Yue

Mixing Practices

are you holding your tongue up to your palate? if not, start. that's one of the most important missing pieces that made max's lesson so irresponsible, in my opinion. the tongue and the perineum solidify the ren and du channels into one complete circuit. the energy in your head can actually drain through your tongue and return to the lower tantien. if there's a lot of energy to be drained, you'll even feel that tingling sensation in your tongue as well as your teeth.

IMO, red phoenix would only worsen the condition. it can induce dizziness, nausea, vomiting, headaches, the fight-or-flight response, and a number of borderline symptoms.

you certainly don't want to force the 3rd eye or the crown to open, but especially not the crown.

Hi Hundun,

Yes I hold my tongue to the top of the palette:

Hi Yiqili,

I am doing around 45 minutes of holding the posture, but my cooldowns are pretty short. Just 5-10 minutes (the book says most 'manifestations' will occur during cooldown). I am still pretty new to this, so learning as I go along. I seemed to experience more intense 'phenomena' while holding the posture my first time practicing, but I was holding my arms backwards (left on top) and had also just finished 2 hrs of Tai Chi. I have also noticed increased salivation, but I attributed it to keeping the tip of my tongue touching the roof of my mouth during practice. I am not sure if this is proper form, but I do this during most cultivation as well as tai chi.

I am thinking about trying some of the water descending methods Jane describes, but wondering if this would be counter-productive to Kunlun. Not sure if I should throw any more variables into the mix, or just see if Kunlun works this energy out for me on its own.

Could Kunlun be mixed with stuff from the local Vitamin Shoppe or GNC?

Like 5-HTP, omega-3, or melatonin? or maybe with a milder nootropic like brainquicken?

Nootropics are goooood. Max had me taking some at one point and I subsequently whooped my girlfriend's booty in Scrabble. I really smoked her (and she is very good). She tried to hide them after that.

No worries there mate. We believe in mixing the best of both modern science and tradition. White powder gold, nootropics, 5-HTP etc.

Max is considering teaching an herb class at some point so we are looking to see if people would be interested. He met a really great Chinese herbalist named Hank who is interested in making something happen.

I am thinking about trying some of the water descending methods Jane describes, but wondering if this would be counter-productive to Kunlun. Not sure if I should throw any more variables into the mix, or just see if Kunlun works this energy out for me on its own.

Kunlun is the downward flow. You may feel the sensation of energy rising but it is in reception of the cooling downward flow. Spiraling clockwise will help bring the energy from above. Counter-clockwise will raise it.

Kunlun is the downward flow. You may feel the sensation of energy rising but it is in reception of the cooling downward flow. Spiraling clockwise will help bring the energy from above. Counter-clockwise will raise it.

Things are starting to add up now. I almost always seem to spiral counter-clockwiise. Should I try to guide it counter- clockwise for the first half and then clockwise for the second. Again, my body's natural instinct seems to be to go counter clockwise.

Things are starting to add up now. I almost always seem to spiral counter-clockwiise. Should I try to guide it counter- clockwise for the first half and then clockwise for the second. Again, my body's natural instinct seems to be to go counter clockwise.

Just go clockwise from the beginning or side to side. After you really get into it and let go, your body will assume the correct movements and postures for your situation. This is formless form.

Understood. Accurate information is important.

Opinion is fine but speaking as an authority when you are not, is unacceptable.

My two cents.

I've been following the kunlun threads and have bought the book.

I haven't read it yet and will eventually do so.

I'm waiting for more long term. feedback.

There seems to be a lot of confusion.

As an example the threads state the picture and the written discription of the hand position

don't match up. Many people who were at the workshop seem confused

about accuracy of information and presentation.

I find it unacceptable that authorities on the practice are not precise in their teachings

and this has made me hesitate to try them.

Would like to know if it is ok to play tai chi chuan once one begins kunlun

thanks

My two cents.

I've been following the kunlun threads and have bought the book.

I haven't read it yet and will eventually do so.

I'm waiting for more long term. feedback.

There seems to be a lot of confusion.

As an example the threads state the picture and the written discription of the hand position

don't match up. Many people who were at the workshop seem confused

about accuracy of information and presentation.

I find it unacceptable that authorities on the practice are not precise in their teachings

and this has made me hesitate to try them.

Would like to know if it is ok to play tai chi chuan once one begins kunlun

thanks

I'll say this: Max will teach you things one way one day, and the opposite the next. It is to keep you formless and unattached. He changes the "correct" way of doing things all the time to get you to understand the essence of what you are doing. This is the way he was taught.

Cross hands left over right or right over left, etc. It doesn't really matter in this case. Once you activate and let go your body knows what to do.

Sometimes the details are important other times they are not.

I'll say this: Max will teach you things one way one day, and the opposite the next. It is to keep you formless and unattached. He changes the "correct" way of doing things all the time to get you to understand the essence of what you are doing. This is the way he was taught.

Cross hands left over right or right over left, etc. It doesn't really matter in this case. Once you activate and let go your body knows what to do.

Sometimes the details are important other times they are not.

Thanks for the input.

The only problem is we - me - mortals never know when they are important or not.

So it is ok to play tai chi chuan once one begins kunlun.

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Thanks for the input.

The only problem is we - me - mortals never know when they are important or not.

So it is ok to play tai chi chuan once one begins kunlun.

Sure. Kunlun is the energy that fuels Tai Chi.

Sure. Kunlun is the energy that fuels Tai Chi.

What about mixing Kunlun with the tendon-changing fist set? It generates local qi in the arms but also leads qi out from the dan tian to the arms. It's a set I train to benefit my gungfu. Would that be a harmful or helpful practice mixed with kunlun? Doesn't it say not to mix ANY practices?

Finally, before I forget, and this is all hypothetical since I haven't even started yet, say that I start kunlun and end up disliking it and wanting to go back to other practices. Do I just stop and resume the previous practice, or is there some kind of transitioning period?

Edited by Yue

Jumping to opportunity to ask while Chris-Mantra is here..

Probably in a book I have seen that Max knows Taoist and Tibetan dreaming practises. Are they part of the knowledge Max is going to share on seminars or next book? Any prerequisites?

Probably in a book I have seen that Max knows Taoist and Tibetan dreaming practises. Are they part of the knowledge Max is going to share on seminars or next book?

He teaches some parts of it if you attend his workshops.

...Sometimes the details are important other times they are not.

But then how is one to know when they are and when they are not?

I know the answer, and so do you...by special transmission from max and/or book purchase...IOW $ in your and max's pockets.

You, max and the rest of your business group should be ashamed. And presumably more fiscally solvent.

When you all muster the spiritual courage to give away what you've learned then you will be Tathagata.

Until such time you shame your spirits.

Reconsider.

I am very thankful that Max is offering the seminars. I have paid much more for previous metaphysical seminars. They don't charge that much and give you a discount if you have previously attended. The transmission was real for me and definitely helped my progress. I am grateful that I have had the opportunity to study with Max. Craig

In this world where were told what to do and what to think from the moment were born its with great surprise to hear someone suggest to let your own intuition tell you what it is that is best for you.Imo all the best qigong teachers point to formless form.

Xeno shame is what seperates us.Take a deep breath all will be fine.

Xenolith, before we go cursing other people's spirits into netherworlds, lets be fair. Mantak Chia's book that apparently helped you a lot on your path cost money which was reinvested into more marketing which made the books more widely available which is probably the only reason you ever found them.

My personal belief is that the only way to reach and help much of any audience these days is to charge money. The modern mind equates free with worthless.

In fact I would wager that if you made a very detailed ebook, methodically laying out of your SKF teachings and telling your whole story, and you charged $147 for it, you would reach (and thereby help) at least FIVE TIMES as many people in your lifetime than if you just continued posting in threads that disappear on TTB and other forums. And the people you reached would be five times more likely to follow through on the material as well because the act of taking money (value) and transferring it for something else that you find more valuable than money is a powerful alchemical act of commitment in itself.

I think Lama Dorje should double his prices.

Best,

Sean

But then how is one to know when they are and when they are not?

I know the answer, and so do you...by special transmission from max and/or book purchase...IOW $ in your and max's pockets.

You, max and the rest of your business group should be ashamed. And presumably more fiscally solvent.

When you all muster the spiritual courage to give away what you've learned then you will be Tathagata.

Until such time you shame your spirits.

Reconsider.

That's really crappy.

No. Shame on you for passing judgment. The seminar costs cover very expensive flight and hotel costs. A lot of charity has also been passed on. It's not about making money. Trust me, very little money has been made and has been lost in some cases. I help put these seminars together. I have another job that pays the bills. I put A LOT of time and hard work into helping to make these seminars available for people. Shame on YOUR spirit!

If you don't want to buy the $15 dollar book, then don't! Sorry, books aren't printed for free so we have to charge. No one owes you anything.

Also, Chris gives a lot of free information in this forum. Yes, He GIVES AWAY this information. He puts a lot of time into answering peoples questions and making sure things are as clear as possible. He doesn't have do it.

As for what's important....Max gives a lot more information to others than he was given. He had to figure a lot of things out for himself. Yes, sometimes you have to work for the answers, not just have them given to you. If it is a truly important detail Max will stress the point.

One thing for sure, Sifu Max and what he and his friends are about has nothing to do with money-making business. And believe me, I can smell a rat when I see one.

He is a good man with good friends helping him share the knowledge. It's up to you to see its worth, or to move on.

M

One thing for sure, Sifu Max and what he and his friends are about has nothing to do with money-making business. And believe me, I can smell a rat when I see one.

He is a good man with good friends helping him share the knowledge. It's up to you to see its worth, or to move on.

M

Thanks for all of the good support guys.

We have met so many good people during this experiment in teaching at these seminars that I have to keep in mind that it is perhaps one person in a thousand that has a problem with us.

When you actually think about what my friend Max is doing for people it is quite incredible. We have had suicide cases turn around in one day after being "called" to our seminars. We have seen cancer victims cured over night. One kid in Hawaii had a hole in his heart and some faulty valves but after ONE class it healed. These are just a few recent examples. There are HUNDREDS of stories like this.

It is incredible.

The fact that someone has come here to provide us with the means to effectively transcend our own misery is mind blowing, because it is true and real.

I hope this helps you all understand my intense loyalty to this man and my drive to keep him from retiring from teaching. The world needs him and I will continue to do everything in my power to promote his work.

P.S. Happy birthday Max (Oct. 26th) thanks for not checking out at 43.

Edited by Mantra68

i'd really appreciated it if we could all stop fighting. i really feel exhausted from the whole thing.

i think mantra's attack on me was completely uncalled for. i meant it when i apologized for my anger and tone in the SF kunlun workshop thread. i try to be honest and genuine. i try to live my life with integrity, even when others around me don't understand.

it's insulting and a little hurtful to have my character attacked when all i'm doing is trying to participate in this community in a meaningful way.

i attacked the character of someone that many of you care a great deal about. i understand that. i don't expect be forgiven by all of you just because i apologized after the damage had been done. but i wasn't wrong to level the criticism. i was wrong for using an emotionally toxic tone. it was disrespectful and unnecessary, and i acknowledged that. and even though it was just a couple of weeks ago, i think i've grown since then.

i could have taken things a whole lot further, but i didn't think it would serve any good purpose. i said what i had to say about the matter, and now people have to make their own decision. and if someone else decides in the future to step forward and go against the consensus the way i did, it will be the same thing.

my criticism hasn't changed really, but my feelings about max as a person HAS changed. i was hoping to build a bridge with that statement, and instead i was accused of trying to hijack the system or something.

i'm here to learn like everybody else. and i'm here to share my knowledge and perspective, like everybody else.

am i really so dangerous? is the image or your group really so fragile?

image is a barrier to enlightenment. i may not know much, but i know that.

mantra, i think you're wrong about me. but i'm tired. i haven't been policing and attacking your posts, even when they make me wince.

how about you give me a break this time.

i like this community, and i don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.

Edited by Hundun

I know. I apologize for the venom.

My remarks today didn't really sit well with me either. I could actually feel from your perspective how they affected you if that makes any sense.

I try to be as helpful and patient as I can here but I am who I am and I will not feign piety.

There are a few of your remarks that I have issue with because they are outright false and slanderous.

I am far from perfect as I am reminded daily in the presence of those whose hearts have been opened. I humbly and honestly work toward greater understanding.

I am opening up to new realities and new abilities are revealing themselves. This is not a linear process.

Undertaking internal alchemical practices that work, is actually a pretty crazy idea if you think about it. You are changing your body. A process that is not always easy. Sometimes it can be excruciating other times it can be blissful. It is much different than people think. Most of the time it is uncomfortable. That is the reality.

The point of all of this is that given the right circumstances you can learn about deeper levels of nasty that you hold. Full moon is a good trigger.

I too seek peace.

Peace.

Yes you gotta love the full moon :lol: so beautifull.

Im glad Mantra and dakini dropped by again :) like dakini said: alot of info is being passed here, great !

Kind regards.

Edited by minkus

Thanks for everything Chris.

I think, in a way, you are all just "being yourself" and don't see much of a problem in that.

We are all just characters in this play called "life" no? Everyone has there small part to play.

Wish Max a happy birthday for me.

cam