X2471990

Long men pai nei gong and mo pai

11 minutes ago, Aeran said:

Find a job working 20 - 30 hours a week, working somewhere you can afford a living space with a garden on that salary, and you can easily practice 4 - 6 hours a day with time left over.

Obviously this would entail some effort and sacrifices to set up, but if what you have is both as amazing and important as you claim, wouldn't it be worth it? Unless, of course, you're all talk, you simply want to have your cake (or dare I say... Pie?) and eat it too.

We do the best we can, but we need to be in a position to dedicate all day every day for years to truly make progress.

If you disagree, then we agree to disagree.

9 hours ago, Brian said:

Had John Chang gone with them to the university the next day as had been planned, perhaps there would have been objective evidence.  Instead, we have a very good video providing anecdotal evidence.  This in no way suggests John Chang is a fraud or that the people observing him were incompetent or anything of the nature.  I have said all along that I see no reason not to take the video at face value.  That value, however, doesn't rise to the level of "objective evidence" regardless of who was present.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anecdotal evidence

evidence in the form of stories that people tell about what has happened to them

6 hours ago, blue eyed snake said:

Brian isn't playing games, merely very patiently trying to explain to you what objective evidence means. Y

Seems to be a very patient guy.

I could not care less what Brian of house Daobums claims.

Webster explains it quite well.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

15 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

We do the best we can, but we need to be in a position to dedicate all day every day for years to truly make progress.

If you disagree, then we agree to disagree.

Neither Kosta nor Jim devoted "all day every day," and they made progress. In fact it's their progress which you guys base all of your claims to credibility on. Kosta completed all of the training your group has available in 8 years, while maintaining a relationship with his girlfriend, travelling, socializing, writing, teaching and possibly working as an engineer (I'm not sure on the last one, he may have retired by that stage).

As a fun little side project, I decided to put together a diagram to explain why the youtube videos of John Chang do not constitute scientific evidence:

fd6ca4d8a0.png

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Aeran said:

Neither Kosta nor Jim devoted "all day every day," and they made progress. In fact it's their progress which you guys base all of your claims to credibility on. 

As a fun little side project, I decided to put together a diagram to explain why the youtube videos of John Chang do not constitute scientific evidence:

fd6ca4d8a0.png

We can agree to disagree Aeran about training, objective is the word, goodbye and best wishes.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

Just now, Ilovecoffee said:

We can agree to disagree Aeran, goodbye and best wishes.

We could agree to disagree about the color of the sky as well, but it's still not red ;)

... I wonder how many times you've typed out the phrase "goodbye and best wishes" in this thread? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aeran said:

We could agree to disagree about the color of the sky as well, but it's still not red ;)

... I wonder how many times you've typed out the phrase "goodbye and best wishes" in this thread? 

Goodbye, our conversation has ended.

1 minute ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Goodbye, our conversation has ended.

Then why do you keep replying? 

Or is it a koan - If a conversation consists of nothing but someone saying that the conversation is over, is it a conversation?

Maybe contemplating this koan will turn my aura yellow so I can merge yin & yang... ;)

• Like 1

Just now, 小梦想 said:

I am genuinely asking.

What are your reasons for disagreeing with my statement? Where in the books does it say doing what you state is better. I know from person experience and observation that daily practice beats long intermittent sessions. 

Who told you this, what proof do they offer other than their word? 

No.

Best wishes.

3 hours ago, Aeran said:

Kosta states that standing practice is an essential adjunct to seated practice, and that without it, it is impossible to advance in the seated practice. 

And both Kosta and Jim practiced martial arts, thus learning to use the qi collected in seated and standing practice. 

1 hour ago, Aeran said:

fd6ca4d8a0.png

This one should be saved and used for further reference. 

8 hours ago, Ilovecoffee said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/objective

1:

b :  of, relating to, or being an object, phenomenon, or condition in the realm of sensible experience independent of individual thought and perceptible by all observers :  having reality independent of the mind objective reality

d :  involving or deriving from sense perception or experience with actual objects, conditions, or phenomena

The problem is Brian is that WORDS MEAN THINGS.

I am not going to pretend I am not reading the words as they are written.

Indeed, words do mean things.  In fact, words can be extremely significant.  That's why I keep correcting you.

8 hours ago, Ilovecoffee said:

I could not care less what Brian of house Daobums claims.

Webster explains it quite well.

That's "Brian of house physicist," thank you very much.

Bestest wishes!

Oh! A thought -- one place you might find lots of people who think like you think you think would be the scientific departments at your nearest college or university -- physics, chemistry, biology, etc. Have you tried recruiting there?  They might be impressed by your video "objective evidence." Just a helpful suggestion...

• Like 1

yang chi descriptions sound like static electricity and its color is blue. x100 times said already but worth mentioning again

perhaps the core is in belly but the field is generated around the body. That field is a force and its yin.

--

and that force also defines the skin resistance. As also bioenergy and impedance etc.

Edited by allinone

the marks on the center of palm could be the point where a electricity is grounded, so it is not shoot outside, but that is opposite, it is charged what is grounded from that field into the hand.

why it is needed celibacy, it is the sensual activity produces a delusion and that is a cloud, it will be grounded one day, not you grounding but you get hit by something what causes a discharge.

---

For an example fry pan.

Edited by allinone

21 hours ago, Ilovecoffee said:

We chose MoPai because ...

... but, MoPai did not chose you ... :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Jox said:

... but, MoPai did not chose you ... :ph34r:

If that's what you want to believe Jox I won't argue with you.

Best wishes.

2 hours ago, Brian said:

Indeed, words do mean things.  In fact, words can be extremely significant.  That's why I keep correcting you.

Brian, again what Websters says is clear, if somehow you read the definition of objective 1b, and 1d, or anecdotal evidence and come to a different conclusion then I can't help.    We are obviously in different universes here as far as what words mean.  The best I can do is wish you well, but I am not going to play these games with you.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

6 hours ago, 小梦想 said:

I assume it is because you do not wish to make it known that your opinion on this matter comes from MPG and he has no ability or standing whatsoever when it comes to neigong 内功 other than the fact that he knew Jim.  

In a lineage where you have a teacher who can check your progress and give feedback you start to make observations. One such observation is that those who during their first 2 years of training did 2+ hours of meditation did not have more progress or have more qi than those who did less than 1 hour. Both sets of students however had considerably more qi and progress than those who didn't train every day.

There were some who would train, skip 3-4 days because they had "no time" or were "busy" and then train for 4-5 hours in one day to make up for it. These few individuals had the least progress and the least amount of qi. 

This would suggest that in the beginning stages our dantian can only accept so much new qi every day. Those who make progress are the ones who do a little bit every day. Something as little as 15 mins a day is still better than nothing. 

Discipline in doing something every day is why certain people make progress and others don't. Discipline is why some are successful and others not. You can best wishes me all day, but you spend so much time on here, I am surprised you have any time to train. Have you passed level 1 yet? Do you intend to pass sometime this lifetime of are you just going to argue online all the time?

A curious thing to note is that none of you guys seem to have enough money to travel to find true teachers, and don't have enough money to be able to train every day, yet I have not seen anyone with an attitude that brings about success. A nice little chinese sentence might be fitting.

只有努力才能成功

Maybe stop worrying about some random person online who might be looking for mo pai and focus on your own training. This goes for you and your entire group. Just train, stop talking nonsense online and get on with your own things. Those who have the predestined path to meet you will, and those who don't won't.

I do earn enough to travel to China on my vacation, I do have enough to pay a guide and translator,  to me at least that seems like a bad investment.   Until I have completed all levels available to me, why would I go searching for something more?

What I don't have however is enough money to retire.

As to your experiences, please understand I don't value your advice or opinions on this topic and I am not interested in it.

I wish you the best but I am not interested in further discussion with you.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

Isn't there a difference between objective, which is quoted, and objective evidence? 

D) reads like a subjective experience to me, but again english is not my first language. 

2 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

Isn't there a difference between objective, which is quoted, and objective evidence? 

D) reads like a subjective experience to me, but again english is not my first language. 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/objective

1:

b :  of, relating to, or being an object, phenomenon, or condition in the realm of sensible experience independent of individual thought and perceptible by all observers :  having reality independent of the mind objective reality

d :  involving or deriving from sense perception or experience with actual objects, conditions, or phenomena

If a window breaks, and all observers in the room observe the same event, and you capture it on camera, the event has been objectively documented on camera, it's not an opinion, it's not personal testimony, it's not anecdotal.