silent Thunder for sharing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 小梦想 said:

When a statement is made: " Literally, all we do is review what Chang told Kosta and Jim, and nothing more.  That is it." yet huge aspects of mo pai are ignored that are included in both books from kostas and the video on John Chang then certain questions should be raised. Especially when they see themselves as different, yet insinuate they or/and what they do is superior to other arts.

If for no other reason than making it clear to newcomers that their views are their own, the training methodology that they use is their own and the art of western mo pai is not the same as real mo pai despite them saying it is. At the very best it is a blend of Mo Pai, kostas, jim and MPG(though he has the most input with the least amount of ability).

Best case scenario their methods put people who try their methods and methodology off meditation, worst case people cause physical and mental health problems. 

Not a single answer has been given as to why they ignore important aspects of the lineage. They feel a master should prove himself by STRIPPING to his underwear and allowing them to use a metal detector on him to prove he isn't a fraud, yet they cannot even ANSWER simple questions that per their "teachers" can cause permanent injury if not followed.

If I am leaning towards breaking an actual forum rule please let me know and I will stop.

I do the same training as you, yet hold no warped view of reality nor do I embellish the truth. Being level 3 does very very little change to a person. You can try and pretend somehow you and your classmates are now somehow magical powerful beings, and a good amount of people will believe it because they want it to be true, but me and you both know being abducted by aliens is 1000 times cooler than anything your lot can do/ pretend to be able to do.

I know you think you are being truthful, and I can see that you cannot comprehend some of the things that are pointed out so you are not doing things totally on purpose I guess. I child who doesn't have the mental capacity to do higher level math isn't to blame for not being able to comprehend something above his intelligence level.  Not everyone can be theoretical physicists and not everyone can self evaluate before they require the need of it.

I do wish you well, yet not in the same sense that you may think. I wish you health, and really hope I am wrong regarding what this training is doing to you guys. I wish you and your whole group health, both physical and mental and I can say that honestly.

Do your best then, do it without coming on here and making absurd claims then refusing to justify them. Just recently members from your group were near enough shouting on here that anyone who makes the claim they can do anything should put up or shut up. If you don't want to answer any questions, don't make any claims at all. 

Ok, now I am done. I will do my wasted 30 mins of meditation. I might do another 30 mins this evening when I have some more spare time. A whole hour wasted not accomplishing anything because somehow I cannot reach deep levels of meditation within a 30 min period. How long does it take to fall asleep? Must take you guys hours because reaching the state between waking and sleeping requires 10 hours somehow. 

Ok, now I am done haha. Sorry, I was just having a conversation really and never meant to upset anyone. 

Small Dream,

That is the truth. Literally, all we do is study what John taught Kosta and Jim, and nothing more.

What we study is the same as what the Indonesians study, Jim was tested level by level by John himself.

About our experiences, we can't talk about them here for obvious reasons. No, we do not think of ourselves as special magical beings as you put it, this is something anyone who puts in the effort with the correct methods can experience.  Our experiences are not hallucinatory, nor are they internal feelings.

We can answer questions, but not here in this environment.

You say you are done and I certainly hope you mean it.

I hope your practice works out well for you.

Edited by Ilovecoffee