Cameron

Kunlun Level 1

If its only bliss and you still kick the dog and worry about the Worrisome then its not worth it. Its a distraction. Same thing about making a T-shirt smoke by pointing at it. Healing oneself and others is imperative, replicating a 99 cent lighter is low level optional to me.

True. But, then again, I'll take what I can get. :lol:

So I got my book. Question for Mantra68, are the eyes open or closed in the level one position and the sitting meditation afterwards?

Thanks!

Either way is fine.

If you keep them open, they should be two-thirds open and looking down at a 45 degree angle. Relaxed.

I like to keep them closed or wide open when I use the Mindfold mask I got from Alex Grey: http://alexgrey.com/shop.html

Very cool for really going deep.

Cheers!

Chris

If its only bliss and you still kick the dog and worry about the Worrisome then its not worth it. Its a distraction. Same thing about making a T-shirt smoke by pointing at it. Healing oneself and others is imperative, replicating a 99 cent lighter is low level optional to me.

Well Michael. I pretty much assume that whatever path you choose, whichever method your practice... at the end of the day it is pretty much up to you what you do with the things achieved :)

Harry

Either way is fine.

If you keep them open, they should be two-thirds open and looking down at a 45 degree angle. Relaxed.

I like to keep them closed or wide open when I use the Mindfold mask I got from Alex Grey: http://alexgrey.com/shop.html

Very cool for really going deep.

Cheers!

Chris

I read in Austin's Zen and the Brain that keeping the eyes open helps keep an attentive awareness that carries over more readily to daily life, although it is harder to begin with. (Fascinating tome, btw. Still havent finished it...700+ pages...) I use earplugs regularly too, but not all the time. It really helps you feel your breath and make it more calm/soft/slender to the point where you dont hear it anymore... =no turbulence in your air passageways. The only thing I might not like about that mask is just having something on your head....how's the 'footprint'?

Edited by joeblast

The only thing I might not like about that mask is just having something on your head....how's the 'footprint'?

Not bad. After a while you get used to it. Any awareness of wearing something like this actually seems to keep me somewhat present in my normal state of mind which gives me a kind of neutral "complete" awareness of my internal and external experience.

I dig it. Someone else might not.

I just might like it...I'm a fan of gadgets and stuff in general, although I do also appreciate things as they are, au naturale. I was mostly worried about pressure on the side of the head, I'm usually sensitive to sunglasses or hats that are too tight. For $16, what the heck :) I just paid that for teh book!

My girlfriend rules, I was telling her about the mindfold - lo and behold, one shows up on my doorstep a week later! I dig it, it is non-intrusive enough to wear for meditation...and oddly enough, far less intrusive than those sleep masks they have at bed bath & beyond :) Thanks for the suggestion, Chris!

Quick question on Kunlun 1: is the animal skin rug a necessity if you're practicing inside? I can understand about outside. Usually I do my meditation sitting on a round leather-type material pillow, on my couch (the pillow allows me to sit up straight and not use the back.) Its a decent height (w/ cushion) to have my feet on the floor, though I'm pretty comfortable cross legged.

Edited by joeblast

Quick question on Kunlun 1: is the animal skin rug a necessity if you're practicing inside? I can understand about outside. Usually I do my meditation sitting on a round leather-type material pillow, on my couch (the pillow allows me to sit up straight and not use the back.) Its a decent height (w/ cushion) to have my feet on the floor, though I'm pretty comfortable cross legged.
Yea, I was wondering about that. Can it basically just be any "electrical" insulator?

Like, if your floor is carpeted, would that suffice?

Because, I remember something about "John Chang" levitating in a hotel room but saying he could only get like 2' off the ground because the synthetic carpet was sort of "insulating" him from the Yin Earth.

I've read something to that effect in quantum physics. A photon can either time travel or anticipate a physicist's desires thousands of years before the birth of the physicist.

Just noticed this...but that sounds like its taking anthropic principle a liiiiittle far :)

animal skin rug? masks? is leg shaking and swelling into the hands suppose to be something special? A mark of achievement?

I'm not sure I understand what is special about this practice... or is that just it... it's "special"...

Keeping an open mind though...

Spectrum

If your not interested no problem please refrain from ridiculously low level comments such as "whats so special about it..just boucing!".

It shows rather unrefined manners towards a Master..one of the first real ones..who has decided to teach openly.

sincerely,

Cameron

I'd love to get by on two hours of sleep as seems to be happening with Love Bunny from the Kunlun practice. I would have to buy a Wii, though.

Anyone else doing Kunlun experiencing that?

I've been dabbling with the Kunlun practice... maybe 10 minutes here and there, but if it could free up extra time, I'd definitely put more into it.

Yoda

Yeah..Witch is being critical saying only getting 2 hrs sleep a night isn't balanced and stuff but Max says in the book Kunlun increases the body energy 10x what the normal person energy is. So...less sleep sort of makes sense.

Of course if Mantra would like to comment as we are all just so ridiculously clueless about all this.

Love Snake Ginny Pig Bunny

Edited by Cameron

4-6 hours for me, but I was already on this schedule before the workshop. I like dreaming and it's the best way to internalize the energies built during daily practice.

Power Sleeping is possible. You're suggesting to yourself to drop to the Theta state immediately. You can get an amazing amount of rejuvanation rest by not dreaming.

Spectrum

Cameron,

There is nothing special about practice. You're learning what you already know.

Spectrum

I'd love to get by on two hours of sleep as seems to be happening with Love Bunny from the Kunlun practice. I would have to buy a Wii, though.

Anyone else doing Kunlun experiencing that?

I've been dabbling with the Kunlun practice... maybe 10 minutes here and there, but if it could free up extra time, I'd definitely put more into it.

Yoda

I'm actually only working with the book right now and give it a try. If there is a workshop somewhere in Europe I'm going to participate. I feel less tired during the day and much more grounded in general. The energy feels much more subtle to me than in most other systems I have practiced before - probably something different after the transmission!?.

Power Sleeping is possible. You're suggesting to yourself to drop to the Theta state immediately. You can get an amazing amount of rejuvanation rest by not dreaming.

Spectrum

Cameron,

There is nothing special about practice. You're learning what you already know.

Spectrum

Yes your right but I don't appreciate you saying "just bouncing".

You can run but you can't hide man.

We will be playing dodgeball at some point then we will see who is "just bouncing!?".

Cobras!

Cameron,

I'm not sure I know where you're coming from. I didn't mention bouncing in this thread that I can find?

Something I said musta bugged you? Cobras and dodgeball?

Bounce away. Just being myself.

-Still Just Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

So I did 15 minutes of Kunlun while doing my silent mantras earlier today and then later on I had an unusual flash of temper towards my daughter. It reminded me of my yiquan practice... the heightened energy isn't the greatest around kids at least in my case.

If Kunlun can be done before bed, then perhaps there wouldn't be any spillover, or maybe I'll just get used to it, or maybe I shouldn't mix it with the mantras.

Cameron,

I'm not sure I know where you're coming from. I didn't mention bouncing in this thread that I can find?

Something I said musta bugged you? Cobras and dodgeball?

Bounce away. Just being myself.

-Still Just Spectrum

Ha!

Well..maybe this little "clip" will help clear things up for you.

Bouncy Bear

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dQBhqrabSw0

Ha!

Well..maybe this little "clip" will help clear things up for you.

Bouncy Bear

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dQBhqrabSw0

Maybeing I'm missing the allegorical suggestion?

So I did 15 minutes of Kunlun while doing my silent mantras earlier today and then later on I had an unusual flash of temper towards my daughter. It reminded me of my yiquan practice... the heightened energy isn't the greatest around kids at least in my case.

If Kunlun can be done before bed, then perhaps there wouldn't be any spillover, or maybe I'll just get used to it, or maybe I shouldn't mix it with the mantras.

I can't do standing meditation before bed because of that. If I havn't practiced for a couple days I can get away with it, but when I'm tuned up it's a no-go.

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Ok..maybe I should just drop the joking here..well..atleast until a couple more bums are on 'the level'.

Love Camel

all cameron is saying is that in the end we will see who's practice is fooling around or who's practice is the real deal.