Cameron

Lama Dorje

For me, I can distinguish between the teacher and the teachings. this is what the thread running at the moment about corrupt guru's is about. that being enlightened is no solution to personality issues or a guarantee of spiritual goodness.

I disagree completely. If one were truly enlightened (totally realized) there would be no personality issues, no problems for them at all. For a totally enlightened person good and bad are "irrelevant" I think. Everything they do will benefit sentient beings, even if they do something "bad" from our point of view. Of course then the question comes how do you know if one is enlightened or just a fraud...

I disagree completely. If one were truly enlightened (totally realized) there would be no personality issues, no problems for them at all. For a totally enlightened person good and bad are "irrelevant" I think. Everything they do will benefit sentient beings, even if they do something "bad" from our point of view. Of course then the question comes how do you know if one is enlightened or just a fraud...

hi Pero. yes. we dont disagree, actually. I think there are many many degrees of enlightenment.

Pietro, very good points, well put.

I don't think Tibetan validation is necessary for the dude especially now that we have the Taobum report back in the file.

The reports were very vague. I was wondering if some one was going to give more details.

hi Pero. yes. we dont disagree, actually. I think there are many many degrees of enlightenment.

Oh. :)

My view..I told Max this whole focus on who was authorized or not authorized to teach is like a starving man being given food. Instead of eating he wants to know if the food was prepared by a master chef or just anobody chef..how was the food prepared? Under what conditioning and rules was the food made? Did the chef invent the recipe or was it given to him or from a cookbook?

No, it`s more like if the chef is giving you poisoned food or not.

Edited by Pero

I've gotta agree with cameron on that one...

The fear thing is valid. Lets face facts. We live in a world where people hurt eachother. Like Craig said, you take a bit of chance and see what happens. Or don't!

No need to get upset. I`m glad you found something special for you that you like. And actually I`m curious about this practice myself, and when I`ll be able to afford it I will get the book. Heck, if he were in my neighborhood I`d go check him out. I just wouldn`t go to him to receive teachings on Vajrayana or something.

All the best to you too. :)

... is like a starving man

Hello Cameron, sorry to hear that you were feeling starving for spiritual teachings, so much that you had to accept food of unknown origin. I have a hard time understanding your feeling since I feel we are living in an age of great abundance, but you have my full simpathy, and I hope that in time you will feel less hungry, and more able to apply discernment to your actions. ;)

*true story*

Two women make a hike and thirsty arrived to a stream. One goes on her knees to drink immediately. The other goes to a shepherd asking if the water in the stream is drinkable. "You are not really thirsty" answered the shepherd. :lol:

do you think you could have gotten spontanious bliss without his transmission?

I was also at the seminar.

While I think that Lama Max certainly has unusual development, and that can be amazing and inspiring, the real take-home-practical gem of the presentation was the method, imo. It is so simple that you could learn it in 30 seconds. It's effective enough, I think, that most people get results quickly - whether or not they get transmission. While super-simple, it does a lot of the right stuff: mixes vitality and heart, engages the arms and legs, connects to earth. I think that average-anyone could get it from the book (link) and get a lot out of it.

Re: the method, I think we have something similar to Sonnon's intuflow. People would get the intuflow dvd and react, "what?!?, it is so childishly simple: he's just rotating the joints" - but people would do it and get a lot out of it. Same with Lama Max's kunlun method, I think. At least that's how it looks up front; long term effects, we'll have to see.

He picked a similar approach with the acupoints that he presented, btw. He presented 3 points (LI-4, St-36, PC-6) that have very broad application, that'd be good for almost anyone, and that anyone could learn in a couple of minutes and 'd be generally balanced and beneficial.

Due to Ven. Ralo Rinpoche's arrival in Washington D.C. it has been a very busy month. I could not reply to you at my earliest convenience. By the way, I am Ven. Ralo Rinpoche's daughter, Kunsang. I understand your doubt and you definately have the right to ask questions about anything related to dharma. And to answer your question. Ven. Ralo Rinpoche the master of Phurba lineage has never given the authority to instruct Phurba teachings to anybody until today. He has only given numerous empowerments and teachings to his students about Phurba. I hope this answers your questions.

Tashi Delek!

I really wanted to believe! :(:angry:

Well, he gave Max his chuba and taught him Phurba. Max knows him and his wife and son well. No mention of a daughter.

Hello Harry,

when they have authorization, then it is simple. And often you do find people who start something new and had authorization from a previous lineage (isn't this how the Yang style started?).

But of course it IS POSSIBLE that there are other people who have no authorization and still are very good. Or people who had secred authorization just before the master died, and then no one can witness it.

You will know for sure only many generations later.

Now you can only bet or play secure. If you had no choise, I would say, consider betting. But with the abundance of teacher and teachings we have right now. With so many school that are teaching directly, I really see no point in risking years of your life on someone you just can't be sure.

Pietro,

You don't really know enough about Max and this situation to speak on it. So why bother?

Edited by Mantra68

Hehe..ok Pietro :lol:

To those of you who who attended the seminar this weekend, it was great to see you. It is important to keep most of your experience to yourself for a week or two. Let it be yours for a while and continue to work with the practice.

After a while you should talk more about it.

Additionally, I have been very courteous to people like Pietro and others, but I realize that they really are just speaking from the outside of an experience, as authorities. The fear they project is unfounded and simply a projection of their own minds.

It is no different than me telling you (with a tone of authority) about a movie I did NOT see.

Either you know something or you don't. Why pretend?