KenBrace

Moderation on TDBs

just to put this sad little myth of yours to bed, here's a sampling of comments Narew made in these forums:

"A big problem is that lots of users on this forum are New Age idiots and applying any kind of serious quality control would probably mean banning majority of the members."

"That is just an ridiculous New Age belief."

"It's also a fact that Baduan Jin is a simple, lightweight system, probably made for masses of uneducated pesants"

"New Age stupidity."

"If you think otherwise, you're seriously ignorant. Many Qi Gong systems treated as special treasures by their not necessarily sensible Western practicioners are actually stuff that is practised en masse by Chinese elderly women."

"Baduan Jin is literally QiGong even an idiot can learn."

"Yes, I'm condescending to a clearly ignorant person. And it's unfortunately a typical problem with Tao Bums moderation, which seems to tolerate idiots."

"But still, I think that new users should be warned this is a low quality New Age forum. Perhaps some kind of special disclaimer should be made about that, in order to warn them. Maybe a change of name, like to "New Age Bums"?"

How do you expect moderators of any forum to respond to that kind of sneering, seething disrespect toward the membership?

He was suspended, then his suspension was upgraded not for comments he made here, but for comments he made on neigongforum.org.  This is fact. 

Moderation Message

dayzhaze please be so good as to study this at length

http://thedaobums.com/topic/31825-thedaobums-three-foundations-eclectic-egalitarian-civil/

After your study apply these principles to your posts. Should you fail to do so but continue in your present manner then I fear that your so recent return to this forum will be but short lived.

I have read those documents, and I believe firmly I am in compliance.  Please explain your reasoning if you feel that I am not.

He was suspended, then his suspension was upgraded not for comments he made here, but for comments he made on neigongforum.org. This is fact.

Abusive poster continues to be abusive after suspension so is banned, shock horror, such injustice!!

• Like 2

Abusive poster continues to be abusive after suspension so is banned, shock horror, such injustice!!

and it's gonna be deja vu all over again ... 

Narew who was member over on neigong forum got banned here, for something he said over there. This was openly presented as the reason for his Ban. That is just one of many many examples.  There is no conspiracy as they openly admit it.

I feel for the mods that they have to endure this kind of nonsense for so long before stepping in. 

On the majority of other forums, most of you would have been long gone, which gives testament to the fairness and tolerance of the moderation on this site. 

Edited by kudos100
  • Like 6

There are some conflicts going on here and they are never easy to deal with. As I don't know the whole story I can't comment on the actual moderator's decisions, however, I'd like to let the moderation team know how much I appreciate what they are doing at the moment.

• Like 4

I have read those documents, and I believe firmly I am in compliance.  Please explain your reasoning if you feel that I am not.

i'm no mod, however, it seems plainly stated in TDB rules somewhere, that being a sock puppet is not allowed

and further, being a banned member and trying to sneak in with a new username rather than being upright and honest

and asking to be allowed back in the front door as opposed to this sneaking in the backdoor nonsense,,,,,,

capisce?

• Like 3

just to put this sad little myth of yours to bed, here's a sampling of comments Narew made in these forums:

. . . 

How do you expect moderators of any forum to respond to that kind of sneering, seething disrespect toward the membership?

funny that the one I remembered the most wasn't in your list  :D

• Like 1

FWIW I believe the moderation here is pretty lax and the moderators are very tolerant.

Recently, someone came onto the forum and racked up a huge number of posts, ramming their political and logic based ideology down everyone's throat with no real attempt to contribute to what this forum is about, and the mods seemed amazingly patient with this person.

It's a similar situation with the Moi Pai crowd. Every so often a thread pops up and the Mo Pai zealots derail the thread and then cry conspiracy or some kind of vendetta. The mods tolerate a huge amount of total nonsense before stepping in.

I think you are lucky they let you waffle on as much as you do. 

I wonder who that was?

I wonder who that was?

Let's just say he was the more "reported" member in recent history  :D

• Like 1

I speak for the entire group Dawei, it may be 15 years from now, but when you finally step down or are replaced, we will celebrate, every one of us. 

I will also celebrate because he'll deserve a freakin party and metals for all the work he (& the other mods) do and for putting up with the immature crap that pops up here every month or two. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

(from the quotes atributed to Narew above):

"A big problem is that lots of users on this forum are New Age idiots and applying any kind of serious quality control would probably mean banning majority of the members."

The irony is quite rich here.

Golden rule?

If people could learn to happily accept the medicine they feel others deserve, the world would become quickly more balanced.

So common for people to hold to double standards, thinking it OK to judge others while being unwilling to trust the judgment of others on themselves in return.

Edited by Daeluin
  • Like 1

Let's just say he was the more "reported" member in recent history  :D

Price of fame.

• Like 1

An imbalanced liver will cause a person's death.  Pissing on my carpet would have the same effect.

What ? 

How dare you !    

I am standing on your carpet right now - pissing.      :P

I have my own place you know !  If you come there and even think of pissing on my carpet. my gang will instantly evict you .

meanwhile ...

peeing-in-the-snow.gif

Peace man !  ... you guys are so aggressive here .... threatening to kick me out   ...     poor me ! 

cry-baby-of-the-year-1413326671767-crop_

.....   and stop trolling me !  

... ya big bully   :angry:  .  

http://www.themarysue.com/humanity-getting-dumber-meaner/

• Like 2

"That is just an ridiculous New Age belief."

"It's also a fact that Baduan Jin is a simple, lightweight system, probably made for masses of uneducated pesants"

"New Age stupidity."

"If you think otherwise, you're seriously ignorant. Many Qi Gong systems treated as special treasures by their not necessarily sensible Western practicioners are actually stuff that is practised en masse by Chinese elderly women."

"Baduan Jin is literally QiGong even an idiot can learn."

"Yes, I'm condescending to a clearly ignorant person. And it's unfortunately a typical problem with Tao Bums moderation, which seems to tolerate idiots."

"But still, I think that new users should be warned this is a low quality New Age forum. Perhaps some kind of special disclaimer should be made about that, in order to warn them. Maybe a change of name, like to "New Age Bums"?"

Wow!  Now I am even pissed off with him ... how dare he call this a New Age forum .... ! 

... all the time I have spent here dissing New Agers and trying to counteract  N A  BS     and trying to show how it is a corrupted hodge - podge of some earlier good systems. 

I am adding that to the list 

1.  Stop trolling me.

2. This is a New Age forum.

3.  You sound like Hitler. 

• Like 2

What ?

How dare you !

I am standing on your carpet right now - pissing. :P

I have my own place you know ! If you come there and even think of pissing on my carpet. my gang will instantly evict you .

meanwhile ...

peeing-in-the-snow.gif

Peace man ! ... you guys are so aggressive here .... threatening to kick me out ... poor me !

cry-baby-of-the-year-1413326671767-crop_

..... and stop trolling me !

... ya big bully :angry: .

http://www.themarysue.com/humanity-getting-dumber-meaner/

Depressing link (despite fitting with observation) but you get bonus points for geometric precision in your snow art.
  • Like 1

Saw_palmetto_(Serenoa_repens)_in_Manatee

proseren-saw-palmetto.jpg?thn=0

a62bbe54_thumbsup-thumbs-up-approve-ok-s

Been chewing on that stuff my whole life, BTW. Grows wild around here (well, not in the mountains but I go back and forth between them and either swamp or beach).

do you need goggle when you pee ?

No, but others might -- depending on the breeze.

• Like 1