KenBrace

Moderation on TDBs

No need for a gentle reminder, I am within all policies and rules.  You are free to bend the rules to your own end though if you like, which I am certain you will do.

Yes, you follow the letter of the policies pretty well. But you don't seem to understand that your refusal to accept the actions of others is beating a dead horse. When were you going to let it go? Your actions indicated that politely or not, you had no intention to drop the matter, and this is why I believe you were suspended.

No doubt this can add fuel to the fire for those who eat up any excuse to label the mods here as unfair. Children seem to fall into similar patterns, looking for any reason their opponent in a petty fight was at wrong. "Well he started it, and look I can push his buttons and see he's about to punch me again but I didn't do anything wrong, did you see it?" Meanwhile the teacher who intervened is doing everything their power to just get them to drop it, wisely knowing that neither of them are really wrong.

This is the point of suspensions. Hey, take a little time to yourself. If you continue to come to school every day after your suspension with the singular fixation on pushing little Billy's buttons, we'll have to kick you out for good.

I hear that you see potential in this community, and I urge that upon your return you seek to contribute to the harmony here, rather than attaching to dead ends. It is sad to see people forced out simply because they have trouble letting things go.

Edited by Daeluin
  • Like 4

You (Daeluin) have summarised this exceptionally well I feel (and you have infinitely more patience than me...)

• Like 2

Well I am certain your wish for appropriate moderator will be be applied shortly.

what username will you be using next time?

• Like 1

I support the space pandas, what you people are doing is wrong, and you should not be in charge of this website.

Did you join up just to post this ? 

Still , I love the way this has morphed ,    not supporting Mopai , as such . 

But supporting 'space pandas '   ........ I luv it !   :)

catcopandabannerbetter.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you for your observations. Would you care to elaborate?

What is your relationship to the "Space Panda's"?

Who exactly are "you people"?

What is it they are doing that is wrong?

Who should be in charge of the forum?

Ohhhh .... I dunno ... 

just a wild stab in the dark ... perhaps these guys ?

tumblr_l4u3znSutX1qbbwh6o1_500.jpg

• Like 1

any statements you make regarding unfair treatment of you or your sandbox friends are simply pathetic.

Hehehe.  That almost sounds like you are getting a little emotionally involved.

It is not a good idea to get emotionally involved with sandbox friends

591.jpg

eventually the tide will come in ....   

Well, sure, but let us not forget that moderation was trying to be tolerant and all that gave space for was the invoking of emotions and personal insults.  Eventually it had to stop.  Moderators and Admin are the only ones who can make it stop after emotions and ego have been stimulated.

Unbalanced force creates tyranny and oppression but unbalanced mercy allows and abets evil   the invoking of emotions and personal insults. 

I dont mind personal insults - both ways .  I dont think this forum minds too much either. But I think 'both of us' (me and forum) get annoyed and bored when insults continually disrupt the flow of any conversation, or are used as a tool in debate.

A bit of it just exposes the weaknesses of an argument ... or its just a bit of fun thrown in   ;)  ... or a trigger or stimulus , or a prod. 

But please folks , at least  keep the quality up ....     

(I always like the insults of 'Tic-toc' , the psychopathic robot that hated humans  : "What are you lookin' at ,  meatface ? " ) 

So many freakin' questions!!!  Just live!

Whats wrong with questions?

Dont you like questions ?

LIve ? How?

Whats the best way to live ?

Should life be lived without questioning ? 

Are you tying to be  like my parents and teachers that could not answer my questions ?

^_^

It's exactly what I do, and I'd be happy to edit my post, but it's already been quoted ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You could split and pit your own post   ;)

I think the key thing to understand here is, rules apply only to people the mods don't like, and not to the mods themselves.  They are free to break, bend or selectively apply the rules as they see fit, and are not subject to the rules themselves.

Ahhh ... but you have not done the Rite of Sol , eh ? 

ARIES. Brother Leo, I beg that you will close the shrine with me.

LEO. It cannot be.

ARIES. Brother Leo, I know the rule. But evil will assuredly come to us from this.

LEO. Brother Aries, the Law may not be broken.

ARIES. Brother Leo, the Law is made so that the wise may break it at their need.

LEO. Brother Aries, in my heart is fidelity--fidelity--fidelity.

ARIES. Brother Leo, a god has whispered in mine ear: it is folly--folly--folly.

I might even suspend myself from this thread for 48 hours.

better make it a strong thread 

12HangedMan.jpg

You were warned, thedaobumslings!

Prepare for invasion (and yin chi anal probes)!

Bad luck buddy !

I am ready for you 

got my 'airport pants' on  

$_35.JPG

Edited by Nungali

0:52 "...feasting on (thedao)bums that sleep in the park."

Great!

But I do like @ 1.45 better   ^_^

I honestly don't see why we can't come to a comprimise here. 

The only reason stuff like this starts is because some of the members here post derogatory/condescending remarks about our community in Mo Pai threads.

Some newbie pops up here and asks for help regarding Mo Pai. Nothing wrong with that. Wells and I might stop by the thread to offer our $0.02 in a sincere attempt to help the person. You guys are free to do the same. If you don't think that Mo Pai is a valid path then there's nothing wrong with expressing this opinion. But that's not usually what happens. Typically certain members here who have a grudge against us will jump at the opportunity to slander our group. Stuff like this...

Sabretooth, please do yourself a favor and stop practicing the so called "Mopai" exercises obtained from the web/books.  There are so many mistakes that can really harm you.  It is WISHFUL thinking that one can practice neigong without a real teacher to check in person (i.e. DON'T believe More_pie_guy or  Kenbrace).  In fact, the "sign" of progress in in the palm you have mentioned above is actually a sign of very bad thing. In Chinese, this is called Zou Huo Ru Mo.  走火入魔。 I am posting this so that hopefully no one gets hurt.

That post is what started this whole thing. Posts like that almost always occur in Mo Pai threads here.

What are the members here hoping to accomplish?

Do they enjoy 100 page Mo Pai flame wars?

In the above post Neikung was essentially calling us out. Is it really that surprising that we would hop in to defend ourselves?

The solution here is to simply avoid condescending posts like that. Don't drag western Mo Pai and it's enthusiasts through the dirt. If this were enforced then debates like this would not occur.

Edited by KenBrace
  • Like 1

I know that the majority here does not believe that the moderation on TDBs is biased but please consider this.

Back a couple years ago I posted something in a Stillness Movement thread. It wasn't a direct, personal insult or anything. It was a joke about SM. I forget exactly what I said but it was something like... "Will any prostate massages be given?". There was some sort of video we had seen where Lomax was doing some sort of treatment on a student and at one point it looked like a prostate massage. It was pretty funny to be honest. It was tossed around on Mo Pai Debate a lot as a joke. Well, anyway I posted that joke in a SM thread and was immediately PMed by like two mods telling me to edit the post ASAP. Brian, who was a mod at the time (is he still?), quickly told me in the thread to change the post or I'd get suspended. 

Ok, so perhaps I was in the wrong on that one. Posting a crude joke like that in a serious thread about a SM seminar wasn't really appropriate.

But here's the catch. If people post the same kind of stuff in a Mo Pai thread then no one seems to care. People can throw around jokes about wires up the ass, tell people to ignore us since we're ignorant, etc. and no one bats an eye. 

Is this not a double standard?

Neikung should have received the same sort of fast rebuke that I did in the SM thread. He should have been told that his post was inappropriate like I was. Then he should have been told to remove the insult like I was. Finally, if he refused to edit his post then he should be suspended like I would have been had I not cooperated.

Thanks for bringing this up Ken.  I've got some thoughts for you.

Its like you've never read panda poos website.  Have you ever thought of maybe discussing his swearing, his childish insults, his crazy vendettas, his juvenile tirades with him?   I expect you haven't. 

Have you counted how times he uses the word Fuck on his site to describe people here?   Do you think it makes him look socially immature?  Like he's a few jhanas short of enlightenment?  A few balls short of a billiard game?  A few nuts short of a squirrel? 

I, and many people here and I'm sure where ever Mo Pai is mentioned, MPG is an embarrassment.  We can only repeat this so much but its not about Mo Pai, we don't really care about it.  Its MPG, he's left such a obnoxious mark that he brings a bad name to his art. 

• Like 1

I don't see any insult Neikung posted, all he said in your quote is that you shouldn't practice Neikung without a teacher, which is pretty much standard advice given out by all experienced practitioners.

Back a couple years ago I posted something in a Stillness Movement thread. It wasn't a direct, personal insult or anything. It was a joke about SM. I forget exactly what I said..

This adds to the thinking you're MPG's puppet.

MPG made dozens of posts insulting Lomax, he was a long term troll here plus childish and nasty on his own site.  The kind of bitter person who'd pay money to put up banners that'd belittle others.  You're blinded and hypocritical dismissing dozens of insults by a nasty juvenile person. 

MPG has earned the disgust of not only people here, but real Mo Pai practitioners.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

I hear what you are saying, KenBrace. My advise would be to respond to such offenders with humility and compassion. Something like I hear what you are saying, and if you would like to open a thread with specific examples of practices that are harmful, I or others would be happy to respond to your concerns there.

Something like this is less likely to derail a thread or result in a flame war. Denying the person, reacting to their words, or attacking them in return, in my experience, just causes the issue to escalate. Compassionate responses are more difficult, but also go hand in hand with principles spoken of in the daodejing, which many of us here try to practice.

I'll be the first to admit that many here are pretty reactive and could learn a lot from seeing the unintentional loaded quality of their proclamations. I think pretty much everyone has good intentions though, on both sides.

In any case, I think the answer is not to be found in any sort of rule changes, moderator changes, etc, but in learning to compose our communications so that it is difficult for them to cause offense, even when - especially when - we are attacked by others.

• Like 1

I honestly don't see why we can't come to a comprimise here. 

The only reason stuff like this starts is because some of the members here post derogatory/condescending remarks about our community in Mo Pai threads.

I know that the majority here does not believe that the moderation on TDBs is biased but please consider this.

This deserves the respect of a reply.  KenBrace has moved on from this site to be an owner of a few sites.  This, in itself, shows a concern to give internet folks a place to share and discuss items of common interest.   

I would like to respond later but maybe will start a new thread on it. 

• Like 3