Cameron

Kunlun Level 1

Have you been given instructions on how to proceed when you experience this state?

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Have you been given instructions on how to proceed when you experience this state?

Spectrum

I am assume doing more of the closing part. I am also watching breath and that seems to be helping. Mantra mentioned about the trees but haven't tried yet.

Edited by SiliconValley

You mean I've been holding that posture the whole time for nothing :blink: . I think I need to read the book again.

No one seems to be talking about experiences with 'continued' Kunlun practice. Sharing that would be really encouraging to newbies like me.

Trying to understand from books if always hard, like I said I was preferring left hand up in the active, could explain why movements were more active sometimes :) Personally sometimes I think "I am making myself move" when in the active posture. I try to let it go, but if my thoughts still say "fake" I go back to that posture, often with left on top (I will fix that now and go back to the right on top) I just stay still till the shaking feeling in my legs takes me away again.

This morning I went up to 25 active 25 close, did not move that much at all, felt nice :)

Spectrum

I am assume doing more of the closing part.

Yes, the book tell you to "let go" too and not attach to results. The problem with talking about kunlun is that the "letting go" is the important part of the method. IMO Talk about results or experiences moves the focus away from where it should be, none of that is important.

Said the man who has practiced not even everyday for only a month from a book.

I sound like a beginning kung fu student who thinks he knows everything :(

How important is it to practice on top of an animal skin/rubberized mat?

so it's a trial and error thing, but I'm thinking that the most important thing is to avoid direct contact between the skin and the earth during the practice

Kunlun martial arts.

This one is awesome:

Nice.... It's like he's dancing in a river. This is so so so beautiful of a treasure. there is energetic significance because he dropped into suspension... look at how during the rollback deflect punch sequence his head does not move vertically, it is pivoting on the axis of wuji, even horizontal transition his hands and feet orbiting like planets around the sun of his tan tien even as his weight shifts L/R and forward. Absolutely swingin gung fu!

0:00

0:05 wuji power source opening

flatland

:06-:09 wuji yin yang taiji

0:10 Fist Under Elbow Stance

0:11 Golden Cock : One Legged K 1 K Y ?

0:27 seems like a san ti stance, trinity stance, riding the ostrich

0:28 rollback

0:29 deflect

0:30 swinging parry of gung

0:31 palm (flower hides under leaf?)

0:32 apparent withdraw

0:33 single whipped horse stance from earth and heaven my golly golden this man is a chinese gee

0:40 whats he riding this time?

0:42 look how his top palm changes from yin to yang, the transition of the hand wrist forearm

0:44 reaching into some foreward windmills

0:50 yin/yang exchange places into hand under elbow above head wow

0:55-60 did you see that?

1:03 White Crane Spreads Wings

1:08 guided back to center

1:

Starting a New Thread for this.

Edited by Spectrum

I have a question about the Kunlun energy. As far as I have underestood it is a different energy, that it is something else than qi or prana or other energies. Isnt that right? And it has a bluish colour, right? (dont have the book before me to check, but this is what I remember)

Is it the seated position itself that connects us to it, or is it the visualization we do first?

What happens to the kunlun energy and practice if we do a different visualization, or connect to a different energy, maby visualizing a different colour or something like that, before we take the position?

I have a question about the Kunlun energy. As far as I have underestood it is a different energy, that it is something else than qi or prana or other energies. Isnt that right? And it has a bluish colour, right? (dont have the book before me to check, but this is what I remember)

Is it the seated position itself that connects us to it, or is it the visualization we do first?

What happens to the kunlun energy and practice if we do a different visualization, or connect to a different energy, maby visualizing a different colour or something like that, before we take the position?

I've noticed from what Mantra says, that there's a lot of figure-it-out-for-yourself tradition in this practice.

So I'd say just try it and see what you think.

I think the visualization practice is just to get established in happiness as a starting point.

I have a question about the Kunlun energy. As far as I have underestood it is a different energy, that it is something else than qi or prana or other energies. Isnt that right?

I've been wondering this too and how just doing certain postures activates this specfic type of energy that is not supposed to be qi or prana. Since there's transmission involved perhaps it's some sort of lineage energy and doing the form acts as a signal for beings connected with the lineage to work on you? Hence nothing really for the practitioner to do but the postures ... shrug.gif Edited by rex

No one seems to be talking about experiences with 'continued' Kunlun practice. Sharing that would be really encouraging to newbies like me.

Check the welcome forum where Dakini posted about her experience with kunlun ! But i am very curious about more reports from other longtime (well a year or more) kunlun practitioners.

Also i wanted to ask wich is the source of this energy, even after reading all these posts i still dont know. The posture is a trigger, where does the energy come from ?

The site says:

"Further, the magnetic current that one experiences during the practice is not Kundalini, but a more refined form of energy. Basically, one is tapping into the cosmic energy. This energy can sometimes be referred to as ultraviolet-3 radiation, which can only be found in the depths of space."

Is it from a star ? a planet ? the spiritual world (i heard refference to ling) ? a black hole ? a deity ? (the imagining of being a young girl as a help with kunlun reminds me of certain tibetan gtummo practice where you have to imagine being a young female deity with skulls around the neck)

Im really curious from where this energy comes from :) as normally i like to ask before i take energy. I dont know who to ask.

Thanx in advance :)

Edited by minkus

I've been wondering this too and how just doing certain postures activates this specfic type of energy that is not supposed to be qi or prana. Since there's transmission involved perhaps it's some sort of lineage energy and doing the form acts as a signal for beings connected with the lineage to work on you? Hence nothing really for the practitioner to do but the postures

Thanks Rex!! It just clicked for me: "Lineage Energy" is it.

Every lineage allows a certain freeware access to their lineage. Some more so than others. It seems to be the experience of this community that the Kunlun lineage does allow a certain freeware access just by taking the posture, asking for the lineage blessings, reading the book, dreaming of Big Max, etc.

But there is still some dimension of the basic Kunlun transmission package that requires making contact with a teacher in the material dimension. I think it was Gordon who asked Max about exactly this.

I first learned of lineage energy in the context of chikung when learning of Winn's Primordial Chikung... the power of the simple movements defy explanation along the lines of strict chi theory. As Winn said, the practice taps you into the lineage blessings, energy, and meritorious karma. In the case of Primordial, no teacher contact is necessary.

Mantras are another good example... anyone can do the Mani mantra and pick up on the lineage blessings but getting an in person empowerment opens the hatch much wider for a greater flow of blessings. And as one becomes more open, the flow becomes more powerful.

Also i wanted to ask wich is the source of this energy, even after reading all these posts i still dont know. The posture is a trigger, where does the energy come from ?

The site says:

"Further, the magnetic current that one experiences during the practice is not Kundalini, but a more refined form of energy. Basically, one is tapping into the cosmic energy. This energy can sometimes be referred to as ultraviolet-3 radiation, which can only be found in the depths of space."

Is it from a star ? a planet ? the spiritual world (i heard refference to ling) ? a black hole ? a deity ? (the imagining of being a young girl as a help with kunlun reminds me of certain tibetan gtummo practice where you have to imagine being a young female deity with skulls around the neck)

Im really curious from where this energy comes from :) as normally i like to ask before i take energy. I dont know who to ask.

Thanx in advance :)

It almost sounds like 'cosmic energy' is the vacuum-energy of the cosmos. For instance, if you take all mass and as many fields as possible from a given area, there will still be energy in that area, no matter how contained it is or how empty you manage to make it. There is no zero energy; there is an energetic equilibrium where the case is that in order to get a lower energy, energy must be put into the system - albeit a 'negative' energy. That's why Yin springs forth from Yang and vice versa, the reason things like the Unruh Effect exist.

Having read a lot of astrophysics, string theory, general relativity stuff, they fit together. Only the way its put forth on Max's site is a little...seemingly inconsistent at places. I dug around and couldnt find any references to ultraviolet-3 radiation other than as referenced to a ~355nm region of the UV spectrum that seems to do stuff like help Coral photosynthesize and help skin generate vitamin D. I havent found any link between Hawking Radiation and this wavelength, because it seems that since black holes are varying in size as is the curvature at the event horizon where the radiation is produced, different wavelengths would be generated according to the local curvature.

IMHO, explanations like those are almost unnecessary. You can access vacuum energy at any point in the universe, and although black holes bend it and toss it about furiously, you dont need them whatsoever to make the cosmic energy connection. Although this wavelength may be a resonant harmonic of the spiritual valley, I would assume that not everyone's hemispheres have the same distance between them, hence different resonant modes.

I've been wondering this too and how just doing certain postures activates this specfic type of energy that is not supposed to be qi or prana. Since there's transmission involved perhaps it's some sort of lineage energy and doing the form acts as a signal for beings connected with the lineage to work on you? Hence nothing really for the practitioner to do but the postures ... shrug.gif

I was talking to a friend lately who is into Felicitas Goodman's work (ancient trance positions) and she could very much relate to the things and experiences about kunlun that I was talking about... I thought that's really interesting because they apply a very different framework about how and why these things work...

inbetween I had the idea of kunlun1 a kind of 'whole body sigil' that just connects you into ... what?

and the outcome is not so much explainable through normal qigong tcm, alchemy terminolgy but more a

reverberation in your qifield and body because of your soul moving ... whatever.

inbetween I had the idea of kunlun1 a kind of 'whole body sigil' that just connects you into ... what?

and the outcome is not so much explainable through normal qigong tcm, alchemy terminolgy but more a

reverberation in your qifield and body because of your soul moving ... whatever.

Interesting thought.

Lam Kam Chuen says that standing postures curve the body to tune into particular frequencies like a satellite dish does.

I was talking to a friend lately who is into Felicitas Goodman's work (ancient trance positions) and she could very much relate to the things and experiences about kunlun that I was talking about... I thought that's really interesting because they apply a very different framework about how and why these things work...

posture2.gif:blink: That's basically an "yi zhang" (sp?) standing grounding posture.

Interestingly the leg trembling has slowed down / not happening as often, since Sunday. I never really felt "heaps" or bliss or movements especially since after my first few attempts I went down to 10 min active and built up from there.

Changes in the last week?

1. Daily meditation and in the morning now and in different places, depends on when I wake up as I need to pick a place out of the sun. So angle of upper legs, foot position is changing.

2. Active practice has increased to 40min, just seemed like the thing to do. Closing is still 25 min.

3. 100 day restart :)

Perhaps a transmission is needed to push things along. Unexpected, yes. A problem? don't know.

The closing down is feeling especially peacefully. The quality of Bliss is less, shall we say orgasmic, that it was when I started. It's more like the happiness you feel when a student finally "gets" a technique you have been trying to teach them.

It's all good.

Thanks Rex!! It just clicked for me: "Lineage Energy" is it. .. I first learned of lineage energy in the context of chikung when learning of Winn's Primordial Chikung... the power of the simple movements defy explanation along the lines of strict chi theory.
:) I remember you put me on to Primordial Chi Kung. I wonder if direction is also an important factor ...

... Felicitas Goodman's work ... they apply a very different framework about how and why these things work... inbetween I had the idea of kunlun1 a kind of 'whole body sigil' that just connects you into ... what?

Felicitas Goodmans's looks well worth checking out. :)

The power of the simple movements that defy explanation along the lines of strict chi theory ... whole body sigils whose outcomes are not explainable through the standard qigong modes etc.? All this certainly challenges my assumptions (in a good way).

If I recall correctly, I read on the verdesi foundation training board that his masters said there are 6 'types' of 'qi', magnetic amongst them...

If I recall correctly, I read on the verdesi foundation training board that his masters said there are 6 'types' of 'qi', magnetic amongst them...

What are the other 5 types of qi?

fooked if I know 'em all :D the post didnt really say, although conventional definitions of qi are amongst the remainders.

What are the other 5 types of qi?

This can give you an idea:

http://www.artoftao.net/chi.htm

They have taken this explenation from a website called internalhealers as stated on the same page, pittyfully this website isnt online anymore.

Regards

EDIT: i found the archived pages, i yust linked allready .. checking em myself after theabreak :Phttp://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.internalhealers.com

more specific although the rest of the archive is certainly worth checking out: http://web.archive.org/web/20040804190946/...tal_qi_form.asp

Edited by minkus