Cameron

Lama Dorje

"Honkers mean all things to all men."

old American Indian saying I read on the internet.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I don't know, Cam.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

Well..I am looking forward to it big time but just in case it doesn't live up to the hype Ime doing a 3 day workshop with Wudang Taoist Master Tseng about 6 weeks later.

Will just have an open mind about it for now and report back my experience.

:blink:

1. honkers

big boobs

I got big honkers. They always bounce when I walk even if I am wearing a bra.

2. honkers

Large, shapely breasts.

"She has a nice pair of honkers."

Here I always thought honkers meant Canada Geese! :lol:

A man with no hobbies is a man who sleeps alone in his honkers.

That puts a new spin on this phrase. :lol:

Anyway, if you base your opinions on what you read from the internet, you will always be right.
Max, my opinions of Max's claims to be a lama are based from what he says about himself filtered through 11 years of being inside a tradition he claims he's qualified to teach. If you hang around a tradition long enough you get to know how lamas present themselves and Max's presentation style rings alarm bells. There are claims that he is not only a lama, but a re-incarnate lama, not just a re-incarnate lama, but a high lama no less, but there is no information forthcoming about who recognised him and who he's supposed to be the incarnation of. Would a high lama who has presumably re-incarnated many times to teach the dharma go through a 'Tibetan phase' (one of many different phases) and then teach something totally different? This would make a total mockery of the vows and comittments he would have taken to the tradition.

That's why you go to real Lamas with real certificates who went to real Tibetan monasteries, and not the guy in the alley who keeps his supplies tied to his donkey.
Absolutely! But they don't need certificates, just the blessing of the authorised lineage holders. :) It's essential to only go to those teachers who claim to teach a tradition who have the verifiable backing of that tradition. If he's not a real lama that automatically brings into question his claims in other areas. Do you believe he's a real lama in the conventional verifiable sense and not the 'only those with eyes to see' sense? Edited by rex

Here I always thought honkers meant Canada Geese! :lol:

That puts a new spin on this phrase. :lol:

:D

Okay I confess. In UK slang, if something 'honks' then, it really really, really, needs a wash... :rolleyes:

Rex, you are right, yet where would it get us if we wanted to study the methods he teaches without kissing someone's ass for 20 years? Sifu Max explains in his videos why he is going against the traditional way of secrecy and the ways it's supposed to be taught. If you ask him directly, he would probably give you the answer how it is. I believe he is a real lama, but does it matter to me if he is? Of course not. I don't really care about the titles, the costumes, the stories... All of it you can fake. You can't fake the energy that comes with all that.

It is all a matter of trust. Portcraig and Mantra68 shared with us their experiences. If you think what they say is unbiased enough, then maybe it is worth to actually verify for yourself if in fact Sifu Max walks his talk.

M.

If the experiences of Cam and the other bums are quite positive perhaps we could arrange an East Coast seminar. I am in atlantic Canada but would consider travelling to Boston or possibly NY if Dorje is the real deal. Would anyone else be interested? Mantra how many would you require.

How can you totally discredit the man and call him a fraud without even meeting him?

It's the same old if it doesn't measure up to my experience in life it must be BS approach.

Easy, after watching the movie trailer. In fact, it does measure up to my experience in life. There are many people demonstrating their "powers" or God's "powers" by showing their students or patients or congregants shaking in a film clip, dojo, or church. Everyone from kiai masters to faith healers to tele-evangelists. They all look exactly the same and use similar methods. It's quite common, predictable, and unimpressive. There is a kernel of truth in all of their practices that is soiled by the sideshow. Max's methods for cultivation may be productive but I'm disappointed by the packaging.

xuesheng (a student of what?)

Pretty much anything that catches and holds my attention for a while... Taijiquan and Dao meditation more than anything else

Would anyone else be interested? Mantra how many would you require.

I'd consider attending an East Coast seminar. I believe they require 20-30 participants

Verification aways comes down to do the walk, yourself.

I believe your original concern was about his qualifications and how to verify them.

Aiai, this is really tricky. Hopefully Max is really adult and will ensure that you will be in a system with mature tutors who know how to guide you further through your dealings with the coming down and unleashing of deamons.

As I said before, how much do you know about Max? Your personal views on this are well taken as well as mine. But those are just limited speculations.

As for his video clip, who said it was a demonstration? (with an exception of the last part). Kunlun practice makes your body to do all sort of stuff and if he comes to you at that moment and start moving his own energy through you, wild things will happen. It is called empowerment while you are in the most receptive state. Nothing to do with impressing the "outsiders".

I know at least 5 people who would be interested attending a workshop in NYC.

It's all good. Everyone has there opinions and deep feelings about this stuff.

What I would say..and then I won't post in this thread again until after the workshop. Is those of you who think it is bs might for a moment feel the possibilty that your knowledge can be as much a limitation as a help to you. I am not saying you are wrong. Just that maybe there does come a time when your accumulated knowledge should be let go of to leave room for something bigger than you had imagined before.

I am not saying this is definetly the case here. I just don't know yet. But even the possibilty would cause me to hesitate before making comments that are so,so certain one way or another.

Edited by Cameron

Mantra, If you could please answer these questions from my previous post:

Second, it is written that it is dangerous to mix practices due to possible "third harmonics" being created by Kunlun and other Qi Gong. However, you mentioned this is not a problem and only a few practices like kundalini yoga wont mix. Please clarify.

Also, There seems to be a lot of heat created with this practice, so much as indicated in the book, that students can melt snow in winter and dry towels on their naked backs when it is cold as hell outside. Is this accurate?

Which brings me to my final question: Mentioned in the end of the book is a little about burning palm treatment and the nine levels of intensity. It is written "most blacking out at the level three intensity"

Is this correct? Have you experienced this?

Best not to mix other practices that move energy.

Yes, heat can be one side effect. Tummo.

Yes. I took level 3 on the chest at a rapid rate and it drilled down into what seemed to be a depth greater than my own body and purged a deep level of grief that I did not know I carried.

I believe your original concern was about his qualifications and how to verify them.

As I said before, how much do you know about Max? Your personal views on this are well taken as well as mine. But those are just limited speculations.

As for his video clip, who said it was a demonstration? (with an exception of the last part). Kunlun practice makes your body to do all sort of stuff and if he comes to you at that moment and start moving his own energy through you, wild things will happen. It is called empowerment while you are in the most receptive state. Nothing to do with impressing the "outsiders".

We are working on something for New York. I'll keep you posted.

you dont seem to understand what I am saying. I know this is real. I am tired of listening to all this sex and orgasm and chi talk. I dont need to know anything about Max in advance. Either he communicates or ther is no relation, wouldnt yoy say? I will get to know what I need while I walk.

The magnetic force is Great. I am working on realizing the best I can just as all of you. I dont think anything about your opinions. I just know that after going up there is a coming down, and what is very very very important in the matters is that there is still space and room for compassion and forgiveness because it is more than "the secret" and attracting whatever you think you want. I for one know that I am in no position to align with the intelligens of The Way so I have to move on with babysteps and whenever I dont, ..well..another bark right in the face (mirror mirror on the wall)

BARKBARK smile

as for what I read here it seems like many will go

I bought the book and would have gone if it wasnt for the cost of the flight

(I still have to drag my body around god bless)

Edited by rain

I occasionally post on EF and I'm new to this forum. I generally try to be very respectful in all of my posts, no matter what forum. I agree that there are some aggressive types over there on EF. Sometimes it's unjustified and I've been rubbed the wrong way more than once. People here seem to be more open-minded but that doesn't mean that we like having our intelligence insulted. I don't believe that Lama Dorje is legitimate. His claims are too far-fetched. He's not old enough to have studied and "mastered" a fraction of the arts he claims.

When you get to a certain level of mastery it becomes quite simple to recognize the key elements in other systems and thus understand the system. When you have a strong past incarnation with Taoism, Mongolian Shamanism, Tibetan Buddhism, the Egyptian Priesthood, and Native American Medicine like Max, it is easier to just recall the information. I say this not to insult your intelligence, it is just the truth.

At the mystical level, all spiritual systems are the same: Tao. At the fundamental level, people are beating the shit out of each other over stupid f*cking details while completely failing to achieve anything. That is the problem with our world.

His claims, when read carefully, are full of inconsistencies and contradictions. Perhaps he has some skill and knowledge but his presentation online is all about sensationalism - no true student of the way would present themselves in this way. This is not altruism, it's more akin to megalomania and exploitation. To those of us who practice cultivation, it's comical. Claims like - one hour of training with him is equivalent to 100 years of practice in other systems. I believe that he is probably a good hypnotist and exploiter of charisma, perhaps he even has some degree of skill and knowledge.

The Lama Thunderbolt film trailer is exactly like many other self-proclaimed qi masters out there.

While the trailer seems far-fetched, the truth of what he can really do is beyond far-fetched. What you see in the trailer is nothing. I honestly expected more people to have experienced this stuff first hand. But no.

Max was right when he says there are a shortage of masters in the world. More and more are dying out WITH this type of information. It seems that none of the martial artists that have chimed in have any experience beyond fighting techniques.

The trailer was as dynamic as it was, to get people's attention. It was intended for the masses. I think it worked, but he has learned a lot from the response and some of it does not sit well with him.

There will be much clarification in the future. The movie itself will have very little to do with the "whiz-bang" drama of trailer. The focus will be more on the practice of Kunlun and what it takes to venture on the path.

At least, now more people are inclined to watch the film and learn about how easy it is to awaken to their own amazing true nature.

Also, the difference between Max and the YouTube guy is that Max is an excellent martial arts technician. He knows when to apply the subtle energies and when to simply smack the hell out of you.

You are right when you say that people (to a degree) have to allow this type of energy to be used on them. If you are not open to it there will be little effect. Your energy channels must be open. This is why people say that these things only work on a qi master's students. But the truth is that this type of energy works on anyone who is open. Women are especially responsive. Men are generally closed. This is Yin-type energy.

Stories of flying and chi-balls and sorcery are based on facts. Back in the day, this kind of energy was common. Many more people were open and it's from this time that the legendary battles took place.

Best not to mix other practices that move energy.

My other practices are not energetically oriented, so it sounds like I can mix it in... thanks!

Their teaching is not secret because it is kept hidden, but because you need capacity to utilize them. Now I don't now too much about this in taoism, but I imagine, it is the same. Yeah, you can be extremely powerful, like my lama, who conducts powa (consciousness transfer at the time of death) for 500 people int 4 days, while back in tibet, it took weeks with 5-10 people. But still you need to be able to work with the teachings, he can not do it for you.

Max merely gives you the tools to be better able to do the work yourself. He teaches Kunlun because it is something everyone can experience.

what is the follow up like to these transmissions? being blasted with energy is all very well, if a person has enough training to contain and deal with it, but it can destabilise the small self and be rough to contain in everyday life.

Once you learn this practice, you do have to deal with what comes next for you. There is no question you will start to change. The practice will continue to work to clear you, but some changes might be difficult for people. This is the great challenge on the path and the reason why so many give up.

Edited by Mantra68

you dont seem to understand what I am saying. I know this is real....

...I bought the book and would have gone if it wasnt for the cost of the flight

(I still have to drag my body around god bless)

Ok, I got it. Too bad you are not coming. "Aiai" expression is chinese, isn't it? My mandaring classes are slowly killing my will to live.

Good thread.

So who all is definetly going to be there?

So far it's Smile, portcraig, Cameron...is anyone else going to be there?

Yoda is threatening to come...have you made your mind up?

I will be driving so if people want to hang out after the workshop saturday. Sunday I am doing the private sesshin with Max so will probably lay low.

Is everyone who is going planning on going to the free lecture on friday night?

Edited by Cameron

Kunzag:

"Their teaching is not secret because it is kept hidden, but because you need capacity to utilize them".

Good point. Many secrets can lie right under our noses, of form and formless, within, without. We just need to be able to percieve them. Practices which awaken and develop this capacity are useful.

Thanks Kunzag

Edited by mat black