Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

What happens when we die

Marble said:

You have to broaden your perspective a bit.  You rotate their days off.  Most are working doing your bidding while those taking the day off will be available for your pleasure.

ah, thank you, but I would like to have some less, coordinating that many guys would be a job into itself..

Good point.  The Bible speaks to the men.  The writers of the Bible already knew that the women wouldn't listen to them anyhow.

lessdaomorebum said:
The Naxi (納西族) of China's Yunnan province had a matriarchal system into the mid 20th century. They had a practice know as the walking marriage. When she didn't want a guy around anymore, she would put this shoes outside the door; that was his eviction notice. Anthropologists found that some women had more than 100 'husbands' this way.

still, we've gotten to the point were most women gather shoes instead of ' husbands' seems alike unhealthy situation to me, now how did that come about?

I humbly submit to you my observation that men will give love for sex, and women will give sex for love. Women are basically "nesters" and men are basically "hunters" I think that over the evolution of the this planet to include humans, woman figured out that if they were to keep a man around they needed to be sexually available more often than their period of ovulation. But as time went on, Clans developed, tribes developed, cohorts developed, populaions developed and so on. What didn't change were the rules...if you want sex often than stay with me and our children.

Since women are physiologically built differently than men they tend to be weaker physically...therefore the need for the male counterpart. A woman's only negotiable attribute is her willing to have, or not have sex with her "committed male."  The word committed in this sense means emotionally committed. Moreover, it seems that the male has to some degree attained a certain degree of emotional sophistication. The nomadic male is still there within him, but has been evolutionarily suppressed through agreed upon norms, mores and cultural standards.

Of course, there are always deviations from the norm which comes out in affairs, divorce, subsance abuse, gambling, sexual addiction. And this is the same for both females and males.

It has been my observation that no matter who we as males, we have contitioned females to be what we want them to be. We have in a sense exploited them. They are however underneath, very interested in being cherished, defended, cared about, cared for, and seen as special. Sex has become a way for the female to get a lttle piece of the pie if it is offered by the male. In other words, if the female's only way to receive physical touch and attention is in bed, she will opt for it hoping the male will get her and what's she really wants and needs...that is communication.

I think I basically agree with what you are saying, but not the notion of women as somehow the victim. In fact, there are feminists who take the opposite tack from you, saying women shaped men. I think women and men show the same tendencies in different ways which I believe is what you were saying on the whole (?).

Women are not as physically weak as they may seem, but during pregnancy and in the years following, they and the kids are. Interestingly, there is a school of thought in evolutionary theory that women just as much as men had an evolutionary interest in playing the field, sexually speaking. If she's been with every guy in the tribe, then (aside from giving her a gold star and a blue ribbon) every guy in the tribe has a potential interest in the kids :ph34r:

"What didn't change were the rules...if you want sex often than stay with me and our children."

But there are always sluts to be found  :wub:

(and I have rarely come across a married man who thinks his wife is sexually cooperative)

Yes, I did have one pair of blue suede shoes when I was a teenager.

Someone once asked me who my favorite pianist is and I said Jerry Lee Lewis.  Wasn't an answer he was expecting.

Edited by Marblehead

Not a moan but an observation - It's interesting to see how the topic of death invites reflection on living. So along with biking and guitars the conversation has turned to sex as well. Hardly suprising as Eros and Thanatos are powerful elements in the psyche. 

My sincere apologies to the OP, thelerner. I blame it all on Marblehead and blue eyed snake. And their comments on Islam and 72 virgins or whatever . . . I always find that such an odd idea of heaven, for the reason I gave (and will add here that virgins/young ones are not so malleable). Should this be made into a new thread? What would be the scope? On which subforum? I am new here and don't know if this sort of thing is ok here or not.

As for your more philosophical points, eros yes, thanatos no. Sex is rather enjoyable, right? So, people would naturally think about that in any sort of talk of death that touches on some sort of heaven type concept, IMHO.

Edited by lessdaomorebum
  • Like 1

lessdaomorebum said:

The Naxi (納西族) of China's Yunnan province had a matriarchal system into the mid 20th century. They had a practice know as the walking marriage. When she didn't want a guy around anymore, she would put this shoes outside the door; that was his eviction notice. Anthropologists found that some women had more than 100 'husbands' this way.

still, we've gotten to the point were most women gather shoes instead of ' husbands' seems alike unhealthy situation to me, now how did that come about?

Why is that necessarily unhealthy? Granted, most women would over the long term prefer something more stable (not necessarily so for men), but to each his or her own. Many women say that sluts have low self-esteem, but I don't find that to be the case (and I am not saying you were saying that). Some do, but most just seem to have stronger biological needs than so-called good girls. That was very much the case with the friend I mentioned above, who eventually had two happy long term relationships with MUCH older men, before settling down with a man who is only quite a bit older. Her needs? She said she learned to control herself (no mean feat). In summary, 100+ men suited her for a time, and then she had some lasting relationships. Her son just turned a year old last month. Different situations suit different people at different times.

EDIT: You asked how did that come about. The women's movement and the greater access to birth control. So, while good girls can still be good girls, sluts can now feel more comfortable being sluts because they have their own job, don't live with their parents, and can get condoms. That's my answer.

Edited by lessdaomorebum

I think I basically agree with what you are saying, but not the notion of women as somehow the victim. In fact, there are feminists who take the opposite tack from you, saying women shaped men. I think women and men show the same tendencies in different ways which I believe is what you were saying on the whole (?).

Women are not as physically weak as they may seem, but during pregnancy and in the years following, they and the kids are. Interestingly, there is a school of thought in evolutionary theory that women just as much as men had an evolutionary interest in playing the field, sexually speaking. If she's been with every guy in the tribe, then (aside from giving her a gold star and a blue ribbon) every guy in the tribe has a potential interest in the kids :ph34r:

"What didn't change were the rules...if you want sex often than stay with me and our children."

But there are always sluts to be found  :wub:

(and I have rarely come across a married man who thinks his wife is sexually cooperative)

Fleshing out my observation of the weaker sex a little further, I am pointing to years prior to the Sexual Revolution experienced in the 60's and Pill. Prior to this eara, women were seen as 2nd class citizens by the men who were politically in charge. A good example of how society was represented microcosmically would be found in the weekly comedy "All in the Family," the most ground breaking and controversial sitcom ever to be produced in these United States.

In my opinion, married men may be still living in the 50's where they were the boss. The wife was to meet his needs in and out of the bedroom, and the kids were to be seen and not heard. Some men strayed because their wives who were sexually inexperienced did not provide the kind of pleasure their husbands were desiring. Now this is not a blanket statement to be sure, but in my observations of the women I come in contact now, they report that they give in to their man "to keep him from straying."  Or conversely, they are so engraged with his Neanthrathal approach inside and outside of the bedroom, that the've lost interest all together in having anything to do with him sexually.

It seems that it will be a lengthy amount of time for this belief and habit of viewing woman as not good as to be unleared.

My sincere apologies to the OP, thelerner. I blame it all on Marblehead and blue eyed snake. And their comments on Islam and 72 virgins or whatever . . . I always find that such an odd idea of heaven, for the reason I gave (and will add here that virgins/young ones are not so malleable). Should this be made into a new thread? What would be the scope? On which subforum? I am new here and don't know if this sort of thing is ok here or not.

As for your more philosophical points, eros yes, thanatos no. Sex is rather enjoyable, right? So, people would naturally think about that in any sort of talk of death that touches on some sort of heaven type concept, IMHO.

The thread's fine as it is. Sex and death are about coming and going, so being so primal they evoke all sorts of reactions.

• Like 2

The thread's fine as it is. Sex and death are about coming and going, so being so primal they evoke all sorts of reactions.

She must be very unhappy. :huh:

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this