TheSunTheMoonTheStars

Observations on Invisibility for Self Defense

Hard to believe in acupuncture without believing in qi... qi is the entire basis of acupuncture, and shares the same root of understanding with internal cultivation practices.

But yes, the essential idea is that the mind merges with the body to create the qi, so the fixations of one's mind directly influence how one's qi is shaped. Regardless of what you believe, I hope you continue to follow your own path, and feel you are able to do so without needing to armor yourself in distrust - one tends to draw what one prepares defenses for. All one needs is to simply know one's self - and then one need not fear others.

• Like 2

Daeluin, when anyone uses a didactic approach with me, I automatically know that they are defending something that is very important to them. All the descriptors expressed in your last post, last paragraph to me have to be about you convincing you.

Let's try an experiment. I say to you, 'put me in your will !' Your first reaction is defensiveness if you think I am serious. Oh, you might say, you laughed at my joke. But if I insist, you will become defensive. And that is O.K. There is nothing wrong about being defensive. Football games are all about Offenseive and Defensive. Nobody has a problem with that. But in human interaction, well we can't have that because it is threatening. And we use the descriptor "your defensive" to win an argument. If the truth were to be know, and you said what you meant and meant what you said, you would have been honest and addressed me by my name instead of using "one" as if there were another person in the room. It sorta sounded high and mighty and a little condescending.

But if we are to discuss something objectively like the professionals that we are, than let's start with the definition of:

Acupuncture: a system of complementary meicine that involves pricking the skin or tissues with needles, used to alleviate pain and to treat various physical, mental, and emotional conditions. Orginating in ancient China.

Now I want to hear your side of the coin wth your providing verfifiable and reliable fact based evidence that Chi is anything more than the Action Potential of a Neuron.

I will be posting a new topic down the road called "Lucky for Mankind Chen was also a Warrior.

By the way, I used Accupuncture Pressure Points (which are also Pressure Points in martial art) in my private practice that seemed to help my clients. But again, it is all conjecture at this point.

Peace

Spotless, great post.  I was wondering if anyone else besides Michael Sternbach was going to comment on their own experiences with invisibility as there are many methods. 

The method your talking about is easy to follow but difficult to execute requiring a long time to get a useful effect, however the method I use brings results very quickly.  In the beginning, you need 30 minutes of practice before seeing an impact when your around people and as you continue to practice it takes less and less time for the effect you get from doing 30 minutes.

You say that "the body of glass" is not a hidden method.  Most ordinary people reject out of hand the idea that a person could be invisible without some kind of camouflage clothing...  There are hundreds of public qi gong systems -- martial and healing systems-- yet no mention of specific invisibility techniques.  What could you mean by "not hidden"?  

All mystical methods of invisibility can never be achieved or understood by the ordinary.  And how useful any technique is depends upon a person's level and intelligence.

Just read your post. It is interesting that you come out late at night. Are you on first shift at the prison? You also seem to be around your computer, or on your I phone during the day. You are visible to the community. I would tone down "throwing your pearls before swines."

Look, all you have to do is get honest with yourself, and us. The truth will set you free, Solar System. You already got an "admin warning." You must like living on the edge.

Peace

Spotless, great post.  I was wondering if anyone else besides Michael Sternbach was going to comment on their own experiences with invisibility as there are many methods. 

The method your talking about is easy to follow but difficult to execute requiring a long time to get a useful effect, however the method I use brings results very quickly.  In the beginning, you need 30 minutes of practice before seeing an impact when your around people and as you continue to practice it takes less and less time for the effect you get from doing 30 minutes.

You say that "the body of glass" is not a hidden method.  Most ordinary people reject out of hand the idea that a person could be invisible without some kind of camouflage clothing...  There are hundreds of public qi gong systems -- martial and healing systems-- yet no mention of specific invisibility techniques.  What could you mean by "not hidden"?  

All mystical methods of invisibility can never be achieved or understood by the ordinary.  And how useful any technique is depends upon a person's level and intelligence.

There are quite a number of ways to do what you are talking about. And yes - most people reject out of hand the vast majority of reality.

Most of those that believe they have "been around the block"' have - but in fact it was a very small block and they have very occluded vision.

But that is all well and fine - everyone loves their frequency, their noise - that fact that it is "theirs" is an indicator of the situation.

So - regarding secret teachings - I know of lots of so called secret teachings and how to exercise them and play with them - they all appear when you are ready and so none of them is secret but they may be obscured from your view - not by someone hiding or controlling the secret but by your frequency - all of us control all the secrets all the time - basically by a series of Chinese finger prisons. And I know of a whole host of them which I could learn about and teach myself if I had a wish to do so.

This fantastical stuff is just a very small tip of the iceberg - Awakening is at the top of the stairs - too many die at the bottom.

From the top of the stairs everything is clearer - and nicer - far more real and far less noisy - it is not based in a fantasy about having been around the block - one can go around the block ten thousand times in the illusion and be not one step further to dropping the illusion - in fact most people are dead by 50 and are really quite entrapped by their accomplishments and story and philosophy.

You have come into a place where a fair number of us are interested in dropping our false selves.

A fair number of us are interested in engineerIng our space.

Some of us are interested in tricks.

Quite a few are simply fascinated.

Many are just jaded and shallow and young and quick witted and clueless - but still pliable.

In general I would be so bold as to say the underlying interest whether it is known or not is dropping our false selves and current story and moving into a space of gratitude and oneness - the Dao.

In the interest of fun - why don't you just share your quick 30 minute technique in a video?

If it is simple and it works you will get millions of hits and a good income from the ads you can attach - people here will attest to it and you will get the fiscal treats.

• Like 1

I didnt, but Ive heard that under sudden great stress, that , well, its not unusual to think or react in ways one wouldnt expect.

I was thinking, though, there was a good chance I would fleetingly wonder what a stawberry was doing on a cliff face, or make a mental note that it was there so I could maybe eat it. Since there has been several events for me ,which I look back on and laugh at myself for the odd way I reacted.

I figured your response was sarcastically rhetorical , and chuckled,,, but after a moment ,It didnt really surprise me as 'outside' what you might do,, so then I thought it was poetically beautiful, and very reasonable.

Yeah, that's how life is.  Our past decisions were based on what we (thought) knew then.  Based on what we know now our decision might have been quite the opposite.

Pretty much, if we are facing certain death why not enjoy the little of life we still have available?  Eat the strawberry, fall from the cliff and feed the tigers.

• Like 2

Yeah, that's how life is.  Our past decisions were based on what we (thought) knew then.  Based on what we know now our decision might have been quite the opposite.

Pretty much, if we are facing certain death why not enjoy the little of life we still have available?  Eat the strawberry, fall from the cliff and feed the tigers.

I suppose thats quite true, but.. I think the tendency is to overestimate our ability to predict the future , weigh the present, or understand the past.. (speaking for myself but also generalizing)

Is that the rest of the parable there? seems like it could have a variety of alternate readings. ..

• Like 1

Spotless, you are right on about my conviction. One of my strong subjects at the Masters level was Psychopharmacology. In all the hours that I read the Literature, I never came across any reliable or verifiable fact based evidence regarding Chi being anything more than an electrical exchange of ions within the Neuron.  Moreover, I am studying Classical Wu Tai Chi and have since 2003. My Master is a 3rd generation practioner of Tai Chi. He has never in his tutelage hinted that Chi was anything more than what it is...a warm tingling sensation in the extremeties, or "energy flow." What I see here on this site, are people interested in having an extrodinary experience which could probably happen if expected. We call it in my field, Self Fullfilling Prophecy...or placebo affect.   

I will always be a thinker, a criique of the data presented, and a skeptic. There is so much out there that people are trying to sell, and so many people buying into it.

I believe in Meridians, and energy fields, accupuncture, and accupuncture pressure points. But that is about it.

If you want to "smell the color 4" we'll get into my "time machine" and go back to the '60's and drop some acid, or do a window pane.

Peace

Do you consider the three dantians to be "an electrical exchange of ions within the Neuron." ?

Oh, Jim D.... you need to lighten up! Which is why I encouraged you to be yourself and worry less about things like this.

My reaction to your belief in acupuncture is not because I need external validation about my beliefs, but because I doubt there are many acupuncture schools where the theories of qi are not at the core of what their students learn.

I have no interest in the proving of anything at all, precisely because I believe what is right is different for each of us, and to pretend otherwise is to value contention over harmony.

Peace indeed, friend. :wub:

• Like 1

Daeliun...Blah...Blah...Blah. You wouldn't be talking that way and using them words if we were on a bar stool in a tavern. Get off your "high chair," and join the rest of us commoners down here.

Yeah, your reaction to my accupunture comment is your telling me you know better, than I do. When in my heart of hearts, I just like playing the Devil's Advocate and seeing where it goes.

Your  just full of advise about how I should be, or who I am. I'll bet when someone pushes your button you look like that little devil boy you put next to your "Peace Indeed."

If you can't come up with the evidence, it doesn't exist. Just ask a Government Regulatory Body if that is true.

If you answer this post, guess what my assessment of your affective state will be? :-)

• Like 1

more and more scientific evidence regarding chi is coming up. there is a thread about it, somewhere...

I do not need scientific evidence, too much personal experience with the stuff...

but you might give it a look, use the search function, he that looks will find  :D

love Bes

• Like 1

Scam or no, this ability doesn´t appeal much to me.  I´m not interested in becoming invisible. Been there, done that.  I´m interested in becoming -- comfortably, compassionately, not-apologizing-for-who-I-am-ily -- visible.  A much more difficult, and worthwhile, trick.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 4

Daeliun...Blah...Blah...Blah. You wouldn't be talking that way and using them words if we were on a bar stool in a tavern. Get off your "high chair," and join the rest of us commoners down here.

Yeah, your reaction to my accupunture comment is your telling me you know better, than I do. When in my heart of hearts, I just like playing the Devil's Advocate and seeing where it goes.

Your  just full of advise about how I should be, or who I am. I'll bet when someone pushes your button you look like that little devil boy you put next to your "Peace Indeed."

If you can't come up with the evidence, it doesn't exist. Just ask a Government Regulatory Body if that is true.

If you answer this post, guess what my assessment of your affective state will be? :-)

Thank you for your gifts. :wub:

I suppose thats quite true, but.. I think the tendency is to overestimate our ability to predict the future , weigh the present, or understand the past.. (speaking for myself but also generalizing)

Is that the rest of the parable there? seems like it could have a variety of alternate readings. ..

Yeah, that's basically it.  The story goes (I will paraphrase):

A Taoist Sage was walking in the forest on his way to see a friend.  While leisurely walk he felt a presence behind him and looked.  It was a tiger and the tiger was trailing him.  (And it looked hungry.)  The Sage quickened his pace but the tiger kept up with him and maybe even closing in.  While the sage was trying to avoid the tiger he lost his way and ended up at a cliff's edge. 

Not wanting to be eaten he notice a vine growing close to his feet with the main runner going down the cliff.  "Better to climb down the vine and wait for the tiger to tire of waiting for his food to return and then climb back up and continue my journey," thought the Sage.

So over the cliff he goes clinging dearly to the vine.  After getting a secure hold on the vine he looks down and sees two tigers, looking very hungry, and looking up at him.  "Okay, thought the Sage.  I'm still safe as long as I keep my hold on the vine."  A couple minutes pass and our from a little hole in the cliff face come two rats.  They climb over to the vine and start nibbling on it.

The Sage looks for any other alternative to what he can imagine is going to happen and notices a ripe wild strawberry.  He reaches out and picks the strawberry and eats it.  "Delicious!" exclaims the Sage.

End of story.

Basically, the story tells us to live while we can and enjoy what is offered to us.  (We never know if or when the vine will break.)

• Like 4

Scam or no, this ability doesn´t appeal much to me.  I´m not interested in becoming invisible. Been there, done that.  I´m interested in becoming -- comfortably, compassionately, not-apologizing-for-who-I-am-ily -- visible.  A much more difficult, and worthwhile, trick.

True.  Understanding Chi won't make you Superman.  But I will suggest that it will help you understand the feelings of your body and how it acts and reacts.  Just knowing that there is energy inside our body is a good start.

• Like 3

Who is this Marblehead guy? He makes a lot of practical sense. He seems to have his head on straight, and his feet firmly planted on the ground. What I like about him is that he doesn't try to impress anyone with his words, and he doesn't think he is special...like he can leap tall buildings with a single bound. I get the feeling even if he could he wouldn't tell anyone about it.

He must be a true Taoist.

• Like 1

Yeah, but I still have flaws.  Of course, I'm not going to tell anyone what they are.  I might luck out and some folks won't be able to find any.

(Thanks Jim.)

Yeah, but I still have flaws.  Of course, I'm not going to tell anyone what they are.  I might luck out and some folks won't be able to find any.

(Thanks Jim.)

Your flaws are most likely invisible.

• Like 1

Back on the topic of invisibility:

We all practice a sort of invisibility though this will appear as pretty simple stuff.

Every time we cross our legs and or cross our arms / clasp our hands - our aura begins to spin - it isolates and obscures us considerably.

You can easily verify this in your own behavior and others. It is a particularly active behavior in any uncomfortable situation and far less so in a relaxed situation. It is frequently used in judgmental mind looping to obscure others from "seeing and hearing".

We all have considerable abilities to see, feel and hear on subtle levels as yet completely unknown to science. This is a quiet way of obscuring ourselves from those unconscious scans of others.

In the crossing of legs and arms we also isolate our selves from the sensory side to some extent as well as it from us. You will not find someone in a highly alerted space with crossed legs and arms - ( with the exception of them being cold and trying to conserve energy). In that state people will generally want feet on ground, arms apart, hands / fingers spread and light breathing - all heightened open sensing positions.

• Like 1

Depends on what one is alert about. At an office meeting, one might be slumped comfortably,hands crossed at the midriff staring at a reflection in the tabletop,,, listening closely. If youre waiting for a hard hit baseball ,well that wouldnt do. ... but I imagine, folks expecting a verbal barrage, are relatively more alert,, and may indeed have body parts retracted. One might presume that kind of posture reflecting greater sensory and mental alertness. Rather than a secure lazy and expansive stance of someone daydreaming.

Edited by Stosh

addon> To keep the post a little more aligned with the OP's intention, I'd point to a book like Glenn Morris's 'Pathnotes of a Ninja Grandmaster'.  Bad title but fascinating practices and stories on eclectic energy arts.  He's an author (passed away) that I corresponded with (slightly) and trust.

His group Hoshinjitsu released some of his Meditation Mastery series on youtube somewhere.  Good stuff.

The technique of going clear or "body of glass" is not a hidden one - it is not difficult to do or learn - it is very difficult to believe in - so it's efficacy varies.

Basically it is flipping the vibration of the aura to clear/neutral and it does work.

It can work to the point of people bumping into you and waitresses clearing your table with you seated before your dish.

In the book above there was a practice mentioned on having your reflection disappear from a mirror.  In dim lights you'd relax, turn your vision 'wide', tune down your thoughts and your image would disappear.  It took some practice, but I could do it.  Funny thing is, as soon as the thought 'I can see myself' came I'd reappear.

According to Glenn Morris the advanced level was flipping around your aura (?) and it made you invisible to others.  Above my pay scale.  In truth I don't know if its an aura or trick of the eye and brain. 

In a similar vein in Ki-Aikido there are touchless throws. They'd work, but you needed strong simpatico between the players.  Thus weren't really meant for combat.  Though on one occasion a skeptical Judoka wanted to experience it with my sensei, John Eley.  Thing is, many of Johns no touch technique had a physical blow behind them.  We, his students went down, partly to avoid getting clobbered.  The Judoka stood his ground and the touchless throw, touched, the elegant down up down motion connecting to the guys face; hitting him pretty hard and knocking him down.

Invisibility would be nice, but keeping quiet, not making eye contact and moving away quickly, works pretty good too. 

Edited by thelerner

Back on the topic of invisibility:

We all practice a sort of invisibility though this will appear as pretty simple stuff.

Every time we cross our legs and or cross our arms / clasp our hands - our aura begins to spin - it isolates and obscures us considerably.

You can easily verify this in your own behavior and others. It is a particularly active behavior in any uncomfortable situation and far less so in a relaxed situation. It is frequently used in judgmental mind looping to obscure others from "seeing and hearing".

We all have considerable abilities to see, feel and hear on subtle levels as yet completely unknown to science. This is a quiet way of obscuring ourselves from those unconscious scans of others.

In the crossing of legs and arms we also isolate our selves from the sensory side to some extent as well as it from us. You will not find someone in a highly alerted space with crossed legs and arms - ( with the exception of them being cold and trying to conserve energy). In that state people will generally want feet on ground, arms apart, hands / fingers spread and light breathing - all heightened open sensing positions.

Full lotus

As evidenced by? In my profession, we call it body language. Nothing invisible about it accept the words within.

I don't know of any research based literature that backs up your statement "completly unknown to science."

The only thing I know about spinning auras is seeing a guy stumble back after I clock him. I think Muhammad Ali would agree with me. Can imagine Ali going back to his corner after he just beat down George Foreman and reporting that he just knock George's aura into a month of Sundays. :-)

What good does it do you to read an aura? All I need is to read your body language, and look into your eyes to know you! I know you by looking at your face whether your evil, depressed, blunted, open, kind, genuine, phony, etc.

As evidenced by? In my profession, we call it body language. Nothing invisible about it accept the words within.

I don't know of any research based literature that backs up your statement "completly unknown to science."

The only thing I know about spinning auras is seeing a guy stumble back after I clock him. I think Muhammad Ali would agree with me. Can imagine Ali going back to his corner after he just beat down George Foreman and reporting that he just knock George's aura into a month of Sundays. :-)

What good does it do you to read an aura? All I need is to read your body language, and look into your eyes to know you! I know you by looking at your face whether your evil, depressed, blunted, open, kind, genuine, phony, etc.

Everyone has their own way of reading other people that works best for them.

• Like 2