X2471990

Long men pai nei gong and mo pai

8 hours ago, 小梦想 said:

When a statement is made..

After this comes the same writing and arguments we've seen in the previous 40 pages.   It is what it is, a thread that will continual circling and going nowhere.  You won't get answers beyond the previous ones.  But I encourage you to start new conversations and threads asking similar questions.  Maybe not through a Mo Pai lens, but it'd be great to see more threads on the nature of meditation, its techniques and depths. 

Conversation moving in a line, and not circling back on itself over and over. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, thelerner said:

Moderator- Warning To All

If you've stated your piece, made your argument known, then walk away.  Don't keep picking at the same arguments til they bleed.   I ask all sides to stop any pettiness and insults and move on.  Find another subject cause this one has been picked over well enough.

If participants have nothing positive to say then please take a break from this thread.  Put your energy elsewhere, preferable into something positive because there's been enough negativity here. 

Thanks, I'm outa here.

May the Force be with you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Thanks, I'm outa here.

May the Force be with you.

Apparently gone off to do some empty-minded meditation.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, 小梦想 said:

A big part of your panda bootcamp must be selective reading because I have never met a group of people with such ability as the western mo pai crew. Maybe these are the supernatural manifestations you keep talking about. 

I am as I am typing trying to find the closest wall so I could bang my head against it.

If I close my eyes and ears then the whole world and all of reality disappears. 

None of us believe in the supernatural.  There is only the natural universe. If our science hasn't probed into some area of reality yet, our ignorance of it doesn't make it supernatural.

I wish you the best Small Dream, I hope your practice works out well for you.

22 hours ago, 小梦想 said:

I do the same training as you, yet hold no warped view of reality nor do I embellish the truth.

Since the horse is long dead, whipping it will produce no result. 

But since you mentioned this, is your practice something you care to discuss? 

• Like 1

On ‎15‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 9:34 PM, silent thunder said:

This is why I now find it true that Taoist pursuits are not about adding stuff to my tool box, they're about losing things.  Stripping away all the assumptions and energetic matrices built up by non real thought matrices over time.  Thoughts of others that I was compelled to agree to, thoughts that come from my own illusions.  Some of them from my very perceptual experiences, born of believing thoughts that aren't real, true or even important.

It's not about knowing the path.  I don't know my path.  I am the path.  I am the way. 

So try it... empty the self, be the breath and in that core.  What is authentic cannot fall away... so release everything and be open to what remains and in my case, that which remains is unfailingly my core essence. 

This led me to Masters Zhou, Wang Li Ping.  My wife of 28 years.  My life's passions and my own innate natural power.

And no argument or statement from anyone else can shake it, because I know their words are just reflections of their thoughts and this next point has been crystallized for me as vajra.  A flash of insight that is unignorable which illuminates a truth as hard as diamond.

Thoughts aren't real.  They're just thoughts.  We have 90,000 a day.  Nothing about them is real, true or even important.

I don't know my path.  But I walk it.  I am it.

Simple being.

most of my practice now has fallen away from forms, but has expanded into every step and moment of my life.

Master Zhou shared this with me.

Kind Heart 

Quiet Heart

Sincere Heart.

With these, all of life becomes practice.  Without them, we're just waving our hands in the air.

What do you Love?  I guarantee your path is linked to that.

and it's never even a hair's width away from you... ever.

You would be depressed and low. The things in your life just absorb the most bad what could be potentially possible to weight you down.

So mostly or the great part be thankful to the absorbers around you; what you already are doing, so nothing wrong here.

But what my eyes see, is that you don't take into account the potential suffering what is there just waiting.

On ‎15‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 9:34 PM, silent thunder said:

I work 60+ hour weeks in construction with no pain, an even disposition and much humor and joy. 

thats you working 60 hours or even 40 and with a joy.

I wonder what is your few on Path you walk. You have a heavy load of karma by the logic i use; the logic is your life is your karma, so if you would have light karma you wouldn't have to work so long or for money to afford you stuff(would you still work or do the same things(with a grin on your face) if you wouldn't get paid)

What heavenly karma is, having a throne, land and title and all associations what comes with it. What it is to do with having a day job for someone else and that someone else is having a job for someone higher...So day job is you are at the lowest point.

----

So to be fair. so i tell that if i work for other person i die inside, it feels bad.

Edited by allinone

Great attitude towards life, Silent Thunder.

If I was in a cafe, I'd fake orgasm

and say, 'I'll have what he's having'.

crap I just deleted the post I was complimenting, cause I'm stupid

• Like 3

1 minute ago, allinone said:

i saw that post. It was beautiful.

But sorry delusional.

If so, then its the delusion of personal happiness. 

Not a bad one to have. 

If not enlightenment, then inner lightening. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, thelerner said:

If so, then its the delusion of personal happiness. 

Not a bad one to have. 

If not enlightenment, then inner lightening. 

that what is happiness ,can be experienced in brain. Without going through real life scenarios what make you happy.

• Like 1

that what is happiness ,can be experienced in brain. Without going through real life scenarios what make you happy.

Yes I couldn't have said it better myself.  Though another person has:

Tapio Raevaara Helsinki Finland (found on an old martial arts website)

Happiness is a skill found within. 

If a person is happy or unhappy just depending on external circumstances,

it's like being adrift on the sea.

You say you're only able to find temporary happiness in your family, friend and work... 

Do you think that will change if you manage to improve the status quo?

I don't think so. 

By definition, happiness brought by external circumstances is circumstantial - thus, temporary.

You would still be a slave to the circumstances.

• Like 6

Tho, end times will come and there even hope dies. Not sure how it could be expressed but in youtube i found a Quaran end time stuff that it is that awful that you find those lucky who are dead and you want to be dead too but can't.

So the feelings, sensations die off, it takes time before new things start to grow again.

9 hours ago, allinone said:

Tho, end times will come and there even hope dies. Not sure how it could be expressed but in youtube i found a Quaran end time stuff that it is that awful that you find those lucky who are dead and you want to be dead too but can't.

So the feelings, sensations die off, it takes time before new things start to grow again.

Be wary of that stuff. 

Lots of Quran stuff is a death cult in new clothes, like ISIS. 

Better to practice Pure Land Buddhism to get out of the negativity. 

Edited by johndoe2012
  • Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:00 AM, Mudfoot said:

Since the horse is long dead, whipping it will produce no result. 

Yeah, but you get the satisfaction of whipping it and not worrying that in might kick you.  It's a cheap trick for boosting one's ego.

1 minute ago, Marblehead said:

But some of us enjoy our delusions.

delusions attract traumas. Traumas needed to space out from delusions.

---------

the basics of basics

• Like 2

Yeah.  I wasn't recommending that we should hold to our delusions.  But at least, if we have any we should know what they are.

• Like 2

Had a boss once who liked to say, "There's no dead horse too dead to beat."

He was an ass.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah.  I wasn't recommending that we should hold to our delusions.  But at least, if we have any we should know what they are.

also this that whatever you do will end and usually ends before the feelings end. So you will think you are missing 10 percent or blame luck.

• Like 1

also this that whatever you do will end and usually ends before the feelings end. So you will think you are missing 10 percent or blame luck.

That's one of the reasons why Devils had to be created.  Now people have someone to blame for the unfulfilled illusions and delusions.

• Like 1