BaguaKicksAss

Yin? (yang?)

Though I think I'll just go sit out at night on the ground under a new moon and call it good!

Why not a full moon? You'll get more yin when it's full, even though in comparison, the new moon is "yin". :wacko: :P

• Like 3

Why not a full moon? You'll get more yin when it's full, even though in comparison, the new moon is "yin". :wacko: :P

I'd say the moon is most yin the day before new moon!

And who says you can't get more yin energy from the invisible yin dark part of the moon than from his light yang part...?

btw, a waxing moon is...yang within yin? LOL!

a waning moon...yin within yin?

But what's the black moon as end phase of the waning moon phase....greater yin?

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 1

In the heavens, the moon is yin and the sun is yang. Full moon means you're getting the most of the lunar energy, and new moon means the least lunar energy. This is going off of the energy we can access, rather than pure categorization.

With categorization, the new moon would be most yin, and the full moon would be most yang...but the new moon does not mean we receive more yin. At least in my view.

Can-t-You-Sleep-Little-Bear-Waddell-Mart

• Like 2

Heavy jing loss in women:

-period

-pregnancy

Ever wondered why some women (as I observed in several cases myself) seem to "bloom" physically during pregnancy....and appear suddenly much aged shortly after giving birth?

Growing another human inside yourself seems to burn up jing like a bush fire!

If this was really true, one would expect nuns to age the least and remain the healthiest?.. Not the case.

The reason some women (not all) bloom during pregnancy is an influx of yin fluids provided by the fetus. You give the growing baby adequate nutrients and nurturing emotions, he or she will thank you by converting them into what you need to keep up the good work.

It's natural alchemy at its best.

And the reason some women (again, not all) age after giving birth is that in modern times the set-up often compromises phase I -- pregnancy, botches phase II -- labor, aborts phase III -- nursing, then phase I\/ -- elevated social status and respect (a morale booster for new mothers of indigenous cultures, beneficial for their overall well-being), then phase V -- full immersion in dynamic yin-yang interactions (an infant or toddler is very yang, a mother taking care of him or her full time would naturally maintain a very yin, very nurturing state -- instead of interacting with her child on the side, on the run, in between her typically stressful work schedule demands), and so on. In other words, what you observe is what abnormal social situations do to women -- and, by extension, in a never-ending vicious cycle, to their children, men and women to be.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 8

that's because you have never bottomed for another man ;) i don't even do it to cum... i do it for the massive amount of energy i'm left with afterwards

Not my cup of tea, but thanks lol.

• Like 1

Just look at it like Dorian explained. They're relative terms. You cannot merge a difference in potential.

Think about it for a while.

Well they are just names, but in the school I study yin energy is a real energy like gravity, and yang energy is a real energy like light. The fusion of these two energies, a passive field type energy and an active radiant energy, is the point.

They are not abstract concepts but real energies in our environment.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

Well they are just names, but in the school I study yin energy is a real energy like gravity, and yang energy is a real energy like light. The fusion of these two energies, a passive field type energy and an active radiant energy, is the point.

They are not abstract concepts but real energies in our environment.

I think I know what you mean. These do seem to integrate closer and closer. It's more like the intent becomes one but the energies are still fundamentally the same. It's more to do with your own body as a reference point. The yin is when you are receptive (let go, be passive) which does result in a certain gravitational feeling. The yang is the projection of whatever.

Yin/yang in terms of this thread is a much larger topic and the reference point changes which makes it a lot more dynamic. That reference moves from yourself to any particular person that you might choose.

Probably another good thing to take note of. There is no yin or yang without a reference point.

• Like 1

They are not the same:

You understand about yang and yin?” he had asked. I nodded.
In this day and age few people in the West had not heard of these
two opposing universal forces. “Inside our bodies, both flow in equal
amounts,” he continued. “These energies are opposites; they can
never meet. Yin and yang normally run parallel to each other, never
letting go of one another. I use my yin and yang together as one;
that is why I can do what I do. By itself, yang ch’i cannot pass the
limits of the body.”

The Magus of Java p13

Our physical bodies are yang; the energy and being
of spirits is yin. Conversely, yang comes from heaven, yin from the
earth. Both forces are present in everything alive on this planet, but
they are not harmonious forces, as often represented in the West.
Instead, they are in constant struggle, never able to meet yet always
interacting. It must be stressed that this clash is a struggle of natural
universal energies, not a contention of sentient deities! Neither yin
nor yang has anything to do with good and evil; they are independent of
purpose and morality.

-The Magus Of Java p180

I think I know what you mean. These do seem to integrate closer and closer. It's more like the intent becomes one but the energies are still fundamentally the same. It's more to do with your own body as a reference point. The yin is when you are receptive (let go, be passive) which does result in a certain gravitational feeling. The yang is the projection of whatever.

Yin/yang in terms of this thread is a much larger topic and the reference point changes which makes it a lot more dynamic. That reference moves from yourself to any particular person that you might choose.

Probably another good thing to take note of. There is no yin or yang without a reference point.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

I didn't mean they were the same thing. I meant that they remain the same as they previously were. Not combined together, but as they were. Separate, but working together. United by intent.

“These energies are opposites; they can never meet." You quoted that.

It feels more yin-like to me during the dark..

Well that and during the full you get more sun involved :>.

I'd say the moon is most yin the day before new moon!

And who says you can't get more yin energy from the invisible yin dark part of the moon than from his light yang part...?

btw, a waxing moon is...yang within yin? LOL!

a waning moon...yin within yin?

But what's the black moon as end phase of the waning moon phase....greater yin?

Best time for skrying, working with the dead, and all the fun magics!

I personally see them as energies, mostly because that is how I perceive most things. I feel the different energies of people, of the earth, of the moon, of the sun, of the various gua around the Bagua, of yin and yang... and so on.

Though More Pie Guy, you telling me that folks can't feel yin.. confuses me a bit... why would there be one energy in the universe that cannot be felt?

Just look at it like Dorian explained. They're relative terms. You cannot merge a difference in potential.

Think about it for a while.

For clarification sake, I prefer to refer to earth chi as earth chi and not as yin chi. The same concerning heaven chi...I don't like to call it yang chi.

Certainly, if you compare heaven chi to earth chi relatively, then heaven chi is yang and earth chi is yin.

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 1

Your ideas arent right here. Blood isnt jing when it isnt jing. To conflate blood with jing is a mistake, as is conflating semen with jing. Be less materialist and more subtle and you will approach more the truth of it.

Being literal will let you down on these matters.

I didn't claim that.

I claimed that the reproduction of cells burns up your life energy / jing / essence.

Though More Pie Guy, you telling me that folks can't feel yin.. confuses me a bit... why would there be one energy in the universe that cannot be felt?

Right now your consciousness itself is made of 100% pure yang energy. That being the case you cannot perceive yin at all.

Imagine trying to see pure darkness using a flashlight.

Once yin and yang are fused as one in your body your consciousness will be able to perceive yin energy directly.

As it stands now Yin energy can only be felt by yin's indirect interaction on the yang energy in your body.

“Can you show us what yin and yang are like, individually?”

Andreas asked.

“Yes. Touch my hand.” John extended his arm, and Andreas

touched his fingers with his own. John sent a burst of ch’i to his

fingertips; immediately Andreas pulled his hand back as it he had

been burned. I had suffered the same display many times in the past.

“Hot, isn’t it?” John laughed.

“So when you demonstrate by setting a newspaper on fire, it’s

yang ch’i that you send down to it?”

“Yes.”

“And what is the yin ch’i like?”

“The yin is passive. It can only follow, never lead. It can absorb

energy but never initiate motion.

“I can show you what the yin is like,” John said. “Just a minute.”

He disappeared for a few minutes.

John came up behind me and pulled my shirt out of my pants. As

with Handoko, he put a knuckle up against the small of my back, in

the area of my kidneys.

Suddenly I felt like I was being pumped up with air. I could feel

my belly distending and my bladder being squeezed; I wanted to

pee. There was no other sensation; no cold, no rush of energy, no

electrical discharge, nothing. Just the feeling of fullness.

John had mentioned that a student had to be at least Level Three

to be able to sense the yin; that a human being, by his own nature

yang, cannot sense yin energy directly. Rather, a human senses the

presence of yin by its reaction to the yang. Here is an unidentified

force that leaves no trace of itself, that we cannot feel inside our own

bodies even in excess (unlike electricity, but perhaps like gravity),

but whose results I had witnessed, experienced, and felt.

It was a frustrating position for an engineer to be in. I had seen

the “ether” but needed a way to prove its existence to the world. 13

What was also intriguing was the fact that most people in the

West think of yin and yang as philosophical concepts rather than as

actual physical energies. A serious presentation placing the two in

an orthological vein would be revolutionary at best.

The Magus of Java p111

• Like 1

I didn't mean they were the same thing. I meant that they remain the same as they previously were. Not combined together, but as they were. Separate, but working together. United by intent.

“These energies are opposites; they can never meet." You quoted that.

Well normally they can't, but yet it is the fusion of the two as one that is the goal of the system I study.

• Like 1

The new moon is so yin that it is not broadcasting its energy as much as the full. The moon itself is yin, and so its light, even though it is reflected from the sun, is considered yin. It is not that a new moon would be less yin, it just sends less light bathing you in less yin energy.Being a physically incarnate being in motion is very yang. By making your mind and body increasingly still you become more yin. You can't perceive something if you are too out of tune with it.

I was thinking more yin, simply because I feel the new moon even more strongly than the full! :)

Not sure where the other half of the quote vanished to, but that does make sense about moving and being still, especially the mind I figure.

Well normally they can't, but yet it is the fusion of the two as one that is the goal of the system I study.

There's a few dozen quotes about this in the Neigong book I'm reading :).

and.. isn't that how life is created? (well OK perhaps just mammal life, don't remember my reading well enough).

Right now your consciousness itself is made of 100% pure yang energy. That being the case you cannot perceive yin at all.

Imagine trying to see pure darkness using a flashlight.

Once yin and yang are fused as one in your body your consciousness will be able to perceive yin energy directly.

As it stands now Yin energy can only be felt by yin's indirect interaction on the yang energy in your body.

What is the energy I feel from the moon? Or the dark moon? The energy from women? The energy in the cemetery (in areas where the dead folks aren't actually at the time)? The energy from the darkness in the middle of the night? I was sorta/kinda/maybe miss perceiving these as yin, heh.

Hmmm, also, this makes me think about all the yin channels in my body and how I run energy along those (and the yang as well) in certain exercises.