Cameron

Kunlun Level 1

Cell Phones = holding a 5 watt microwave against your head.

Hold it a little away ehh?

wuji = unlimited spirals

I don't own a cell phone. neither does mYTHISmAKER.

A lot of people think they are safe by using an extension ear piece.

The phone will do it's damage where ever it is placed against the body.

They do sell gizmos - for lack of a better word - which you place on

the phone to disapate the charge.

Re cell phones:

I know a particular teacher who warns very strongly against cell phones. He says he can tell which ear people habitually hold their phones to by the damage in their energy field.

Apparently the most dangerous times are when the signal is being established. So he advises to hold the phones away at the very start of calls when you're being connected, and also not to use them when driving or on trains, as the signal is continuously being re-established.

He's also quite down on hairdryers.

On a personal note, I had a notable experience on the last day of this year's retreat with Sifu Yap. I was talking on my mobile (=cell phone!) for about ten minutes before the afternoon healing exchange session, and when I was receiving healing a few minutes later, the sensation of the mobile phone energy was unmistakeable. It's very prickly feeling, with an unpleasant kind of heat, and as it moved down my arm it was gruesomely nasty. I sincerely hope I was getting rid of more than just ten minutes' worth, because if all that goes in every time I use the thing, it's got to be doing some serious harm.

Re cell phones:

I know a particular teacher who warns very strongly against cell phones. He says he can tell which ear people habitually hold their phones to by the damage in their energy field.

Apparently the most dangerous times are when the signal is being established. So he advises to hold the phones away at the very start of calls when you're being connected, and also not to use them when driving or on trains, as the signal is continuously being re-established.

He's also quite down on hairdryers.

On a personal note, I had a notable experience on the last day of this year's retreat with Sifu Yap. I was talking on my mobile (=cell phone!) for about ten minutes before the afternoon healing exchange session, and when I was receiving healing a few minutes later, the sensation of the mobile phone energy was unmistakeable. It's very prickly feeling, with an unpleasant kind of heat, and as it moved down my arm it was gruesomely nasty. I sincerely hope I was getting rid of more than just ten minutes' worth, because if all that goes in every time I use the thing, it's got to be doing some serious harm.

Thanx for the info, your personal experience with your mobile right before a healing session was very intresting. A prickly feeling with an unpleasant kind of heat -> i couldnt describe it better.

It seems like a small microwave oven yeh ,maybe better throw that devilish device away :/

Okay finally got around to giving this a whirl for about 30-40 minutes. Think what you like about Max, but I have to say there is something to this method. The first thing I started to feel were small itchy, creepy-crawley sensations in various parts of my body. Then it felt like the hairs on the back of my neck were being tickled or breathed on. Actually kinda eerie, but I tried not to focus on it. After about 10 minutes, my right leg started going up and down like the needle on a sowing machine. My left leg barely moved, but after about 5 minutes it started to kick in as well. Sometimes they would pump in harmony, and sometimes opposite one another. I also experienced some stuff bubbling up from my subconscious. I could smell the incense that they used to burn in church at Christmas quite distinctly (frankincense I believe). I have no idea why. I had couple of distint images/visions pop into my head: a white babboon (does this symbolize anything?), and yes... a reptile-like eye, just the eye (possibly mental "junk" stuck in my subconscious from all the discussion about it). Another interesting thing is that when I closed my eyes, I could see my legs in my mind's eye as two big wads of white light. Kinda strange and unexpected. I also felt a lot of energy/pressure in my skull. I had this experience for several days before, but it went away. During Kunlun the sensation returned and got more intense.

I did not experience much in the upper body. Maybe a half dozen "impulses" which seemed to push my upper body backward very slightly. Kind of like the automatic reaction your body has when a nerve gets hit, but without any physical sensation of the nerve. I tried the spiralling the waste as well, but this didn't seem to do much. Again, maybe it would have had I kept at longer, not sure.

Anyhow, that's about all I can think of. I wonder if I am over analyzing the experiences. :unsure:

Hi Mantra,

I still have no movements aside from leg shaking that could be stopped easily by pushing leg higher..

Is it correct that unless I get this spontaneous movements happen I do Kunlun improperly?

Maybe 4 years of standing meditation are responsible for that?.. I did have a lot of sweating, shaking etc in first 16 months of it

About closing .. could it be done in lotus/half-lotus position? I feel much more comfortable in it than sitting on chair

Not big deal.. just curious

All the best...

Anyhow, that's about all I can think of. I wonder if I am over analyzing the experiences. :unsure:

Good experiences. The bouncing legs is your body trying to balance. If your right leg bounces you are balancing yang, left leg is yin energy. When they bounce together you are generating.

You are doing good.

Seeing the eye means your third eye is opening. The pressure in your forehead is another symptom of this process.

Check out Max's (aka Smile) new post. It's goood and should inspire many.

and yes... a reptile-like eye, just the eye (possibly mental "junk" stuck in my subconscious from all the discussion about it).

NOOOO! Not a reptilian eye! NO! Help! Reptilians... must become their friends... before they... conquer earth...

Just kidding. Its good to share your experiences, goes into the online Kunlun data bank.

Chris (mantra) - is there a certain breathing pattern to use with Kunlun? (i.e. natural abdominal vs reverse...)

Okay finally got around to giving this a whirl for about 30-40 minutes. ...

Uh, are you saying that you got all of that from your first try at the posture? :huh:

I think everyone on this board needs to go to there local Zoo and make friends with all the different variety of animals in nature and not just get stuck on one.

Smile, for example..can go the The Bronx Zoo..by far my favorite hang out as a kid.

Edited by Cameron

Uh, are you saying that you got all of that from your first try at the posture? :huh:

Hi Trunk,

Yes. I tried to write my experience down in as much detail as possible. I did the practice immediately after a 2 hour tai chi class. I have no idea if that would make my experience any more or less intense. I am also not a frequent meditator. I do some standing meditation in small doses which I just started this summer. I have also been practicing jing retention, then circulating the energy up the spine, through the skull, and down to my dantien. Have been doing that for about 2 months (thx for the article on breathing through coccyx btw). I have no idea if any of this would affect Kunlun. I wasn't sure to what degree others were having these experiences. There was lots of posts on what was happening externally, but little on what was going on internally. I was hoping this would get others to discuss some of their experiences. Maybe I just have more baggage to work through than some of you guys, hence the sensations. I think it was Lin Aiwei who said that the real cultivation begins once the sensations go away.

To be honest, the things I did experience were not what I was expecting, and the things I was expecting did not occur. Oddly enough, I did not experience much if any heat... Very little upper body movement aside from the sensation of being pushed back slightly. And lastly, I didn't feel any type of emotional bliss as far as I could tell.

Also, the sensations became more intense when my eyes were closed. This is when the images I mentioned appeared very vivdly in mind. I was actually kind of apprehensive about even mentioning them, but I figured why hold things back? I appreciate Mantra's explanation of the reptile type eye, but still not sure what the babboon symbolizes if anything. The incense smell was still there with eyes opened and lasted for maybe 20 seconds (I find it really hard to judge time in this type of mental state). The feeling on my head lasted all through the meditation, and a good while after, but I have felt this prior to doing Kunlun (see my post on tingling in skull).

Oh and one last thing. I did the posture with left hand on top which is what the book says, although the picture shows right hand on top. I read earlier that someone asked max about this and he said the right hand should be on top. Hopefully this is not too serious, and if so that would really irresponsible error to let the book be printed like that in my opinion. Mantra, could you please elaborate on this point? Also is it safe to do the meditation combined with central channel breathing? I found myself doing this almost automatically.

Brgds!

Rats, it looks like Mantra68 has left the building. I'm heading for the Phoenix and wanted to ask if there were any things I could do to enhance the seminar. I assume He'd think D'uh and write 'Slow and steady practice is all you need, just like the book says'.

Still I wonder if making a special effort for celibacy the last week or two would help. Or something..

Michael

I think it was Lin Aiwei who said that the real cultivation begins once the sensations go away.

So true. :)

Lin is very wise.

Wow! I was definitely getting some heat tonight. Not sure if it is related or not, but I had something small to eat and some tea 15 minutes before beginning practice. There was also much more upper body movement this time around as well. I kept experiencing something akin to a nervous twitch that was firing in my right shoulder and arm muscles. It felt very much like how your body reacts when shivering. In fact this may have been what was generating all of the heat. It kept pulling me forward and contracting my body. It was almost all occuring on the right side of my body. I can't really explain this rationally but I just had a sense that my body was doing what it needed to do to purify itself. I am actually really starting to enjoy this practice very much.

Wow! I was definitely getting some heat tonight. Not sure if it is related or not, but I had something small to eat and some tea 15 minutes before beginning practice. There was also much more upper body movement this time around as well. I kept experiencing something akin to a nervous twitch that was firing in my right shoulder and arm muscles. It felt very much like how your body reacts when shivering. In fact this may have been what was generating all of the heat. It kept pulling me forward and contracting my body. It was almost all occuring on the right side of my body. I can't really explain this rationally but I just had a sense that my body was doing what it needed to do to purify itself. I am actually really starting to enjoy this practice very much.

yes. kunlun is DA' BOMB!

um. sorry. that just came out. maybe it's all this early-90s hip-hop i've been hearing lately.

i have had similar experiences as you with kunlun, rabbit.

perhaps don't think of the white baboon as symbolic, think of as more of a white baboon.

Max Christensen is a dragon. I've seen him. Dig it.

Rabbit,

In my Daoist system, we have "Spirit Ape observes the moon" this is for Yin training and eyesight. Maybe Apes move around more at night or do gazing, i may look into this actually? Maybe cause they are so Yang there balance is what they do at night time?

Your Baboon could be meaning you might need Yin energy more?

Just a thought!!!

WYG

Just like the lizard eye might symbolize the awakening of the lizard area of the brain, maybe the baboon could symbolize the awakening of the the mammal area?

Sort of puts a new light on the whole Godzilla vs. King Kong obsession of the Japanese back the day, doesn't it?

Godzilla would totally win. I don't think there's anyone in the know who would back King Kong.

Over the TaoBums Rainbow. Trunk, Taomeow, Cat, Rain, Xenolith, Aiwei, Other Cultivators.

O I wonder wndr what ha'ppens

When you stand directly over those

The well, o hell, those points

Bouncing intentional leans

Breathing keen dreams

Guiding gleams of cascaded attitude

Veering sunken seams over latitude

With golden threaded prayers of gratitude

O Me Mi Mo Mum

Meem sealed signs w/ a harmonic hum

Naysayer players with relaxational layers

some chums thumbing numb for some

Come strum up some plum humdrum

Gung it out glum bum, where you from?

Seeking the sought in the found.

What goes up must come down.

A vernacular fancy of ancient renown

Common threads keep us wound.

What bonds bought unwound boundaries

Abounding mounds surrounding be

Who is growling crown me or pound me?

attachments addendum confounds thee

Do Not Disturb This T.

listen

to that ever clever Evil Knievel wheel squeal

A language that speaks between word and steel

Bruise the old Serpents head w/ your Heel.

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

cameron

i'm slightly curious as to what's the diffference between the kunlun zhan zhuang-like position you do and the one i am doing. how exactly do you stand? are you not allowd to tell this? i stand with feet shoulder breadth apart, soles with tip of toe slightly turned inwards, kneees slightly bowed, arms held in front, bow in elbows, hands flat palms down, fingers spread. relaxed, awareness contact with root.

your pedaling seems fun. i am going in spirals from the hips and waist and i sink down and up spiralling in circles. in turns to left and right side. wonder why and what makes this difference?

is it just the heels lifted?

I stopped standing. Kunlun 1 is going to be my appetizer, main meal and cheesecake for awhile.