Cameron

Lama Dorje

Cat, I already described earlier in this topic the experiences that I had and also what I saw going on at the seminar in August. I really like what I learned and look forward to the meditation each evening and plan to repeat the level 1 seminar in two weeks. Max also taught us a couple of other things at the seminar including the standing Mao Shon five elements which I have been practicing each morning when I wake up. Craig

Edited by portcraig

Once I posted something on the Empty Flower forum supporting Sifu John Chang (the Magus of Java) and all they did there was shout me down and call me names. I have quit posting on the Empty Flower forum because of that. They don't seem very open to learning anything esoteric or different. Craig

Once I posted something on the Empty Flower forum supporting Sifu John Chang (the Magus of Java) and all they did there was shout me down and call me names. I have quit posting on the Empty Flower forum because of that. They don't seem very open to learning anything esoteric or different. Craig

Hey Craig, they're certainly a lively pull-no-punchs lot with a strong jovial yang energy. They'd have a field day with me and half of my beliefs ... Anyway scattered throughout the 'discussion' are some good posts and interesting counters from a student of Max called Chaos (who may even be Chris on this forum). Edited by rex

Several of the people on the Empty Flower Forum act like they know everything. I did receive a few personal messages from people who supported what I had to say and apologized for the others who didn't act very nice. Craig

Edited by portcraig

Well, I post a lot on EF and what do you expect? Martial Artists are "show me" types. I've already mentioned I don't believe this stuff but try to moderate my behavior here. As a friend once said, "Get a bunch of MAists in the same room and a fight breaks out? Q'uelle surprise!

Yes I guess you are right. Most of the people there are probably okay. It is just a few who are really rude and loud and want to jump on someone who is presenting a view that they don't understand or agree with. When I posted about my experience about meeting Sifu John Chang's students and meeting Sifu Luo who is Master with similar abilities in Thailand I thought that they might be interested but they really jumped on me. I guess it is just not the appropriate place to post something esoteric and nonconventional.

Empty Flower forum isn't open to these things. But can you blame them? I haven't seen anything like what Lama Dorje is said to do either but I hold the possibility it is true.

It's a big universe. How people can think they know all there is to know and nothing is possible outside of there own experience is amazing. But I think it is to be expected.

So your mixing the David Shen stuff with Lama Dorje stuff Craig?

No. I am just practicing what I learned from Max right now.

Hi Portcraig,

Why did you stop David Shen's foundation training if you don't mind me asking. If you would rather not answer that's okay. I also noticed Sean D on the forum and he said he was going to see Max as well.

I occasionally post on EF and I'm new to this forum. I generally try to be very respectful in all of my posts, no matter what forum. I agree that there are some aggressive types over there on EF. Sometimes it's unjustified and I've been rubbed the wrong way more than once. People here seem to be more open-minded but that doesn't mean that we like having our intelligence insulted. I don't believe that Lama Dorje is legitimate. His claims are too far-fetched. He's not old enough to have studied and "mastered" a fraction of the arts he claims. His claims, when read carefully, are full of inconsistencies and contradictions. Perhaps he has some skill and knowledge but his presentation online is all about sensationalism - no true student of the way would present themselves in this way. This is not altruism, it's more akin to megalomania and exploitation. To those of us who practice cultivation, it's comical. Claims like - one hour of training with him is equivalent to 100 years of practice in other systems. I believe that he is probably a good hypnotist and exploiter of charisma, perhaps he even has some degree of skill and knowledge.

The Lama Thunderbolt film trailer is exactly like many other self-proclaimed qi masters out there. One kiai master in Japan recently put out an open challenge and was beaten senseless by his challenger - you can see the sad result here, if you're interested...

Intersting how similar his kiai fighting is to the lama's supernatural powers in his movie. Here's another guy that can injure his students without touching them, but couldn't do anything to the news reporter covering the story...

Through my study of Dao meditation (Kun Lun Xian Zong sect), Taijiquan, and Xingyiquan (as well as some Japanese arts) over the past 35 years, I feel that I have at least a rudimentary understanding of human potential and energetic potential (I'm also a surgeon so I understand anatomy and physiology a bit). I'm sorry if I sound arrogant but I simply want to make a point. I don't believe anyone's claims of supernatural ability unless I experience it first hand - nothing so far although I have met some very talented people...

Cultivation and enlightenment are experiential and not things that can be easily demonstrated or communicated to others. Nearly every "demonstration" of qi power I've seen in books, magazines, film clips, and live demos are parlor tricks. True qi power can certainly be felt and experienced (I vividly remember each time a high level internal practitioner has let me feel their fajin), but not that easily seen from a spectator's perspective. I believe that Lama Dorje's "magical powers" on the Lama Thunderbolt film are a combination of hypnosis, voluntary cooperation, and perhaps some other type of trickery. I'd be happy to be proven wrong but doubt that'll ever happen. I would gladly give him an opportunity to blast me with his qi, thunder, or whatever he wants to call it, I have no fear that I'd be in any jeopardy. I'm very open-minded but also realistic. My shiye is extremely advanced in meditation and internal (and external) martial training and was similarly unimpressed by the "Lama Thunderbolt."

When someone puts themselves out there in this fashion, how can you expect anything less than the kind of reception he got at EF...? I feel that it's a bad reflection on us as martial artists and seekers of truth through Daoist and Buddhist cultivation to enable, facilitate, or encourage such exploitation and foolishness. Self cultivation and internal martial training are beautiful and valuable practices. Parlor tricks like in "Lama Thunderbolt" lead to us being lumped in with charlatans, tele-evangilists, and snake-oil salesmen. Perhaps that's no a big deal - in the long run it really makes no difference, but it does turn a lot of people off who might otherwise benefit from praciticing meditaiton, taijiquan, and other valuable forms of cultivation... People like Lama Dorje compromise the credibility of those of us looking for real truths in internal cultivation, not shortcuts and sensationalism...

Sorry for the rant but sometimes you've got to call bullshit when it's poured all over your PC monitor...

:rolleyes:

How can you totally discredit the man and call him a fraud without even meeting him?

It's the same old if it doesn't measure up to my experience in life it must be BS approach.

Maybe it is BS..maybe it is TRUE.

Either way..I am giving it a chance.

When I first saw the video I was skeptical but I was willing to at least go to the free lecture and give him a chance. I am glad I did because I enjoyed the lecture and liked what he had to teach at the seminar and it seems to be working for me. Judging from the experiences that other people were having at the seminar it seemed to be also working for them. If it really upsets you that much you don't have to go. There are plenty of paths out there so people can chose the one that is right for them.

I'm going too. Haven't even seen this video everyone's talking about as I haven't got it to work on my computer. But my intuition is that this will be a good thing for me to do, so I'm going. If it turns out not to :blink: be good, I will have wasted a few hundred bucks. Oh well. At least I will know for myself from my own experience. This much is clear: Lama Dorje is clearly onto something powerful as everybody seems to have strong opinions pro and con. Can't remember the last time people made such a fuss about me!

Mantra, If you could please answer these questions from my previous post:

Second, it is written that it is dangerous to mix practices due to possible "third harmonics" being created by Kunlun and other Qi Gong. However, you mentioned this is not a problem and only a few practices like kundalini yoga wont mix. Please clarify.

Also, There seems to be a lot of heat created with this practice, so much as indicated in the book, that students can melt snow in winter and dry towels on their naked backs when it is cold as hell outside. Is this accurate?

Which brings me to my final question: Mentioned in the end of the book is a little about burning palm treatment and the nine levels of intensity. It is written "most blacking out at the level three intensity"

Is this correct? Have you experienced this?

As for Max, while I think some of his claims and credentials are dubious, if I lived nearby and had the money, I`d go check it out. At least for the free talk.

And BTW, his claim of 100 years in hour is not so "special", maybe it sounds a bit weird when put that way though. But for example, in Vajrayana it`s said one will reach enlightenment in 16 lifetimes at the most, while the sutra systems take eons.

I think you are right.

Great hobby, btw. A man with no hobbies is a man who sleeps alone in his honkers. ( Old Chinese Saying I read on the internet.)

:blink:

1. honkers

big boobs

I got big honkers. They always bounce when I walk even if I am wearing a bra.

2. honkers

Large, shapely breasts.

"She has a nice pair of honkers."