Yue

Mixing Practices

I have tried mixing several thing with my kunlun practice during thes three weeks I have practiced. Or I dont mix while doing kunlun, but I might rather say I combine practices. Not everyone with good results. But I had to try.

My best experience has been with doing Muhammed sitting qigong after a kunlun session. I think Kunlun has expanded my sensitivity and experience of qigong a thousandfold! My other qigong feels so much better and I think I am able to understand the movements, or experience their effect, a lot more now than before I started doing Kunlun.

But while doing Kunlun I experience that Im not able to mix. Whenever I focus on something, like my knee or toes or heart or a chakra or a channel, the flow in my bouncing legs stop and I realize I have to work on letting go again. I have forund that Kunlun works best when Im able to totally let go of everything and dont focus on anything.

As you see Kunlun is the root. It gives you a greater understanding of your qigong.

Most of you will surpass your teachers in understanding and ability by practicing the root.

But while doing Kunlun I experience that Im not able to mix. Whenever I focus on something, like my knee or toes or heart or a chakra or a channel, the flow in my bouncing legs stop and I realize I have to work on letting go again.

I claim no particular expertise except as someone who has practiced for a few weeks, but it seems to me that those periods of time without bouncing (or laughing, screaming, shaking, etc) might be when the most potent cultivation is taking place. My theory is that bouncing and the other outward drama of Kunlun practice happens whenever the energy hits resistance/blockages in the body. So if I'm practicing and there's no bouncing etc I figure its either that the energy isn't sufficiently activated, or that I'm presently focusing that energy in such a way that its not encountering any resistance. While dealing with my blocks is certainly necessary for further progress, its during the quiet times that the energy is penetrating my system most profoundly.

I enjoy playing around with different intentions during my practice, as well as having lots of just plain "let go" time. Sometimes I intend the Kunlun energy to work on health issues, trauma issues from childhood, to help me connect with the spirit beings behind the practice, to help me resonate with the energy behind a lake in Tibet I have an affinity to, etc. Depending upon my intention I sometimes get tons of bouncing (turbulence), and at other times enter deeper, quieter places. In any case, it's certainly interesting.

Sheng Zhen--Isn't Master Li great? I took several workshops with him some years back here in Portland.

Sheng Zhen--Isn't Master Li great? I took several workshops with him some years back here in Portland.

Ive never met Master Li, but I really love his qigong. The Mohammed sitting is just great and it grows to feel better and better everyday.

X,

I'd be happy to lend you my copy. Just pm me your address. If anyone else is interested, we can float it around on the taobums lending library. Just remember to get it back to Degoba!

-Y

Thanks Yoda. I'll think about it. But really, are these definitions so complex as to require a book? How are people being drawn to this if they don't know what they're being drawn to?

Thanks Yoda. I'll think about it. But really, are these definitions so complex as to require a book? How are people being drawn to this if they don't know what they're being drawn to?

Well, actually doing the practice results in a feeling of bliss very quickly. And it makes me feels good before / during / after practicing. As to the re-enlightment, not sure if anyone is saying that they have achieved that, so it could be......{insert best guess here}.

Why not have a go and see if you like it?

You don't need the book. Most of the book is just stories about the practice anyhow. The actual practice itself is quite simple. I've posted this before but the book does say you can share the method with anyone, just don't pass yourself off as a kunlun teacher. But then the book is copyright. Would posting the description of the level one method fall into the less than 10% reproduces for the purpose of academic study loophole?

I think it does so P.M. me and I'll send you the instructions if you like. But that would have to wait till monday as I'm lazzy and would like to OCR the book at work so I don't have to type too much :)

Well, actually doing the practice results in a feeling of bliss very quickly. And it makes me feels good before / during / after practicing. As to the re-enlightment, not sure if anyone is saying that they have achieved that, so it could be......{insert best guess here}.

Why not have a go and see if you like it?

You don't need the book. Most of the book is just stories about the practice anyhow. The actual practice itself is quite simple. I've posted this before but the book does say you can share the method with anyone, just don't pass yourself off as a kunlun teacher. But then the book is copyright. Would posting the description of the level one method fall into the less than 10% reproduces for the purpose of academic study loophole?

I think it does so P.M. me and I'll send you the instructions if you like. But that would have to wait till monday as I'm lazzy and would like to OCR the book at work so I don't have to type too much :)

Cool Bro, Thanks. But shoot, I'm lazy too, so my PM won't be sent until at least tomorrow :).

Hello

Can someone make a clip of there Kunlun practise of them bouncing, laughing, screaming, running into tennis court nets and getting stuck to things? LOL

I would like to see this with my own eyes!

Anyone???

WYG

I've not have any dramatic experiences doing Kunlun, but I was curious how it would work on someone who was very open energetically so I asked my 7 year old daughter to give it a shot... within minutes she was being thrown around and laughing like she was on a roller coaster. I quickly ended the experiment... Chris hasn't said whether Kunlun is appropriate for kids or not. I should have checked in first, in retrospect. But it was quite something.

I've not have any dramatic experiences doing Kunlun, but I was curious how it would work on someone who was very open energetically so I asked my 7 year old daughter to give it a shot... within minutes she was being thrown around and laughing like she was on a roller coaster. I quickly ended the experiment... Chris hasn't said whether Kunlun is appropriate for kids or not. I should have checked in first, in retrospect. But it was quite something.

not claiming expertise or anything, but i have a couple of thoughts:

it's not a sexualizing energy or anything. kundalini is probably a different matter, but my feeling about the energy cultivated through the kunlun method is that kids would be naturals, and that's probably a good thing.

that's part of the challenge for us, isn't it? to get back to our natural, child-like state.

BUT,

then there's the issue with having a "liberated," out-of-control child who doesn't have a mature enough ego structure to function in balance with their spiritual aspect. i think a healthy ego structure is important, and any really powerful spiritual practice could potentially hinder the development of important socializing mechanisms in the psyche. still spiritually good, but maybe developmentally risky for a child, from a socialization perspective.

Edited by Hundun

Hundun,

Thanks for your thoughts, I'm inclined to agree... the non-kundalininess seems kosher to me.

On another subject, it's funny you should mention "liberated kids" on this forum.

While I like the theory of liberated kids, Mrs. Yoda is surrounded by them at these homeschooling playgroups and says that they are a total drag.

One of them even carved a smiley face on our kitchen table and didn't bother to apologize. It's hard to shock me, but we had just fed the kid, you know? A good meal too. It was like he was an occupying soldier or something.

Anyways... my new theory on liberated kids is that it takes extremely gifted parents to go for the "liberated" approach and the rest of us should stay on the road.

Yoda

I claim no particular expertise except as someone who has practiced for a few weeks, but it seems to me that those periods of time without bouncing (or laughing, screaming, shaking, etc) might be when the most potent cultivation is taking place. My theory is that bouncing and the other outward drama of Kunlun practice happens whenever the energy hits resistance/blockages in the body. So if I'm practicing and there's no bouncing etc I figure its either that the energy isn't sufficiently activated, or that I'm presently focusing that energy in such a way that its not encountering any resistance. While dealing with my blocks is certainly necessary for further progress, its during the quiet times that the energy is penetrating my system most profoundly.

I enjoy playing around with different intentions during my practice, as well as having lots of just plain "let go" time. Sometimes I intend the Kunlun energy to work on health issues, trauma issues from childhood, to help me connect with the spirit beings behind the practice, to help me resonate with the energy behind a lake in Tibet I have an affinity to, etc. Depending upon my intention I sometimes get tons of bouncing (turbulence), and at other times enter deeper, quieter places. In any case, it's certainly interesting.

Hi Luke,

For what it's worth, my experiences are very similar to yours. Some days very little movement. Others days lots, but mostly confined to lower body. Sometimes the upper arm fires as if a nerve is hit or something. Also sometimes I feel like I get an "energetic" push in my torso or spine.

kundalini is probably a different matter, but my feeling about the energy cultivated through the kunlun method is that kids would be naturals, and that's probably a good thing.
I agree (mostly, I think).

Hundun:

then there's the issue with having a "liberated," out-of-control child who doesn't have a mature enough ego structure to function in balance with their spiritual aspect. i think a healthy ego structure is important, and any really powerful spiritual practice could potentially hinder the development of important socializing mechanisms in the psyche. still spiritually good, but maybe developmentally risky for a child, from a socialization perspective.

One of them even carved a smiley face on our kitchen table and didn't bother to apologize. It's hard to shock me, but we had just fed the kid, you know? A good meal too. It was like he was an occupying soldier or something.

I could be wrong, but I think that Hundun's use of "liberated" is maybe the opposite of the excessive ego expression of the table-carver. Part of the problem of the mystic personality is that spiritual states are so powerfully absorbing, disolving of ego, and mostly solitary in experience. Almost all of the psychological basis that %99.99 percent of people use to socialize goes away for varying periods during meditative absorption. It's very pleasurable, spacious, and compelling. From those spaces the usual human psychological hub-bub becomes very disinteresting. It's a not-unusual challenge for many (adults included) who go through the process that relating to others is .. a stretch, let's say. :lol: Solitary, inward, quiet, and a long term adaptive challenge of relating to others. I certainly have experienced my own version of this, not everyone does - but it's not uncommon on the mystic path.

Besides the maybe confusion over the use of "liberated", Hundun's was the most clear explicit statement of that sort of thing that I've ever heard. Where do you get this stuff?

Hundun,

Yeah mate saw the trailer although i wouldnt mind seeing the members on Tao Bums that are claiming they are getting this same bliss and shaking, screaming, and stuff.

Since everyone that bought the book here and been to Max's seminars have transmissions, i thought some of you might be able to let your video run and capture your Bliss state for all of us to see. Not to prove anything to people but to see how it all begins and turns out. I myself would like to learn more about Kunlun but live in oz and we dont get the transmission so would be good to see from you guys that say you are getting shaking and screaming, crying, getting stuck to poles etc?

Can the tao bum members perform it rather watch max's trailer, that would be a real eye opener!!

WYG

I'm curious about the kids aspect, too. I have a 13 year old son who's pretty intelligent, straight A student and seemingly very well adjusted despite growing up in 3 different households (mine, his mom's, my parents...long story...) I'm on some lofty pedestal in his mind, he knows about qigong and meditation...I've taught him to 'sit and calm the mind' before bedtime...simple stuff like that, but honestly I dont know how much he does it.

I'm not sure if I want to train him, at least not personally...I know some theory well, but my practice is limited and it wouldnt surprise me if he surpassed me easily. I wouldnt want an obi-wan/anakin type disaster on my hands :lol:

I'm curious about the kids aspect, too. I have a 13 year old son who's pretty intelligent, straight A student and seemingly very well adjusted despite growing up in 3 different households (mine, his mom's, my parents...long story...) I'm on some lofty pedestal in his mind, he knows about qigong and meditation...I've taught him to 'sit and calm the mind' before bedtime...simple stuff like that, but honestly I dont know how much he does it.

I'm not sure if I want to train him, at least not personally...I know some theory well, but my practice is limited and it wouldnt surprise me if he surpassed me easily. I wouldnt want an obi-wan/anakin type disaster on my hands :lol:

Students are supposed to surpass their teachers. That is part of passing this knowledge on. Max tells us all we will surpass him (I can't imagine that reality) and he is happy about it.

The challenge with keeping this kind of knowledge alive has been that in the past each teacher (out of fear) would keep a little piece for themselves until eventually everything of substance was gone, leaving empty ritual as the practice.

Sounds like a good kid to me. I wouldn't worry too much. Just think of how amazing he could be.

Hundun's was the most clear explicit statement of that sort of thing that I've ever heard.

I second that.

~~~

I'll ask Max in Phoenix about the kid angle. It seems to me that it is a very kid friendly practice: not mystical, no belief structure, very easy, doesn't have to be done for long periods of time, kids can "outdo" their parents in it which is a treat for them, they like the automatic movement thing, definitely fun. The nice thing is you can share it without a big song and dance. I just told Freya to try out the position for a minute or two to see what she thought. I found the whipping around thing to be a bit much, but she was definitely having fun. I stopped it to prevent it from getting any stronger and we spent a lot of time grounding the vibe.

Students are supposed to surpass their teachers. That is part of passing this knowledge on. Max tells us all we will surpass him (I can't imagine that reality) and he is happy about it.

The challenge with keeping this kind of knowledge alive has been that in the past each teacher (out of fear) would keep a little piece for themselves until eventually everything of substance was gone, leaving empty ritual as the practice.

Sounds like a good kid to me. I wouldn't worry too much. Just think of how amazing he could be.

thanks :) I'm not that ego-driven where I wouldnt want my own son not to surpass me, in fact I hope he does in every way possible. I try to pass on knowledge, anecdotes and such to help him along his way. I was merely concerned with him having some sort of issue I would not be able to help him with. Of course, I'd imagine that in time it would be he who helps me :)

I'm off to go watch him kick ass in his swim meet...been hearing excellent things from his coaches this year in terms of development, maturity, etc. It gives me a deep sense of happiness to see him do well!

Asprin,

In responding to a question of mine, Max said that it was fine to do my Hindu mantras (non energy mantras) at a separate time of the day. About other energy practices, I don't know, but I'd say to skip them altogether and do Kunlun exclusively for awhile to experience it and then go exclusively with the practice that you like the most. Just between us, I've got a dollar that says it aint MCO. :lol:

I haven't had practically any shaking legs, so I don't think that it's important other than for building up the energy to get the trunk moving when you are just starting. Getting the trunk moving, at least in my experience, is important and would help avoid any tension from building. Per the book, try circling the spine clockwise to see if that will help you tune into the signal.

Yoda

My advice is to just feel, don't try producing specific results, don't try moving specific parts of your body unless you are really stumped, just quiet your mind, get in the position and feel movement coming along, and feel yourself go with the flow. The shaking of the legs may happen on its own, or it may not.

I imagine myself like a log in a river, going with the current. Or as a child I would swim in the water, and 'play dead' as the water drifted me around in certain positions and threw me around. it is something along those lines, just let it all go.

I am no master, and take what I say with a grain of salt, I am only speaking through my own experiences and feelings.

Ben