Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

What happens when we die

I see where you are coming from, but Im not speaking about other children, I was speaking of personal memories.  For example, do you remember eating dinner yesterday?  Are you sure it was really you eating dinner?  Maybe you just tuned into the telepathic experience of an alternate dimension of another version of yourself eating dinner!

In fact, memories never prove the existence of a self.

Memories are primarily meant to improve survivability: if I remember where's the food, it's not really important that the memory includes a solid self experiencing stuff as long as I get a meal.

In my opinion, the existence of a self is validated by the social experience: it's like the self is projected onto you by others.

Therefore, it's quite straightforward for me to theorize that a very susceptible child may receive the self of another person early in life. When people around him start to believe that this stuff is real, the effect of this phenomenon is even greater.

• Like 1

It is not much different than the frequency you have chosen to hold yourself to.

And for the most part that frequency does not change a great deal until you are done with it.

It is the karma you have chosen to reside in.

The illusion will be more vibrant and you will still have the limited abilities you limit yourself to here - until you begin to relinquish a few of those limitations. The more firmly entrenched you are here the longer you will remain ridgidized there. It is an easy transition.

If you have a fear based religion and a desparate need for someone else to forgive you - then you will have fear there and long for "other than you" - it will be as paralyzing as it is now here in this noisy robotic trance illusion.

• Like 1

If you are in a frequency that is present to Now and not in past and futures - if you have settled into that - and beyond that - if you have settled into oneness - the transition will be rapidly increasing intensity of color and sound and richness beyond all words and wonder. Beings of glory and light and more alive than ten thousand jungles with much more life and intelligence.

Fear does not exist in now - it is a figment of past/future.

Time does not exist and space does not exist.

And everything I am stating here is completely verifiable - by sober clean clear methods that are so much simpler than assumed and that have stared you in the face a thousand times.

Every major teaching no matter how mangled and even false has placed in its books somewhere the idea that - heaven is right here at hand - just a wink and you are there - but it is all taken with a cement truck load of salt and adhesive.

We are now in a state of Hugh and wonderful change - miraculous change - many are Awakening - and from Awakening the learning curve is steep.

Until now most have died trying to go up the steps - the steps were never necessary to get to Now.

We are completely addicted to the noise - drop the noise and you no longer exist - the unborn becomes you - the ocean you have always been - even when you forgot and called yourself "I"

• Like 1

The fly in that particular ointment is that to have those thoughts you must first use 'I'.

'I'believe this, 'I' think that, 'I' feel the other.

There is no one with which one can converse that is devoid of the identity 'I'

So, when you say this is true, you are not able to prove it and you patently aren't experiencing it. I would suggest that zero proof plus zero experience means that you are acting on faith, not reality.

• Like 2

I've read a few books about NDE's, and I find them very convincing.

Check out the website near-death.com , and scroll down the home page to the section "notable NDE's" to read about some very extraordinary NDE's.

I've done work with IANDS, even helping to found a chapter. The people I've spoken with have amazing stories.

• Like 1

In fact, memories never prove the existence of a self.

Memories are primarily meant to improve survivability: if I remember where's the food, it's not really important that the memory includes a solid self experiencing stuff as long as I get a meal.

In my opinion, the existence of a self is validated by the social experience: it's like the self is projected onto you by others.

Therefore, it's quite straightforward for me to theorize that a very susceptible child may receive the self of another person early in life. When people around him start to believe that this stuff is real, the effect of this phenomenon is even greater.

What if the memory is never discussed with others, and is not of an earthly life, but the actual process of death and dying and being reborn itself?  Id like to hear how you would explain something like that - honestly, Im quite interested in your theories.

this video clearly details the dying process from the Tibetan pov. 

Thank you CT, this touches on several observations and experiences I had, I will surely listen to it again,

bes

• Like 1

I don't think so. That's why everybody is playing mind games with this topic. Like I said, I have seen people in the dying process. They seem to be aware of dying. They may be afraid to die but they are not saying. You just slip into unconsciousness and that's it.

I wonder mankind really want to know about something like this.....?

Mankind wants to claim it knows everything - even through stating it knows nothing.  Thats how fucked up mankind is.  Mankind wants to be king of the hill.  Mankind wants to win.  And in its own little tiny world, mankind is a legendary hero of epic proportions.  In reality, in the big scheme of things, mankind is less than the tiniest grain of sand.  This causes what is known as "dissonance" within the mind of mankind.  Such "dissonance" is the genesis of untold waste, countless failures, and may very well be the final nail in mankind's coffin.

• Like 1

What if the memory is never discussed with others, and is not of an earthly life, but the actual process of death and dying and being reborn itself?  Id like to hear how you would explain something like that - honestly, Im quite interested in your theories.

In that case,-unlike relating verifiable account of a previous life- it would be a subjective experience and it couldn't demonstrate reincarnation/rebirth.

Even if many people talk about the same kind of experience (for example: tunnel of light, feeling of tremendous love in NDE), it would amount to a "mind experience", like lucid dreams.

In that case,-unlike relating verifiable account of a previous life- it would be a subjective experience and it couldn't demonstrate reincarnation/rebirth.

Even if many people talk about the same kind of experience (for example: tunnel of light, feeling of tremendous love in NDE), it would amount to a "mind experience", like lucid dreams.

I see - you need objective proofs.   Thats good.  I like it.

• Like 1

You just slip into unconsciousness and that's it.

That's exactly why in some traditions the importance of dream practice is emphasised, as the process of falling asleep is seen to be similar to dying.

• Like 3

I've once seen a toddler telling about a past life, the kid was not yet three years old, was developmental slow regarding talk. he normally used two word sentences like " want bread " but many times he still used sort of random noises and grunts as a way of communicating his wishes. ( he grew up to be pretty smart and verbally very strong though)

he was just sitting in his playcorner, singing some nonsense words and then something happened, he walked to me asking: why is it that you're my mom and i a kid, while I used to be an old man and you were a young woman. This in sentences that you can expect of say a 5 or six year-old that's good with language.

also, his stance, his way of being, his personality totally changed.

he was a shy little boy, and all of a sudden there stood a very selfassured guy, indeed a wise old man, to be honest I felt like prostrating myself before him... it was an amazing experience.

at the time I was more like a materialist, there never was talk of past lives or such things in our home and he lived a secluded life, being home with me mostly. For me it has been a changing point in my outlook on ' reality'

whether this is about past lives or whether some people just can get a look into the past, I dunno. To me it feels like past lives are sort of reality

I'm sure it's more than just picking up things from the direct time and space frame, 

But needed this experience to arrive at that point,

Bes

• Like 4

I don't think so. That's why everybody is playing mind games with this topic. Like I said, I have seen people in the dying process. They seem to be aware of dying. They may be afraid to die but they are not saying. You just slip into unconsciousness and that's it.

Steve Jobs is said to have said in his last breaths with some excitement:

"Oh my!"

Everyone attending his eulogy was given by his request:

Autobiography of a Yogi

I personally know of several who have died that were not afraid in the least.

• Like 1

The story of Anita Moorjani is interesting, she had quite a remarkable NDE which was published in some medical journals. In her experience after dying of severe cancer she came to a realm of clarity where she understood her whole life and felt connected to everyone in a shared consciousness, then communicated with dead family members like her father. 

• Like 1

You know what John Lennon said asked him his name in the ER. This was right after he was shot. He said my name is John Lennon.

• Like 1

Buddha dog.

The deep and unlikely friendship you sometimes see in animals of vastly different species can also point too.. idk, friendships from past lives?

Some people seem to be old souls. 

Yeah, until the snake gets hungry!!!! Look out little bunny!!!!   It's probably stuffed.

• Like 1

I'm a Christian, so I'll give a very Christian perspective...

When you die, you either go to heaven or to hell, depending on whether or not you had faith in Christ.

Does that mean that if you're a Christian-hating Taoist you'll go to hell? The short answer, at least MY short answer, is yes...

This is not a way to convert people to my religion. I'm just stating my personal beliefs.

I do believe that a person can be both a Taoist and a Christian, which is why I am here.

Death asked Life:  "What's it like?".

Life responded: "Its to die for".

Life asked Death: "What's it like?"

Death responded:  "I'm dying to find out".

• Like 2

I'm a Christian, so I'll give a very Christian perspective...

When you die, you either go to heaven or to hell, depending on whether or not you had faith in Christ.

Does that mean that if you're a Christian-hating Taoist you'll go to hell? The short answer, at least MY short answer, is yes...

This is not a way to convert people to my religion. I'm just stating my personal beliefs.

I do believe that a person can be both a Taoist and a Christian, which is why I am here.

I spent my childhood years in Catholic School because my mother was Catholic, and my father, who was a non-practicing Protestant loved her, and went along with it. (The Church would not let mom get married unless her children were raised Catholic)  When I went to High School I went to Mass. When I went into the Service, I stopped going to Church. When I came out, I met an Irish girl who was a teacher in a Catholic grammer school, so we got married in the Catholic Church. As the years went on, I was in and out of my Faith. There was always something there in the organzation that I could not put my finger on until 4 years ago when I finally stopped ignoring it...it was the issue of CONTROL through fear that if I was not good enough according to the Catholic Church's Catechism I was not going to make it.  Now let me tell you that the Catechism has more rules than the Jewish people had in the day when Jesus walked this Earth...6,0000 approximately. The Catechism doesn't have that many. I was overstating myself here. But you cannot win with their rules. You are always going to fail, which means, your always going to be in that Confessional, or at Mass...and your always going to keep coming back because your afraid you're not going to make it to heaven. It is a set, and it goes all the way back...way back.

Here's a true story from way back. One day when going to Mass was a choice, the Pastor noticed that the money offerings were dropping off. So he got together with the decision makers and they decided to make it a mortal sin if you missed Mass. And look what happened. The Roman Catholic Church is the most powerfull organization on this Planet. Just that one decision made all the difference in the world.

Do you why the Catholic Church made it a mortal sin to eat meat on Fridays. Go all the way back and you will see that the Fishing Industry was suffering. Make it a sin to eat meat on Fridays, and suddenly the problem goes away, and the Church gets a kick-back from the Fishing Industry. And the Church takes in extra money.

Well anyway, you can see that Veezel has been influenced by whatever religious organization he belongs to. It could be Protestant, Baptist, Jehovah Witness, Episcapol, etc. You do not have to look very hard to see that each organization says that they will get you to Heaven if you come with them.

Philosophical Taoism doesn't play on peoples fear. It is very accepting of everyone. All reigions are looked upon as ways to reach the pinnacle of the mountain.  We will all have the same view whatever that is. Hell does not exist accept here on Earth, and the Vietnam of the 60's.

I think that the Catholic Church is one of the most corrupt, dishonest, and misleading organizations in the world...and they see Tai Chi as potentially spiritually harmful. According to the Catechism, Dinination is considered to be a grievous sin. So, I would expect that a Taoist is seen as an Atheist.

My reporting here was partially from my own insider information, and research over the span of my life.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this