KenBrace

Moderation on TDBs

As I am in fact the one who repeatedly pointed out in the past that there is no moral and ethical aspect to spiritual cultivation of cause of the evidence of "Evil Warlord Lim" achieving Level 51 for the single purpose of revenge and being motivated by hatred, I see these sentences with their justification pointed at me.

And even if not, the point is that thedaobums members (no matter who they are and what they do) were called and addressed openly by a mod team member with "These snivelling MoPai losers", "behave like thin-skinned pre-pubesent little girls", and "Their practices lead directly to paranoid shizophrenia, far as I can tell. At least, that's the only characteristic I've been able to discern from their rantings over the years." which clearly breaks the forum rules as these are personal insults and btw express bias against and downtalking of Mo Pai fans in general.

So the forum rules (especially concerning personal insults) do not apply to the mod team and bias against Mo Pai fans is ok for them?

Actually, the way I do it when I see an abusive post is I pm the person first, to give them a chance to edit their comment. It's best if it's done before someone quotes it of course, but it's gone as far as asking the person who quoted the text to also change their post.

This allows members a chance to reset things after an emotional slip up, something that can happen to anyone, including someone who is volunteering his time to try and keep order at the website.

I'm thinking you're probably already familiar with the procedure...

And if you feel like milking this to your benefit, be my guest.

• Like 2

Actually, the way I do it when I see an abusive post is I pm the person first, to give them a chance to edit their comment. It's best if it's done before someone quotes it of course, but it's gone as far as asking the person who quoted the text to also change their post.

This allows members a chance to reset things after an emotional slip up, something that can happen to anyone, including someone who is volunteering his time to try and keep order at the website.

I'm thinking you're probably already familiar with the procedure...

And if you feel like milking this to your benefit, be my guest.

That's the way to do it!- followed by swift sanctions if there's a refusal to comply.

• Like 2

That's the way to do it!- followed by swift sanctions if there's a refusal to comply.

It's exactly what I do, and I'd be happy to edit my post, but it's already been quoted ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

It's exactly what I do, and I'd be happy to edit my post, but it's already been quoted ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How about a sincere apology, and a self suspension for 7 days?  Seems more than fair to me, and it is certainly what you would do to a member of our group, if not a longer suspension, or outright ban.

Edited by dayzhaze

Mods should be clinical enough to be above writing things in a state of an "emotional slip"

and above generalizing people into "bad sheep" groups because single individuals behaved or behave badly.

If you having an "emotional slip", raging in the staff room but not openly in a thread would be more appropriate until that state of mind went over.

And in this thread I read only excuses by others for your words, thereby completely ignoring your breaching of the forum rules.

I think the key thing to understand here is, rules apply only to people the mods don't like, and not to the mods themselves.  They are free to break, bend or selectively apply the rules as they see fit, and are not subject to the rules themselves.

Edited by dayzhaze

How about a sincere apology, and a self suspension for 7 days?  Seems more than fair to me, and it is certainly what you would do a member of our group, if not a longer suspension.

sc has indicated his willingness to edit, which more than covers it......!!!!!!

Mods should be clinical enough to be above writing personal insults in a state of an "emotional slip"

and above generalizing people into "bad sheep" groups because single individuals behaved or behave badly.

If you having an "emotional slip", raging in the staff room but not openly in a thread would be more appropriate until that state of mind went over.

And in this thread I read only excuses by others for your words, thereby completely ignoring your breaching of the forum rules.

Mods are human...

Edit to add:-

and see above.

I think the key thing to walk away from this with is, rules apply only to people the mods don't like, and not to the mods themselves.  They are free to break or bend the rules as they see fit, and are not subject to them themselves. 

So lead by example and walk away from it...

Edited by gatito
  • Like 3

I think the key thing to walk away from this with is, rules apply only to people the mods don't like, and not to the mods themselves.  They are free to break or bend the rules as they see fit, and are not subject to them themselves. 

If that's the way you want to see it. Far be it from me to correct you. If that bothers you, why stick around so long fighting about it? I can only assume you like contending, and thus you are having a good time here. Yet it's odd, because it doesn't really seem like you're happy. Confusing, honestly, because if I wasn't happy about something, and I had my say and it didn't seem like things were going to change, well I'd wander on until I found a more suitable environment.

So odd to me why people sometimes seem to anchor themselves in the very places they say they don't want to be.

Personally, well, I'm not a mod, and I don't think mods are perfect. Obviously they aren't robots, but real people with emotions, etc. But I enjoy my time here and if that changes, honestly I'll chaulk that up to my own internal changes requiring me to move on, rather than presuming to judge others. But just my own preferences, of course.

Blessings to your way, dayzhaze.

• Like 1

sc has indicated his willingness to edit, which more than covers it......!!!!!!

Mods are human...

Edit to add:-

and see above.

So lead by example and walk away from it...

"So lead by example and walk away from it..."

I appreciate your advice, but I am not interested in it.

Edited by dayzhaze

"So lead by example and walk away from it..."

I appreciate your advice, but I am not interested in it.

That's very funny because I  quoted your own advice back to you...

And...if I were the admin...you'd be banned...

:)

• Like 1

That's very funny because I  quoted your own advice back to you...

And...if I were the admin...you'd be banned...

I'm sure you'll get your wish gatito.

Moderation Message

Your kamikaze attitude to this forum has been made very clear dayzhaze

A gentle reminder that you received a final warning yesterday regarding your conduct.

If that's the way you want to see it. Far be it from me to correct you. If that bothers you, why stick around so long fighting about it? I can only assume you like contending, and thus you are having a good time here. Yet it's odd, because it doesn't really seem like you're happy. Confusing, honestly, because if I wasn't happy about something, and I had my say and it didn't seem like things were going to change, well I'd wander on until I found a more suitable environment.

So odd to me why people sometimes seem to anchor themselves in the very places they say they don't want to be.

Personally, well, I'm not a mod, and I don't think mods are perfect. Obviously they aren't robots, but real people with emotions, etc. But I enjoy my time here and if that changes, honestly I'll chaulk that up to my own internal changes requiring me to move on, rather than presuming to judge others. But just my own preferences, of course.

Blessings to your way, dayzhaze.

I think this environment would be excellent if the rules were enforced to the anti-mopai group,  most of these people would be banned for actual rules violations, and not made up nonsense that is applied only to the pro-mopai group.

Edited by dayzhaze

Moderation Message

Your kamikaze attitude to this forum has been made very clear dayzhaze

A gentle reminder that you received a final warning yesterday regarding your conduct.

No need for a gentle reminder, I am within all policies and rules.  You are free to bend the rules to your own end though if you like, which I am certain you will do.

I'm sure you'll get your wish gatito.

I didn't say it was my wish...

I said that it would be appropriate moderation...

Big difference!

Edited by gatito
  • Like 1

I didn't say it was my wish...

I said that it would be appropriate moderation...

Big difference!

Well I am certain your wish for appropriate moderator will be be applied shortly.

How about a sincere apology, and a self suspension for 7 days?  Seems more than fair to me, and it is certainly what you would do to a member of our group, if not a longer suspension.

when someone has over 5,000 posts and maybe one or two slip-ups over about eight years, he doesn't get suspended immediately. He's given a chance to change his post, it's that's simple. As far as apologising, all I would do is re-word my post, but the basic sentiment wouldn't change a bit. 

Since this is a thread about moderation of the website, here's an example of a PM I might send to others in this situation:

Hi

Could you do me a favor and please find another way to express your opinion in this post? The language you resorted to comes across as abusive and insulting. You're free to express your opinions, but do try to keeo the tone more civil. Thank you for your understanding.

PS - I'm going to PM Wells to see if he'll agree to change the text in his quote of your post.

And 9 times out of 10, it goes exactly the way I request. Wells knows this quite well. If the person responds uncooperatively, then I take it up with the other mods, or something along those lines.

Believe it or not, and I know you won't, I'd extend the same courtesy to you if you were to write something outright insulting to someone. But my problem with you're group isn't the language, it's the intention behind your very presence in these forums.

• Like 3

Well I am certain your wish for appropriate moderator will be be applied shortly.

If so, it would be a first on this forum!

• Like 2

Believe it or not, and I know you won't, I'd extend the same courtesy to you if you were to write something outright insulting to someone. But my problem with you're group isn't the language, it's the intention behind your very presence in these forums.

... and 99.9% of the time that's the crux of the problem here...

• Like 1

No need for a gentle reminder, I am within all policies and rules.  You are free to bend the rules to your own end though if you like, which I am certain you will do.

Moderation Message

Dayzhaze has been suspended for three days for the continuation of behaviour contrary to the precepts of this forum.

His posting is constantly themed against the forum, its administrators and its members.

He received a final warning yesterday having returned from a previous suspension and has continued in the same vein today.

His continued presence on the forum will be further discussed by the Mod Team.

• Like 1

I support the space pandas, what you people are doing is wrong, and you should not be in charge of this website.

Hello all!

My name is Anna, and I'm super excited to be apart of this forum. I'm excited to talk with you all and then to learn more from all of you!

That didn't take long! Not a surprise, though.

• Like 2

I think this environment would be excellent if the rules were enforced to the anti-mopai group,  most of these people would be banned for actual rules violations, and not made up nonsense that is applied only to the pro-mopai group.

I actually hear what you are saying. When multiple people act up and get moderated, and they all fly the same banner, it is easy to lump them into the same group, and natural for others to make assumptions about this group, whether or not they are completely true.

Oddly enough I've received spiritual teachings warning about this phenomena. It seems certain spiritual schools can manipulate energy in ways that becomes offensive to various subtle spiritual elements, and these spiritual elements become drawn into a polarity with that school.

Someone who joins this school and begins practicing that school's qigong is targeted just as much as any of the rest of them. This can can cause some struggle for this person, and it also might seem unfair. However is it not dissimilar to many people having a raging dislike for citizens of the USA, even the ones who do not intentionally support the actions of its agencies. By paying taxes we are still supporting those actions, even if we are unaware, and so we end up paying the consequences of those actions all the same.

Rather makes me wonder if there are any who are part of the Mo Pai group who do agree that the actions of some of it's members are a bit unharmonious. If people from a school I attend started developing a reputation I didn't agree with, I might have a few words to say, to help remind others that they shouldn't be assuming the actions of a few are the intentions of all of its members. Funny though, how most people from the group are defending these actions and creating more disharmony.

I don't know if this is the case with mopai, as I know little of mopai, but I have encountered a few energetic schools that seem to focus on powering up, and their actions clearly indicate all they care about is power. Seems to go against the principles of humility.... the very reason humility is a wisely cultivated attribute is to allow one's power to build in a way that does not draw others to fight against it. Though often those who desire power seem to welcome the opportunity to fight to prove they have power... alas these fights tend to get in the way of real discussions.

Edited by Daeluin
  • Like 2