dawei

Mo Pai Discussion and Vote

Mo Pai Discussion area  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a Mo Pai Discussion area

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If Yes; Would you prefer it to be free from internet searches?

• N/A - I picked No Above
    • Yes - Don't let the internet search this area
    • No - Allow the Internet to search this area

It would be good were we able to do a mass pm to members regarding the vote. I do not know if this is possible?

Newsletter maybe, so not PM but E-Mail?

Though there is still the option for users to deactivate receiving News, I'm afraid.

Edited by Yascra

BKA: IS there some sort of popup notification banner? Or like that ADMIN NOTES which displays?

BKA: IS there some sort of popup notification banner? Or like that ADMIN NOTES which displays?

Huh? No idea what you are talking about, never seen such a thing... on any site.

As to emailing the entire membership, we can do that, sorta kinda. It sort of works. We got an entire 15 or so replies to our change your pw to something better email. The messages also come garbled. They also dont work so well in general for whatever reason, perhaps the email services pick up that it is a mass mailing (doesn't even show up in junk).

There is no way to PM the entire membership (accept manually).

But also is it really important to hear from members who hasn't been on the board in over 6 months, or members who only posted once or twice? I would personally think the daily active membership which has to put up with Mo.... is online reading and replying to threads, would be more important.

• Like 1

Five pages and growing.

Behold the awesome power of mopai! The power to infiltrate people's minds; people who truly should be more resistant to attack.

• Like 3

But also is it really important to hear from members who hasn't been on the board in over 6 months, or members who only posted once or twice? I would personally think the daily active membership which has to put up with Mo.... is online reading and replying to threads, would be more important.

Someone PM'ed me this same issue... maybe the 'vote' has generated more thinking :)

Maybe Town Hall has another thread coming... but I will wait till the vote is over as I want it to stay at the top of the Hall...

Voted "no" because there really isn't much to discuss, and it's sort of giving preference to discussion of a certain school. Also, it would only encourage them.

• Like 4

I voted yes but no searching .... ummmm .... if it happens .. I am probably going to pretty naughty in there :)

• Like 1

Different Option Vote:

If someone mentions MoPai - a team of Ninja are immediately dispatched to your home via TaoBum drones.

Don't think hiding behind masked proxies can save you- They're Ninja duh

& Ha! if you didn't know about the Ninja and TaoBum Drones :ph34r:

• Like 3

LMAO

Personally, I think the posse is bitter because they view themselves as Sith lords while most seem to view them as rather more like the South Park kids.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 5

I voted No but it would be a shame to lose the MoPai boosters completely from TTB.

Every village needs an idiot or two to leaven the whole.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

I think one of the main reasons for the crazy over the top responses in general is lack of a real teacher or a guided direction to their practice. With a closed system and no access to a live teacher, it's like a rudderless ship. You might have amazing instincts and go far, but how many Bruce Lees do we see in a generation and then that's a bad example as Bruce had amazing teachers guiding him.

Books will generate something, but a little knowledge can be a very dangerous thing.

When lack of understanding pervades a practice, imbalance, jealousy, supposition, assumption, it's all just around the corner, because there is no where to turn to have real questions answered. The consistent over the top confidence that theirs is the only real practice in my opinion stems from a lack of confidence in ever being able to get to the more refined teachings as these are not transmitted via a pdf or book.

Fortunately, even here there is at least one exception among those who follow this system, so in the end, it's just another path, albeit an extremely challenging one due to the lack of support from the lineage.

• Like 3

When lack of understanding pervades a practice, imbalance, jealousy, supposition, assumption, it's all just around the corner, because there is no where to turn to have real questions answered. The consistent over the top confidence that theirs is the only real practice in my opinion stems from a lack of confidence in ever being able to get to the more refined teachings as these are not transmitted via a pdf or book.

Fortunately, even here there is at least one exception among those who follow this system, so in the end, it's just another path, albeit an extremely challenging one due to the lack of support from the lineage.

i actually sometimes view it as some type of karmic barrier to the real teachings

• Like 7

Aye, everything's there for some purpose or other.

I do think that 'our' MP boosters should rename it though as it has no recognised connection with the root lineage.

It'll be 'Western MorePie' for me from here on in.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Well said.

In Chang's defense, he does explicitly say to achieve the "golden aura" before starting the training.

will say it here too - that restricting the Mopai discussion forum (or any form dedicated to a single school) to "the pit" would be disrespectful. There should be no Mopai forum if it will be restricted to "the pit."

If there is a large enough internet following for Mopai, which there obviously is, this following should discuss it on their own site. They don't need TTB, and there's enough negativity here as it is. As I recall we wanted to reduce this negativity in order to facilitate better discussions and thus attract more contributors with experience and wisdom to share.

• Like 4

will say it here too - that restricting the Mopai discussion forum (or any form dedicated to a single school) to "the pit" would be disrespectful. There should be no Mopai forum if it will be restricted to "the pit."

The reason why that surfaces as an idea: That a lot of the Mo Pai discussions end up in the Pit one way or another.

Even the idea of a "controversial topics" as a place holder in Pit area has been mentioned. Personally, that is just doing the same thing with a different title.

If we wanted such a topic, I think it is better near Off-Topic... but if the idea was that Mo Pai goes there, then we are already showing a bias towards the outcome of the thread. It is only our perception they are controversial here; Is it really controversial all over the internet? (not looking for an answer, it is more rhetorical).

I have a rather strong opinion that Mo Pai, given no sub-forum, gets posted where where the member wants (staff can always decide a more appropriate location if needed) and most will probably lean towards the Taoist forum (even if Mo Pai is not Taoist) since that is where energy arts seem reasonable.

At this point, a Dragonball sub-forum is more likely than a Mo Pai one :D

The leading idea so far, and it was not in the vote thread but in the Martial Arts thread, is by Zanshin. I've asked Zanshin to forumulate the idea but if we could come up with something which *could* include mind/body/spirit/energy type discussions without explicit subforums for martial arts and Mo Pai or alchemy or yoga, that might be acceptable.

• Like 1

In Chang's defense, he does explicitly say to achieve the "golden aura" before starting the training. (Emphasis mine, ZYD)

This is interesting, do yo have a specific reference for this? If there is some specific 'pre-training' that needs to be done, then that fact should be made more widely known, maybe it would avoid some of the problems that seem to arise otherwise.

Anyone else know anything about this?

• Like 1

I'd say create a sub-forum under General category. Mo Pai seems to be a hot button topic, albeit I must've missed all the kunlun and mo pai wars...not that I'm complaining :)

It might make sense to contain the noise (we call it a broadcast domain in IT networking). I was amazed after the creation of the Buddhist sub-forum how rapidly the noise dissipated and things went back to mostly meaningful discussions again.

My 2 cents worth.

• Like 2

<snip>

Too bad no one liked my "controversial topics" subforum (in the pit) idea :(. It would make it much much less about MP.

Begs the question of who decides which topics are controversial.

The answer, of course, is me.

:D

• Like 1

Begs the question of who decides which topics are controversial.

The answer, of course, is me.

Ah... another keeper of all knowing truth... as learned from {insert justifiable nonsense here} and divine mission to discredit all other lineages and practices :D

I should give you a sub-forum? Or PPF :P

• Like 3

I'll take two, please! That way I can use them to lambast each other mercilessly.

• Like 6

I voted no because the REAL Mo Pai and not (Western MorePie) is closed to westeners :)

We have:

TAO LOUNGE

BACK ROOM

BASEMENT

BUNKER

We could create a bunker section and slowly move all the Mo Pai/More Pie topics into 'The Bunker.'

If people still want to discuss Mo Pai/MorePie, discussions should be restricted only to members who for example have been a member for AT LEAST one year.

In this way it will restrict newbies who just google Mo Pai or John Chang and come to TTB just to start an argument about a real system they know nothing about.

Once the newbie graduates the one year on TTB they would be free to comment in 'The Bunker'. I would hope they have been around long enough to realise how TTB operate and what is considered acceptable and not acceptable.

Yes it is similar to 'The Pit' but with a one year TTB membership.

'The Bunker' can be used solely for Mo Pai/More Pie or other heated topics.

Its not saying that Mo Pai is not worthy of other systems being in 'The Bunker', its just that with Mo Pai being closed to Westerners and with Western More Pie emerging due to such limited, incomplete real information on the topic which in turn creates grey areas that seem to always turn into arguments, I believe 'The Bunker' may just be the place for these topics...

What do other TB's think?

Feel free to use if you find useful, if you find not useful than please disregard what I have said...

To peace on TTBs :)

Edited by Formless Tao
  • Like 3