Cameron

Kunlun Level 1

I have a question here. I am going to buy new Kunlun book and practice it. According to my knowlidge Max got spontaneous movements technique from Jenny Lamb, and I am going to buy her DVD as well. But it costs money of course. It is not a big problem and I just wonder if it worths to buy Jenny's DVD at all and may be Kunlun book is enough for the chikong.

Also I plan to do Kunlun in the mornings and do practice seated 8 brocades meditation before bad as meditation to calm down and sink into the void. :glare: Hope it is not kind going to mess up my practice. Thanks

I have a question here. I am going to buy new Kunlun book and practice it. According to my knowlidge Max got spontaneous movements technique from Jenny Lamb, and I am going to buy her DVD as well. But it costs money of course. It is not a big problem and I just wonder if it worths to buy Jenny's DVD at all and may be Kunlun book is enough for the chikong.

Also I plan to do Kunlun in the mornings and do practice seated 8 brocades meditation before bad as meditation to calm down and sink into the void. :glare: Hope it is not kind going to mess up my practice. Thanks

I have a fondness for Jenny Lamb....so i would say buy her DVD....i am sure it is worth ever penny. I have heard mixed things about Max as a teacher....probably just thetaobums soap opera machine....but then again whom knows, i suggest you get a taste of both teachers and find whom resonates with you the strongest.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

Jenny Lamb's DVD is great but the spontaneous movement part alone is very simple, so if that was your only reason for getting it you can skip it.

But sure it's worth every penny and more, so it's all up to what you are after.

For example it has qigong designed to help you particularly in case you'll not be getting spontaneous movements.

And her instructions I believe also slightly differ from those described by Max (but can't comment about his version in the latest Kunlun book as I didn't read it yet).

8 brocades is completely safe IMHO.

Edited by Leif

Jenny Lamb's DVD is great but the spontaneous movement part alone is very simple, so if that was your only reason for getting it you can skip it.

But sure it's worth every penny and more, so it's all up to what you are after.

For example it has qigong designed to help you particularly in case you'll not be getting spontaneous movements.

And her instructions I believe also slightly differ from those described by Max (but can't comment about his version in the latest Kunlun book as I didn't read it yet).

Thanks, folks. Yes, it is the question actually if Jenny's technique is the same and how clear spont. mov. is described in Max's book. So, may be it is better to buy the book first and then try it and see how it works. I just tought may be it is hard to learn such the thing from a book but you are saying it is very easy to learn.

I don't know how Max is "cool" but I have read loads of good reports on his book and there are no books from Jenny and I have no chance to go for seminars of both of them... Actually I think to go with Alchemy of seated 8 brocades and do Kunlun as a boost but I even heard that Kunlun1 is quite enough for itself. And I am very interestes in method of spont. release motions so that whay I have a mind for that stuff

Edited by Eugene

It's not 100% same but say 95%. Max goes into a bit more detail, but both are sufficient IMHO (in terms of learning the technique, as that alone is pretty simple).

I like Max's book and Jenny Lamb's dvd. You really can't go wrong. The advantage of Jenny Lamb's dvd, imho, are the practices she gives to do before and after the spontaneous movement. There's a short chi gung set to awaken the body before the yi gong/kunlun and some very effective energy smoothing/integrating movements to do afterward. Just doing the spontaneous movement is plenty of course but I find having a warm up practice before and an energy integrating practice afterwards really adds something.

• Like 2

Kunlun and Jenny Lamb's Yi Gong are not the same thing. Yi Gong or spontaneous adjustment yi gong lets the upper body and waist move freely. Both start in the same position but Kunlun stays rigid.

Yi gong is a full system of moves.

Kunlun is half of the sitting practice, plus other things like Red Pheonix which is very advanced and not everyone can tolerate it.

Max made up a story about how Kunlun was created that his teacher denies.

Nevertheless, going to one of Max's workshops is worth it since the energy transmission you get might be necessary to feel the practice. People get better results after practicing with either of them then on their own.

One thing neither teachas part of those parts of their systems is a meditation and breathing. I have not been to Jenny's workshop so maybe she does. I went to Max's and he teaches one breath, but not a full routine i am looking for.

Overall, i say the seated yi gong is a great technique, even if done Max's way.

I'm pretty sure people here told me that Jenny taught Max the spontaneous adjustment, she is his master is she not?

I think it is the same technique except that Jenny talks about the importance of awareness while doing it, which is what most other spiritual traditions emphasise the importance of, while max says you can watch tv while doing it. All max did was add on other things to make it Kunlun.

Kunlun and Jenny Lamb's Yi Gong are not the same thing. Yi Gong or spontaneous adjustment yi gong lets the upper body and waist move freely. Both start in the same position but Kunlun stays rigid. Incorrect

Yi gong is a full system of moves.

Kunlun is half of the sitting practice, not sure where you got that from... plus other things like Red Pheonix which is very advanced and not everyone can tolerate it.

Max made up a story about how Kunlun was created that his teacher denies. of an old and folksy origin

Nevertheless, going to one of Max's workshops is worth it since the energy transmission you get might be necessary to feel the practice. People get better results after practicing with either of them then on their own. transmission being rp and 'kunlun energy' being...

One thing neither teachas part of those parts of their systems is a meditation and breathing. did you pay attention in class? I have not been to Jenny's workshop so maybe she does. I went to Max's and he teaches one breath, but not a full routine i am looking for.

Overall, i say the seated yi gong is a great technique, even if done Max's way.

:)

jetsun...that's party why he fondly refers to her as sister. the premise still remains "if you're not doing this as an awareness exercise..."

I am thinking to get Jenny's DVD anyway. Because Max got it from her and it will be very handy to get all techniques in the way she teaches as I read here she is very light and very noble person and it is important to get it in the way she teaches.

Edited by Eugene

And I wonder if there anything in the Max's book I have to know? What about Pillars of Bliss book?

I am practicing Mike Denny's Celestial Neikuns and I am thinking if I really need thechniques from Max as I read here that first half of year one needs only spontaneous neikung.

And I wonder if there anything in the Max's book I have to know? What about Pillars of Bliss book?

I am practicing Mike Denny's Celestial Neikuns and I am thinking if I really need thechniques from Max as I read here that first half of year one needs only spontaneous neikung.

5e standing from the new book. everything of worth in pillars is covered in the new book. if you have questions about necessary techniques, ask Mike, he is very knowledgeable.

Z...no...

• Like 1

I asked Mike already. He wrote me that everything from him and Kunlun is compatible. But at the same time he wrote that I don't need much techniques and I think he is right. I ahve Mike's book with 5 standing postures and I am doing CN and may be it is already enough for me. And plus HUL meditation is kinda resembles RP as I read. And I dont want to spend much money now for another materials. Only if it is MUST have. Is there anything in the book I really need (if I get Jenny's DVD)?

Both start in the same position but Kunlun stays rigid.

this is accurate?

I've never taken a seminar and even i know that's not true :P

Is there anything in the book I really need (if I get Jenny's DVD)?

Sifu Jenny said "this is all you need", regarding "level 1".

Now...it's all up to you anyway...which of the practices fits what you need, which of the teachers and approaches they take is the match for you

What you might need, before level 1, if you don't get spontaneous movements, is Jenny's additional practices on DVD or the Five elements qigong from Max. Though I figure other practices might work as well - incl. the celestial neigong you do.

Edited by Leif

OK. I will choose the book as it is cheaper :glare: and at the same time it is sufficient info for practice and I can have RP by Skype from Max what Jenny does not do. And I beleive there is something more in the book about Kunlun. And it is same lineage as Mike's. It makes more sense for me. Thanks

I got the Kunlun book last night. I read a few pages. It was very good so far.

I also had a weird dream about Max last night.

It happened in a university campus. I was buying dinner(fish) in the cafeteria. A bold stocky man in tradition Chinese suit showed up and started teaching. I knew it was Max.

I introduced myself after his teaching. We walked down a flight of stairs. I told him that I might have two kundalini awakening episodes. He turned around, clawed my skull with his single hand. It was painful. He told me that my head bone structure was good, whatever that meant.

We kept walking. Max turned into a Chinese guy with full head of hair and told me that he needed a bath. It tuned out he went to a barber shop to get a hair cut.

Some other members also mentioned he dreamed of Max after receiving his book. Could be my dream a result of auto sugguestion?

Anyway, It may be a sign that I should walk with Max for a while.

Thanks, folks. Yes, it is the question actually if Jenny's technique is the same and how clear spont. mov. is described in Max's book. So, may be it is better to buy the book first and then try it and see how it works. I just tought may be it is hard to learn such the thing from a book but you are saying it is very easy to learn.

As far as I can tell the basic method is the same. However, Max gives a few additional adjustments/variations for you to experiment with. Like what he calls the refined kunlun posture with yin/yang hand. Having tried both variations I now prefer the yin/yang hand. It seems to create a stronger flow, and energize my kidneys faster.