BaguaKicksAss

Yin? (yang?)

Regarding seeing:

It is a misconception and one put forth in one of the last posts regarding shutting the mind and seeing:

If you are able to observe something clearly then you can become quite disengaged from the mind as you simply observe.

This is particularly true of moving things.

You can also be looking at something like an Escher sketch and suddenly it transforms.

It might be that you are convinced that nothing else is there and then ahhhh - you see.

It could be that the person above is claiming that you can never see it clearly - but the question then is - do you ever see anything clearly?

It is certainly possible to see a great may "invisible" things with great certainty and I have no doubt that someday many of those things will turn out to be like the Escher sketch - but if you look at an Escher sketch it can be seen clearly in at least three ways all of which are completely correct.

Heh, the "invisible" things around here knock stuff over sometimes... ;).

• Like 1

Calm mind, moving body sounds like medicine in motion as referred to by the Harvard Medical Research Dept.on forms like Tai Chi and Ba Gua. .a pun on moving meditation..

Now I'm curious about the original research (and if they mean more than just regular physical exercise). I'm not having as much with google scholar as I'd hoped... link? :>

• Like 1

I'd have to say your wife is mistaken. People may believe they see something, I am not questioning that. I am saying they are delusional.

Uhm, thanks! :D:wub:

I have been called worse though! lol

I can't quote myself as my opinion on the matter holds no authority.

Same authority as any other practitioner who actually practices. Well OK number of years in is also quite relevant though. However, then you'd have to give the same credence to others ;).

Heh, the "invisible" things around here knock stuff over sometimes... ;).

funny that happened last night after I was describing a few techniques to a buddy of mine (that I related to you recently)...we must have been standing there 20 minutes, just talking, and as I was describing it, I did it, and a bunch of boxes and stuff 7 feet away fell over. perhaps it was just a coincidence :)

and sorry MPG, you split hairs with a laser on this stuff

• Like 2

funny that happened last night after I was describing a few techniques to a buddy of mine (that I related to you recently)...we must have been standing there 20 minutes, just talking, and as I was describing it, I did it, and a bunch of boxes and stuff 7 feet away fell over. perhaps it was just a coincidence :)

and sorry MPG, you split hairs with a laser on this stuff

Considering it is the time of year where the veil is thinnest... there could have been something to that :).

I'm curious (honestly!) -- is there a readily available list of indications/characteristics that signify or correspond to these numbered levels?

I'd like to see this list also, lol!

The lower levels of different internal martial arts seem to be pretty similar:

1) You create and store up some "stronger than usual" energy in the center of your body.

2) You learn to flow this energy from the center to the periphery of your body, usually to your hands (to transmit martial and healing power) and to your feet (for grounding).

Then the systems possibly go in different directions.

Edited by Dorian Black

1) You create and store up some "stronger than usual" energy in the center of your body.

2) You learn to flow this energy from the center to the periphery of your body, usually to your hands (to transmit martial and healing power) and to your feet (for grounding).

Where/when does the MCO come into this?

• Like 1

Good question!

Some points to consider:

1) There are several versions of MCO-like flows possible in the torso.

Some closer to the periphery, some closer to the center point, some closer to the center line!

Some of these seem to be outdoor student versions, some rather indoor student versions.

2) Maybe you are already training specific details but are not aware, that these will initiate a version of the MCO.

You are training in bagua. I am more informed about the methods in tai chi and yi chuan, but I bet bagua is not so much different in its outcome and method, even if it might look completely different when observed from the outside.

So think about it. It might be that MCO-like flow producing details were already given to you in the base teachings you received.

;)

• Like 1

Medical texts describe the process of digestion,absorption and elimination as occurring naturally with out people having to arrange them.

Similarly the true energy in the body rises and descends, starting from the source and returning to the source, naturally having its own place of abode, what need is there for people to visualize it in order to arrange it?

If one thinks basic energy is located in a physical aperture this is incorrect. Imagine putting things in a vessel you only have so much room before it is full,now imagine using the whole universe as a vessel, infinite space with no inside or outside and the boundaries melt away.

Using the temporal (limited) points in the body to understand alchemy are bad ingredients, it is important not to use them. This is called an affliction not medicine. The affliction is source of the illness.

• Like 6

Dorian Black, on 01 Nov 2013 - 14:31, said:snapback.png

MCO is a part of Step 2... The basic step 1 is to have sufficient Qi in the LDT before attempting circulating practices.

MCO is a part of Step 2... The basic step 1 is to have sufficient Qi in the LDT before attempting circulating practices.

This is surely true in many systems which lead the chi in step 2 from tantien to the palms, soles and also to the top of the head.

But not in all systems.

Edited by Dorian Black

I think...

Some folks are saying your guy's claim about not being able to feel and/or work with Yin energy isn't correct. (as far as I can tell).

However, I also think you guys (and MoPai) are talking about a specific type of Yin energy, or perhaps something a bit different all together, like you pointed out in a post a few pages back MPG.

I think...

Some folks are saying your guy's claim about not being able to feel and/or work with Yin energy isn't correct. (as far as I can tell).

However, I also think you guys (and MoPai) are talking about a specific type of Yin energy, or perhaps something a bit different all together, like you pointed out in a post a few pages back MPG.

Yin energy as defined by virtually every other system on earth can be felt (at least these people claim to feel it, if that is imagined or real is up for debate)

Yin energy as defined by mo pai is very specifically defined, and until you've fused your yang energy with an equal amount of yin, you cannot feel yin energy directly only by it's interaction with yang energy in your body. The only exception I am aware being in the deepest most profound depth of trance.

Yin energy as defined by mo pai cannot be absorbed in an airplane, on an ungrounded plastic seat, 30,000ft above the earth, in a waking state of consciousness.

It must be absorbed during profoundly deep meditation, and being grounded to the earth at the perineum point.

Yin energy as defined by mo pai isn't the same thing these other people are talking about, and that's just all there is to it. I am not even sure they are working with an energy separate from yang energy or if they are even working with anything other than their own imagination.

They can get mad all they want and pout and scream and whine and whatever else, but it isn't going to change this reality one bit.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

Yin energy as defined by virtually every other system on earth can be felt (at least these people claim to feel it, if that is imagined or real is up for debate)

Yin energy as defined by mo pai is very specifically defined, and you cannot feel it directly only by it's interact with yang energy in your body. The only exception I am aware being in the deepest most profound depth of trance.

Yin energy as defined by mo pai cannot be absorbed in an airplane, on an ungrounded plastic seat, 30,000ft above the earth, in a waking state of consciousness.

It must be absorbed during profoundly deep meditation, and being grounded to the earth at the perineum point.

Yin energy as defined by mo pai isn't the same thing these other people are talking about, and that's just all there is to it.

They can get mad all they want and pout and scream and whine and whatever else, but it isn't going to change this reality one bit.

But if there are several yin chi sorts, all ghosts on earth consist out of Mo Pai Yin Chi?

But if there are several yin chi sorts, all ghosts on earth consist out of Mo Pai Yin Chi?

That is my understanding yes, your spirit is made of Mo Pai Yin Chi as well.

Thank you for all your work on this thread Flo :). I know how long it takes to split and pit part of a thread like this, much appreciation!

• Like 3

It's natural to get some offtopic posting in these threads but please take some time to think before posting(you will notice I'm far from perfect in this regard but atleast I'm working on it). In regard to insults, please just don't go there. The TTB rules are not strict by most forum standards but I personally think it's an opportunity to develop as a person. The more freedom we have, the more we can show what type of people we are.

You might not think developing as a person is what it's about... but from my personal experience think serious meditative practices improve our ability to be calm in face of adversity and also, by being calm in the face of adversity we also improve in our energy practices. You won't become a saint but you will atleast know to conserve your energy.

TLDR; I hope we can avoid further devolving into attacking people and their practices.

• Like 8

Jiang Feng demonstrates Yin Chi powers or at least a reversal of internal power flow which leads to a "magnetic" effect.