BaguaKicksAss

Yin? (yang?)

It appears we have a fair amount of expertise on this so does anyone know of some information on the following:

This occurred in my early 20s

I was having sex with a very attractive girl who I had just met that afternoon.

During the sex my kundalini turned on from the tip of my penis and continuously along my back up into my head.

(It was a variety of colors including reds,blues etc. - I should look at a color chart for a more exact exchange of colors)

It was an extremely electric sustained current and it felt as though it extended a bit beyond my penis.

I was completely rocked up and this amplified at the time measurably (by rocked up I mean pretty much every muscle in my body was taut).

Anyway - it was a hell of a surprise - and it was definitely not depleting that I can remember.

Edited by Spotless

..... bagua, you can feel Yin.

MPG is quoting Chang talking to a novice.

A couple of folks mentioned people not being able to feel it, so I gave it more credence than if just one person said something...

I'm trying to be more open to all possibilities (instead of always thinking I'm right lol), so trying some different stuff out :).

How do you perceive yin energy? I think that women might have an easier time at this....

..... bagua, you can feel Yin.

With 100 percent certainty, you are wrong.

Yin can only be perceived by it's interaction with the yang energy in our bodies. Our consciousness itself is 100% pure yang energy.

If you believe you are feeling yin energy, it is a sure sign that you are not.

You can call energy you feel yin because you believe it so, but that doesn't mean you are correct.

99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

Of all people on earth will never fuse their yin and yang energies as one, and will never directly perceive yin energy.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

It appears we have a fair amount of expertise on this so does anyone know of some information on the following:

This occurred in my early 20s

I was having sex with a very attractive girl who I had just met that afternoon.

During the sex my kundalini turned on from the tip of my penis and continuously along my back up into my head.

(It was a variety of colors including reds,blues etc. - I should look at a color chart for a more exact exchange of colors)

It was an extremely electric sustained current and it felt as though it extended a bit beyond my penis.

I was completely rocked up and this amplified at the time measurably (by rocked up I mean pretty much every muscle in my body was taut).

Anyway - it was a hell of a surprise - and it was definitely not depleting that I can remember.

I'm assuming this hasn't happened since with other women? At my uneducated, but had similar things happen guess, your energy and her energy and you and her meshed VERY well. Some amazing energetic things happen when this is the case.

Now the technical aspects of all this stuff I have never had any idea about, and hence why I'm asking lots of questions :). I have always just noticed things that have happened under different circumstances.

• Like 2

How do you perceive yin energy?

You don't. That is the thing.

Yin energy is not perceptible as your consciousness itself is made of 100% pure yang energy.

You can only perceive it's interaction with the yang in your body.

This is much the same as how you can't see a magnetic field without something like a ferrofluid, but it can never be seen directly by your eyes.

• Like 1

Hi Spotless,

Things like that happen when a male-female energy loop is created. Rather than depleting the energy is amplified and circulated back and forth. It also creates a very powerful platform for dual cultivation and clearing of obstructions.

Best wishes,

Jeff

• Like 2

You don't. That is the thing.

Yin energy is not perceptible as your consciousness itself is made of 100% pure yang energy.

You can only perceive it's interaction with the yang in your body.

This is much the same as how you can't see a magnetic field without something like a ferrofluid, but it can never be seen directly by your eyes.

I can feel magnetic energy though :). Sometimes in a quite uncomfortable manner (had to move the neodymiums out of my bedroom!) Is it possible in this sense? PS that vid is awesome!

I'm still curious though, what is the energy from the stuff which I perceive as yin? Woman, the dark moon, deep night, deep into the earth (when you send roots down during meditation), cemeteries... I'm trying to understand what it is :).

The only exception to this rule that I know of is that in the most profound and deepest depths of trance you are more in your yin consciousness, only then that I am aware of can yin entities and the yin side of reality be more directly perceived.

This isn't a state most people will ever experience in their lifetimes however, as most forms of meditation don't take you there, and most people scoff at trance as useless to their path.

• Like 1

I can feel magnetic energy though :). Sometimes in a quite uncomfortable manner (had to move the neodymiums out of my bedroom!) Is it possible in this sense? PS that vid is awesome!

I'm still curious though, what is the energy from the stuff which I perceive as yin? Woman, the dark moon, deep night, deep into the earth (when you send roots down during meditation), cemeteries... I'm trying to understand what it is :).

I wish I had a better explanation for you. When you are moving around and aware you are experiencing your yang consciousness, and it just is not possible to experience yin at all via the yang consciousness.

You can look at paintings which make you feel emotions, of a woman, a dark moon, a deep night, or the earth. You can even say, these things I am looking at are yin. However the energy it is being perceived with is 100% yang energy.

In yang consciousness only extremely dense fields of yin can be perceived, only then by their interaction with the yang energy in your body.

This is much the same way that you can't see a magnetic field, yet if using a ferrofluid you can see it's interactions with it.

After yin and yang are fused as one you can more directly perceive yin energy in the environment in normal waking consciousness.

The only exception to this I am aware of is during the deepest depths of trance where breathing stops completely, in perfect total and absolute stillness. During this state you can perceive the yin aspect more so than in waking awareness.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

Oh I can most definitely perceive yin entities no problem (and confirmed by others). Been able to since I was born. Wasn't so pleasant when I was a kid, now it's... a good thing most of the time.

Uhm, trance state is extremely important in magic, and any spiritual path I figure. The shaman folks (sorry don't know a better term, and hate that one) had it right!

I think trance is popular, but wildly misunderstood by most. Most people I talk to hear the word trance and think they can achieve it by mantra or repetition of some activity. That isn't the same state I am referencing to. The state between waking and sleeping, it's something we each pass through for a split second before we lose consciousness at night. The trick is learning to keep a foot on either side of the doorway.

I've met a lot of people who claim to see spirits, based on my own experience unless they were in profoundly deep states of trance I think probably these entities were imagined.

Perhaps the imagination was inspired by subconscious communication with the conscious mind, and it is accurate but I don't think it is the result of direct observation of yin energy.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

I wish I had a better explanation for you. When you are moving around and aware you are experiencing your yang consciousness, and it just is not possible to experience yin at all via the yang consciousness.

You can look at paintings which make you feel emotions, of a woman, a dark moon, a deep night, or the earth. You can even say, these things I am looking at are yin. However the energy it is being perceived with is 100% yang energy.

In yang consciousness only extremely dense fields of yin can be perceived, only then by their interaction with the yang energy in your body.

This is much the same way that you can't see a magnetic field, yet if using a ferrofluid you can see it's interactions with it.

After yin and yang are fused as one you can more directly perceive yin energy in the environment in normal waking consciousness.

The only exception to this I am aware of is during the deepest depths of trance where breathing stops completely, in perfect total and absolute stillness. During this state you can perceive the yin aspect more so than in waking awareness.

The multiquote thing isn't working for me today, darn.

When I walk around, when needed, I sort of open up the other senses.... go into enough of an altered and receptive state to perceive energies, entities and so forth. Sometimes it just happens, but I prefer to open and close, as some people have some pretty bad energy lol.

With paintings I don't usually get a feel from them, no matter what the subject, unless the painter put a lot of heart and soul into it. That is how I try to do all of my paintings as well (course I also call the spirit into each of mine, but that is another story!)

To me this sort of thing is similar to the 6th sense most people get... when someone is walking behind you, when you just know someone means you harm, when you can FEEL someone is not as genuine as they are pretending to be, when a certain area in the forest is dangerous at the moment and so forth... I just sort of expand on that and allow it to be much more open at certain times. (though when I was younger, I didn't know you could close it when you want yet, it took much practice).

It is possible though that I'm experiencing yang energy with this... cept the dead folks, I think I might have to disagree on that part :).

Also from what you have said in the state between being awake and asleep. Many folks have reported some very strange stuff during that time. I also use that state to try to do out of body stuff, and other work. It's difficult to get sometimes though, and I can't have been on the net for awhile before it, or had interesting conversations, or... etc.

I have learned much about feeling yin directly from my taiji teacher. I described a bit of the approach in my PPF. It is indeed not easy but only because the whole indoctrination of our civilization, physical and mental alike, is about promoting, cultivating, selectively supporting yang. I don't think mental models can work at all until physical ones are reformed but physical ones can only be reformed if pre-conditioned ideation is suspended -- hence the difficulty. "Mental" and "yang" are synonyms. Yin is not mental. You may have trouble feeling it -- but you have no way of thinking it. The good news is that yi, not a thought but a vector, an impulse of intent, stopped just short of turning into a thought, produces it with ease.

Yin is first and foremost 'open receptivity," so, e.g., learning to open your joints is a lesson in feeling yin. Few modern people can open their joints without years of proper training, few can melt the hardness, stubborn determination to be "just so," tensions in the way of feeling yin. Then there's mind-fracks from ideology that are also in the way. I wrote about "endarkenment" as the yin alternative to "enlightenment" years ago, but I can't really explain to those who are chasing a radioactively glowing cat in a brightly lit room that she isn't there.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 7

btw. I think there are plenty of people who cant distinguish or relate with yin energy in the sense of which we speak of it.

Especially and primarily when they are unable to relate to yin consciously and have blockages in particular related to this integral part of life. There are those that would cordon yin off and collude with the widespread false yang denial of it, in all manner of forms of denial.

There are other very basic senses in which yin energy is present moment to moment and one can be aware of this.... or not.

Of course a depressed person is lost in yin. Their energy is very palpable.

I believe a depressed person is lost in false yin. Didn't someone say that "depression is anger minus enthusiasm?" That's your false yin in a nutshell.

Lost in true yin feels awesome. I was lost there once, in Peru... I wasn't depressed in the least, I was feeling awesome in the primary sense of the word -- ecstatically terrified.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 5

yin feels awesome.

I really wish that Chang had called yin energy something else.

The nature of the energy he describes as yin is such that it cannot possibly be directly experienced by a human mind.

It can only be felt as it interacts with the yang in the body, not directly. The only exception to this I know if is via the deepest most profound depths of trance and stillness. (or the person has achieved fusion of yin and yang)

Lot's of people (a famous teacher even), claim you can feel and absorb yin energy on an airplane, ungrounded, on a plastic seat, 10,000 feet in the air, or while moving around doing exercises.

What Chang describes as yin can only be obtained via direct electrical contact with the earth, and synthetic materials block it's flow, and only then during the deepest depths of trance.

The fact still remains that whatever it is these guys are "feeling" and calling yin, and what Chang are calling yin is not the same energy.

I think we need new terminology to avoid serious confusion.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

I think trance is popular, but wildly misunderstood by most. Most people I talk to hear the word trance and think they can achieve it by mantra or repetition of some activity. That isn't the same state I am referencing to. The state between waking and sleeping, it's something we each pass through for a split second before we lose consciousness at night. The trick is learning to keep a foot on either side of the doorway.

I've met a lot of people who claim to see spirits, based on my own experience unless they were in profoundly deep states of trance I think probably these entities were imagined.

Perhaps the imagination was inspired by subconscious communication with the conscious mind, and it is accurate but I don't think it is the result of direct observation of yin energy.

With practice it gets easier. (trance state) though I have to say after 25 years of daily practice (skip a couple of weeks per year all together) at such things.. I still have trouble with it though. I'm still trying to figure out which days/times/phases of the moon and etc. are best for this.

About the spirits thing... feel free to visit Vancouver anytime ;). Well or at least most people end up seeing stuff...

Makes some sense about the subconscious thing, hmmmm. Also, I'm not so sure all spirits are yin..

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

Presumably your teacher has done live work with you on this... Do you work with JA Johnson Or Gideon?.. And you do female practises!

People who have partners to work with have an easier time. But in fact you can discern it with relating to any natural phenomena.. go to an moving source of water and work their, go to a still source of water and work there...

work in the sun, work in the dark.. it's all relative, a spectrum, as you indicated with your mentioning of experiences.

A tree in a shady glade has a different signature than a tree in the sun.

I was curious how (in what sense) you personally experience yin energies.

Yes I do work in person with my teacher, but have not asked these questions yet, yin questions I mean.

Also, there are so many things which I have learned (via different teachers), or experienced through time, but do not have words, or proper terms for; definitely not Taoist terms for. I had never used nor thought in Yin/Yang until very recently :).

.This is much the same as how you can't see a magnetic field without something like a ferrofluid, but it can never be seen directly by your eyes.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlqHosE4LZY

Sorry but you are incorrect on this point - it is quit possible to see a magnetic field with your eyes wide open and it is very cool when you do.

If you ever come to see auras with your eyes open, you will find that they appear as magnetic fields for the most part.

Brilliant crystalline colors that move and are affected in a very similar and ethereal looking way. (On a healthy vibrant aura)

Magnificent!

You can also hear a person - each race has a definite tonal aspect and an intermix adds additional tones.

You can also hear the difference between a male and a female - perhaps the hearing is the yin or the yang.

I do not know where your certainty comes from regarding the feeling of yin. I have not looked into it personally - though at some point I think i will now. Is your certainty on this point from the same level as your assumptive certainty regarding your mistaken point regarding the ability of the open eye to see a magnetic field? I do not mind if your information of the yin is from a very good group of sources - nothing wrong with high teaching. I am certain you have not utilized high sources for your mistaken point regarding the seeing and you may want to question those sources or restrain from "teaching" with certainty based on assumptions if that was the case.

• Like 3

I have learned much about feeling yin directly from my taiji teacher. I described a bit of the approach in my PPF. It is indeed not easy but only because the whole indoctrination of our civilization, physical and mental alike, is about promoting, cultivating, selectively supporting yang. I don't think mental models can work at all until physical ones are reformed but physical ones can only be reformed if pre-conditioned ideation is suspended -- hence the difficulty. "Mental" and "yang" are synonyms. Yin is not mental. You may have trouble feeling it -- but you have no way of thinking it. The good news is that yi, not a thought but a vector, an impulse of intent, stopped just short of turning into a thought, produces it with ease.

Yin is first and foremost 'open receptivity," so, e.g., learning to open your joints is a lesson in feeling yin. Few modern people can open their joints without years of proper training, few can melt the hardness, stubborn determination to be "just so," tensions in the way of feeling yin. Then there's mind-fracks from ideology that are also in the way. I wrote about "endarkenment" as the yin alternative to "enlightenment" years ago, but I can't really explain to those who are chasing a radioactively glowing cat in a brightly lit room that she isn't there.

This makes a lot of sense to me, thank you :).

• Like 2

Hi Spotless,

Things like that happen when a male-female energy loop is created. Rather than depleting the energy is amplified and circulated back and forth. It also creates a very powerful platform for dual cultivation and clearing of obstructions.

Best wishes,

Jeff

The moment i read your reply I remembered that loop - It was a very clear loop feeling!

Thanks!

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

I really wish that Chang had called yin energy something else.

The nature of the energy he describes as yin is such that it cannot possibly be directly experienced by a human mind.

It can only be felt as it interacts with the yang in the body, not directly. The only exception to this I know if is via the deepest most profound depths of trance and stillness. (or the person has achieved fusion of yin and yang)

Lot's of people (a famous teacher even), claim you can feel and absorb yin energy on an airplane, ungrounded, on a plastic seat, 10,000 feet in the air, or while moving around doing exercises.

(what chang describes as yin can only be obtained via direct electrical contact with the earth, and synthetic materials block it's flow, and only then during the deepest depths of trance)

The fact still remains that whatever it is these guys are "feeling" and calling yin, and what Chang are calling yin is not the same energy.

I think we need new terminology to avoid serious confusion.

Now *this* makes a lot of sense. There is a very good chance that there was some explanation of the energies in chinese, but getting it through to the English speaking folks he just thought "yin, close enough".